[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Hollywood Shootout thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

>Three Kalashnikov rifles, an AR, a 9mm pistol, and an HK91
>Over three thousand rounds of ammunition
>Covered head to toe in armor
>were determined to fight to the death
>Police were completely unprepared for a fight and only had 9mm pistols and a 12 Gauge shotgun.
>Cops killed: 0
What happened /k/?
>>
Weren't they really fucked up on drugs?
>>
>>33271719
Yeah they took downers when they should have took uppers
>>
>>33271712

That's what you get when you don't really train for shit. Plus they seem to not really use the sights, instead shot from the hip.
>>
>>33271712
They sprayed wildly, couldn't see shit because of headgear, and probably high as fuck on adrenaline.
>>
File: 1448655757428.gif (3MB, 351x197px) Image search: [Google]
1448655757428.gif
3MB, 351x197px
>>33271712
They where retarded and fell for the full auto meme. The police had time to get a plan together because the Shooter's AK's kept overheating from full auto fire. Also I am pretty sure they where on drugs during the shootout which isn't a good idea. Sp just general incompetence and not knowing what they where doing.
>>
>>33271730
>>33271746
Yeah they took barbiturates to calm them but they probably worked too well
>>
>>33271719
No, the drugs they took to calm their nerves wore off pretty quick; the autopsy could only find trace ammounts in their blood.

The big thing was that they were shooting to supress not kill. Also they coyuld have gotten away with the cash had they not tried to transfer all the guns into the second getaway car.

Also, the gunstore owner that helped the cops got fucked over hard by the ATF. So yeah.
>>
>>33271712
I like how their full auto shootout was a liberal wet dream of assault weapons yet they managed to kill no one. It just goes to show you it's not the weapon that causes a large death toll but the person behind it who does.
>>
>>33271776

> Guns store and ATF

What happened?!
>>
>>33271712
They thought they could re-enact heat but they forgot that 3-5 round bursts and sights were a thing. Being high as fuck on downers didn't help either.
They did a great job of keeping people's heads down, but not much else.
>>
>>33271783
Kek, it also took place during the assault weapons ban.
>>
>>33271802
IIRC, the cops stormed a nearby funstore and basically said "give us the guns" and the gun store owner, being a good person, complied.

The ATF fucked him over for not running background checks or something similar.
>>
>>33271824
You mean not running background checks on the cops he was giving guns to?
>>
>>33271839
Yeah.
Or at least that's the story. Don't know if it's true or not.
>>
>>33271802
Back in those innocent times thee only had shotguns and handguns in the patrol cars. They did diddly dick to the perps' kevlar pajamas. Some gunstore onwer lent them a few durrslayers and got fucked over waiting periods for long guns or something stupid like that.
>>
>>33271802
>>33271824
Sounds like fuddlore. I can't find anything confirming it. The myth is that the California DOJ prosecuted them for not going through with the 10 day waiting period for the cops which is pretty silly. The real story that I can find is that the California Attorney General prosecuted the gun shop a few years later because they were defrauding customers by overcharging for private party transfer fees and "storage fees."
>>
File: 1489183976737.jpg (45KB, 374x503px) Image search: [Google]
1489183976737.jpg
45KB, 374x503px
>>33271849
>im sorry officers, youll need to wait 3 days until I can give you these rifles.
>damnit man! Peoples lives are in danger! You can save their lives!
>...oh...ok....i guess i can help...
>meanwhile at the ATF office...
>>
>>33271846
then stop repeating it. Either verify it and share it or disprove it and bury it.
>>
>>33271712
They were shooting illegally modified semi auto rifles with no stocks. The HK was hit with a bullet and taken out of the fight. You know how fucking hard an AK47 is to control full auto with no stock?
>>
>>33271712
bad shooting, drugs and insane luck on the cop's part. IIRC a few got hit but none of them lethally.

They seriously could not have fucked it up any worse. If they were sober and fired in controlled bursts they would have probably killed SCORES of cops and firearms laws would probably even stricter than they are in cali today. Everyone got really lucky on that front
>>
>>33271783
That's why we need to ban ALL guns, anon.
>>
I thought they killed 2 officers?
Also, props to 'em for giving the pigs one hell of a fight
>>
>>33271803
>hey thought they could re-enact heat
so they saw a movie from the future?
>>
>>33272150
The cops also borrowed an armored car from an armored car company so they could evacuate some of the wounded under fire.
>>
>>33272252
Heat was 95. Shootout was 97. There's a popular myth that the police searched their apartment after the fact and found copies of Heat on VHS. Some versions of the myth say that Heat was in the VCR.
>>
>>33271712
They were fucked as soon as the helicopter got on the scene.
>>
>>33272252
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113277/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

/k/ never ceases to amaze.
>>
>>33271712
They were on muscle relaxants. Phillips was the one who thought it was Payday 2 :|. Emil (I'm not going to try to type out his last name) was just following along.

