[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /k/ opinion on ex military wearing some of their gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 269
Thread images: 52

File: IMG_4399.jpg (194KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4399.jpg
194KB, 750x1000px
What is /k/ opinion on ex military wearing some of their gear in public?

Friend got blasted by a so-called 11B 101st airborne for wearing his cold weather jacket in public. Guy said something along the lines of his brothers died in that uniform and hes disgracing it and he was out of regulation.

But my friend did his time and served in the army...so Im just asking who was in the right?
>>
>>33284943
They're both faggots.
>>
>>33284943
>he was out of regulation.
What was that 101st faggot going to do? Report your friend to his 1st Sergeant for being out of regs?

Any chode that cares that fucking much about uniform regs hasn't seen shit for combat.
>>
>>33284943
Most people at this point realize that M85 is an outdated as fuck pattern, and I live in a hick enough part of the world for no one to care when I where my M65 in public. I just look kind of homeless, and I'm fine with that.
>>
>>33284960
My friend has been discharged since 2012, has his dd214 and all that. My understanding is that you had to be out of regulation when your discharged
>>
>>33284943

Was that dude who dissed your friend a boot? Because he sounded like a boot.
>>
>>33284960
Vets arent subject to ucmj.

they really need to change the 101worst tab to air assault. legs aint on jump status
>>
>>33284943
It's your clothes you can wear them when you want.

I used to use my issued desert boots all the time while doing my old delivery job, it would be a secret hint for anyone in the know for a conversation starter.

I wear my regimental t-shirts all the time.

Nothing wrong with it, as long as you're not kitted out in full uniform like a twat.
>>
>>33284972
My point. What was the dude going to do then, exactly? Get your friend put on extra duty by his non existent 1st Sergeant? Have him get an Article 15 from his non existent chain of command?

Moto'tards are a cancer as bad as stolen velour faggots.
>>
>>33284976
That's my point, room temp IQ reader. When a faggot is screaming about being "out of regulations" just admit it is try and tell him to go report the violation to somebody who cares (because there is nobody who cares).
>>
>>33284943
There's fucking nothing wrong with wearing your gear in public so long as you're not being a fucking flying faggot about it, or getting some sort of benefit from it.

Using someone's BDU's to get free food at greasy macs? Not okay.

Using someone's BDU's because they've got good air flow and are comfy? Totally okay.

Anything else is fucking autism. I've never understood the "MUH BROTHURRS DIED IN DIS" mentality when the dude is just jerking off on his porch or some shit. Especially when the answer to why they're wearing it is, "It's comfy," or "It won't fall apart on me."
>>
>>33284943
I was an 11b and I wear my BDU field jacket around. I'd probably laugh to high heavens if an active military person tried to check me on it. Then I'd call his CO/1sg/Battalion Commander and report that one of their soldiers is hassling people outside of post, and embarrassing his unit
>>
>>33284943
No ranks and insignas = not an uniform.
It means it's 100% lawful.
It means mister 11B can go choke on a dick.
>>
File: 1486723406074.jpg (77KB, 640x887px) Image search: [Google]
1486723406074.jpg
77KB, 640x887px
>>33285001
>>
>>33284943
Don't alot of people die wearing alot of different things? It's like if a gang member told me to take off my dodgers jacket because his homie died in one. It's just clothes desu
>>
>>33285024
Even with insignias it ain't shit. Wearing shit with old ranks or unit patches still isn't "muh stolen valor" unless somebody is actively trying to defraud material benefits from it.

Socially it's only non-okay when somebody is saying or heavily implying some shit.

Somebody walking around in milsurp jacket with a unit patch still on it wouldn't even raise an eye brow from me. Some hard charger running over to get in their face is about 10000000% more embarrassing to the image of the military.
>>
File: winning_smile.jpg (100KB, 769x789px) Image search: [Google]
winning_smile.jpg
100KB, 769x789px
>>33285062
>wear patched jungle jacket
>no one cared
>>
>>33285005
I understand the sentiment (muh bruthas died) only if it's an obnoxiously fat fuck who's trying to get free shit having never served.

It's already recognized in the .mil community that wearing your uniform off duty is cringy. Exception being field jackets being used for yard work, wearing your old uniforms to paint, shit like that.
>>
>>33284974
This, or CSM that forgot to turn off his butt-hurt upon leaving post.
>>
>>33284943
Inactive Ready Reserve is not subject to UCMJ, he can get fucked. "Get a life, loser" would be appropriate.
>>
>>33284943
Your friend is fine the motard needs to get the stick out of his ass
>>
>>33285062
It's still false personation, anon. You're posing as a representant of the federal government.
They're not gonna care most of the time, but it's nonetheless illegal.
>>
File: DSCN5853 (1)-300x300.jpg (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5853 (1)-300x300.jpg
43KB, 300x300px
>>33284943
nobody cares, I see plenty of Vets who wear Surplus, because it's cheap, issued, and works. They earned it. Everyone else can fuck off
>>
>>33285177
>It's still false personation, anon.

United States v. Alvarez basically makes it a fucking uphill battle if you want to make that case. Unless somebody is actively seeking to defraud, it ain't shit.
>>
Op here, just to clarify my my friend is already out and has been for a few years.

Mr motard as /k/ refers him too came up behind us and asked if he served and what his mos was. Friend stated when he was in, where and his mos. Then there was a brief pause for the motard before he started attacking. He did have the US Army emblem and the flag on his jacket if that what the retard was talking about.
>>
>>33284943
I mean I wear my waffles if its cold as shit.
>>
>muh stolen valor!

I joined the Marines to do Marine things not prance around in the uniform asking for people to thank me. If people wanna be dumb with uniform items and they arn't in (and thus held to the UCMJ) then fuck it let em wear what they want. Thats the fucking point of a free country.

>the Miniluv must torture the military impersonators!
>>
>>33284943
digital camo looks like such shit, like a dog ate it then shit it out then ate it again then vomited it out

this style glorious aesthetic camo will never be topped
>>
This thread is exactly why all my milsurp is from outside the US. Way too much autism surrounds milsurp on both sides.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 587x606px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 587x606px
Wear Vietnam Camo pants. Gook comes up to me and says Fuck You GI!
>>
>>33285020
This. First thing I'd ask him after I stopped laughing is for his superiors information. If he doesn't give it call him out for stolen valor until he leaves like the faggot he is.
>>
File: cc3.png (821KB, 865x807px) Image search: [Google]
cc3.png
821KB, 865x807px
>I fought for your freedom!
>you aren't allowed to wear those clothes!
>>
>>33284943
I still wear my Navy peacoat.
>>
>>33284943
I wear my marshmallow jacket with no patches all the time. If its really cold I'll even throw on my waffle top. Keeep my parka in my trunk in case of rain too
Though I'm guard and we generally don't give a fuck about that shit
>>
File: 1487883667799.jpg (67KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
1487883667799.jpg
67KB, 720x715px
>>33284943
>his brothers died in that uniform and hes disgracing it and he was out of regulation.

I would have clocked that attentionwhoring piece of shit.
>>
>>33285062
My gf has 2 m65 woodland jackets with patches on em from goodwill. No one gives a shit most people don't care some think she's homeless.
>>
>>33285458
Just sounds like the puking buzzard was looking for a fight with a civilian. When he found out your friend served (and could get him in trouble with his unit) he backed off.

Hell, if I could still fit into my 30 year old m65, I'd still wear it, patches and all. Those are some damn comfy coats.
>>
>>33287736
No you wouldn't have, faggot.
>>
>>33284943
Wearing your issued gear can be kind of cringey. I wouldn't chew somebody out for being out of regs, but I might make fun of them a bit.

