[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why not DAO?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

>every law enforcement agency that carried revolvers relied on using double action
>every high end competitor uses double action
>majority of /k/ still hates DAO
pls explain
>>
Anyone who hates DAO obviously doesn't know shit about revolvers and has no experience shooting or carrying them.
>>
>>33282891

>>every law enforcement agency that carried revolvers relied on using double action
false
>>every high end competitor uses double action
false

Fuck off
>>
>>33282891
>DAO on a revolver
>DAO on an auto
Big difference there. The former is a borderline necessity. The latter is pointless.
>>
>>33283017
pic related
>>>33283027
we are not talking about autos
>>
>>33282891
You do understand that striker fired guns are very different from hammer fired DAO/DAK/LEM autos, right? The trigger on a Glock 19 and a 92 D have completely different behavior.

Also, can you name any "high end competitor" other than Jerry Miculek without searching who shoots DAO in IPSC, USPCA, or any other completion?
>>
>>33283017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypJ7dYPHbVg
>>
>>33283163
Literally anything is better than DAK. that is the worst trigger pull of all time
>>
>>33283254
While I am no fan of SIG's DAK, might I ask if what your experience with it is? If you shot a 250, that is nothing like DAK. DAK (like LEM) basically fired from a half cocked position. It can be misleading in dry fire for the same reason. The side needs to cycle to reset the hammer.
>>
>>33283163

Jerry doesn't shoot DAO autos in competition either.

you can argue Vogel does if you can argue a Glock is DAO... which is pretty stupid since the closest analogy in terms of DA/SA to a Glock's manual of arms is a SAO.
>>
>OP talks about revolvers
>autofags steal thread for themselves
>>
>>33283410
and why would law enforcement use revolvers
>>
>>33282891
>every high end competitor uses double action

That's a funny way of spelling single action.

>>33283293
If you really wanted to be pedantic you could say Glocks are Safe Action(TM).

They sure aren't any variation of double action, though. The only double action striker fired handgun I can think of is the P99 and it's clones. Maybe there's an H&K I'm not think of.
>>
>>33283425
do you understand concept of past tense?
>>
double action =/= DAO
Cunt.
>>
>>33283293
>>33283473
>cocks striking mechanism
>then releases it.
It's almost like it's doing two actions.
>>
>>33283546
It's partially cocked and can't be fired once the striker drops. It's not really DA, it's not really SA. These terms aren't clear cut in every case, they're colloquialisms.

It's almost like this is an autism thread.
>>
>>33283546

pull the trigger on an empty chamber than try pulling it again. partially doing an action is not doing an action.
>>
>>33283706
If you call it 1.5 action you may actually cause anger in the autists and understanding to the interested.

>THERE ARE ONLY TWO KINDS OF TRIGGER
>TRIGGERED
>I NEED MY EARMUFFS
>>
>>33283706
Why second strike capability is must to call it DA?

Is functionality more important than mechanics when it comes to naming?
>>
I unironically love HK's LEM triggers though
>>
>>33283735
>partially doing an action is not doing an action.
Well put, fag.
I wish DA striker-fired pistols were more popular though. Best of both worlds, really.
>>
>>33283770
To me, a guy who likes DA/SA triggers, that sounds like the worst of both worlds. I like that there is such a variety of mechanisms available, though. There really is something for everyone.
>>
>>33283746
It's easier to just call it a striker fired gun rather than trying to force an unfamiliar term on people. 1.5 action would be a great abbreviation for partially cocked strikers, but you need to be able to communicate effectively with people and not enough people would get on board with that.
>>
>>33283806
>DA/SA
There's SA, DA and DAO.
>>
>>33283761
>Is functionality more important than mechanics when it comes to naming?

Yes.

