[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nugget prices are now reaching almost nothing lower than 200$

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

Nugget prices are now reaching almost nothing lower than 200$ for something that isn't shit. Spam cans are at least 100$ a can. that's 20c a round. Is it time we find the new cheap bolt gun to replace said nugget?
>>
>>33274028
The m1 carbines and Grand from Korea would do it.

Much nicer firearms than a shityy nugget.
>>
>>33274028
You wont find something to replace the nugget because nothing is less expensive than the nugget. People getting into milsurp guns are just going to have to pony up.
>>
>>33274028
>Is it time we find the new cheap bolt gun to replace said nugget?
Pretty sure we found the Savage Axis about 4 years ago, OP.
>>
>>33274028
Garands if they'll let them in.
>>
>>33274028

Speaking of AIM, I feel bad for them. They've had to completely redo their business model.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=5392&name=Curio+%26+Relic+Firearms

Not a single fucking thing in stock.

>>33274035

Those are in really terrible condition for the most part though. Century was going to bring them in but the Koreans wanted too much money for what they had.

>>33274036

Arisaka's and Carcano's are still cheap at times, ammo not so much.
>>
>>33274037
>implying id ever drop a savage down a hill and not regret it.
>>
>>33274035
I mean, you aren't wrong. What would be a price point on em?
>>
>>33274035
Keep in mind, I'm referring to replacing a shitty bolt gun worth 80$ that I could shoot cheaper that a pellet gun, I don't want anything over 300$
>>
>>33274028
>Is it time we find the new cheap bolt gun to replace said nugget?
Not going to happen, ever.

For your nugget to be $99 the importer has to buy them for $5, maybe $10 at the most. Why would they sell some foreigner a gun for $10 that they can sell for 40 times as much in a gun shop in Russia?

It's not 1995 anymore when the the countries of the former Soviet Union all had their economy in the shitty.

>>33274035
Those aren't ever going to be imported because the Koreans want too much for them, and even if they get imported they are all shit.
>>
>>33274063
>Arisakas and Carcanos

This, I see the rifles dirt cheap where I live but outside gun shows I've never seen the ammo for sale, and I live in NY so it's not like I can order it online. Otherwise I'd probably grab a few for shits and giggles.
>>
File: 1453937840762.png (317KB, 796x712px) Image search: [Google]
1453937840762.png
317KB, 796x712px
>tfw born too late for the Great Nugget Deluge
>>
>>33274931

NYer here where the hell are you finding arisakas?
>>
>>33274931

6.5 Carcano ammo is about $15-18 a box. Prvi makes it but they use standard 6.5/.264 bullets instead of the .267 diameter bullets the Carcano was designed for.

But if you slug your carcano bore, make sure you don't have a cut barrel on one of the old variants with the progressive rifling, and handload according to your slug results, you'll have an extremely accurate rifle.

>I've won milsurp shooting contests with a stock Carcano using handloads, beating guys with $1000 M1 Garands and Springfields.
>>
>>33275091

I expect we will see Nuggets in the future. People forget.

1. The ammo is being sold to Syria right now, and that's not counting ammo the Ukrainians (where we got much of our surplus) are hoarding for themselves
2. Same with the rifles: you have buyers in Libya, Syria, etc. Plus arming groups within Ukraine. Ukraine also modernizes Nagant rifles to use as marksman rifles.

Easier to sell a shitload of ammo to some Arab cash money than to deal with a company that has to follow US Import BS.

IMO, we see these conflicts die out to pre-2011 levels and we'll start seeing more shit.
>>
>>33274124
A Korean Garand in below-rack-grade condition was speculated to be ~$600 with no guarantee of being complete or functional. The M1 carbines in similar condition with similar lack of guarantee were speculated to be $1100.

Which is why it didn't happen.
>>
>>33275738
The ammo you have a point on but the Ukies aren't refurbing old rifles they're building new ones with modern tooling because it's cheaper than refurbing an old one into anything resembling a marksman rifle.
>>
File: 1481187827149.png (246KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481187827149.png
246KB, 500x375px
>>33275091
>tfw you missed 7n6 stockpiling because college poorfaggotry but love 5.45x39
I hate the ATF so much.
>>
>>33275773

Exactly. Century (and I think one other importer) explored importing these but the Koreans simply want too much money. And from my understanding, a lot of the shit has been sitting out in the open for decades.

IMO, these would be guns I'd be interested in paying $249.99 apiece for barring rare manufacturers/dates/variants.
>>
>>33275738
also the demand side of the equation has some catching up to do from November...people are still gonna hoard but it wont be panicked buying like the last 8 years.
>>
>>33275795

You know, I used to get entire crates of x54R with the crate for $120 OTD. Crates of 5.45 for around the same price.

