[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick silent death?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

I'm fascinated lately with life and death and was wondering what is the quickest most silent way to die.

Take for example hanging... it's silent alright, although the person stays there struggling for quite a while.
Then there's the carotid arteries, said to end one's life in under 30 seconds, if severed... of course, many times the person is screaming while chocking on their own blood.
And then there's the most fascinating death I've ever seen in the animal kingdom... which was a jaguar sinking it's mandible in the nape of a croc killing it in under a second without any sound.

Just wow. How does that work?
>>
Let the bodies hit the...

*psh psh*
>>
>>33270717
>although the person stays there struggling for quite a while.
Not if you do it right.
PROTIP: the goal is a broken neck, not suffocation.

Also, don't cut yourself on that edge.
>>
>>33270717
The more fascinating thing is keeping a person alive who is dying.
>>
>Take for example hanging... it's silent alright
No, its really not. Hit up liveleak or something, there's a lot of gurgling and choking.
Also why do you write with all those pauses and ellipsis? Is it so you can catch your breath and use your inhaler?
>>
>>33270737
This.

As for a silent and quick kill, despite what video games would teach you a blunt object to the head with enough force will instantly incapacitate a target, if not outright kill it. If you wanna be extra sure take a crow's beak hammer and strike with the beak.
You can use a rondel dagger, or any spike-like blade much to the same effect, if you strike at the base of the skull, but that takes much more precision and is more cucceptible to a glancing blow. Why risk it, when you can simply bash someone's skull in.
>>
>>33270834
While on this topic I was wondering just 10 minutes ago what can be used as a rather cheap test target to simulate a human skull. I want to try batons and clubs to see how much you can actually "bash someone's skull in" with those weapons.
Right now I'm thinking coconuts. Anyone got input on the matter?
>>
>>33270859
Polymer batons are designed to not be desn enough to actually bash a skull in.
Wood depends on the density but you're easier set getting an iron head for a wooden handle instead of buying expensive dense woods.
Even cheaper, just get a fucking carpenter hammer, the nail remover emulates a crow beak pretty good.
It's also a tool so it's relatively inconspicuous and it's cheap, easy to find and reasonably small.
Please note that head trauma will have your victim fall to the floor, all depends on what kind of silence you want to achieve.

Also silence is pretty useless if you get blood all over you and are unable to escape in a crowd.
>>
>>33271063
I was thinking mostly about steel telescopic batons, not the cop kind. As for wood, you'd be suprised how much energy you can transfer with proper technique and a beech wood baton. I occasionally practice on car tires and there are huge, visible ripples across the surface upon striking, and mind you tires have a steel mesh reinforcement. It might not break a skull if you hit it on the thicker sides, but I'm quite confident you can shatter the sides of the eye socket or the base and back of the skull. Not to mention that the force itself is enough to cause lethal trauma, even if it doesn't breach the skull.
That being said something forward weighted, like a hammer or a bat will perform better in visibly fracturing a skull, obviously.
I think it's also worth mentioning that a blunt strike with far lesser force (and therfore impact noise) at the neck, where the vagus nerve is located will instantly knockout an opponent leaving them open to a coup de grace at your discretion.

Obviously neither of these options will allow you to "stealth kill" two guards standing a few meters apart, but that only happens in video games. I'm no expert in covert ops, that's for sure, but given my martial knowledge I don't think "stelath killing" as presented in pop culture is feasible unless you're working with a squad of people to coordinate simultaneous attacks.
>>
>>33270717

I heard that knife requires a team of surgeons to close the wound.
>>
>>33270717
>Take for example hanging... it's silent alright, although the person stays there struggling for quite a while

Only if they don't drop them from high enough to break their neck.

That being said, you forgot neck breaking. And piercing the brain.
>>
>>33271238
Look there's a difference between breaking face bones and actually cracking the skull.
You're talking about a silent kill, so I was thinking about severe enough trauma that the victim just falls to the ground and had their brain shutdown quickly from hemorragy.
Steel batons are a cut above polymer batons but at this point, why not get a proper solid cudgel? You're going for stealth, not frontal assault so the small reach you gain isn't worth it.
Why use a half measure when the good option is a hardware store tool?
Aiming for the spine is acceptable and supposedly less noisy than bopping on a skull but you gotta aim at a weird angle, it's less instinctive.
Nothing can come close to a videogame takedown is terms of stealth, killing is either noisy or messy, your best bet to emulate that is the subduction with garrot/headbag and then killing but unless you have great physical dominance, them resisiting is gonna make sound.

The less noisy and less complicated option is blunt trauma to the skull/cervical vertebrae.
A more complicated option is jamming a spike under the back of the skull above the spine in the rachis hole, that ought to kill quicker but it's threading a needle.
Something that's quick (actually the quickest believe it or not) and easier to aim for is a long knife/stiletto to the heart between ribs, but that doesn't stop a dying scream, and it's hard to pull your weapon out if you don't do it right.

