[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you work up the courage to selling a gun? I used to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (123KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 1136x640px
How do you work up the courage to selling a gun? I used to be in the camp of "never sell a gun" but I have a few that I have no use or interest in owning.

I'm starting to see guns as a tool instead of something you take a couple out to shoot here and there and I'm getting really into having only a few guns I use practically.

How do I sell that first handgun I ever bought? How do I sell that AK74 that will never be imported ever again?
>>
>>33279785
Dont sell your first gun, doesnt madder what it is... trust me, its does zero harm to keep it and eventually; you will want it back for one or another reason.
Anything else is subjective. Guns are tools
>>
>>33279785
Just try to stop being a pussy
>>
>>33279797
I don't know...the handgun in question is a West German P226
>hands don't feel "welcome" to the grip and manipulations are awkward
>lacks parts maintenance
>strongly dislike how Sigs dissassemble
>don't have a need for a heavy fullsize 9mm
>no quality holsters available for AIWB
>can't even mount a light onto it

I don't like to use resources like time, familiarity or ammo on guns that I don't carry as opposed to practicing with the ones I do. I carry a PX4 and I would rather much practice shooting that then take out my P226 to the range.
>>
>>33279824
Well like >>33279797 said, I'd avoid selling your first or any gun you know you will never own again, even if you wanted it back.

Everything else is on the table.
>>
>>33279814
2nd post best post.
>>
>>33279785
Op I did this for the first time last week. Started collecting at 18; I'm 24 now and own 20+ guns.

My first AR build was a pretty shitty low budget thing. Never shot it. Still, I resisted selling it even though I had offers that were close to what I paid.
I just thought about how annoying it is to carry around and that the only reason I had to keep it was to stroke my e-peen on 4chan. That was enough motivation to drop it quick.

Once I broke the wall, I was able to sell two more a few days later, and I've got another sale pending right now
>>
>>33279785
never allow anything into your house that you do know know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.

if it doesn't make you happy, why own it?
>>
>>33280231
Impulse purchase or lack of foresight. I bought some enfields for very cheap, but then I never wound up shooting them.

I built an AR because they were all the rage, then realized I got no pleasure out of shooting it
>>
It's a fucking gun not a family heirloom. Who cares if it was your first. The AK I can understand because I like having unique stuff, but first gun? Who gives a shit. It's not unique and to you it serves no purpose anymore.

To help get over it, think about what you can buy with the money once you sell it, but do not pick something that is consumable like alcohol or a Vegas trip. It's easier to justify if you'll have something of equal or greater value that is tangible after selling it.
>>
the gun deserves to be in a loving relationship just as much as you do

set it free
>>
>>33279824
>no respect or appreciation for the W. German P226

Kys
>>
>>33280243
At least shoot the Enfields before selling them, you may find you love shooting them.
>>
>>33280317
I've owned them for almost four years. I liked shooting them, but these were not what I would call nice examples of enfields. One of them was a beat up ishapore No1 with a scrubbed date and sporterized stock I replaced.
The other was a No4 cut into a Jungle Carbine that keyholed and had a canted front sight.
I would like to buy a nice No1 or No4, all original, someday. I kept all my ammo, about 400 rounds
>>
>>33279785
As my "collection" grows, I am starting to get the urge to downsize and thin it out.

Primarily because of my current living situation and plans for immediate future, I dont want to end up with a roomful of guns. Its just more "stuff" i have deal with for moving & storage and safekeeping.

Im trying for a minimalist lifestyle and want to keep my gun collection down to a few select calibers and just one each of a few purpose selected firearms.

Trying to narrow down the list-

1 large caliber scoped rifle in 30-06 or .308 ( m700)

1 intermediate caliber semi- auto rifle in 5.56 (AR / M4)

1 to 3 semi auto pistols in 9mm and/or

1 shotgun in 12ga.
>>
>>33280356
I had an enfield, it was fun and cool and all but i couldnt convince myself to hold onto it in light of comparing it to the modern rifles i have that are better in every way.
Old Milsurp like the Enfields and moist nuggets are pretty much just a curio/relic to me.
I have no interest in keeping a collection of curios/relics
>>
File: 1469109598056.jpg (89KB, 780x596px) Image search: [Google]
1469109598056.jpg
89KB, 780x596px
>>33279785
Easy solution - don't sell em, trade em for other guns.

Really minimizes the chances of regret.
>>
>>33280405
This

>fell for fuddy-five meme
>buy xds in 45
>realize I suck at shooting and need extra capacity/9mm hp is acceptable.
>trade for xds in 9mm
>been happy ever since

Really zero regrets.
>>
Guns are just possessions. Its weird to invest any sentiment in a tool that is destined to wear out some day.

I refurbish guns that I find need some TLC, shoot them for a bit, and usually sell or trade within a couple years. I've got some actual time and history with the things but I don't regret a single sale.

US production Auto 5 was one I wanted back, but ended up with a much nicer magnum version and a light twelve version.
>>
>>33279785
You don't sell a gun. You trade one thing you may or may not like for something you want more.
>>
>>33279797
I sold my G19 and i never want that thing back. I wasted so much money on that thing because I listened to you idiots.
>>
I've sold several guns on armslist usually the same day if I list it at 7am sell it after work 7pmish
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.