Reason why I bought a 74 when I was in college. Could shoot cheaper than a .22 in some instances.

Also, 7.62x25 was real fucking cheap at one point too. About 5-8 cents a round max depending on what it was.
>>
>>33275817

That's true. My dealer is reeling a bit right now.

>spent a ton of money buying inventory
>built a new fucking store
>sales are down over 25% since Trump won overall
>drop of 40%+ since the new year

He's hoping tax season will boost him a bit but it's fucked a lot of dealers and retailers over. I buy odds and ends from the guy and sometimes buy broken guns for projects and he's even selling a lot of his personal guns right now to keep things going without having to lay people off.
>>
>>33274028
>new cheap bolt gun to replace said nugget?

here is a list of far superior options;
>Ruger American
>Mossberg Patriot
>Remington 783
>Savage Axis
>>
>>33275854
Speculation is a bitch
>>
>99$ M44 nuggets

Holy shit, are these shootable? Those shits are an easy 350$ here in Canada
>>
>>33274286
The Koreans don't actually own those M1s. The US government does.
>>
>>33274063
>tfw you found a Siamese Mauser for $90
>tfw there's fuck all about 8x50mmR Siamese for sale
>>
>>33275963

When those were being sold, yes, they were. AIM has always been conservative on their grading. I purchased two of those when they had 'em and the ones I received had minor issues.

About the only bad deal I got was when J&G had the T53's for $75 or whatever it is. The one I got had a huge crack in the stock and a lot of pitting, but still functional. I made it into a single shot varmit rifle by permanently securing one of these chamber inserts for .32

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/762x54r-to-32-cal-multi-chamber-insert?a=587989

.32 ACP out of a Nugget makes a pretty damn fine squirrel rifle without breaking the bank.
>>
>>33275995

IIRC you can use 8x50R Mannlicher in it but you may want to do additional research.
>>
>>33274035
Are they still going to import them? I'd love to get me a sub $800 Garand.
>>
>>33274063
>Speaking of AIM
I was thinking the same. They better do some serious hoop jumping to stay in the game, grease palms and lobby hard.

Worn out FAMAS, kits, whatever they can scrounge from braziland, the whole hoard of sks/svt/svd trickling into canduh, even those reject m9 iraqi knockoffs.

IMI has a whole palace of napalese treasure to leech off of for a few years
>>
>>33276066

>IMI

Shit, they've had that Napalese shit for as long as I can remember. I bought one of the rifles back when they were $125? (I think). I'm sure their stock isn't as nice as it once was, but they've got enough shit hoarded between that and their other finds to be good for a long long time.

I think there is an opportunity for Trump to undo some of these old EO's with some lobbying. This would allow these companies to have an easier time bringing items in.

But, FWIW, Robert Bowman recently got a slew of new shit in I haven't seen in a while. Star Z70 kits, SAR80 kits, etc.
>>
>>33275995
>>33276060

How about some 8x50 Lebel?
>>
>>33276113

Prvi still makes it but I actually own a shitload of it. Probably got 200-300 rounds but have no fucking idea where. Found it at a flea market. All of it for $20 because "I gots no use for this stuff"
>>
>>33276164

Yeah, it's just every place online is out of stock. Finding 5 round clips for a Berthier would be nice too, I wonder how a 3D printer might finally do something in my life.
>>
>>33276259
>I wonder how a 3D printer might finally do something in my life.
the plastic itself would probably be too brittle to use as a stripped clip, but you could use a print to make a mold and cast something out of a better plastic.
>>
>>33276315

There's a guy selling 3d printed K-31 chargers. Think he sells 'em on eBay so it is feasible.
>>
>>33275974
>The Koreans don't actually own those M1s. The US government does.
Where did you hear this bullshit? The Koreans got guns under lend lease, yes, but they were also given guns and bought guns. Any M1s owned still by the US government have been returned to the US Army long ago.
>>
>>33274028
inflation is real, there is no 100 surplus bolt gun. This isn't 2005.
>>
>>33276404
Incorrect
Some of the guns on loan have been returned in recent years (Turkey) and some of them are still on loan. Some of them we will never see back like the ones in Iran
>>
>>33274063
>ammo not so much.
which honestly is the problem at this point. 54r is 45-50c/rd at best when shipped.

i saw an SMLE with optics today for $250 which is tempting but it's the same thing, after shipping 303 is going to be ~45c/rd at best
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.