[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

State of the modern German Army

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: german army.jpg (233KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
german army.jpg
233KB, 1000x541px
Can someone who has trained/fought with the German armed forces give me an appraciation of their strengths and weaknesses please? I keep hearing how run-down and useless they are now but is that just a meme?
>>
>>33283395
that fucking vehicle is huge
>>
>>33283419
Yeah, what the fuck is it? It looks like a Land Raider from 40k. Can it carry a whole infantry company?
>>
File: waitasec.jpg (25KB, 348x343px) Image search: [Google]
waitasec.jpg
25KB, 348x343px
>>33283395

pretty sure thats not just a meme
>>
>>33283435

it's a marder 2 i think
>>
>>33283419
>>33283435
gtk boxer
and yes its fucking huge,
seen it next to leopard tanks, and it dwarfs them.
>>
File: BoxerASLAV_zpszeouminp.jpg (165KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
BoxerASLAV_zpszeouminp.jpg
165KB, 1024x576px
>>33283419
>>
>>33283395
the material, skill, moral and numbers of the German army is moot point to discus since it's political leadership is to ashamed to use them and the army has been drilled not to take action unless told so.

It can be a peperbox or a mighty 50cal but if don't dare pull the trigger it's no difference at all.
>>
someone post those embarrassing German boot camp webms
>>
>>33283505
Holy shit I had no idea Boxers were so huge
>>
>>
>>33283395
The German military is not as capable as it could be being that Germany is the largest economy in Europe. It has what many would describe as the third most powerful European military, behind France and Britain.

Germany has always been a land power and as such has always focused on its ground forces as opposed to its Navy, thus the German Navy is nothing to write home about.

The Air Force is decent compared to most other European powers, consisting of mainly support aircraft, fighters, and strike fighters, most of which are 4-4.5 gen. The Germans also posses and decently sized and fairly advanced helicopter fleet that is meant to maneuver with ground forces in the event of a war in eastern Europe. Never the less the German Air force is still at its core a compliment to, and not a replacement for, the United States.

Finally the Army, Germany's favored branch, currently and historically. Despite a large population the German Army is only able to produce a measly 60,000 standing troops, this is due largely to budget cuts under Ms. Merkel and the German populations general aversion to military things. Despite this short coming the Germans do boast a strong and formidable army particularly when working within the parameters of NATO which it was (as stated previously) designed to support.

As I see it the German military suffers from two primary issues. The first is that it constantly falls on its support role and deep seeded pacifism to justify spending cuts which have decreased the strength of the military significantly in the past ten years during this long peace in Eurasia. This in turn leads to the second problem, from what I've heard the German military has some serious morale issues, many Germans perceive the military to be a necessary evil and as such open displays of military patriotism are something that makes them uncomfortable even in an era when the German government wants "normalize" Germany's self-image. This plays havoc with morale.
>>
>>33283748

GEE I WONDER WHY GERMANY AND JAPAN ARENT ALLOWED A STRONG ARMY....
>>
>>33283892
THAT TURNED OUT SO WELL WHEN THEY HAD A STRONG ARMY
>>
German Army a Shit.

There is a reason we came with with I Suck At Fighting.

Germany Army Platoon can't take a single Afghan house with 6 insurgents, with out having to call in American fire support.
>>
>>33283892
That's not our fault the Japanese have a very formidable Navy and Solid defensive air-force, they just have restrictive RoE, and very limited use.

The Germans are allowed to do whatever, but they're just mentally scarred.
>>
>>33283947
Americans can't do that without having to call in American fire support lol. Also what a specific scenario.
>>
>>33283892
>GEE I WONDER WHY GERMANY AND JAPAN ARENT ALLOWED A STRONG ARMY....

>oy vey because of a war 70 fucking years ago these filthy germans and Japanese can never have a standing army!

that's retard logic. it made no sense back in the 50s/60s when those nations completely lost any sense of chauvinism or ideas of grand military adventures once half their population got fucked and it makes even less sense now since they both border fuck huge armies.
>>
File: 1468463912791.jpg (63KB, 296x509px) Image search: [Google]
1468463912791.jpg
63KB, 296x509px
>>33283892
i want you to think long and hard anon about the last time someone tried to suppress germany.

with the right leadership saying the right things, getting the moral of the people up, that german war machine could start back up again.

they are being suppressed under guilt of lies that happened after 1945.

oh how i would love to return to der Vaterland and help hoist the red banners, pour the concrete, run the barbwire, and declare war over Europe for the sake of Europe.
>>
File: AAV-australia.jpg (1MB, 1268x1012px) Image search: [Google]
AAV-australia.jpg
1MB, 1268x1012px
>>33283711
that honour goes to the AAV
>>
>>33283977
Nukes, bro. That era is over.
>>
>>33283977
Not going to happen again. The reason it worked before was that it all happened in the same generation. Soldiers of the previous war became leaders of the nation.
Now their grand children and great grandchildren are the ones in the nation, and they just don't give a shit
>>
>>33283892

Um, have you seen how big the military of West Germany was at the point of reunification?

