[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was Yugoslavia thinking with this piece of shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: M72AB1-6.jpg (31KB, 1024x258px) Image search: [Google]
M72AB1-6.jpg
31KB, 1024x258px
What the fuck was Yugoslavia thinking with this piece of shit?
>>
>Serbs
>thinking

Pick one
>>
Having never seen or held one, the first thing that comes to mind is size and weight. RPK's are already heavier and bigger than regular AK's, cutting down on both while not affecting performance seems like a good idea. Why would it not be a good idea?
>>
>>33270293
Thetruth.jpg
>>
>>33270258
Compact RPK sounds awesome to me.
>>
>>33270351
The downside to this is that RPKs are predominantly front heavy. Remove rear weight and now you've got a rifle that is that much harder to keep on target offhand. Granted, it's meant to be shot primarily from the bipod so it's less of an issue but still
>>
>>33270393
I see your point completely, but in my mind that would be a non-issue because as you stated; it's meant to be used with the bipod. I'd buy it.
>>
>>33270372
so throw some sort of removable bipod in your bag for the few times all that extra weight up front could actually be handy and not a huge hindrance
>also underfolder
doubling down on the stupid
still a cool rifle and regret not picking one up for well under 1000 a few years ago
>>
>>33270258
An AK with a thicker trunnion and barrel?

Better groups?
>>
>>33270258
>What the fuck was Yugoslavia thinking with this piece of shit?
>remove Kebab
>>
>>33270408
>Better groups?
You need to check your ammo FAR before you blame your gun.
762x39 has huge gaps in quality between the cheapo brands.
>>
>tfw I just bought one for 1800

kek
>>
File: laughing fat guy from seinfeld.gif (987KB, 229x176px) Image search: [Google]
laughing fat guy from seinfeld.gif
987KB, 229x176px
>>33270536
>tfw I just bought one for 1800

For that?!?!
>>
File: large.jpg (120KB, 1024x742px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
120KB, 1024x742px
>>33270558
Last one I can find that sold was sold complete with a US made barrel not built for 1500.

The one I bought was built by Two Rivers Arms (top tier builder) and used a Virgin M72 barrel. So for the price I thought it was pretty good.

>tfw it has a quick removable bipod
>>
>>33270568
>tfw it has a quick removable bipod

Oh, well fuck, nevermind. It's totally worth almost two thousand dollars! I mean...a quick removable bipod?!?!?!?!
>>
>>33270568
>Last one I can find that sold was sold complete with a US made barrel not built for 1500.
And google has parts kits for 900.

I can sell my ak for 3,000 too if I wait long enough. Not that anon but color me unimpressed.
>>
>>33270587
link
>>
>>33270607
https://www.armslist.com/posts/6332709/kansas-city-kansas-gun-parts-for-sale--two-ak-kits--tantal--yugo--m72ab1-clone-

Heres a normal m72b
https://www.apexgunparts.com/yugoslavian-m72b-rpk-parts-kit-milled-rcvr-vg.html

This ones bidding at 600 with a day or so left on it so offer high and it'll probably sell.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/628705712

There are tons of kits like this that show up but usually only go for a week or so. It's not my job to monitor these for you.
>>
>>33270638
whoops two of those aren't underfolders.
Whatever. You can find links of them selling for 800-1100 just a year ago in 2016.
Again, look for deals and sales. Things come and go constantly.
>>
>>33270638
>a normal milled M72 he has attempted to make into a M72AB1
>a normal M72
>another normal M72

None of these are a M72AB1, they are close, but they are not the same.
>>
>>33270647
Again anon. I don't care. A quick google shows them selling just a year ago for under 1000. The parts kits come and go, sometimes in a week sometimes in a month sometimes in a day.
Don't know what to tell you, it's worth whatever people are willing to pay for it.
>>
>>33270655
>>33270644
>>33270638
>>33270587
>>33270581
>>33270558

>ju....just kidding i......i....dont care!!

Yet you used 6 responses to try to tell him he was wrong?
>>
>>33270797
Do you guys not understand how parts kits work? They come in shipments secured by stores who then sell them for profit. If someone buys one and later resells it for more because the supply is more limited for the time being; that doesn't make them worth someones inflated opinion of a price; it just makes whoever pays that much a sucker.

>asking someone else to provide links for parts kits that are imported without any heads up to consumers
Gee.
>>
>>33270417
/thread
>>
>>33270258
don't you know? I can't believe you don't know what scientists have found the inside of a serb's mind to sound like. Here's the actual audio clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQuMmOzy89I
>>
>>33270871
Not OP, but as far as I know the M72AB1 was made in very small numbers so there shouldent be a huge stash of them sitting back anywhere. Kind of like the old M90A kits that were brought in.
>>
>>33270258
It was a conscript communist-like army and that's a conscript gun. It's a quality gun that's put reliability/part interchangability with M70 regular guns as a very top priority, everything else came second, like most Zastava guns before 2000s.
The folding-stock option was for tank crews (which is a very fucking stupid idea considering how big the gun is even with the folding stock). It's usually with a fixed stock.

Usually, they used MG42s (zastava variant Zastava M53) instead of this as the designated machinegun and IIRC they used the 10-man German squads from WW2 (leader + MG42 + other infantry) back in yugo times.
>>
>>33271293
It was designed for paratroopers
>>
>>33270871
>not knowing about rare kits

AKSU, PKM,M90, DSHK are all examples of kits that came in once and we haven't seen anymore
>>
>>33271624
Kits are a fucking gimmick
>>
>>33272025
It's literally the only way to get obscure AK variants.
>>
>>33270393
RPKs aren't front heavy
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.