[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a mossberg 500 take black powder hand loads? All I wanna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Can a mossberg 500 take black powder hand loads? All I wanna do is fun shoot some hand loads I make myself AND still have a decent gun after.

Pic related is all you need to for BP loads
>>
>>33267875
Considering blackpowder has a lower energy output than modern powders... you are going to kill yourself because you're a fucking idiot. You can tell by your post and this whole thread reeks of you accidentally killing yourself.

Watch, now just because I told you it's less powerful you're going to load up 2/3x the powder and fucking kill yourself.

You don't know what you're doing. Please stop.
>>
>>33267944
rest easy, for I don't even have a mossberg 500 yet. This is the dealbreaker for me in choosing a shotgun.
>>
>>33268025
>I don't even have a mossberg 500 yet.

Stick to your airsoft, you fucking retard.
>>
>>33268109
damn, this hostility is a bit much. Can't you switch out the barrel for a muzzle loader one?
>>
>>33268157
>Can't you switch out the barrel for a muzzle loader one?

You're still retarded.
>>
>>33268167
look, the picture isn't mine. Its just a pic I snagged from a former SxS shotty thread, where some fella was talking about how its easier to reload for shottys. I don't have anything pictured in the OP, but I feel like it would be fun to learn and do someday.

I'm not gonna dive head first into black powder loads, thats stupid. I just want to know if, once I learn how to load, I'll be able to do this with a mossberg 500.
>>
>>33268208
Get a mossberg 500 and use it to kill yourself
>>
>>33268218
but can I do it that some BP hand loads? Is it possible?
>>
>>33267875
What fucking question is this? Yes you can but if you are going to be using plastic shells you'll need to buy a roll crimper or a set of star crimpers. Also it's going to get your gun dirty as shit

Can you not use google? Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>33268273
thanks senpai
>>
don't listen to these guys, you can do anything you put your mind too. just make sure to pack em night and tight!!
>>
Bunch of fucking assholes on here. Yes it's possible. Did you know the 45 -70 is a 45 caliber bullet with 75grains of BP? You can also make many things out of BP to shut silly faggots up with a bang.
>>
>>33268157
Not that anon, but why in the fuck would you need to switch out barrels if it's contained in a shotshell.

This whole thread is fucking stupid. Your idea is stupid. Even if you had tons of extra black powder, it wouldnt be worth the shot and shells to do this you fucking mong.
>>
File: 1486770589189.jpg (140KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
1486770589189.jpg
140KB, 500x714px
Geez, I don't think I've ever witnessed a post responded to with such cruelty. I can only imagine that there's one guy in this thread just venting all his angst he worked up over the work week.

Yeah OP, you can load shotshells with BP. Just be sure to mix in an eighth of a teaspoon or so of red mercury per shell or else your barrel will corrode within a dozen shots and you'll probably have a blow out. Modern steel isn't enginereed to withstand the corrosive sulfites and oxides produced by burning black powder.
>>
File: smug anime aqua.jpg (77KB, 463x692px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime aqua.jpg
77KB, 463x692px
Mate, there are youtube videos of guys doing magdumps with glocks and black powder handloads. A shotgun has less moving parts, and a relatively low pressure round.

What I'm trying to say is, you'll be fine. You are gonna need to clean it after. Also, don't forget to pack down the black powder so there's no space between the shot and the powder.

Have fun, my dude
>>
File: DSC00440 HR.jpg (3MB, 4096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00440 HR.jpg
3MB, 4096x3072px
>>33267875
Brass BP shells are very easy to load. Powder, shot, wads, primer. That's it. Don't need resizing. Don't need a crimp. Overshot wad just gets glued in place. Easy. Now for practical. BP is easy. It's fun. It's filthy dirty. I would never use it in anything but an easy to clean SxS. It will ruin an autoloader. I would hate to clean a pump after shooting BP. If you want to shoot BP brass shotgun and I advise you do - it really is fun. Get a SxS or single shot and have at it.
>>
>>33267875
you do know that you can make your own loads using the proper powders just as easily as using black powder?
>>
>>33271254
Smokeless is loaded by weight and requires careful measuring. A few grains error can be a disaster. BP is generally loaded by volume and measuring is easier and more forgiving. BP rifle and pistol cartridges are basically fill the case and seats the bullet. Shotshells require a little more finesse. Volume of powder against volume of shot and wads to fill space in shell. Not disagreeing with you but I think OP is after something he can shoot with a minimum of tools and steps and BP shotshells meet thgast requirement.
>>
>>33271315
all he needs is an easy to pack, lee handloader kit(you can carry it in your pocket). you can buy them used at garage sales or ebay cheap. a few grains off is not going to fuck anything up unless he is loading to max and nobody does that unless they weigh.
>>
>>33267875
There was a muzzle loading conversion for the Moss 500 at one time, not sure if they're available any more. I believe it was a rifled .50 cal barrel that used a 209 primer.

You can definitely reload shotshells with black powder, but think you need to be better informed before you attempt to do so. There is plenty of good information out there, you're just asking in the wrong place.

Also, you're a faggot, by default.
>>
>>33271315
+2 grains in .380 load may = boom.
+2 grains in 12 ga = sore shoulder.
>>
>>33267875
Or you could just do the normal thing and uncrimp factory loaded shot shells and put whatever asinine thing you want into it.
>>
>>33272015
or just buy primed hulls.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.