Especially if it's UCP pattern, shit doesn't go with anything.

Beyond that nobody cares and the 101st airborne guy sounds like a fag. Ask him how many combat deployments he's been on and be on your way as you watch him sputter.

But seriously don't wear ACU shit, it's gay man.
>>
>>33287701
Did my first drill with the Guard after Marine tampons. In garison everyone is hands in pockets. I feel like such a black sheep...
>>
>>33287993
Yeah when I joined my 1st guard unit I made the mistake of calling someone sir and they pretended to chew me out
Also I was accidentally marching and was told to stop making everyone so uncomfortable
>>
>>33288006
I keep calling SSgts SSgt (and sfc) instead of just Sgt which gets me some shit. Also going to parade rest for them the instantly being told to stop.
>>
File: 1395568906132.jpg (10KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
1395568906132.jpg
10KB, 275x200px
>>33284943
milsurp is fugging comfortable, has good air flow while also being warm. What's wrong with me wearing it?
>>
>>33288036
>Also going to parade rest for them the instantly being told to stop.
haha fuck I remember when I used to that and get puzzled looks
Especially since I'm maintenance its a no go now
>>
I'm career army and I dont give a shit. as long as its not liberals pooping on an actual uniform who cares. I do notice the weird types that wear camo but never served because their laces are always hanging out. that kinda annoys me but whatever.
>>
>>33287993
I know the opposite feel
>have to interact with big army after while being SOF
>HOOAH ANON STOP LEANING AGAINST THAT WALL WITH YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKET
>stop
>wait until they go away
>do it again
>ANON WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DISRESPECTING 1SG BY PUTTING YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKET?
>that was a 1SG?
>Sheit
>>
>>33284943
This whole you cant wear this uniform just shows how autismo people in the army are. They sell the shit in surplus stores faggot, you're not special.
>>
>>33288038
The fact that you've never served let alone touched a gun IRL, and are part of the cancerous subculture killing /k/?
>>
>>33284951
Fpbp
>>
>>33288124
Have you served?
>>
>>33288052
Yea 91E (91W atm) here. It's pretty much tabboo lol
>>
>>33288148
I've done more for Nation and People than you surplusshits considering I don't support cancer meme cash grabs contributing to our trade imbalance by importing junk from globalists that hate us to sell back to Americans for ridiculous markups.
>>
>>33284951
This
>>
>>33284943
if youre near campbell ill walk around with yall, i was stationed there.

this should be fun.
>>
>>33288258
Not that guy, but that sounds like a "no".
>>
>>33287538
i fought for your freedom and i say wear whatever the fuck you want.

hell i sent some anon in cali some of my old uniforms, just with my name and rank off of them.

this kind of gayness usually comes from hurrr hurr combat MOS fags. they call civilian veterans pogs still....its super annoying.
>>
>>33285177
>that dimwit that thinks he is smart
dude, if that were the case strippers would be arrested for wearing cop uniforms or buying army man gear online

it isn't crossing the line unless you try to get a benefit from said uniform ie stolen valor
>>
>>33288258
Thank you for your service, Private POG.
>>
>>33288124
Calm down friendo all I did was state that I liked wearing other countries milsurp. I mean someone tell me that ACU and other digital camo's look good aesthetically. I don't want to wear my ugly shit when there's $10 flecktarn jackets on the market
>>
You have to have on a specific number of uniform items before it's considered "being in uniform" and hence out of regs. I saw a guy in the airport with his issued pants and blouse top on but unbottomed, jordons and gold chains completed the ghetto army ensemble. Cringy as fuck, but not against any regs.
>>
>>33284943

Your friend was right. StolenValor blowhards are so cringe.
>>
>>33288073
kek

i got pulled inside of an artillery batallions headquarters because i was outside mowing and the nco stepped out and

>nco "HEY PRIIIAT *mumbled garbage over the sound of a legion of lawn mowers*"
>me "UHHH WHAT SGT?"
>nco "GET THE FUCK IN HERE RIGHT NOW GOD DANMIT MGMMGMHGJHAdhaiohdfoiuahdoawhdoahdoiawhdoa!!!!!"
>go inside
>two different ssg start asking me a million questions
>"oh thats how you answer an nco?"
>"oh thats how you fucking stand at parade rest?"
>some E-7 in their office leans out
>"hey private, youre aviation arnt you"
>my aviation battalion was right next door
>"yes, sgt."
>E-7 "hey guys let him go your going to kill him"
>he brings me some water
>"oh thank you sgt but i have water ill be-"
>"private drink the fucking water"
>"roger sgt"
>"private stay away from artillery, they can smell your kind"

i went back to my company later that day and asked my plt sgt why artillery are such dick wads, he just laughed and laughed and laughed and said something about faggot ass cannon humpers.
>>
If any dude that got out really wants to wear his cammies when he is free to wear anything else, that dude is fucking crazy. The boots are cool, a lot of guys wear boots, no big deal. Got a workout shirt from in service? Go ahead, represent your branch. But who in their right fucking mind would wear BDUs when they go out to the mall or to a restaurant? Keep that shit at home, only use them if there's a good reason to put them to use.

It drives me crazy when I see guys walking around in fucking ARPAT jackets with their gay little velcro patches as if anyone gives a fuck enough that you're representing ISAF or that you're a terminal lance. I enlisted, just like you did, but I took my first shot at civilian life and never looked back. If you're so keen on dressing the part, why the fuck didn't you re-up and go play soldier in Trashcanistan? Fuck I'm mad
>>
File: Nobody_Loves_a_Sergeant.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Nobody_Loves_a_Sergeant.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>33288258
Thank you!
>>
>>33288327

The outfits that strippers wear are not exact duplicates of the outfits that cops wear.
>>
>>33288418
so you've been "up close" to those wearing them
>>
File: 1481831563141.jpg (93KB, 960x622px) Image search: [Google]
1481831563141.jpg
93KB, 960x622px
>>33288258
You, I've seen your shitposting before
>>
>>33285026
>being this much of a cuck that you downloaded this picture at some point in your lifespan
>>
>>33288258
That sounds like an attempt to say "no", without actually coming out and saying it. Thank you for your cervix
>>
>>33288394
I'm not military, but I always see this dude wearing tan combat boots at the gym

Douche always hogs one squat rack for an hour doing Rip routine garbage. How can you even squat with no ankle movement.

Whatever
>>
>>33288452
Don't assume that he's military either, some "men" like to wear boots because it makes them feel tough or adds a couple of inches to raise them up to par with the rest of us.
>>
>>33288429

Yes.
>>
>>33288473
What is it with you welfare queens giving a fuck over someone wearing what they want? These threads are shitting up this board with your sperglord whining.
>>
>>33288473
Yeah but why the combat boots? Literally bare feet are better for squatting.

Did you guys wear boots in the gym when you were in the service?
>>
I was at a bar and some completely wasted hawaiian started screaming at a younger man who showed up in a military surplus jacket. He wouldn't shut up about 'my brothers died wearing that', and 'I had my buddy bleed out in my arms.' blah blah blah.

Then he pushed the poor guy over and kept screaming. What a fucking mess that dude was. I just kinda stood there watching it. Didn't want to get involved.
>>
>>33288507
You're free to wear whatever you want, and I'm free to judge you for wearing whatever you want.