Unified Germany in 2017 has a fraction of what West Germany had 30 years ago.
>>
>>33283961
I did an individual augmentation deployment from Japan to Afghanistan. Got put in ISAF. One time I went out the wire to carry the radio and batteries for a fire control soldier from 82nd. We were tagging along with a German Army platoon.

single story house. 6 durkas with AKs taking pot shots at us from over 300m. Germans all take cover. Then their platoon leader has us call in 155mm from our FOB to level the house. Germans had 40mm grenade launchers and MG3s. so they could have laid down serious fire to advance to the house and then clear it.
>>
>>33284005
this triggers the navy EOD.

fucking marines think they are invincible inside those. then they get into a huge IED daisy chain trap. which means EOD has to come and try to disarm it all before everyone is blown up.
>>
>>33284064
Why the fuck would you cross 300m to start room to room combat when they can just level it with the radio?
>>
>>33284109
because it was 2010 and we weren't supposed to be slaughtering non combatants outright out of convenience.

hearts and minds Anon.
>>
File: 22381956619_428a25e83e_o.jpg (2MB, 5472x3648px) Image search: [Google]
22381956619_428a25e83e_o.jpg
2MB, 5472x3648px
>>33284109
my thoughts exactly
>>
>>33284126
>Germans being efficient
>American crying about killing people in a war
sound about right desu.
>>
Current german army enlisted here. As was said before, politics are the main reason everything is as fucked as it is right now. In the opinion of this landser the biggest problem are the actual people joining up. Most of the new recruits we get are terribly unfit and barely motivated. The tendency to exxagerate or make up injuries/illnesses to get paid sick leave or skip field Training is pretty high, especially since its become pretty hard to kick people out or reprimand them for something like this. The reason for that are the personnel shortages. So they kinda just let everyone in and carry many useless assholes around that are sick 90% of the time anyway. Training standard is pretty good at least in my outfit but well see how long that lasts.

Another problem is equipment especially helicioters and transport planes. Most of them are pretty old and tend to require insane amounts of maintenance which often leads to jumps being cancelled. Not that there are that many that still jump since they downsized the staff at the airborne Training school dramatically so naturally less people go through jump school.
Morale is pretty low to since theres a widespread feeling the defence minister cares more about getting traps and gays into the army and kindergartens in barracks than more pressing stuff.

Tl;DR shits fucked. If my grandpa could see this hed lose his shit.

A disgruntled fallschirmjäger
>>
>>33284220
>fallschirmjäger
the fuck?
>2017
>German military is unmotivated and underfunded
>still falling for the paratrooper meme
topkek
>>
>>33284220
Brueder, since I have a fetish for BW gear, where can I buy proper BW gear? All I can find online and in the USA is Mil-Tec knock offs. If Mil-Tec is an actual military supplier for BW, is it any good over there? Everything Mil-Tec that I've bought has has shoddy stitching and breaks easily.
>>
>>33284220
Thanks for the inside opinion, I had a feeling that's how things were looking over there for you guys. Maybe things will improve in the future.
>>
>>33284338
Hessen Antique or eBay. Not hard at all to find koppel set.
>>
>>33283395

To understand modern German you have to understand it's constitution and governments. They are 100% vassals of the US.

Germany is a conquered nation and it's cucked people and self-destructive tendencies are proof of this.
>>
>>33284220
>personnel shortages
are they taking foreign volunteers now?
>>
>>33284220
Maybe I should reenlist. Wehrdienst was fun.
>>33284338
At one point Mil-Tec was a supplier, but only for mag pouches as far as I know.
Clothing would be Feuchter or Leo Köhler, although Köhler no longer produces for the Bundeswehr but their stuff is still good.
Don't buy MFH, Mil-Tec, Tacgear or new produced Leo Köhler if you want milsurp.

For buying look on ASMC or Ebay.
>>
>>33283457
>3+8 crew
>Vehicle the size of a land raider
Yeah, totally a good idea.
>>
>>33284381
I've got most everything for my Koppel is thing thing. I think you're the dude who told me about bubba'ing my gear and how certain units wear their gear. I'm just trying to find a good authentic BW rucksack and and good boots.

>>33284407
German Foreign Legion wann?
>>
>>33284220
Ever been to Fort bragg to jump with the 82nd? i love hanging with the Germans when they come around. Im the only one in my brigade who speaks German, so i get to party with the fallschirmjäger while ya'll are here.
>>
>>33284457
I'm not the same guy as before whoever it was. You can find new issue boots and ruck online from Hessen and eBay. The bergen is shit without a backplate, basically a large tactical laundry sack with straps.
>>
>>33284338
http://flecktarn.co.uk/camouflagekit_flecktarn.html
>>
>>33284005
What's that thing on the front of the one on the right?
>>
>>33284555
no idea, it kinda looks like some sort of attachement point to form an AAV train or something like that
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.