All in all this is a lot of fucking speculation. Given the choice I'd take my carpenter hammer and try to wwait before they exhale before bashing the occipital bone vertically. It's the way you're the most likely to not fuck up due to stress and stress is obviously and issue because you're not a professional because a professional doesn't put himself in situations where he needs absolute discretion and only has melee options.
>>
>>33270763
see
>>33270737
>>
You guys hear of that tiger that evolved so that it could pierce the soft part of the back of a human skull with it's teeth? Like it was DESIGNED to do that to people.
That's so messed up...
Jamie, pull up that video.
>>
>>33270737
Came here to post this
>>
File: 1421929709424.png (75KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1421929709424.png
75KB, 184x184px
>>33271270
>>
>>33270717

Only time a hanging takes that long, is if the dumbass did not calculate the right amount of rope. Instead of it snapping your neck when you fall, it just ended up giving you bad whiplash as the rope strangles your ass to death.
>>
File: IMG_5317.jpg (38KB, 266x397px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5317.jpg
38KB, 266x397px
>>33271473
Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't suggesting theuse of a baton, I was just wondering of a suitable test target that emulates a skull on which I intend to test batons because that's one of the things I'm currently practicing with.

Other than that, we're on the same page, I was going to mention a stab in the heart in my previous post, but figured it was redundant, as it would require at the very least gagging the victim and would cause absurd amounts of bleeding. I already gave my verdict on the "spike to the base of the skull" matter. Few things can compare to a good ol' bash across the noggin, or indeed, the cervical area of the spine.
>>
Knee them directly in the small of their back.
This only works if you actually manage to get them in a hold from behind.
No blood.
>>
>>33270717
How has no one said one small caliber, suppressed pistol round between the eyes or in the temple.
>>
>>33270717
The problem here is that the fastest ways to be killed tend to involve a lot of force, which tend to create a lot of noise. Explosive compression or decompression, decapitation, electric discharged etc. You also haven't remotely qualified your threshold for "silence"

It's not a very good question, and you're not going to accomplish much if you don't think concretely about the circumstances of the life or lives you're fantasizing about ending. I hope this is for groundhog infestation, or durr, and not a juvenile power fantasy.
>>
>>33271862
Because suppressed pistols are still loud. Even integrally canned MKIIs still give a distinct crack.
>>
>>33270717
>underage the post
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDGHKyB3T_U
>>
File: 55494269.jpg (216KB, 968x1043px) Image search: [Google]
55494269.jpg
216KB, 968x1043px
>>33270717
are you gay (homosexual) ?
>>
File: 011.jpg (605KB, 723x920px) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
605KB, 723x920px
btw. vacuum should be the quickest and the most silent way. for extra fun: add minus 455 degrees fahrenheit.
>>
>>33271862
>>33271892
And it has to be shitty subsonic ammo on top of that. Honestly, chucking a spear to the base of the skull would be easier than trying to use a suppressed bitch-bullet to kill a person.
>>
File: edgy faggot fat kid.jpg (61KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
edgy faggot fat kid.jpg
61KB, 600x800px
>>33270717
>I'm fascinated lately with life and death and was wondering what is the quickest most silent way to die.
>has fat hands
>likely wears all black as often as he can

OP, why do walking stereotypes like you exist?
>>
>>33270717
>I'm fascinated lately with life and death and was wondering what is the quickest most silent way to die.

Edgy. What are you like a 15yr old goth?

BTW, the knife in that pic will probably not penetrate more than an inch or two.
>>
>>33271270
No one has ever been stabbed by that ridiculous "knife."
>>
>>33270717
jumping from a cliff or something like that
>>
>>33270717
death by diving bell accident
>>
>>33270733
fpbp
>>
>>33271283
This

The Axis is the weak link of the spine, when learned properly snapping a neck is quite effective, but not exactly practical
>>
>>33273351
As much as it seems like a joke, this is actually a pretty good answer.
>>
>>33270717

Anything involving explosions, massive changes in air pressure/water pressure, direct gamma ray, incredibly hard hit to head.
>>
>>33271270
tridaggers are a bitch, normal 3 sided blades are outlawed because they alone are very hard to patch up. But tridaggers have a twist to the blade, If you get cut deep with it, you're basically fucked
>>
>>33272800
Point #3 relies on it not being his picture, and point #3 relies on it being his picture.
But something you neglected to include is his ellipsis overuse.
>>
>>33272785
Vacuums don't have a temperature. If anything, you're being cooked by radiation from the sun and overheating since there is no matter to transfer the heat from you.

