[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have the magpul SGA for their mossberg? I just got one,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Mossberg-Magpul-stock.jpg (855KB, 1200x684px) Image search: [Google]
Mossberg-Magpul-stock.jpg
855KB, 1200x684px
Anyone have the magpul SGA for their mossberg? I just got one, and I'm trying to use the extenders but the screw that secures them will just not thread all the way down in. anyone else have this issue? how 2 fix?
>>
>>33272265
are you sure the holes are lined up?
>>
File: 1467445555540.jpg (125KB, 1024x791px) Image search: [Google]
1467445555540.jpg
125KB, 1024x791px
>>33272265
I'd just call or email fagpul
>>
>>33272320
They are, I can see clear through. The screw has threading at the very tip, and once it gets past the buttpad slide it can't seem to reach the threading at the other end of the stock.

It goes in just fine without the buttpad slide in, and again it's lined up even when it is in, so I'm not entirely sure

>>33272329
I will if I absolutely cannot get it to thread for the life of me, just hoping someone here has a solution first
>>
File: moss 500.jpg (2MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
moss 500.jpg
2MB, 3456x5184px
>>33272265
Ya. Can you thread them with out the extenders? I had no issues installing them.
>>
>>33272420
Yup, it threads fine without. The problem seems like it somehow adds width to the stock so that the screw can't reach all the way through, because again I can see through the hole just fine. Beat it a few times to be sure

Would some hammer tapping be a bad idea? don't think it's threaded on anything until it reaches the other side, so it probably wouldn't strip it but I dunno
>>
this might be a stupid question but are you inserting the screw into the same side you removed it from?
>>
>>33272464
lol yeah but I've done some dumb shit like that before
>>
>>33272428
I wouldnt hammer it. Have tried pushing against the little metal insert on the opposite side while screwing it in?
>>
>>33272492
Yeah but all that's there is threading to receive it, nothing I can actually hold still or push in
>>
>>33272525
Get a dowel. Also make sure which ever section of the back plate you're using is big enough to fit the screw.
>>
>>33272542
it's definitely big enough, it's the original piece and goes in just fine without the extender slide in
>>
Also I tested it and it doesn't work with ANY extensions, just the slide in with the piece you can't remove

what the fucc
>>
>>33272720
at this point you question if you got the right parts or if the extensions are for an ar or other gun
>>
>>33273459
It's all correct, I think the insert is just slightly defective. I managed to get 3 extension plates in by REALLY pushing the screw in down to the threading. Couldn't quite do it with the remaining plates, but whatever, it'll work for now. Prob better off with the shorter LOP anyway, all the plates equal the same length as the default stock
>>
>>33272265
I had the exact same problem with my 870 stock. Im telling you my friend all you need to do is grab a trusty flathead screwdriver, some elbow grease, and dedicate about ten minutes of your time.
it will be frustrating.
you will want to quit.
do not quit.
push down hard my friend it will work eventually
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.