>>33288513
No, absolutely nobody ever wore boots if they didn't have to, especially in the gym. We learned pretty quickly that training for cardio is incredibly important, and so every guy that had the cash spent his first or second paycheck on really nice running shoes. It took 4 years to run mine into the dirt, but they sure as shit lasted and saved my feet a lot of trouble. Of course, when we had to train in full gear we were forced to wear the boots but our feet weren't beat to shit before so it wasn't as miserable as it could have been
>>
>>33288314
A pog is as much of a military member as a janitor is part of the college staff. I respect what the janitor does but I don't think hes a professor. The problem with you pogs is that you think you were the professors. You go around acting like you did shit when you were in to get the attention. Stolen valor the way I see it.

>is anyone here a vet or have you served?
>pog hands immediately skyrocket towards the ceiling. Talks about how hes done deployments over seas all the while making it sound like some tuff time.
>talk to him later, some mechanic pog who sat on a an airbase 10X the size of the campus which required buses to get around.
>thank you for you cervix.
>>
>>33287195
kys
>>
>>33288531
>bought a comfy non-milsurp field jacket from Old Navy
>wondering now if some military autist is going to yell "stolen valor civvie" while I'm eating at a restaurant
These people truly are insufferable.
>>
>>33288553
thank you for your cervix
>>
>>33288604
fuck you too hahaha
>>
>>33288553
Ah so it's confirmed he's a fag then
>>
>>33288386
Dude, I was waiting to receive my dd214 in clarkhall when a fucking drill sergeant comes up to me and asks me why I have my hands in my pocket and why I'm not at parade rest. literally 5 seconds later the cute civie gives my my papers and I tell ol kill hat to eat shit. Happiest day in my life, walking outta ft drum with some angry fucking DS screaming at me while I casually walked out.
>>
>>33288553
Feel free to judge me silently, and to yourself.
>>
File: 1485550052105.jpg (148KB, 634x883px) Image search: [Google]
1485550052105.jpg
148KB, 634x883px
>>33288622
Right back at ya. As long as someone removes/unstitches any rank, unit patches, rank, or branch tags, there's nothing to get angry about.
>>
>>33288513
We had a gym in our company area and right after work, all the swolehards would begin pt wearing boots and utes.
>>
>>33288418
I thought ass-less chaps were standard issue for policemen?
>>
File: 1401788406071.jpg (146KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1401788406071.jpg
146KB, 640x960px
>>
>>33288556
hahahahaha you wouldent be alive if it werent for "pogs".

>11b detected

ive never used my veteran status for gain, or acted like anything i did was UBERSUPER133TOPERATOR stuff, i say exactly what happened and dont exaggerate.

stay mad. my mos netted me a 120k contract over seas.

>>33288685
lmfao

>be me
>walk out with dd214 in hand
>officers pass me
>all look at me to salute
>i start taking off my uniform while walking
>shit eating grin the whole time
>just holding up my papers

i blasted music all the way off post, twas a great day, laughing and singing all the way home.
>>
>>33288921
lmfao when i see people wearing PT's i just assume they are poor.
>>
>>33288934
Sadly, most vets are poor.
>>
>>33288958
>mostly combat mos vets are poor
ftfy
>>
>>33289039
>anally aggrieved POG detected
Let's be honest you lucked into your contract job and had about as much a chance of being poor as an infantry guy.

t. commo nerd
>>
File: Finland Police.jpg (60KB, 223x515px) Image search: [Google]
Finland Police.jpg
60KB, 223x515px
>>33285178
Currently wearing some issued Danners bricks (Rat steel toe) to my forklift job, wish I would have gotten another for motherfucking free.

Holy shit these didn't even need a break-in period.
>>
>>33289039
look, I know you're butthurt about being exposed for what you are, a civilian wearing our uniform pretending to play solider but you need to stop overplaying your hand. How are you proud to have been a POG. Why should you get any resepect from anyone? Because society says its a respectable job. The thing is civilians think of combat arms, not pogs when they give out respect. Stop being naive, no body cares about some papers you stapled while wearing our uniform. Teachers, janitors, police officers, firefighters, and just about anyone else in society contributes more than you did in your comfy desk job masquerading as a solider. No one cares you were too pussy to fight and instead chose to join to gain benefits and get respect while riding in your wake. This is why most combat arms don't respect you. You just don't deserve it. Sorry but its just how it is..
>>
>>33284976

hey man, i was in the 506th (i was born in clarksville)

we're not all that bad

mostly
>>
File: Multicam.jpg (663KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
Multicam.jpg
663KB, 1000x1414px
>>33284978

this desu
>>
>>33287966

I wear ACU with my work jeans, they've gone really pale from all the shit i've done in them, so it kinda actually matches, somehow
>>
>>33289076
nope im aviation, i pruposfully got an MOS that i knew i could make money on later, i waited for a good one.

>>33289133
TLDR

stay ass mad grunt.

FEED ME (YOU)s!!!!
>>
File: medium-ruck-side.jpg (131KB, 1024x721px) Image search: [Google]
medium-ruck-side.jpg
131KB, 1024x721px
No fucks given, even with Stolen Valor. Personally don't like to use actual patterned gear outside of my assault ruck. Doesn't come off as overtly as "YOU'RE WELCOME FOR MUH SERVICE" seeing how tons of other people sport patterned packs.
>>
>>33289447
same
>>
>>33289447
How much bigger and heavier than the MOLLE assault pack is that thing...? And how comfy is the frame? I have the salt pack and I love it.
>>
>>33289551
its not much more heavy, the frame is nice. its a medium ruck sack btw.

it would take one over a regular assault pack any day.
>>
>>33289551
oh wait sorry, disregard >>33289572.

ask one of our resident 11B madfags, they carried it a lot more than i did. lmfao after all im just a "POG" hahahaha
>>
>>33289572
>the frame is nice
That's good. I had a surplus ALICE frame when I was in the Boy Scouts and I fucking hated it.
>>
>>33289584
alice is cancer...
>>
>>33289331
The ACU has become one with the spirit of the Canadian Tuxedo
>>
>>33289594
kek'ed
>>
>>33288927
>Last "job" while checking out included writing the messages for the base sign
>Last day sneak in while everyone else is at lunch and change the sign to say abandon all hope all ye who enter here
>Laugh while giving the one fingered salute to everyone as I drive off base

10/10 would reenlist just so I could do that again
>>
File: Gay-army[1].jpg (82KB, 600x943px) Image search: [Google]
Gay-army[1].jpg
82KB, 600x943px
>>33288418
That's not always true. Look at the Spanish foreign legion.

>>33288553
>Running with the same shoes for 4 years.
We see all kinds of faggotry in this thread.
>>
>>33284943
Sounds like a massive faggot, unless someone is impersonating a soldier for gain no one should give a fuck.
>>
>>33285177
False, you can dress up as a police officer but long as you don't claim you are a police officer its not illegal.
>>
>>33285178
I wear surplus because it works, eat a dick loser.
>>
>>33289133
What kinds of crayons are they issuing these days?
>>
>>33289954
Yes. What part of "rank and insignas" is hard to understand?
>>
File: s-l640.jpg (108KB, 640x563px) Image search: [Google]
s-l640.jpg
108KB, 640x563px
So I run the chance of getting yelled at by some Nam vet because I'm wearing pic related with jeans and sneakers or something? I just think tiger stripe camo looks bad ass. It wouldn't have name tags on it or anything.
>>
>>33285005
Hell my dad was stationed up in grand forks before I was born. Nowadays all his gear is long outdated but is honestly some of the highest quality shit I own. Wool undershirts to longjohns, shit is just comfy. The stuff with the camo on it is sorta overrated, besides the snowpants they issued. Even use his old E-tool and rusacks when Im out camping.

