[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australian Army

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: Australian Army.jpg (54KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
Australian Army.jpg
54KB, 700x350px
What's the Australian Army like? I'm set to deploy to Darwin, Australia soon.

What's the Aussie Military like? Looking them up on wikipedia it seems they're competent and have worked with America on many conflicts, but that's all history and statistics. I'm more curious about peoples experience being a part of or working with the Australian Army/Military in general.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (144KB, 681x926px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
144KB, 681x926px
>>33266570

Have fun in the constant heat.
>>
File: TypicalDigger.png (432KB, 1466x998px) Image search: [Google]
TypicalDigger.png
432KB, 1466x998px
obligatory
>>
>>33266570
always check your boots before putting them on

cunt is a term of endearment, not an insult

if someone calls you Jack or a Jack cunt you are "that guy" so cut it out

Drop bears are a meme. Surprise spiders are not however

/k/ and a light bit of /pol/ banter will be the bread and butter of most conversations
>>
>>33266570
>>33267305
furthermore
everyone is a smartass
"yeah nah" means No
"nah yeah" means Yes
>>
>>33266642
Looks very similar to summer in the South. Whatever.
>>
Do you like drinking and banter? If yes, you'll be fine. Just don't pick a fight with the coons. The whole tribe will come out of nowhere and fuck you up
>>
File: images (1).jpg (12KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
12KB, 208x242px
>>33266570
>>
File: 7182210-3x2-940x627.jpg (147KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
7182210-3x2-940x627.jpg
147KB, 940x627px
>>33268033
>>
File: SacrificeF03.jpg (351KB, 575x812px) Image search: [Google]
SacrificeF03.jpg
351KB, 575x812px
>>33268048
>>
>>33266570
They're like the Canadian army but with banter instead of victory in combat.
>>
>>33268061

>canada
>victory

Pick one and only one.
>>
>>33269027
>burningwhitehouse.tiff
>>
>>33269054

>UK
>>
>>33266570
I work with a few ex ADF guys, they're humble, 'grey men', they don't stand out, they don't cut you off mid conversation, they're loyal.
Good cunts mostly. Make good LEO's.
>>
>>33269102
>I work with a few ex ADF guys,
I should clarify, these are ex army and airforce guy.
There is one ex navy guy who is a bit of a fuck head. But he might be exception to the rule. He was a tradesmen in the navy anyway.
>>
>>33267802
It's like that all year round in Darwin.

Glad I live somewhere with seasons.
>>
>>33266642
>only 33
Gets worse than that, plus the humidity is the problem in Darwin
>>
>>33267305
Need to be very thick skinned in Australia. You get abused a fuckload but it's usually good natured or designed to test you
>>
>>33268061
Australia beat the Germans at Tobruk and the Japs in PNG when they were beating every other cunt
>>
>>33266570
They're good guys. They WILL banter a lot, so have a thick skin. Someone doesn't like you, they'll have better things to do then throw insults. Drinking is big, so keep that in mind. Swearing is also extremely common.

Now Darwin is stuck in the tropics, and is stinking hot as a result. The weather is either hot dry and humid, hot raining and humid, Hot and REALLY, or nice and cool as you get in the aircon. There is also only two seasons, dry and wet. They're self explanatory.

Darwin itself is a decently sized but small city. Read the NT News, on a good day there's funny shit on the front, on bad it's just informative. A good book to look at is 'What a Croc!', to laugh at some of the legendary front pages the NT News has had. Tourist stuff can be interesting, but outside of it there isn't much to do. Shopping is limited but varied, with some interesting items around the place.

Think that's about it, really
>>
>>33266570
Buy your own guns while stationed in Darwin.
NT gun licences are by far the easiest to get. Can be done in an afternoon.
>>
>>33266570
always wondered :
Are there special ties between the Australian army and the British army since the commander in chief is the same (the Queen)?
>>
>armyfag here

I was posted to Darwin for three years at Brigade HQ. Worked with the MRF-D blokes a bit.

Pretty much get used to being called a cunt. That's honestly a term of endearment.

But my condolences with the sub units you'll have to work with.

5RAR are bulk sad over no trips (deployments) since like '07. Just don't ask them what happened to their last mascot.

8/12 are regimental as fuck and no fun to be around. And well, I'm sure Marine artillery blokes are just as stupid.

CSSB (more like SASB) are a joke, incapable of sustaining their own elements let alone a whole battle group.

1 Armoured have the M1A1s and LAVs so not all is lost. They're just constantly getting fingered for exercises and repair cycle.

1CSR... Haha. Fucking sigs.