>>33283770
I own a few Glocks and a P99 and I like the consistency of a single trigger pull. H&K's LEM is a nice alternative but I prefer the feel of a striker for some reason.
>>
>>33283834
Somehow the idea of carrying (or having around) a cocked gun with a light trigger pull is not very appealing to me.
>>
>>33283823
Hi there! I am a DA/SA pistol! Perhaps you recognize me?
>>
>>33283823
I knew this would come up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hou0lU8WMgo
>>
>>33283871

The fuck is up with that barrel.
>>
>>33283866
Different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>33283889
9mm conversion barrel. It is a placeholder until myself threaded one comes in.
>>
>>33283871
No, you are a DA pistol, which means you can be fired in either double or single action.
>>
>>33283905
Do you wait for someone to call an AR direct impingement and then leap at the chance to waste time? DA/SA is both technically correct and offers ready distinction from dedicated DAO designs. Cope.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigger_(firearms)
>>
>>33282891
>I use what everyone else uses

I bet you already have a P320.
>>
>>33282891
Because it's retarded to have such a long assed trigger pull every time when you could have a shorter, crisper pull with a DA/SA or SAO. Comparing revolvers to pistols is like comparing apples to oranges for the most part.
>>
>>33283951
SA DA/SA DA - 9 characters.
SA DA DAO - 7 characters.
>AR direct impingement
It is.
>>
>>33283994
Revolvers are pistols.
>>
>>33284034
No, they're not. Revolvers are revolvers. Pistols are pistols. Both are handguns.
>>
>>33284016
I don't think you followed much of my post. As for the AR thing, some people like to scream and rant that the AR is technically a gas piston gun. It is a somewhat granular difference that you can spend hours discussing without actually improving anyone's understanding of the subject matter, so an ideal pastime on /k/.
>>
File: 1401249455810.png (111KB, 319x480px) Image search: [Google]
1401249455810.png
111KB, 319x480px
>>33284093
>>
>>33283187
Needs an MST3K version
>>
>>33282891
DAO is only good when it's an HK LEM Light trigger.
>>
>>33284543
The light LEM is the V1, right?
I was thinking of getting one for the novelty but I heard the light LEMs have a bad reset. Is that true?
>>
>>33284833
No, it's not true. It's got a nice short, crisp reset. If I had to liken it to something else, I'd say it feels very similar to the anti stress mode of the P99AS trigger. Long, light takeup with a nice break and then a short reset. Only the LEM trigger will return to full travel if you let off where the P99AS won't.
>>
>>33283163
Every single striker fired pistol can be typified as DAO, SAO, or DA/SA. Glocks are DAO. PPQs are SAO.
>>33283546
>SAO manual of arms
Cannst thou not read?
>>33283706
>It's partially cocked and can't be fired once the striker drops.
Restrike capability is not a defining characteristic of an action.
>It's not really DA, it's not really SA.
That's where you're wrong, kiddo. Every single mechanical trigger either (a) performs the single action of releasing the action or (b) performs the double actions of cocking and releasing the actions. Then there can be points to allow a transition from one to the other (DA/SA) or simply pretensioned DA with the ability to fire from elastic rest (DAK, aka DA/DA)
>These terms aren't clear cut in every case, they're colloquialisms.
There is not a single thing more cut in existence. One, or two.
>>33283735
Nope, you should know better tripfag.
>>
>>33283735
>pull the trigger on an empty chamber than try pulling it again.
"literally irrelevant" is overused today, but that is literally irrelevant
>partially doing an action is not doing an action
Doing an action at all is doing an action. Even the LCP II, which Ruger calls SAO, is actually DAO. In fact the original LCP is pretensioned DAO and is not restrike capable, too.
>>
>>33282891

i like SA triggers because the short trigger travel allows very quick shooting

for DAO I have to just keep pulling the trigger during recoil and move the gun back onto target before it releases

but DAO is safer by far

the DA/SA triggers I don't know why these aren't more popular
>>
>>33282891
>>every high end competitor uses double action

uh, no
>>
>>33283770
Fuck, I love my P99.
>>
>>33285267
>Glocks are DAO.
No, they are not. They are "Safe Action", 1.5 action, whatever. The trigger is incapable of fully cocking the striker.
>>
>>33283834
>Yes.
So by that logic you shouldn't call DA/SA auto DA/SA, because it doesn't work the way DA/SA revolver do (from which term originated).
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.