Point is, there is a difference between the majority of those you see in public using milsurp BUDs for practical reasons, and the special snowflakes who do it for the attention.
>>
File: 1470487083210.jpg (77KB, 384x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470487083210.jpg
77KB, 384x480px
>>33285177
It's not impersonation to wear old clothes. How the fuck did we even get to the level of stupidity in this culture that kids can think this is plausible? Have you ever heard of the fucking surplus store?

>>33285205
>United States v. Alvarez

Anon knows what's up.
>>
>>33290085
No, nam vets have real problems to worry about, it's millennials that are constantly trying to find some reason to be offended.
>>
>>33290115
>nam vets have real problems to worry about
Fair enough. I'm in my 20's so I guess I'm in that age where I could've served, obviously not in Vietnam but still wasn't trying to piss off any vets unintentionally.
>>
File: 61IE97LRhtL.jpg (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61IE97LRhtL.jpg
91KB, 500x500px
>>33287195
WRONG
>>
>>33290132
>Wearing bathroom floor tile with paint splotch pattern on a coat

Kids these days I swear
>>
>>33289133
How's that drinking problem and PTSD going?
>>
File: IMG_5082.jpg (80KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5082.jpg
80KB, 612x408px
>>33289133
Tank crewing is technically POG, but involves doing hardcore shit outside the wire.
>>
I wear my Army Thermals and Norgies all the time, as well as Regimental T-Shirts, No MTP gear though as mixed dress is a no-no in our unit

Also you'd look like a bit of a dickhead wearing a camoflauged smock around

To be fair, you could wear DPM stuff because it's no longer issued kit so you just look like a hobo in surplus
>>
So you're telling me you don't always wear Flecktarn with virginity patches on it?
>>
>>33284943
>Brothers died in that umiform and hes disgracing it
Tell him his friends who died were stupid faggots who had it coming whether they wear a potatoe sack or multicam
>>
>>33287249
german milsurp is really good on a comfort/durability level.
>>
>>33284943
>his brothers died in that uniform

Well it certainly cleaned up pretty good.

Idk m8, I'm a combat vet and I find most chest-beating vets to be cringy as fuck. Most of them really haven't done shit but they wear the efforts of the branch like a personal glory. I'll wear my assault ruck when I need to carry shit but it wasn't issued gear in the first place, I may wear my PC or boonie when out hiking. Throw a PT belt on my ruck when out walking after dark in winter. Might even throw on the cold weather coat in winter occasionally but my civy clothes are mostly better anyway. Give me shit about it, I dare you. I know what I did and where I went, you don't.
>>
>>33284976
>the 101worst tab to air assault. legs aint on jump status
Idk about the 101st, but in the 82nd "hooah" was considered sarcastic and would get your ass smoked if you said to in response to a superior
>>
Tbh, I were a Danish M84 camo coast around and don't feel bad about it. On a scale of 1-10 how autistic am I?
>>
>>33290426

4chan/10
>>
>>33290405
Indeed.

I wouldnt personally do it, because the ACU pattern is unbearably ugly, but that superfly ECW level III jacket (the soft shell without a hood) had a great design id wear in a heartbeat if i could find it in another pattern.

The only people ive seen lose their nut over wearing military gear in civvies were over-the-top rotc cadets.
>>
File: 20160821_164512.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160821_164512.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>33290499
Now see, I like the ACU/UCP camo, just not if I was actually trying to be concealed. I think that's what makes it fine to wear out for me. It's more like urban wear than actual military equipment.
>>
I find it ironic that these milfags get pissy when someone wears surplus gear but they wear keffiyehs and shemaghs and mock arabs (that they call sandniggers) and sjws for "hurr durr cultural appropriation". Wear whatever the fuck you want as long as you aren't impersonating anyone purposefully and show respect to the roots of the garment. Plus your friend served his time, he has a right to wear his gear.
>>
>>33290572
I have a keffiyah I got in Iraq. They're fucking useful for all kinds of stuff, even urban wear if you're rocking a hipster look. I can't bring myself to wear it, tho, even in winter when a neck wrap would be really helpful. It just feels too cringy.
>>
>>33290111
read >>33285024
I swear you people have reading problems.
rank & insignias = uniform > impersonation
military award (like in Alvarez) ≠ uniform > not impersonation.
military clothes without insignia ≠ uniform > not impersonation.

The stolen valor act is about decorations.
Impersonation of a federal agent (like a member of the US armed forces) falls under the US code, title 18, §912
You don't break that law by pretending to be a former member of the armed forces, btw.

You can reasonably think that someone showing you a police badge is a cop.
You're a retard if you think someone showing you a police purple heart and nothing else has any kind of legal authority.
>>
>>33290593
Wear it man you shouldn't give a fuck what others think just don't be a disrespectful asshole. If someone gives you shit you either ignore their existence or tell them to fuck off. I wear mine all the time, and I think it looks good.
>>
>>33290623
I have seen SJWs giving hipsters shit about shemags and keffiyahs. Muh cultural appropriation, respek Islam, blah, blah. It's funny because I bought mine from some haj dirt merchant in a shitty souk east of Baghdad and he didn't give two shits. The keffiyah isn't some sacred religious icon. It's a fucking multipurpose scarf
>>
>>33290675
I'm Arab, I really dont give a fuck. Just dont wear a pink one with my little ponies (although I can tolerate it) and avoid certain patterns as they have political connotations (like the black and white checkered ones). Personally I like the look of those tan and olive keffiyehs that tacticool operatuhs wear.
>>
>>33290685
Oh and personally, being respectful to other people and their cultures should be a given. But a garment is a fucking garment, I care more about how people behave not what they wear.
>>
>>33284976
>>33284976
My father in law had a lot of fun stories about his interactions with the Always Anal boys out of the 82nd
>>
>>33288258
>I am the Ghost Of Navy SEAL Post Past!
>>
>>33288258
Muchos gracias por vos cerveza hombre
>>
File: dwigt.jpg (157KB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
dwigt.jpg
157KB, 500x746px
>>33289447
Sometimes it doesn't have anything to do with stolen valour...
>>
>>33290685
what does black and white checks mean? What else is political/whatever?
>>
>>33284943
I only wear foreign camos so even if some retard came up and claimed stolen valor I could prove he is either mentally deficient or attention whoring.
>>
File: 1948407097.png (773KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1948407097.png
773KB, 1000x563px
>>33284943
I have bags filled with old BDUs and cold-weather gear from the Air Force.

Sometimes I'll wear the camo goretex jacket when fishing, but that's it. I keep everything else hanging in my closet. It's a big walk-in type, so there's plenty of room.
>>
>>33291230
I also wear my goretex wind jacket. I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks that's one of the best pieces of issued gear.
>>
>>33284943
There's nothing wrong with it. If some autistic starts sperging out, tell them to fuck off and take their meds.
>>
>>33290617
>I swear you people have reading problems.
Seems like you have the reading problems. My post was a response to the post I linked, and makes sense there. Why do you want to pretend I was replying to someone else that wasn't being stupid instead of the guy I linked who was being stupid?

>>33290617
>rank & insignias = uniform > impersonation

Nope, incorrect. Simply wearing the uniform does not mean you're impersonating anyone. I can show up in full uniform, medals, patches, the whole gig, I'm not impersonating anyone.

You come up to me and ask me why I'm wearing that uniform. I tell you 'we're shooting a movie' or 'costume party tonight' or even 'just wanted to see if the old uniform fit' or ANY OTHER ANSWER that doesn't say or imply that I'm actually an active duty Admiral or whatever and I'm fine. I'm impersonating no one.

