[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid shit we thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 728102_L1.jpg (19KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
728102_L1.jpg
19KB, 450x450px
>thought grains were a unit of volume, like a 115 grain 9mm meant it had 115 individual units of powder in the case
>This confused me because a 55 grain 5.56 is more powerful than 9mm yet has less powder
>thought .50 caliber muskets were as powerful as .50 caliber rifles today
>Thought a 1911 .45 meant it was adopted in 1911 but used in 1945 because that's when WWII was
>Thought the corner shot really curved the bullet 90 degrees
>Thought the desert eagle was in .50 BMG
>Thought that the term "full metal jacket"referred to Vietnam like how the sandbox referred to the middle east
>Thought hollow point ammunition was armor piercing
>Thought .223 and 5.56 were the same cartridge
>>
>>33292512
It's okay, we were underage too once.
>>
File: OKP7_Reticule01.jpg (356KB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
OKP7_Reticule01.jpg
356KB, 1600x1063px
>>33292512
I thought cosmoline was actually an eastern bloc product. It turns out it's American through and through.
>>
>>33292512
I'm glad you got off the drugs.
>>
>>33292951
Today I learned...
>>
>>33292512
I'm noguns and antiguns (because of people like you) and I knew all that shit is wrong.
>>
File: IMG_2504.jpg (88KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2504.jpg
88KB, 900x702px
>>33292512
>thought.50 muskets were as powerful as .50 today
Were you dropped on your head as a baby?
>>
>>33293184
You definitely sound like someone that is normal and not autistic, and you definitely belong on this board, no doubt.
>>
I mean, the Germans technically had a cornershot that did that on some of their STGs late war

https://youtu.be/HSsFiS2Voxg
>>
>>33292512
>All those examples

See, here's the thing. All of us at some point didn't know what those things are. What we didn't do, in our ignorance, was make baseless assumptions about those things.

The problem wasn't that you didn't know better. The problem was that you were making assumptions when you should not. Do you still do this? Ask yourself that question.
>>
>>33292512
Grew up noguns and thought 115 grain meant 115 grains of gunpowder. Quickly disproven when I pryed off a 9mm and 5.56 bullet and poured the powder out
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.