[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How awesome would it be if the US and Russia started puffing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: T-90 3.jpg (839KB, 1600x921px) Image search: [Google]
T-90 3.jpg
839KB, 1600x921px
How awesome would it be if the US and Russia started puffing their chests for another few decades of cold war so that both could justify a shitload of spending on advancing military technology? Is Trump on good enough terms with Putin to make this happen? They meet up for "peace negotiations", grab a few brewskies, fuck a bunch of hot women, then pretend to kick each other out of their home country and act all pissed while secretly laughing about bumping up military advancement and technology spending by another 30%... They can also sell newer military technology to third world shitholes and laugh as they watch them blow each other up with the only benefit being funding the advancement of the countries they hate the most. One can dream.
>>
>>33268506

Not very. I'd rather we worked together and started Cold War with China instead.
>>
File: 1464596721288.jpg (70KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464596721288.jpg
70KB, 768x960px
>>33269200
wet dream material
>>
>>33268506

>Wouldn't it be great if they taxed the shit out of us and spent it on stuff that will be completely useless? Wouldn't it be great if our debt went through the fucking roof with no return?

Yeah anon, super neat...
>>
Go away Clinton.
>>
Replace Russia with China and you've got a keeper. Russia will eventually be reigned in when NATO gets off its ass and rolls out on ISIS, effectively sandbagging Russia's expansionist ideals and quelling the last embers of the Soviet glory days.

China on the other hand has nothing really going on but bullying it's neighbors - I strongly doubt that for as long as they remain a one-party majority government they'll ever radicalize into vying for war, but continued shows of force and arms escalation to try and shake off U.S. interest around our Pacific allies would make for a fun arms race.
>>
>>33269242
>>Wouldn't it be great if they taxed the shit out of us and spent it on stuff that will be completely useless?
>Implying the dems don't do this already with socialized healthcare and entitlements
I'd rather that shit be spent on something that could ostensibly benefit me by keeping my country from being attacked than put in a trust fund that will probably not exist by the time I'm old enough to cash out
>>
>>33269200
I would rather see a Cold War between Russia and China with US masturbating in the background
>>
>>33269306
>socialized healthcare
not gonna happen.
>le gibe the military even more money
doesn't need to happen. Half of our budget goes to military. We're the most advanced in the world for military. No one is even close to competing yet.
>>
>>33269313
>I would rather see a Cold War between Russia and China with US masturbating in the background
You'd rather see a real war between the two and you know it
>>33269326
>We're the most advanced in the world for military. No one is even close to competing yet.
Good, we need to keep it that way. We have more armed citizens and a more powerful military than anyone else in the world. There's a reason why a land invasion of the US is impossible, the mere idea of it should be a joke to every country in the world.
>>
>>33268506
>spending inordinate amounts of money on military hardware for no reason is awesome cos le super cool tanks and planes
You realise Cold Wars wreak total havoc on economies, right?
>>
>>33269465
US came out fine
>>
>>33269345
>There's a reason why a land invasion of the US is impossible, the mere idea of it should be a joke to every country in the world.

Yes. It's called the ocean, and it's really fucking big.
>>
>>33269298
>Replace Russia with China and you've got a keeper. Russia will eventually be reigned in when NATO gets off its ass and rolls out on ISIS, effectively sandbagging Russia's expansionist ideals and quelling the last embers of the Soviet glory days.
are you high? the fuck how is crushing ISIS stopping Russia's expansion in the ME? If anything you'd just do them a solid as they don't have to work as much for all those shiny new air and naval bases in Syria. I think you mean Ukraine and Eastern Europe in genral and sorry bud, it ain't gonna happen given the gross disparity in forces there.
>>
>>33268506
You're retarded
>>
>>33269345
>There's a reason why a land invasion of the US is impossible

It's called two giant fucking oceans and metric fuckton of space between those two oceans.
>>
>>33271505
Because of the inevitable NATO occupation and control (either military or political) of those previously free-range ME countries. NATO and the US especially have learned that stripping power from extremist groups and then leaving the countries to self-moderate is a self-fulfilling prophecy, and with heightened Western presence in the area(s) Russia is unlikely to poke the beehive and will probably return to playing Civil War with the last of it's domestic Soviet holdover territories.
>>
>>33269345
>>33269345
No we don't need it that way, we need to cut spending. Most of it goes to R&D projects that get cut a few years out of the starting line.

Now that we're ADDING to it, it's just going to make things even worse as every swinging dick is going to want a piece of a pie. I'd rather see it go to a single payer system for healthcare tbhf Also, look at a globe for once in your life.

>>33271505
It we can crush ISIS and show the majority of the work was done by the US led coalition, the credibility of Russia takes a nosedive as it could then be said that they did nothing but provide ineffectual support to ground forces.
>>
>>33271628
>ineffectual support to ground forces.

You'd be laughed out of the room, because Russian air support in Syria has been anything but ineffectual.
>>
>>33268506
>They meet up for "peace negotiations", grab a few brewskies, fuck a bunch of hot women,
Imagine being such a pathetic being you have to live through fantasies of old millionaire geezers.
>>
>>33268506
How awesome would it be in the US and Russia teamed to fuck over China
>>
>>33271641
Idk man, they had some really bad days where they hit everything but their intended targets.
>>
>>33271680
Yessss
>>
>>33271685
And they took the SAA from being stuck between a rock and a hard place to taking and holding territory. The strategic impact is irrefutable.
>>
File: 1469827282385.jpg (39KB, 631x481px) Image search: [Google]
1469827282385.jpg
39KB, 631x481px
>>33268506
You how the slippery slope law works right?
Pretend conflicts escalate into real conflicts.
>>
Russia has a smaller economy than Italy though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.