In other words, it's only impersonation if there is *intent* to deceive. And impersonation is normally only actionable if there's intent to defraud, in fact.

>>33290617
>The stolen valor act is about decorations.

"The law made it a federal misdemeanor to falsely represent oneself as having received any U.S. military decoration or medal."

Or purported to, rather. As legislation struck down for violating the Constitution, it was never actually in force and always null and void.

But even on it's own terms it didn't prohibit wearing "rank and insignias" as you assert, only claiming to have been awarded "decorations and medals" - that is even if it stood, wearing the medal would not be illegal, only claiming (falsely) that it was awarded to you would have been.

>>33290617
>Impersonation of a federal agent (like a member of the US armed forces) falls under the US code, title 18, §912
>You don't break that law by pretending to be a former member of the armed forces, btw.
That's true. Note again that to violate it requires intent to deceive, it takes a lot more than just putting on a uniform and walking outside to violate it.
>>
>>33291037
>>33291037
It is supposed to represent the Palestinian cause, Fatah and the PLO militiamen used to wear it.
>>
i think some vets wear their gear to elicit response's from fellow vets who probably won't notice otherwise.
>>
>>33284943
Camouflage in public is sperg as hell.
>>
>>33284943
>be wearing jungle od boonie hat
>uncle used to operate inna Nam. Gave me his ka bar, his bayo, and his faithful hat
>no insignias or anything like that, just beat up and faded
>dude in mid 60's/50's saunters up to me as I wait for my wife to walk out of a store
>asks me "Son do you know who used to wear that kinda hat?"
>"Infantry men in Vietnam most likely. My uncle Gave me this one and that's where he got his"
>"hehe yep, that's right son. Just wonderin if ya knew. Have a good day buddy"

And everything went better than expected. That said I wear my jungle/black bdu pants all the time. And when its cold I even wear my od green soft shell with retarded patches on it. Not like I give a fuck about some strangers opinion about me or what I wear.
>>
>>33284943
Is that the guy cuz hes wearing marine trousers and army digital wet weather top. Is he doing it to annoy people? Because apparently its working.
>>
Lol if the dude is out he could wear whatever the fuck he wants. When I get out in like five fucking years I'll wear my fucking blouse and 8 point with cargo shorts if I wanted to (I would never want to)
>>
>>33285024
this, maybe its different in other branches but navy regs basically say any of our Personal Gear Issue that doesn't have our names/insignia on it can be used in civvies. (like parkas. command ball caps, assault pack, tent etc.)
>>
File: fuk ISUS.png (274KB, 806x908px) Image search: [Google]
fuk ISUS.png
274KB, 806x908px
>>33288258
found the 3%er who never served
>>
no different than a UPS guy wearing his brown shorts off duty. just because your job is to kill people doesn't mean your life has to revolve around it.
>>
>>33293267
3%ers are just as bad as the HOORAH MUHREENS. Both are obnoxious in their own ways.
>>
>>33288038
No one worth a damn cares if you wear milsurp, just don't look like an idiot or try to pull some stolen valor nonsense and no one else worth a damn will care either.

t. Army vet

>>33288124
found the guy who didn't serve
>>
>>33288452
anyone who wears boots to the gym is a moron
>>
>>33289039
this is true, that's why I reclassed and went in to the Guard.
>MFW the BC shit's himself because a SSG makes more than he does
>>
File: Screenshot_238.png (92KB, 383x311px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_238.png
92KB, 383x311px
>Full beard
>Go to Cabelas for 9mm ammo and 7,92
>Give them my goodboy veteran id
>"Ha ha how do you get away with the beard in the army?"

Its gotten to the point i just say "contractor" and walk away. They dont understand you can get an id and not be active duty

>Decide to be cheeky and wear my old PC out, no rank but nametape in place
>Gray thermal top and khaki pants with boots
>Getting a super gay latte from a chocolate shop when i feel a tap on my shoulder
>Some portly shitbag with the breath that matches rotten whale farts asks me if I understood the sacrifice that people who wear that hat make
>Calls me a piece of shit pretender who "doesn't deserve to wear the honorable colors"
>Keep eye contact as i plop my veteran id down on the counter to get a dollar off my coffee
>then throw down my VA ID card
>then throw down my Tricare Prime card
>then shake my wallet so my old dogtag falls out onto the counter
>Call him a retarded pogie dumpster, gather my shit, then leave
>>
>>33284943
was in Monterey way back 90s fo ra superbike race, little skinny friend dude had copped a SEAL TEAM 5 hat on base somehow and wore it everywhere.
Were leaving a store and all of a sudden this HUGE guy rips the hat off his head and gets in skiiny guys face and says where the fuck you get this? YOu have no idea the danger you put yourself in wearing this shit and he took it and ruipped it in two in fron tof all of us and gave it back to him and siad DONT YOU DARE fix it. and suddenly like 4 huge bad hombres closed ranks and walked off down the sidewalk.
skinny guy pissed himself Im pretty sure.
>>
File: camo index.jpg (67KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
camo index.jpg
67KB, 540x405px
>>33284943
>What is /k/ opinion on ex military wearing some of their gear in public?
You look like a faggot nerd because very little of it looks good in general, but what does look good is ok to wear, I think.

I wear my NCD pants all the fuckin' time since they're just black slacks with side pockets. But the few times I've seen dudes go out to the pub in full fuckin' CADPAT, shit just look ridiculous

that said, there's a time and place even for that, I know a chick who said she wore her cadpat overcoat to go hunting. I don't know how she even got one, since she's navy, but w/e friends in supply i guess

>>33293801
stdh.txt
>>
File: Crippled.jpg (18KB, 183x262px) Image search: [Google]
Crippled.jpg
18KB, 183x262px
>>33285062

>Wear Olive Drab M65 with NCR 1st recon patch on shoulder
>Walk past recruitment station
>Recruiter stares at me every time I go past

Must've been a spy for Caesar's Legion or something.
>>
>>33293975
hah
I was wearing a Slovak windbraker once with the crest still on it and had a guy walk up and ask if it was from Attack on Titan
started saying "no it's from Slovakia" but the guy turned around and left before I got to "it's"
>>
>>33291840
Dammit anon, learn to quote and read reply chains.
>>
File: 43.jpg (27KB, 600x341px) Image search: [Google]
43.jpg
27KB, 600x341px
>>33284943
>muh battle brothers.
>muh comfy camo.

Bitching at someone because of your last job is fucking lame as shit.
Wearing camo is dorky as fuck outside of hunting/hiking, just buy a sweatshirt.

Fucking christ man. Damn.
>>
>>33284943
I wear that shit seven days a week 9 to 5, why the fuck would I ever want to wear it outside of work?

Except maybe my boots/gloves when doing anything in the yard/shed.
>>
>>33284943
>Do you know why military clothing has pockets?
In Valley Forge, General Washington ordered pockets be sewn into Continental uniforms so the soldiers could keep their hands warm.

Know who else was there and told soldiers to warm their hands in their pockets? Baron von Steuben, the father of the NCO corps.
>>
File: DSC0833.jpg (672KB, 1813x2304px) Image search: [Google]
DSC0833.jpg
672KB, 1813x2304px
I've never gotten shit for wearing surplus outside.

I used to wear camo pants, but I uh, I stopped that. Got into 5.11 Cargo pants and all that.

Pic related is the only Mil. Jacket I wear and it's because Canada can be cold as fuck.

