[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the third day in a row posting about this. Yesterday,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Eurofighter Typhoon under view.jpg (165KB, 1024x882px) Image search: [Google]
Eurofighter Typhoon under view.jpg
165KB, 1024x882px
This is the third day in a row posting about this. Yesterday, I noticed a formation of four delta-wing planes flying over Norfolk, VIRGINIA. Yes, that's right, yesterday I feel asleep after posting the thread and everyone thought that I meant Norfolk, UK.

So the day before, I had seen the same four-plane formation, flying quite low. I can readily identify all types of US planes, but I had to look these up. Definitely Typhoons. What would a flight of Eurofighters be doing over a US mainland base? Where would they have come from, and might they be based off of a CVN?

By the way, I know we have a large NATO presence here. That usually does not includes planes AFAIK. Not paranoid, just curious.
>>
>>33301503
>What would a flight of Eurofighters be doing over a US mainland base?
Cross-training is a regular thing, you know.
> might they be based off of a CVN
>typhoon
>carrier
The only delta-wing carrier aircraft in service is the rafale.
So no, unless you mistook them and they are actually rafale. Which is possible, since at times when the Charles de Gaulle is in drydock, French pilots go carrier training to the US since they use the same catapults.
>>
>>33301534

Never seen foreign fighters before. Pretty bizarre sight.
>>
>>33301591
France trains it's pilots in Virginia beach for carrier ops, and the USN trains American mechanic to work on the rafale there as well.
>>
>>33301591
Saw it all the time as a kid when I lived on Eglin AFB in Florida. Hell, one of the coolest things I saw was a flight of German F-4s.

NATO warbirds do cross training with US Air Force and Navy all the time. Great way to make sure everybody is familiar with each other. Probably just that most of it has been over Europe lately for certain reasons.

You want odd though, I saw a damn Super Cobra or something damn close over here in Arkansas last year. Now I could be wrong but I didn't think there were any Marine bases around here.
>>
ATAC F-21 KFIRS out of PHF.
>>
They are from the Spain Air Force.
>>
>>33302013
This. Spanish Eurofighters have been participating in Red Flag exercises. There are several videos on YouTube showing their take offs and landings in Las Vegas.
>>
>>33301503
It's the ATF, anon..
They want your dog.
>>
>>33301503

I live in northeastern NC, about 30 minutes south of Norfolk. Neat.

Never seen foreign fighters here. Just F/A-18s heading the Stumpy Point bombing range. Like the other anon said they're probably doing carrier training so that would mean they have no need to come this far south.
>>
>>33301503
If it's not what the others have said, Red Flag 17-2 is on at the moment (albeit nowhere near Virginia) and there's Spanish Eurofighter Typhoons participating. Again, if they're not what the others have said, you might have seen spare / additional Typhoons transiting to or from Nellis.
>>
File: cnicd_a115460.jpg (55KB, 567x300px) Image search: [Google]
cnicd_a115460.jpg
55KB, 567x300px
Thanks for responding!
>>
German pilots get most of their training in the U.S. There's not enough empty space here to do it without getting bombarded by civil lawsuits due to the noise.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.