[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amerikanisch Volkstrum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: WoX4wBt.jpg (146KB, 1024x737px) Image search: [Google]
WoX4wBt.jpg
146KB, 1024x737px
What would an American Volkstrum-like entity look like, both if it was mobilized in the 1940s and today.
>>
You mean, like a militia or a national guard?
>>
>>33273861
I mean like a last ditch milita where the government was trying to enlist everyone that could a weapon and equip them with everything that filled the requirement of 'will go bang'.
>>
>>33273927
Yeah, people are already armed in America. That's called a militia.

1940s: Civilian weapons available at the time + SOE stocks.
Today: Civilian weapons available at the time + surplus stocks.
>>
>>33272781
In Germany, relatively few civilians had guns, so the issue for the government was providing them with guns. In America there are more than enough guns to go around and many gun owners also practice with them/train themselves. I think a motivated American militia would be a force to be reckoned with in a foreign invasion.
>>
>>33272781
Whatever was left of the M1903s, Krags, and even Springfield trapdoors probably.
>>
>>33273992
It's kind of fun to imagine. There's such a strong gun and hunting culture in the US. And this is before we consider the American folklore of nationalism mobilizing in the face of oppression. Trying to occupy and suppress our will to rebel would be a bitch.

People joke about lard-ass preppers and stuff, but once those people are dead it leaves behind a *ton* of ex-military people and serious hunters. We might not have much in the way of heavy armaments (at least at first) but good lord our partisan activity would become legendary.
>>
File: revolution.png (161KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
revolution.png
161KB, 1280x800px
>>33275297
>>33273992
If only ten percent of gun owners were in favor of actively resisting occupiers with only ten percent of that ten percent doing the actual killing it would be a nightmare for opposing forces.
>>
>>33275297
Yeah. All of which will die once the Walmarts are looted dry. Stop deluding yourself.
>>
>>33274013
plus the millions of 1917s
>>
File: when u invade finland.jpg (149KB, 900x1145px) Image search: [Google]
when u invade finland.jpg
149KB, 900x1145px
>>33275881
then we cannibalize dead enemy soldiers and prop their skeletons up on sticks as a warning

much in the same way as Finnish soldiers would prop up dead/frozen Russian soldiers in the snow
>>
File: whyevenlive.jpg (228KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
whyevenlive.jpg
228KB, 1600x1200px
>you'll never train marksmanship with your friends
>you'll never get a chance to qualify for official entry into the youth volkstrum of america
>you'll never get a free ar15 with an acog at your hitler youth graduation ceremony

the world could be so much better...
>>
>>33275703
It would also be insane to try to do something like invade the continental US. Any of our enemies would have to invade from the West, since NATO is on the other side defending our Atlantic. You'd have to punch a hole in the largest Navy in the world, and then secure landing positions along 7,000 miles of coastline before you even make it into the US.

After that, you'd be invading a land mass that people can continuously retreat into like the Russians, with varying terrain that would be insanely defensible.

We have trouble rooting the Taliban out of the mountains of Afghanistan. How would someone do in the Rockies and Appalachia?

Death valley, badlands, the Sonoran and Mojave deserts. And that's before you even reach the middle of the country. From there you basically have Steppe-land to try to secure.

We have summers as hot as Africa and winters as cold as Siberia depending on where in the country you are.

And this whole time you're dealing with irregulars behind your supply lines while fighting the regular US military. It'd be as if Operation Barbarossa was a naval attack and had to deal with a highly competent and motivated early Soviet military.
>>
>>33275297
Too bad militas in the US were chronically difficult to manage and exceedingly unruly. Most militia musters were dudes getting drunk and fucking around every so often.
During the Revolution, Washington complained many times about what a pain in the ass the militias were and how difficult they were to control/direct. The Continental Army was slightly better, but not much better since it was in large part those same kinds of people.
Militias have always had issues with deploying beyond their general area of home, so trying to drag guys across several states would likely not fly too well.
>>
>>33272781
You know what this government needs to do?
>Enforce the Civillian Marksmanship Program at highschools and middle schools
>Reactivate JFK's Physical Education Program for both highschools and middle schools
>>33274013
I wonder whatever the hell happened to them...
>>
>>33276079
>I wonder whatever the hell happened to them...
sold off and sporterized in the civilian market
>>
>>33276106
>sporterized in the civilian market
i crie everitiem
>>
Bump for interest
>>
File: stalin lolin.jpg (51KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
stalin lolin.jpg
51KB, 960x539px
>>33276070
>Mfw "lol invade America through the southwest in the summer" becomes a meme
>>
>>33276070
I am reasonably confident that if every single country in the world tried to invade America at the same time, we would stand a decent chance.
>>
>>33276073
cept the Civil War was pretty much fought with "militia"....
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.