[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scope advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 51hHKacPBfL._SL1500_.jpg (64KB, 1000x608px) Image search: [Google]
51hHKacPBfL._SL1500_.jpg
64KB, 1000x608px
Hello, I'd like to get this scope for a .22LR autoloader. I like the shape and compactness of the scope, so virtually I'm not looking for any other alternative, just THIS scope.

What do you think? Any experience? Thanks. UTG 3-9X32 bug buster.
>>
Should work fine for a .22... But you will catch non-stop shit for buying airshit grade potmetal.
>>
>>33287561
all of this. i dont think too many people will care though, 22 rifles are mostly seen as fun toys and usually arent taken as seriously
>>
>>33287581
>>33287561

why do you care what people think about your guns i dont care unless its chopping up something historic

>>33287530

scope is fine
>>
>>33287530
ive got that scope its adequate for use on a 22lr but i dont like it enough to buy another one.
the rings it comes with are crap
>>
>>33287530
There are like scopes in style for a few hundred shekles. But if you want it, get it. Just don't think its a serious scope.
>>
OP here, little shitter would be used on a Marlin 60 so rings will be changed because of the dovetail. As long as it will hold zero on a .22 I'll be good. Hope it will.
>>
>>33287700
it will hold zero on a 22. the glass itself is fine for that price range. nothing special but not garbage just adequate. those rings are garbage. they dont hold a repeatable zero if you try to use the quick detach and the metal in them is weak as fuck and they will permanently deform iof over tightened so it looses tension. not to mention they arent uniform either.
since you are going to use different rings its a non issue.
>>
My 223 came with one of these and its been fine for the past 2 years and maybe 2000 rounds
>>
File: 20151125_181354.jpg (994KB, 1548x2064px) Image search: [Google]
20151125_181354.jpg
994KB, 1548x2064px
Ok everyone; thanks for your input.
Will buy soon then. It'll be cheap and cheerful.
>>
>>33287561
.22 is the only acceptable caliber you can put UTG/Barska-tier shit on. Anything else and you can enjoy your wandering zero and outright breakage.
>>
>>33287530
I know you aren't shopping for alternatives, but I've had terrific luck with two Simmons .22mag scopes. Got one on a 93 and one on a mkii.
>>
>>33287530
You absolute madman, you'll need a night force to handle the destructive power of .22lr.
>>
>>33291041
Yes you see, I like that particular model because is so compact and has an advertised focus down to 3 yards or so.

Already have a scope for the Marlin, see >>33291003 but I'm just buying that one for the compactness and overall appearance.

Scopes can be really big anyway. I got a Mueller APV on my CZ 452 and it's a very big scope for my liking. It does a great job ok, but it's big anyway.
>>
>>33291072

Heh. You remind me of something. on my CZ452 I've installed some time ago these Warne 7.22 rings, because the minimal look of them; used with a small(ish) 3-9x32 scope.
One day, a short while after installation, i noticed a small wobble during cleaning and one of those extremely tiny screws head broke.

I had a difficult time removing the threaded stud from the hole because I also always use a mild thread locker to avoid loosening.

Mailed warne, they sent me for free a lot of those small screws (I'm in the EU so no metric screws available easily). Reinstalled everything, good to go.

Another damn screw broke later on; this time it broke flush to the screw hole so no hope to extract the broke stud.

Mailed warne again; they said that these rings are tested even with BIG CALIBER guns no issue; they offered me a replacement but i didn't accept: i could not trust a ring held by 2 screws a tad bigger than skewer picks.

TL;DR: sometimes brand and steel doesn't mean shit if there is not material to actually do the work.
>>
>>33291124
Funnily enough, my CZ455 likes to work the scope loose, oddly it keeps zero even when the scope is loose.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.