I was going to by a pair of Canadian Cadet Combat Pants, but I might hold off on that until I'm ready to head innawoods.

TL;DR Not trying to steal valor, just trying not to freeze to death.
>>
>>33285005

>it won't fall apart on me

tell that to the crotch of any marpat cammies
>>
>>33294180
stolen valor
>>
File: GcxFk5v.png (493KB, 689x767px) Image search: [Google]
GcxFk5v.png
493KB, 689x767px
>>33294253

God fucking damn it.
>>
>>33294253
>t. pog
>>
File: 1239014555818.jpg (179KB, 985x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1239014555818.jpg
179KB, 985x1200px
>>33284943
>What is /k/ opinion on ex military wearing some of their gear in public?
As long as it's not over the top bullshit. I don't care. Was in the infantry and I wear my fleece cap on cold days or my M65 jacket if I'm feeling like it.
>Friend got blasted by a so-called 11B 101st airborne for wearing his cold weather jacket in public.
This "11B" sounds like a try-hard. Probably goes on about how much bacon he eats and jack he drinks and how badass he is.

When you're out, anyone who has a problem with you wearing your issued boots can go fuck themselves. Literally nothing they can do about it.
>>
>>33294180
immediate want i love that
>a e s t h e t i c
>>
>be Air Force
>all my issued stuff looks like trash
>boots even look retarded on their own
At least my waffle and fleece are comfy
>>
>>33294395

Not trying to shill or anything, but

http://westleysurplus.com/shop/canadian-extreme-cold-weather-parka/

I got mine for 85$ at a local surplus store. May have been overpriced but eh, it's kept me warm for quite some time.

Hood can be taken off, pockets are super large and comfy.
>>
>>33290499
>over-the-top-rotc cadets
Those fuckers are the worse. They're the ones that did JROTC all 4 years of hs, walked around like they were hot shit, applied for an academy and got denied. They're even the bane of ROTC units themselves, and are always either female or skeletor guys. They always have a shrill voice.

t. ROTC cadet
>>
>>33289447
>end up working 7eleven nightshift after finishing conscription
>someone comes in early with pic related in multicam
>could be civie but gut tells me new sergeant or in training doing the course in town
>buys monster
>99% sure
>comes up to the desk notice weird little plastic bar thing on it

Fucking knew it.
>>
>>33294517
kek, can confirm.

That and when they do become LT's if they make it, they become super fuckwits.
>>
>>33290426
It's being outphased, at least someone is gonna wear it.
>>
>>33284943
I'm an old fat half Asian Devil Dog from the 03-06 deployments.

I wear my digital rain jacket because it's goretex and at the time, that shit wasn't cheap.

As such I wear it in the rain and cold. I served and I have EGA on my flesh.

Come at me Millennial Dawgs!
>>
>>33284951

Pretty much this, but the "11B 101st" guy more so.
Wearing military surplus in public is usually not a great look, but if it doesn't even have unit/name/rank patches on then it's not stolen valor or disgracing jack shit.
>>
File: 1462079199190.jpg (126KB, 452x308px) Image search: [Google]
1462079199190.jpg
126KB, 452x308px
>>33284943
The only thing I have left that I could wear from my time in the service is my old dungarees. But I'd rather not look like a fag
>>
>>33284943
It's autism in real life. The kind of person who is so desperate to fit in to a set of social rules they don't actually understand.

>Tfw there are people who honestly think using an Alice pack or old bdu shirt is the same thing as using a pawn shop marine battle dress uniform to get free lunch at Applebee's.
>>
>>33295459
Ollie?
>>
>>33290103
Best pair of boots I own are also the cheapest I've ever bought. $40 for a 3 layer summer weight lined leather upper Goodyear welt west German combat boots from the late 80's in unissued condition.
>>
>>33288314
> I fought for your freedom

I got bad news for ya...
>>
>>33295768

Same here. Bought a pair of slightly used Canadian military boots from quite some time ago, comfy as fuck and they still haven't started to really deteriorate.
>>
>>33295874
Any modern military boot (western europe at least) should be the highest quality bit of kit produced. Once they got that surplus market you're getting a $300 pair of boots for $30-100
>>
>>33284972
When you're out, you're out. You don't have to follow any regs, be it wear and appearance of uniform or anything else. Your friend should have told them to fuck off and suck on a rolled up copy of his dd-214.
>>
>>33294203
Green weenie gotta get in somewhere.
>>
>>33288258
Thank you for not having any real plans after high school.
>>
>>33288386
>faggot ass cannon humpers
this
>>
File: HWNDU_flag_steal.png (266KB, 1563x1242px) Image search: [Google]
HWNDU_flag_steal.png
266KB, 1563x1242px
>>33288314
>civilian
>pog
hahaha, really?

>>33288556
toppest/10.

>>33288690
>>33288921
celebs are gay as aids.
>>
File: 1488618347775.jpg (2MB, 1560x2238px) Image search: [Google]
1488618347775.jpg
2MB, 1560x2238px
>>33285005
>>33285062
>>33288327
What's fucking weird is that I have had multiple cashiers try to convince me to say I was military so they could give me a discount. I think in that situation it was probably more autistic to not >hurr valor
>>
Can I wear olive drab without a vet screaming stolen valor at me?
>>
>>33301219
Wear what you want.
>>
>>33301219
Tell them it was your grandfather's.
I have my great-grandfather's serial on my arm and my grandfather's rank on my jacket and no one has ever accused me of stealing valor.
>>
File: 1478887946907.jpg (104KB, 1214x824px) Image search: [Google]
1478887946907.jpg
104KB, 1214x824px
>>33284943
Feels good not being American and stolen valor not being a thing here. I wear camo call the time and never intend on doing service.
>>
File: 1484071002386.jpg (189KB, 1419x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1484071002386.jpg
189KB, 1419x1023px
>>33301387
When you have 330m populace, even autism has a voice. Never mind that most muds are borderline retarded and they comprise a full third or better of the population.
Funny to see a Zimbabwean talking shit though.
>>
File: IMG_20160522_230655895.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160522_230655895.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>33284943

I'm at a cafe right now and I'm wearing the most /comfy/ milsurp pants. Looks to be a British color pattern, but they are supposedly Iraqi. Very /fa/. Just avoid wearing your country's current gear since it's in bad taste in many circumstances.

Honestly these pants are like lounge pants. I can't imagine a military issuing these ... Can anyone identify? Pic related (only pic I have of them)
>>
Mfw girls often compliment my alpenflage pants.
>>
>>33284943
11B is a faggot.

When I got out I put on my flight suit with all the tapes and rank removed, went to the town barber and got a mohawk. no fucks were given. Drove across the country to get "home", then salvaged the flight suit, shaved, and got a contracting gig.
>>
>>33288386
Fucking this. Arty and ADA love to fuck with aviation. Sucks that we share our BDE building with them
>>
>>33289445
Aviation here too. What contract did you land?
>>
>>33293801
Did everyone applaud and give you $100% too?
>>
>>33293267
>no step on snek
wew lad
>>
>>33290410
Dude, the entire army makes fun of someone who says hooah unironically
>>
>>33284943
I, too, have a story of massive faggotry. From me and a boot.

