[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Legality of Hypothetical Situations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: House.jpg (169KB, 804x452px) Image search: [Google]
House.jpg
169KB, 804x452px
Say I lived in seclusion in the woods of a state with decent gun laws e.g. the Castle Doctrine or similar laws. As I'm coming back from hunting I see someone climbing through the window and breaking into my home. The window was locked and I was not expecting visitors. I'm unaware whether they are armed, but yelling would cause them to flee or otherwise react and the police are 20-30 min away. Would I legally be in the clear if I were to shoot them? Would having a wife or child within the home make a difference (They are clearly not in danger of being hit)?
>Inb4 bury them in the woods.
>TLDR: Can I legally shoot someone breaking in from outside my home?
>>
just shoot the nigger if you live in a non libcuck state and you will be fine
>>
>>33265846
Most places with decent gun laws consider breaking into an occupied structure to be a shooting offense. a political activest prosecutor may try to make a case against you if the house is unoccupied, they are unarmed, and the round enters from the back. that case will likely fail though. if they are armed or the structure is occupied then no prosecutor in their right mind would bring charges on you in non cuck states.
>>
>>33265911
That's what I thought, but was unsure if an emotional plea, whether it be that they were unarmed/had no identifiable weapon or hit from behind, would be enough to build a case against me.
>>
>>33265846

You never seen them climb through the window. You just go in and just happen to find them and then shoot their ass.
>>
>>33265846
I'm sure it's legal, but I'd probably not shoot at some fuckhead climbing through a window if my family was still inside the house. Weird shit happens with bullets, man.
>>
>>33265999
>Checked.
I plan on shooting my kids with small caliber bullets so they build up an immunity, so hitting them wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>33265846
man that house and setting look gorgeous. I'm assuming europoor by the stone.
>>
>>33266120
I wish that was my home, but I actually just googled house in the woods. Disappearing into nature while retaining some creature comforts is merely my goal in life.
>>
>>33265846
>>Inb4 bury them in the woods.
But this is a thing that happens.
>>
>>33265846
"In the clear?" No.
There's a chance you'd get off, but also a chance you'd go to prison. Individual states have pretty distinct standards for justified homicide and defense of a structure.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.