[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pistol Groupings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6302.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6302.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
How the fuck do I fix my pistol groupings /k/? This shit is all over the fucking place. It's not like I can't shoot, my rifle groupings are great.

What kind of drills and training do you guys do to fix this?
>>
>>33272260
Here's another grouping at 15 yard with my CZ-75, and while it's a better grouping, it's still not good.
>>
File: IMG_6364.jpg (1MB, 2675x2951px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6364.jpg
1MB, 2675x2951px
>>33272278
Forgot pic.
>>
What do you shoot? At what range?
>>
Also, the mechanics of firing a pistol compared to Rifle differ, you could just be unsteady as fuck
>>
>>33272299
Both are the CZ I should have said
>>
>strong focus on front sight
>keep a firm and consistent grip, never "milking" your hands after each shot
>avoid coming off target after each shot to see how you're doing and constantly focus on the front sight until you're out of rounds

These are general suggestions as diagnosing pistol shooting over the internet is near impossible
>>
>>33272321
Asked*** God my train of thought is a mess... I need a coffee
>>
>>33272299
HK P30 and CZ-75b at 15 yards.
>>
File: 1452298350294.png (40KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
1452298350294.png
40KB, 626x626px
>>33272260
>>
>>33272260
Go back to the fundamentals. Start by slowing the fuck down. If you took less than 5 minutes to fire all those rounds at that target in your first pic, you're going too fast.

Work on accuracy, speed comes later.

Grip, stance, sight picture, breathing, squeeze- make sure each element is correct before you let off the shot. All of that means you have to take your time for each shot. And you have to do it a bunch. You're training yourself how to be accurate, that takes time, patience, and practice.

Since you're already at 15 yards, keep practicing at that distance until you get golf-ball sized groups. Then back it up to 25 yards and never go back to 15 yards again.

Once you get consistently good at 25 yards, hang some tennis and golf balls on string at that distance. Get good at hitting the hanging balls. Then bring dice, and start rolling for which ball you're going to shoot.

That's how you work on your speed while keeping your accuracy.
>>
>>33272714
This
Pistol problems are 95% user error
>>
>>33272260
Forget about aiming. It matters fuck all if you can aim well if you're jerking the trigger and pulling the shots off the mark every time.

Dry fire without aiming until you can pull the trigger without moving the gun. Then raise it and continue dry firing, don't aim. After you can hold it steady while dry firing, load it with some rounds and fire without aiming.

Do that until you're comfortable with the gun and can shoot without jerking and then you can start working on your aiming.
>>
>>33272911
That is assuming that you have the proper grip and trigger finger placement down. Look those up jewgle or something, good demonstrations on jewtube as well.
>>
There are plenty of ways to diagnose flinching and this is an eye opening read on dryfiring, which many people don't take as seriously as they should when trying to improve as a shooter.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?7708-Dry-Practice-Misconceptions-Updated-12-04-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxyTFzgWjhk&t
>>
>>33272260
>milking

>>33272291
>anticipating
>>
>>33272260
Consistent stance, draw, grip, and trigger pull. Your groupings are influenced mostly by your sight alignment and trigger control. Align your sights (equal height, equal light) and smoothly press the trigger, at a consistent rate until it breaks, then reset quickly and repeat of necessary.

The most common mistakes people make are not lining the signs before the press, DO NOT do that thing where the sights are moving and you pull at the moment they're on target, you'll always throw the shot. DO NOT jerk the trigger, a quick consistent pull that doesn't throw the sights can come with experience, until you have that skill you should try to move your trigger finger independently from the rest of your hand that's gripping the gun.

GUNS DO NOT RECOIL. Convince yourself of this and you'll be shooting epic groups in no time. Don't let this meme of "recoil" intimidate you, the gun isn't going to fly out of your fucking hand and smack you in the face. Just grip tightly but not so tight that your hands start shaking as that will throw your sights.

Your goal is to balance speed and accuracy. Focus on accuracy first, this too will come with experience. Dry fire drills help a lot, practice your sight alignment and smooth press, try to press the trigger without moving the sights at all.
>>
>>33272714
I'm going to disagree with a good amount of this.
15 yards as a starting off point is inappropriate. Run dot torture at three yards. Clean it? Run it at five. Clean it? Run it at seven. Clean it? Congratulations, you're a better shot than 99% of gun owners. But seriously, there's a million and one drills that can help address fundamentals. Dry fire (done correctly) is important.
I'd be cautious of a slow fire only approach. Your grip, stance and sight tracking won't be tested or address firing one round every ten seconds.
Also, I'm sure you mistyped, but a trigger is pressed; there should be no "squeezing".
>>
>>33273307
>>33272260

This!

I bet none of these mongoloids are shooting golf ball groups at 25 yards with their handguns.

OP pistol shooting takes lots of practice, go slow focus on consistent sight picture and trigger pull and you'll get better.
>>
>>33273307
>Also, I'm sure you mistyped, but a trigger is pressed; there should be no "squeezing".

Pardon my syntax. When I was qualifying on the 1911 in boot camp, the instructors were adamant that you squeeze the trigger. Not pull or jerk, no tugging or yanking, and certainly not pressing. Squeezing.

Nomenclature changes, the concepts behind it don't- a slow, steady application of pressure until it fires.

I'm sure your method has some use, I just don't see it. You're advocating for OP to run before he can walk, but only focusing on sprints so to speak.

Can you seriously not hit a golfball at 25 yards? Sounds like you need to revisit some of the fundamentals, yourself.
>>
>>33272260
I got good at pistol shooting from competitions. For grouping I would start at 7 yards and just shoot a lot. Your first group looks like you are pulling/flinching for it to be stringing down.
Just focus on getting better and shoot. It takes time.
>>
>>33272448
>thinking about hotaru
Which hotaru
>>
>>33272260
DRY FIRE
F
I
R
E
>>
File: Gramps.jpg (69KB, 450x576px) Image search: [Google]
Gramps.jpg
69KB, 450x576px
>>33275346
>When I was qualifying on the 1911 in boot camp

Take your meds grandpa, and Laurence Welk is on in the TV room.
>>
>>33272260
I shoot like this when I'm just having fun and going too fast. Just slow down and focus on fundamentals, shoot more and more. I see consistent improvements when I do that.
>>
>>33275916
Already took my meds, now I'm fixin to blast some AC/DC whilst I sit down and play with this new Scrivener software I just downloaded.

>grandpa

Which one are you from? The stripper in San Diego or the barkeep in Portland? Or is your grandmother one of the South America girls? I kinda lose track. Anyhow, next time you see her tell her I said hi.

Now git off my lawn.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.