[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shooting with bad eyesight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1365150722622.jpg (69KB, 572x626px) Image search: [Google]
1365150722622.jpg
69KB, 572x626px
Do any of you guys have bad eyesight and how do you deal with it?

Basically I'm near-sighted and need glasses to drive. What I just found out (new shooter) is my glasses make me kind of far-sighted, and my iron sights blurry, so seeing far doesn't even matter. They also don't fit under my ballistic glasses. Looking down the sights in a 'real world' situation where there are a bunch of objects and colours in the 'scene' makes it hard to find my blurry sights. I don't know.

I suppose I'll just have to deal with it and go without my glasses, or get surgery. I tried popping my right lens out and it kind of worked I guess, too weird though.
>>
>>33264830
Practice, you'll get better at picking the sights out of a busy background with time, provided your glasses don't make it impossible (not just hard) to focus on the front sight. Red dot sights can also help since the dot will appear in the same "plane" as your target, and you can buy prescription inserts for some brands of ballistic glasses if you insist on using them (I don't).
>>
>>33264830
Try www.esseyepro.com/rx
>>
I have terrible eyesight, and throughout the years have evolved into quite the marksman. I shoot with both eyes open and have sort of learned to focus one eye on my sights and the other on my target. No idea how I did it, just human evolution and being at the range every chance I got.
>>
>>33264830
Have you tried wearing contacts? I feel that my eyesight is much improved when I wear them compared to the same power of glasses. Having clear peripheral vision is just another bonus.
>>
>>33265484
>mfw -10 in both eyes with astigmatism

i pretty much do the same thing. rifles with iron sights are still a challenge though. i get glasses with plastic lenses which double as eye protection.
>>
I'm short-sighted as fuck, as in I'm a manlet (also Irish so, Leprechaun?) but literally can't check the length of my toenails without either my glasses or crouching.

What I can tell you is that prescription safety lenses are worth the money. Used them in machining workshops, on construction sites, and on ranges. Never had a problem focusing on things like manual scales on lathes or front sights on pistols. Talk to your optometrist about it. Your mileage may vary, though.
>>
>>33264830
i have astigmatism. just. fucking. practice.

learn to judge distances well. and if nothing else just train with pistol. chaces are you can see 7 meters
>>
>>33264830
Contact lenses. It's the best. Some are even 24h wearable without problem. After a few weeks, it's easy to get them in or out.
>>
>>33264830
>Do any of you guys have bad eyesight and how do you deal with it?
Just aim at the screams.
>>
>>33268362
>Some are even 24h wearable without problem. After a few weeks, it's easy to get them in or out.

Unbelievable.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.