[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M203

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

so for about $2200 plus shipping and the transfer fee you can get an M203. i plan on saving up for one for smoke, flares, less-lethal, hornets nests and fireworks. why is it so rare to see anyone with one? 2200 bucks inst really that much. you could blow that on an AR build easy. they dont have to be pre 1986 like full auto and you can do so much with them. is there a reason you dont see them more often.
>>
>>33289683

Because you'd need individual stamps for any rounds that actually do any form of meaningful exploding.
>>
>>33289694

And also, if you only want less lethal and fireworks, 37mm does the job almost as well and much, much, much cheaper.
>>
>>33289694
true but anything with explosives is fucking hard to get and you have to have an inspected storage facility like a underground explosives magazine. so they are kind of out of the question regardless.
>>
>>33289697
true ive been looking into 37mm but it seems everything is easier to find in .40mm and i think 37mm is all surplus so eventually it is going to get hard to find while 40mm is still in service so i know when im older ill be able to still shoot it. so i dont mind the cost of the actual launcher itself if its cheaper to shoot. and i cant find a rail mounted 37mm launcher. i reaaaalllyy want to mount it on my 18" upper. another reason i dont mind the price so much.
>>
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_21/238534_37mm-and-40mm-Launcher-FAQ.html

Im going off of this because its the best i got.
>>
(Aren’t regulated as firearms, but is illegal to use HE/Shot/Baton or any other antipersonnel munitions without registration as a Destructive Device) oh well fuck that. no 37mm for me.
>>
>>33289694
I do know that among the fun things in that 'leaked' ATF whitepaper a while back they suggested changing how stuff like 40mm shells are registered with the ATF. Possibly they would be tagged in lots or something which means you might have to buy a crate of 40mm but at least it wouldn't be a buttload of tax stamps.
>>33289763
If you're looking for a rail mounted 37mm launcher I believe Spike's Tactical makes or made one called the Havoc, fairly clean looking rig overall.
>>
>>33289763

37mm and 40mm are the same thing, only if you try to fire a 40mm through a 37 launcher it will blow up in your face. Likewise there were 26.5mm explosive rounds for WW2-era launchers but most post-war launchers are too light to fire them.

In any case there are reloadable shells for the 37mm so you can roll your own.
>>
>>33289935
that would be really fucking nice. i would build an explosives magazine for that. in half a heartbeat. >>33289946
how are they the same. are they not actually 3mm off? and the whole idea of not being able to legally subcal it down to whatever i want because of the whole i would have to register it as a DD basically rules out the 37mm launcher for me. im good with spending the money on a 40mm. and you can reload the 40mm to. ive seen kits to do it. and the chalk round projectiles for sale. im really just wondering why you dont see more 40mm around. 2200 bucks is not that bad for what you're getting.
>>
13 states can not possess DD unless transfer official LE/Military use, a few states where DD must be on a approved/collector list, local storage hassle of rounds (just mastered magazine vs clip? Now you are into magazine vs Magazine!). More whims of the ATF. Read about 40mm flares and chalk rounds registration Obama moves.
>>
Make that 4 no large bore DD states 13 no explosive DD states. Sorry.
>>
oh well fuck. im in GA. ill need to look into that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.