[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are .22 LR rounds so much more expensive than they use to be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 22 Ammo.jpg (111KB, 449x449px) Image search: [Google]
22 Ammo.jpg
111KB, 449x449px
Why are .22 LR rounds so much more expensive than they use to be?
>>
Obama
>>
hoarding and increased compliance costs
>>
Because once people get used to buying something at a certain price, there is no reason to bring the price back down, even if the conditions allow for it. It stays that price because people will pay it.

Also because .22 is a low profit caliber, and there is a limited amount of people that make it.
>>
>>33272494
the gun grabbers are trying to get in through the back door by banning lead production
>>
>>33272529
this
the market found out that people were willing to pay $200 a brick and they don't see a reason to drop that price even though the political climate that inflated the price has disappeared
>>
>>33272521
I remember hearing about preptard hoarders buying up ammo, but why do they buy a lot of .22 ammo?
What do you even do with it? If you're going to invest that much in guns and ammo my as well buy an AR-15 and 5.56 rounds!
>>
File: raifu is next.jpg (210KB, 960x636px) Image search: [Google]
raifu is next.jpg
210KB, 960x636px
>>33272532
this
The aft ruling on wet cellulose transportation has been negated. we are still signatories to a U.N. weapons embargo.

and stupid fucks want the nfa done away with before any real issues are tackled such as constitutionally protected open/concealed carry
>>
>>33272494
They use rare imported lead for them now.
>>
22LR is still the cheapest ammunition available, we just shoot more now, the demand has increased.
>>
>>33272494
When demand exceeds supply, the price increases, driving profits into this area and thus signaling the market to produce more of that good to counteract the underproduction.
>>
File: 1486249773122.jpg (43KB, 600x678px) Image search: [Google]
1486249773122.jpg
43KB, 600x678px
>>33272556
* has not been negated*

Pump actions, lever actions and bolt actions are next. Here is the logic path they will follow to ban bolt actions, WW1 had bolt action rifles used. Ergo bolt actions are weapons of war. Just use a bow if you want to hunt. Bows and arrows were used during the Plains Wars and in European wars, bows and arrows are weapons of war. Lever actions were used In the Spanish/American war and WW1, lever actions are weapons of war. That is where it will go.

You people really don't fucking get it.
>>
22lr is still fun but i actually use pellet rifles more than i used to because of the costs of plinking.
>>
Also, conversion kits.
Only few years ago, ask what 22 pistol to get, fudds would not shut up about ruger mk3 and browning buckmark. Now we got ppq in 22LR, m&p in 22LR, AR15 22LR conversion kits. Instead of 9mm and 223 we shoot a lot of 22LR.

Did you notice how 9mm is half its price from 4 years ago?
>>
>>33272494
More people shoot them and in greater quantities. Higher demand+same supply=higher price.
>>
>>33272549
Non american here. For clarity, a brick is 500 rds?
>>
>>33272604
Yes
>>
>>33272604
roughly yes however some manufacturers do shit like 325, 333, 500, 525, 550 in their bulk packs
>>
>>33272553
Because .22 LR is extremely cheap, relatively light, and most people don't wear or have armor.

While a .22 LR is admittedly impotent, it'll likely take down a hog, a deer, or a person with a well placed headshot and a short distance.

Take https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW2C3exp0R4 for example at 100 yards. Or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWZIFEMZamk .

Additionally, .22LR can go for 3 cents a pop during the cool seasons. For a box of 500, that's $15 bucks. A box of 500 for a .223 could cost me usually costs in excess of $100 dollars, usually more.

But I agree, if you're gonna put that much effort into prepping, you might as well just get an AR or equivalent and pack along an intermediate round.

Only case I would disagree is if you're gonna leg it and expect to be out for a long while.
>>
>>33272494
Hoarding niggers and the cucks who pay them.
>>
>>33272549

I'm happy I live in a spot that is so saturated with 22. Only spend 19 after tax on a box of 500, been like that for the last few yrs. ALWAYS in stocked, no limit per person either.
>>
>>33272836
Where do you live, I'm going to move there?
>>
Just ordered a brick and a half of CCI standard for 7 cents a round and free shipping. Define expensive.
>>
>>33272549
>$0.40cpr 22lr
Where the fuck is it that much?
>>
>>33272566
barely, there is only about a 5 cent difference between 22lr and 9mm now.
>>
>>33272886

WA. The spot I live in, I can get in my car and within 15 mins be at bass pro, cabelas, dicks, or like 8 or 9 smaller gun shops. So ppl been competitive about prices and shit.
>>
>>33272494
people pay it
>>33272549
>>33272604
>>33272947
Yes, but he's either retarded and meant to type $20 instead of $200 or is just being facetious.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.