>be me
>be 14 at the time
>going to this HUGE church in my city
>my dad was in the airforce at the time
>old set of his ABU's
>back when ABU's werent as common among individuals who didnt sign their life away to their creepy old uncle Sam so he could analy rape them
>have a pair that i also bought at the base BX
>given a discount because they were too small for anyone on base to wear
>get them for like $12 or some shit
>anyway, be at church one night
>its youth night, so all my friends were standing around me, talking about how i got these
>just generaly being little fags
>and in walks this mother fucker
>wearing all ACU's, from his head to his boots
>literally JUST got dropped off at church STRAIGHT from basic
>i see him
>he sees me
>i smile
>he looks angry
>starts walking towards me
>gets jumped by his sisters, who had no idea he was coming
>continue to talk to friends about who knows what
>can see him visably butt hurt over me wearing these pants
>i should also mention i had on the green boots and wind breaker, with the belt and tan/green shirt
>like a fag
>im 5'11 by this point in life, so im pretty tall for a 14 yr old, or at least i thought
>this guy walks up
>he's a 5'4 manlet
>round glasses and everything
>this mofo
>shakes my hand
>"Pvt. Fuckwad, whats yours?"
>"anon, nice to mee-"
>before i can splurt out my autism, he splurts out autism thats 10x worse
>"you know those are ABU's right?"
>"uhh, yea?"
>"ok, just wondering"
>i can already tell where this is headed
>then he just leaves
>ok
>continue talking with homo friends
>after about 15 minutes, the kid comes back over
>asks to "see me over there"
>and points to underneath a staircase
>thinking "this guy is going to beat me up"
>but i tower over him
>and probably weigh 50 pounds more than him...and im 130 pounds
>so i politely oblige
>as SOON as we get over there, he starts asking me questions
Cont
>>
>>33284943
I have no problem with people wearing some milsurp (flecktarn jackets and stuff can look nice)

I don't like people wearing stuff from their own country's army unless they've served in it though
>>
>>33303082
>"whered you get those?"
>my dad
>"why are you wearing them?"
>becuz theyre comfy af
>"how old are you"
>14
>"do you know its against the law to wear-"
>i just straight up leave
>this mother fucker thinks wearing camo is against the law. What kind of person thinks that?
>clearly a boot
>he is now even more visably upset
>he begins to go off on a wild tanget about military regs and how i could be "punished for wearing those"
>turn around
>all of my friends are looking at us with half smiles, half disgust
>"o-ok"
>turn and walk back to my friends
>he just storms out
Faggot was the MOST boot person i've ever seen IN MY LIFE.

I hope that faggot died somewhere, or at least saw combat and chillled the fuck out
>>
>>33288531
With the amount of people who had their brothers bleed out in their arms you'd think the U.S lost more than just one or two thousand men in Afghanistan...
>>
>>33284978
This

Moto shirts, Unit morale shirts and shit like that are fair game I mean come on its just boys will be boys fun

Had to guard an airfield from "isis" back in 2015
>"Spring Break 2015, while you were toasted we were posted!" With cartoon of a marine in full gear sitting on a beach chair drinking a Margarita with a camel in the background

>VatoTactical shirt of a spartan helmet wearing a Sombrero

It's all in good fun baby
>>
>>33290675
My old man went to Israel for work during that brief period in the '90s when the area was chill, and he bought a couple of keffiyehs in the West Bank (a red+white and a black+white). It was just like you say, the guys selling them didn't give a fuck.

They're comfy as fuck but I don't wear them because of the political connotations and use one of the tacticool tan ones instead.
>>
File: 1488670141972.jpg (253KB, 1280x776px) Image search: [Google]
1488670141972.jpg
253KB, 1280x776px
>>33287195
ERDL is trash
>>
>>33288685
>drill sergeant comes up to me...at... ft drum.
fort drum has drill sergeants now? its been a long while since i cleared drum so i honestly don't know.
>>
>>33293267
>fighting for ZOG

no thanks
>>
>>33301219
I wear OD all the time and I've never gotten shit for it.

Actually the only awkward thing I've ever had is a few times when I've been in conversations with .mil guys and they think I served because I know what they're talking about and know the lingo, and then I have to do the "uhh no, I just have a lot of friends who did." thing. (When it's actually just that I've been on /k/ for 10+ years and read threads like this all the time.)
>>
I literally wear a green skivie shirt and brown boot socks to the gym probably 70 percent of the time
>leave base heading to friends house to pick him up and go to gym
>too lazy to pack a full set of gym clothes so usually just pack black gym shorts and Chuck Taylor's
>take off blouse trousers cover and boots? Put on shorts and sneakers
>ready in 2 minutes to go to the gym

I pretty much know everyone at my gym since I was fortunate enough to get stationed 11 minutes from my childhood home, plus lots of guys who have gotten out have stuck around in the local area and I still see them in the hehe gym and say hi. Noones ever said shit, closest was some 1st Sgt looking guy (bald head, usmc tattoos, old, mexican and thin like a gazelle) who caught me coming in after a shift at 2am. He was in the full green on green pt uniform though so we just stared at eachother then went separate ways
>>
>>33303311
I have a buddy like that he doesn't wear olive drab or anything but literally all his sisters were in different branches and married servicemen, his next door neighbor is a master guns, his across the street neighbor is a retired staff sergeant, his best friend (me) has been in for 4 years and several other friends have been in for like 1 or 2 years now. This guy knows all the lingo and whatnot too and people constantly ask if we're in the Marines and he has to tell them he just *knows a bunch of guys*

The only issue is now he's becoming pretty annoying throwing in jargon and shit when it's not necessary seemingly to act cool I guess like calling the gym PT, saying Roger that, Oscar Mike, kill and shit like that all the time.

I actually just chewed him out the other day for randomly calling me while I was on a date to ask me what certain terms meant because someone was asking him questions at a bar. I was like wtf dude just tell them you don't know because youre not in them the army and to have a good night, who the fuck sneaks into the bathroom to use a life line
>>
>>33284943
Just buy a goddamn jacket.
>>
>>33288386
They hate us because they ain't us.

AVN has fewer people and even lower enlisted make important decisions. Compared to infantry where an E5 is a team leader with 3 men, an AVN E5 might have a full squad or more and a million or millions of dollars of equipment.

You can't have the same mentality.

Does gun bunny E5 even have their own tube?
>>
File: 1482168781644.png (89KB, 431x503px) Image search: [Google]
1482168781644.png
89KB, 431x503px
>>33294517
>>33295357
I've never understood this.

I go to a senior military college with like 2,500 cadets and have met very few assholes.
I've met dozens of new LTs and only one has been kind of a dick.

Every cadet I've ever known has done their best to be super-duper polite and not seem like the stereotype at air assault, airborne, or when they were doing that CTLT unit internship thing.