Their major failures:

>> Not GTFOing when they made it to their car in the parking lot after first engaging the police. Phillips was on some kind of rush and decided to stay and fight. Even if they left in the car there may have been a drawn out chase or something like that, so whether or not this is a fail is dubious.

>> Not aiming. If you watch the footage, they seldom shoulder the weapons and are just spraying. There were cops pinned down all over the place behind light cover. There were even helos they could have brought down if they wanted to really meme on the LAPD

>> They weren't on drugs that seriously diminished their ability to make decent decisions, they were just untrained. This was their first encounter of strong resistance from the police. The muscle relaxants / barbs were to numb the pain from bullet impacts to the armor and to steady their nerves.

Then again, I don't know of any toxicology reports floating around, so they may have been super fucked up too.
>>
>>33272254
Should've run over the perps just for shiggles.
>>
>>33272418
You know, this sounds like a good idea

>car is too slow and unmanueverable to hit a running pedestrian in tight quarters
>7.62x39 steel case can't penetrate the car
>chase the perps around parked cars and other obstacles continuously until the SWAT team arrives and kills them
>>
>>33271849
The ATF is a federal entity, the 10 day waiting period is a California state law, it would have to be enforced by a state entity.

I'm pretty sure the 10 day thing didn't exist back then, it was the 90's. Plus it existed for handguns before longuns. There's an exception for police as well, they don't have to wait the 10 days. As much as I want to believe it, it was probably made up by an anti-califag. Unless we find the owner's name and look up the case, and also see if he was actually convicted not just charged, I call BS. Kind of funny to think about though.
>>
>>33272239
Yeah, brops to the guys who got more guns banned in Cali.

Guys what if.... it was a false flag.......
>>
>>33272623
Alex Jones please go...
>>
>>33272254
Evacuating people is messy and disgusting business.
>>
File: g3.jpg (48KB, 575x437px) Image search: [Google]
g3.jpg
48KB, 575x437px
https://www.thefreelibrary.com/NOHO+SHOOTOUT+GUN+SHOP+GOES+BANKRUPT.-a083012785
be advised, some paragraphs ommited
>NORTH HOLLYWOOD - B&B Sales, the well-known San Fernando Valley gun store that helped arm police during the 1997 North Hollywood bank robbery shootout, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy Thursday.

>Previously, the chain hoped to emerge from reorganization under Chapter 11 protection from its creditors, but was unable to turn a profit and instead elected to liquidate.

>According to Bankruptcy Court filings, revenues topped out at $23 million during its heyday, when 50 employees staffed its two stores. At its North Hollywood location on Oxnard Street, target shooters and law enforcement personnel alike stocked up from a wide selection of handguns, rifles and shotguns.

>The Los Angeles Police Department became B&B's most visible consumer during the notorious North Hollywood shootout, when cops borrowed high-powered semiautomatic rifles and shotguns from the dealer to do battle with body-armored bank robbers who had superior firepower.
> high-powered semiautomatic rifles
woo scary...

>B&B later auctioned off the guns and donated proceeds to the LAPD Memorial Fund.

>But while the company remained a high-profile dealer, its finances were in turmoil.
>>
File: Jewjitsu.jpg (42KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
Jewjitsu.jpg
42KB, 500x373px
>In 1993, relations between its founders, brothers Bob and Barry Kahn, soured. This led to litigation between the two over control of the company in 1994, eventually leading to a settlement in 1997 that left the business in the hands of Bob Kahn and his wife, Kathleen. It also racked up $1.75 million in legal and accounting fees, the first cited cause of the bankruptcy.

>According to the filing, at this time, Barry Kahn engaged in illegal activities that would have endangered B&B's licenses and which later got him locked up in federal prison. The filing further alleges that he bought substantial inventory against Bob Kahn's wishes, which then had to be liquidated at a loss for $425,000. Bad investments followed, and all the while the company found itself with increasing legal headaches.
>>
File: shirt-awb.jpg (70KB, 575x523px) Image search: [Google]
shirt-awb.jpg
70KB, 575x523px
>Beyond that, anti-gun legislation by the city has hurt.

>``Gun businesses are dropping like flies in the city of Los Angeles,'' said Chuck Michel, a spokesman for the California Rifle and Pistol Association and a lawyer who represented B&B in past lawsuits. ``They have ridiculous taxes, ridiculous expenses and it's impossible to find employees to get their permits approved. The simple truth is that they've litigated this store to death, which is what they always wanted to do.''