I guess it's kind of a moot point since you're unconscious in like a 60-90 seconds.
>>
>>33273653
The human body actually loses a lot of heat in a vacuum through evaporation.
>>
>>33272800
It wouldn't be a stereotype if they didn't.
>>
>>33270717
Goddamn I thought summerfags weren't due for another four months.
>>
>>33272800
>notices the fat hand
>doesn't notice the 9gag watermark
>imagines clothing preference based off of a single paragraph not mentioning clothing once
Anon, why do walking stereotypes like you exist?
>>
>>33270717
Proper hanging breaks the neck rather thoroughly and "kills" instantly.

You never cut just the carotid. you insert the blade in front of the vertebrae just below the adams apple and punch forward. Severing the common carotid, jugular, and some nerves(part of brachial plexus, phrenic, etc). unconsciousness occurs in only a few seconds and screaming is impossible if done right due to the throat full of blood and partially or totally paralyzed diaphragm. they just kinda thrash around and gurgle.

Some mafia preformed hits in a similar way by stabbing an icepick into an individuals ear, temporal bone, or base of the skull where is meets the neck.

>>33273514
only if your opponent is unaware and you complete the move quickly and thoroughly. a fit individual has a surprisingly strong neck and you have to break said neck very thoroughly. there are many different ways and degrees to which an individual can break their neck, even the classical hangmans injury occurs fairly frequently in car accidents and is rarely fatal. you have to literally twist the head so much that the shearing causes serious trauma to the spinal cord or break it to the point that the bones themselves cause an internal decapitation.
>>
>>33273585
Well it'll basically open up a big hole as opposed to a narrow cut. It's a bitch because there's a much greater chance it'll hit a major organ
>>
>>33270717
>most silent
probably hanging
>quickest
something you wouldn't be able to achieve, like a relativistic-speed bullet or being exposed to temperatures similar to the inside of the Sun
as for humanly achievable, a sniper round
>quickest and most silent
probably high-power microwave lasers directed as several key areas at the same time, or a massive massive dose of ionizing radiation
>>
>>33270717
anon is everything ok
>>
File: welrodd.jpg (25KB, 448x268px) Image search: [Google]
welrodd.jpg
25KB, 448x268px
Welrod shot in contact with the back of the skull.
>>
>>33270717
I hear there's a move that causes the most silent but deadly death, it's rumoured to be called "the Dutch oven"
>>
>>33270750
This. I wish there was a /med/, or at least that EMT threads were more common on /k/
>>
>>33275755
You wanna know the secret to stopping trauma? A.B.C. Airway, Breathing, and Circulation. If one of those things goes, the body is on a path to shutdown. So clear the airway, make sure they're breathing, and make sure their blood is circulating without squirting out of them. If it is, stop it: direct pressure (with gauze or similar), elevation (lift above heart level), and pressure points (press down on the artery leading to the wound, tourniquet only if all the above don't work, or you need a speedy patch so you can escape the danger zone, tourniquets are mostly a meme and the surgeon will yell at you if you put it on something not so serious)
>>
File: 1475968851270.png (251KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1475968851270.png
251KB, 600x450px
>>33272785
>for extra fun: add minus 455 degrees fahrenheit.
WHAT IS SPECIFIC HEAT

Seriously, I didn't even graduate highschool. Go put some tinfoil in the over, heat that shit to 350 degrees Fuckyou, and grab it. WHAT? YOU'RE NOT BURNED? WHAT IS THIS MAGIC?

The tinfoil doesn't have enough mass to store enough energy (at 350 degrees) to heat your hand, which has significantly more mass, to the point where you will be burned.

Now let's consider space. Heat as you hopefully know, goes from the thing with energy, to the thing with less of it. Do you think the energy needed to bring that single hydrogen atom you came in contact with to 98 degrees is going to freeze you? Or even noticeably cool you? No it fucking won't.

Yes, space _technically_ approaches 0 degrees Karambit, but in reality it actually works like an insulator.

You know that nice metal tube that keeps your coffee warm? There's a partial vacuum in there, because of the magic of specific heat, vacuums work as INSULATORS even though if you were to try to calculate their temperature, they would be quite cold.
>>
File: punch.gif (15KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
punch.gif
15KB, 266x400px
>>33270717
>>
>>33276104
>Karambit
Did your phone actually correct kelvin to karambit, or is this a meme with a particular exotic relationship

Either way is pretty good
>>
>>33276384
Weaklings get out.
>>
>>33276683
No, I just like to make up words. Generally I go with degrees Freedom, degrees Science (spoken), degrees Centipede, or degrees Klingon.

I thought Karambit was more appropriate for the audience.
>>
A sap filled with fine lead shot would be dense, heavy and almost silent.
>>
Maybe wait until you're in 9th grade to post here champ
>>
>>33270717
>Take for example hanging... it's silent alright

No the hell it isn't.

Is this pasta? I feel like I've seen it before.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.