[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Day Symmetric Warfare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Hey /k/ what do you guys think large scale symmetric warfare would like between somewhat large nations like Iran-Saudi or Turkey-Russia. Would it be simply based on air superiority and logistics or would things like armor be meaningful given that it might be a brief conflict.
>>
>>33302323
>Turkey-Russia

russia has conventional missle capability to end the war before it even began by killing that shitskin erdogan in his own palace. only problem would be US interference, as usual.
>>
Ah I forgot about non-nuclear missiles. Would these level cities or would it be possible to leave infrastructure intact as to not repeat Chechnya. Any alternatives like chemical agents that would temporarily clear out troops?
>>
>>33302441
>Would these level cities
ofc not. they can flatten moderately fortified steel-concrete structures though. anything that's not a dedicated bunker dies.
>>
You can expect shit tier countries doing it. Like India and Pakistan, somewhat emulating the Iran-Iraq war.
>>
>>33302464
I don't think we would ever see a Hindi-Paki conflict because they both have second strike capability I believe. If we do it will be border skirmishes.
>>
It would all depend on the war objectives, the terrain between the two countries and the commitment to intensive war. Most major wars between nations have featured AFVs prominently where appropriate terrain exists.

After all, the Six Day War was very short, but because of the geography (and high preparedness) AFVs were crucial to the pace of war even in those few days.

The main reason why those two prposed conflicts wouldn't have much ground combat is that both of those opposing powers have buffer states between them. Unless some major development changed that, the war would almost entirely be conducted at air and sea.
>>
>>33302573
I think Iran-Saudi would be to kill the other. Turkey- Russia would probably some sort of land grab. Maybe Baku and Istanbul. Istanbul would be a naval stirke/ ground troop invasion. Baku would mech-inf with lots of barrages. The thing about afvs is that I don't know if they could be mobilized fast enough for Russia to use them given the terrain of the caucus mountains.Is there a live/interactive map we can make to discuss this?
>>
>>33302661

I don't think any of those countries could support significant operations away from their contiguous land borders without massive preparation. Certainly not enough to be able to defeat local forces with an expeditionary force. Even if Russia were able to land a few thousand troops near Istanbul (without NATO intervention), Turkish forces would overmatch them severely in numbers and heavy weaponry.

Binkov's Battlegrounds on Youtube is not everyone's cup of tea, but it does discuss Russia & Turkey in two of the videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f-FdlyqA8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkTLEOC27-I
>>
So the only way to overcome a stalemate given his model would be overwhelming air superiority on Russia's part. I wonder how reliant Turkey is on the US to subsidize their airforce training and equipment. Turkey doesn't seem to have much of an industrial complex, but that is changing now.
>>
>>33302909

Turkish Aerospace Industries is licensed for domestic F-16 production, though I don't know how much of the key components (eg engine, radar) they can actually produce, or whether it is more like an assembly of imported kits. What certainly is true, is that they are dependant on the USA for air to air missiles.

if it weren't for NATO involvement, Russia could probably take out much of the Turkish air force on the ground in a conventional first strike using massed sea & air launched cruise missiles with relatively little warning.
>>
>>33302441
Russians have their thermobaric bombs, some of which replaced the old small nuke warheads.
I still dont entirely understand what the thermobaric explosions do, has something to do with getting some fine powder or fumes that light up everywhere, so you cant hide from it.
20 of those warheads on a ballistic missile would fry every kebab in Istanbul in 10 minutes.
It still wouldnt flatten concrete. And i dont think they would spill roach poison everywhere.
>>
>>33303773
Thermobaric spreads the fuel in the air using a conventional charge, then detoning the fuel/air mix. Since they're not carrying the oxidizer, the pack more punch in a smaller package than conventional explosives.
It would spill roach poison if it doesn't detonate properly, because the fuel is toxic.

Detonation=>Kaboom
Deflagration=>Burn mothafuka
Leftovers=>Poison
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.