>Two of B&B's past legal difficulties are cited in the filing. A lawsuit filed by various municipalities in 1999, prosecuting various dealers and manufacturers as contributing to a public nuisance, tied up more funds in legal fees. Last March, agents from the California Department of Justice raided both of B&B's facilities, alleging that the dealer had defrauded gun buyers.

>``B&B believes that these acts were a blatant, premeditated and orchestrated attempt to destroy B&B,'' the filing reads.

>Hallye Jordan, a spokeswoman for the Justice Department, disputed this, saying the department had turned up numerous complaints that the firm had charged buyers for personal transfers of firearms, a transaction that should be free.

>``We got some complaints from consumers that they were being charged these fees, then we did some sting operations where our agents were overcharged, as well,'' Jordan said. ``We talked to the owners and advised them that was illegal. They were warned, which is what led to the search warrants being served.''

>All these factors led the company to file for Chapter 11 protection last August, attorney Jeffrey Shinbrot said, when B&B sought to reorganize its finances. Things even looked up for a bit, when interest in guns rallied after Sept. 11.
>>
File: 50shadesofbluing.jpg (213KB, 1280x847px) Image search: [Google]
50shadesofbluing.jpg
213KB, 1280x847px
>Kahn told the Daily News last month that Assembly Bill 106, which went into effect Jan. 1 and which requires trigger locks for all guns sold in California, hurt business further. Since the devices were in short supply, his sales were severely curtailed, which Shinbrot said was a factor in the decision to liquidate.

>Other local gun dealers agreed that tougher gun laws made business difficult.

>``I'd have to agree that they're trying to make it difficult on us, but our business has been relatively pretty good,'' said Gene Lumsden, vice president of operations for Turner's Outdoorsman. ``I think they're running out of things to do. The only thing they can do is finally say we just don't want you to own guns anymore, and then people will know what their true agenda is.''

>``You would not believe the various and sundry taxes and fees, surcharges and licenses - they call them all kinds of different names,'' he said. ``What they're trying to do is tax us out of the business.''

>But according to Stuart Adler, assistant manager of The Firing Line, a gun shop and firing range in Northridge, the laws don't restrict business to impossible levels.

>``It's a lot of pain, but we're seeing a good rate of gun sales,'' he said. ``People resent the fact they need to buy a lock, but a good salesman's a good salesman. I'm a conservative, but I don't think anything will happen. It's difficult, but I think that the laws are OK. Some of them just aren't implemented well.''
>>
>>33273190
>But according to Stuart Adler, assistant manager of The Firing Line, a gun shop and firing range in Northridge, the laws don't restrict business to impossible levels.
>``It's a lot of pain, but we're seeing a good rate of gun sales,'' he said. ``People resent the fact they need to buy a lock, but a good salesman's a good salesman. I'm a conservative, but I don't think anything will happen. It's difficult, but I think that the laws are OK. Some of them just aren't implemented well.

>February 15, 2002

"Hey fellow frogs jump in the water is warm but surely it won't heat up more"
>>
>>33272592

It did. In The Terminator (1984), a waiting period is even mentioned before Arnold blasts the gun dealer. Just on pistols back then iirc
>>
>>33272495

Cue the music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
>>
>>33274052
top kek
>>
>>33272211
This.
>explain to libtard how a piece of string can make a reciprocating bolt semi auto a machinegun
>well we should ban those then
>explain straight up auto sears
>we should ban all semi autos then
>explain garage sten guns
>they just sort of shut down for a while before a hotfix from CTR comes in
>>
File: 1485814209400.gif (823KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485814209400.gif
823KB, 200x200px
>>33271746
Whatever you said reminds me of the Vietnam GI.
>>
File: 57c185503.jpg (86KB, 673x376px) Image search: [Google]
57c185503.jpg
86KB, 673x376px
>>33272846
>imbglyink
>>
>>33273092

Wow the American equivalent of the somali gun merchant from black hawk down went bankrupt

fucking atf
>>
>>33273284
Wow, why would a place where guns put peoples lives at risk want to get rid of guns?
That would be like killing pigs in reaction to a swine flu outbreak, thereby making pork more expensive.
Absolutely insane.
>>
>>33275955
????(?)
>>
>>33275955
Forcing someone out of business with litigation is pretty shitty and totally anti freedom. I'd expect that from chinks, norks and eurabians, not from murriclaps.
>>
>>33272239
No they only wounded some police officers.
>>
>>33271712
i'm losing my grip, m8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW5oGRx9CLM
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.