1AVN fly the ARH Tiger that we spent 20 years co-developing to prop up the European aviation industry to finally realise it doesn't do half the shit the AH-64 did back in the 80's. So we're fucking them off by 2020 and getting something else. Rumour mill is either AH-64s or MH-6s. Yeah, we'd prefer armed Little Birds over a ARH. Praise kek.

1CER is probably the most competent unit up there, they're just out the back in isolation doing engineery things.

Then you've got all the random accompanying assets like the MPs and cooks.

Oh and if you thought your DFAC was bad, wait until you go to the messes on Robo. Word of the wise, stick to "South Mess", North Mess is a fuck fight.

And enjoy the weather. It's the tail end of Wet Season up there but there's a strong monsoon trough so it's hot and fucking wet.

When the perfect weather from May-October occurs, you'll be enjoying sunny Mount Bundy where dreams go to die or illustrious K-Flats. Then you'll have the glory that is Hamel or Talisman Sabre or whatever the fuck it is this year.
>>
>>33266570
>>33270086
You Forgot 2cav (pictured up top). I only ran into these blokes doing crew commander training in puckapunyal and they were based as fuck. Absolute hard chargers who liked getting drunk as fuck. God tier regiment.
>>
>>33270253

2CAV ain't in Darwin anymore. They're in Townsville.

We split the M1A1s and ASLAVs across each brigade.

And no, 2CAV are terrible. There's a reason why everything gets blamed on 2CAV.

Or here's a tip for out Marine brethren, if you're ever caught in the middle of the night in the shit, yell out "2CAV rules!" and run away.

Half the Army will laugh.

The other half are fucking lids.
>>
>>33269068
>believing in this meme
>>
>>33270384

Not a meme.
>>
>>33270362
Thanks for the info
>>
>>33269155
Lead by Brits
>>
>>33267778
To add to this - if you get a bunch of yeahs and nahs in a row; the first ones either mean nothing or are about the validity of the question / demeanour of the situation / etc, the last one is the actual answer:
>Hey Jacko, was the food good?
>Yeah nah, it was pretty shit

>Hey Jonesy, was the boss pissed?
>Nah yeah, I'd steer clear of him if I were you

>>33270747
>Lead
>>
>>33266570
they only have 59 tanks. they are not a real military.

ww2 is a perfect example of what happens when australian boy pussy comes into contact with american might. we dominated their country when our submarine men were stationed there. we were fucking so many of their women that they rioted about american men. australia also had one of the highest war brides to the US after ww2. we took thousands of their women as our wives.
>>
>>33270874
>we
But you're a virgin
>>
>>33270747
In spite of, not because of
Brit leadership was so shit an entire country went to war because of it
>>
>>33270874
The only casualty in the Battle of Brisbane was an Australian because an American shit himself and fired a shotgun (3 times, only 1 hit).
>>
>>33270060
Yes
They're both royal armies and of the commonwealth which means if the Queen gives us a call to arms we must answer
>>
>>33270921
Ultimate kek, you seemed to fair quite well because of it Asia.
>>
>>33270883
>>33270925
angry little aussies. i'm sorry that your women love american accents and crave big american cock. not everyone gets to be a superpower.
>>
>>33270939
Example?

When I hear Brits and Asia I think of the Fall of Singapore.

When I hear British leadership and Australia, I think of Gallipoli.

>>33270960
It's alright, your women love us even more.
>>
>>33270964
Can you give me an example where you achieved a victory without any Brit involvement?
>>
>cucked by the UK
>cucked by the USA
>>33268061
>and now cucked by Canada

Truly the life of an aussie must be sufferable.
>>
>Battle of Brisbane
>80,000 American bulls having their way with the local women
>locals had to flee

my sides
>>
>>33270970
One immediate example - after Singapore fell and the tide turned, we and the US (ie without Brit involvement) rescued the Indian POWs that the Brits left behind: https://www.awm.gov.au/journal/j37/indians.asp
>>
>>33270996
That doesn't count m8, the Indians are ants saving a bunch of curryniggers isn't a victory.
>>
>>33271008
It's still a matter of killing japs and taking over islands
>>
>>33270994
It was 330,000 + ANOTHER 80,000

American bulls practically fucked every Australian girl available. If she had a little Aussie boyfriend, she was also spending time with big cock Americans.
>>
>>33271017
We purposely left the curryniggers behind to create a distraction so you and the yanks could do what you needed to do, tactics and shit.
>>
>>33267305
>Drop bears are a meme
>t. a dropbear

Don't listen to him, anon. That's just what they want you to believe. If the rest of the world learned the awful truth about Australia's dropbear problem, the whole continent would be put under immediate quarantine. Follow the rules. Keep some Vegemite handy. And for god's sake, keep your eyes on the tree line. Don't become another statistic, anon.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.