Where does the "asshole LT/ROTC cadet" stereotype come from?
>>
>>33284943
just start singing It Ain't Me to him
>>
>>33304112
I've had nothing but bad experiences with Rotc kiddies. They were always the biggest shit bags in bootcamp but thought they knew everything. Story time!
>be me, home on recruiters assistant duties leave after enlisting at the ripe old age of 22, it was in December so I would have been 23 by then
>have to wear dress blues uniform but just the blue pants and the long sleeve brown shirt, not the whole blues coat getup. Cruise around in my car with two other 18 year old kids fresh out of bootcamp trying to convince kids to go talk to a recruiter
>sporting our one measley ribbons because I've been in 6 months and the whole time has been the initial training pipeline
>stop by liquor store in my ghetto on the way back to recruiters office before we get released for the night, gonna buy me some whiskey for after work
>shooting the shit with liquor store guy when in walks three 16 year olds from the gated private catholic school they retardedly built a block from the hood. All fat Pimply faced Pillsbury Doughboy motherfuckers
>"pssssssssh one ribbon, thats cute" the leader says to one of my privates
>"mumble mumble mumble.... sir" my beta ass guy says back
>walk over and say "is there a fucking problem?"
>guy looks at my sleeves and says "oooh a pfc, watch out guys" then smugly says im a staff sergeant in my school's army Rotc program I got a stack 5 rows high what're your gonna do to me?
>step up right in his face (I'm 6'3 225 at the time plus I'm fucking 23 and he's a sophomore) and say "you think I give a fuck about your fantasy football army awards? I'm a fuckin US Marine, these guys are US Marines, active duty we ain't no Rotc jokers and on top of that I'm your in my fuckin hood esé, you might wanna watch who you disrespect because some of us people out here don't give a fuck.
>kids all squirm away going yes sir yes sir sorry sir etc etc
>liquor store Arab laughs his ass off and does the whole "a hahaha my friend my friend you funny guy my friend"
>>
>>33304363
>>"pssssssssh one ribbon, thats cute" the leader says to one of my privates
>>"mumble mumble mumble.... sir" my beta ass guy says back
>>walk over and say "is there a fucking problem?"
>>guy looks at my sleeves and says "oooh a pfc, watch out guys" then smugly says im a staff sergeant in my school's army Rotc program I got a stack 5 rows high what're your gonna do to me?
>>step up right in his face (I'm 6'3 225 at the time plus I'm fucking 23 and he's a sophomore) and say "you think I give a fuck about your fantasy football army awards? I'm a fuckin US Marine, these guys are US Marines, active duty we ain't no Rotc jokers and on top of that I'm your in my fuckin hood esé, you might wanna watch who you disrespect because some of us people out here don't give a fuck.

This reads like fanfiction.
Are you sure you weren't talking to a high-school JROTC kid with a severe case of autism?
>>
>>33304363
>on top of that your in my fuckin hood esé *

Shit butchered the sentence lol sorry, helping the wife tend to the chickens
>>
>>33304387
Yea I most likely was, like I said they were from the private catholic high school a block away (school hoodies on) and we're probably autistic.

I'm enlisted not officer and I did the community college to bachelor's degree online route so I never met ROTC college kids
>>
>>33303531
I buy what I want you commie tripfuck.
>>
>>33304389

you didnt butcher anything that was a retarded story
>>
>>33284943

Your friend should have called him a faggot, then gave him his name along with his old unit number and commander. So whiny faggot goes and reports that a non-existent soldier was out of regs, or better yet the guy remembers who he was talking about, and calls the retard a retard
>>
serious question the navy switched to type 3s so should I turn my blue camos into shorts lol
>>
File: 1454386146386.jpg (218KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1454386146386.jpg
218KB, 1500x1500px
>>33285052

There are a lot of people that look for reasons to be offended.

It's a special type of attention whoring.
>>
>>33290405
tight pants, tight groupings.
>>
File: IMG_0115.jpg (146KB, 800x562px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0115.jpg
146KB, 800x562px
>>33303151
We get together and crowd surf the wounded until they bleed out on the entire battalion
>>
File: 1484253113234.jpg (102KB, 700x535px) Image search: [Google]
1484253113234.jpg
102KB, 700x535px
Only fags care.
>>
File: 1481839021368.png (150KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1481839021368.png
150KB, 500x376px
>>33284943
Dude whats the problem with the US ? Allot of persons who did conscription ( back in the 80's) or straight up served in my country still wear their jacket without any problem . Its not uncommon to see a bus driver with a Jigsaw ( ABL ) jacket on him for example and no one cries about it
>>
>>33284943
I was once wearing a Bundeswehr parka with blue jeans and got asked if I served (in fact I had, but not Merkelreich). This is supposed to be for catching con artists and Walts, not every single person who accessorizes with camo. That said, OP's pic related shows mismatched camo patterns, which is grounds for summary execution.
>>
>>33305176
I dont know what to do with mine. Might make a sick combat shirt with my blouse.
>>
File: IMG_6850.jpg (103KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6850.jpg
103KB, 1155x1155px
>>33301484
The color palette looks similar to French CCE, but the black blotches aren't as rounded
>>
File: 1453411307459.png (577KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453411307459.png
577KB, 1920x1080px
>>33304363
>WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME....
>>
>>33294180
what is the jacket
>>
>>33284943
if you were in combat and you don't brag about it, I think something like a hat or a patch is fine
people that aren't serving and wear full gear or camo are weird
>>
>>33300834
grocery store bagger/fixit here
there's a company-wide directive to give military people discounts and be very respectful towards them, corporate is fairly gung-ho about it; that cashier probably didn't want to get chewed out by the front-end manager or the store manager
>>
>>33284943
>out of regulation

I would get an NCO to jack up someone doing this.
>>
Wearing a uniform to get free shit whether you're in or not is a good idea.

Being a fag and repping some military shit makes you look like a try hard autist
>>
>>33284943
I was in the Army from 87 to 91. Ended up with extra BDU jackets I got issued when I went to Desert Storm. When I got home, I gave my Dad and brother each a field jacket. I didn't bother removing the name tags or unit patches. My brother was in high school and wore the jacket all the time. Had a friend from down the street who joined the Army a couple of years after I got out. Went to college, then enlisted. No idea why. Anyway, my brother was walking around the neighborhood wearing the jacket. My friend was home on leave, spots my brother and spergs out. Whole, "you didn't earn the right to wear that," and so forth. Made my brother think he'd be thrown in jail. I called him up and told him to knock it off. He goes into sperg mode, saying I shouldn't have given him the jacket and he had no right to wear it. I pointed out that he had spent most of high school wearing an army surplus jacket, and if he didn't like it, he could report us to our commanding officer.
>>
>>33288258
Settle down Pvt. Pile.
>>
>>33290132
I have one of those. With the liner it's quite comfy.
>>
>>33284943
>11B
Nothing a value was gained.
>>
>>33285178
see
>>33289960
>>
>>33290126
>buying FADED repo camo
please stop before i see you on the street
>>
>>33285177
you just got historied by
>>33285205
>>
File: dirt.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
dirt.gif
1MB, 392x400px
>>33288418
>IGNORES ALL OTHER ARGUMENTS AND GOES AFTER THE MOST RETARDED
gg
>>
>>33300806
god that photo is cancer...if feel sorry for the pepe who spent a couple days drawing that shit mem
>>
>>33303247
>posts nazi soliders dirty as fuck
man it sure is edgey tween in this bitch
>>
>>33288258
Easy there, oh courageous veteran of Jesse Helms.
>>
>>33287267
>Now these, these are top of the line, specially engineered in a lab or some shit, so you don't hurt your precious little feet hiking through the woods, or you can get these, Vietnam jungle boots, great for stomping gooks, or FAGGOTS.
>>
>>33290499
ACU isn't a pattern, it's a uniform cut. UCP is the pattern.
>>
>>33284943
When I was in the Marines we could wear our field jackets (I think they were called M60?) off-duty and in civilian attire. All boots/footwear and Gore Tex (without rank) too although nobody did. Trousers and camouflage uniform were not allowed in public while off-duty except at the bank, dry cleaners, or I think gas station. I've never cared about stolen valor because I'd never give kudos to some guy just because he was wearing a fancy uniform, sure I'd figure it out and call him out if fake and annoying.
>>
>>33284943
Wait people actually care?

I mean maybe if you leave patches on, other than that you just look like somebody who visited an army-navy store.
>>
>>33284943
It's a fucking jacket
>>
File: 281.jpg (34KB, 600x589px) Image search: [Google]
281.jpg
34KB, 600x589px
>>33312652
Thread posts: 269
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.