[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cross country protection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: the-united-states-of-america-map.gif (191KB, 1100x704px) Image search: [Google]
the-united-states-of-america-map.gif
191KB, 1100x704px
Im thinking about taking a cross country trip, which ends in los Angeles. what would be the best thing for personal self defense?

I was thinking that i would keep an axe in the car and just claim its a tool but for personal protection im having a little trouble. any ideas?
>>
File: 1487017046396.jpg (56KB, 1097x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487017046396.jpg
56KB, 1097x900px
>>33261769
bump
>>
A gun, don't get caught. It isn't very hard to not get pulled over, and if you do, they shouldn't have a reason to search your car unless you smell like pot or act shady.
>>
>>33261769
I'd research the laws rehearsing weapons transport , IIRC you can transport a firearm through states where it is not normally legal so long as it is legal in the final destination.

Except your going to California so RIP.
>>
>>33262053
kek, you just reminded me of my last trip.
long story short
>i got pulled over in another state
>in a car i didnt own
>dressed like walter white
>crotch of my white painters suit split open
>pants legs pulled up to my cowboy boots and tucked in
>hair messed up
>dripping in sweat even though it was about 65 degrees
>covered in white powder
>a funny chemical smell leaking out of the car.
>with a loaded glock 19 that i didnt own in a plastic bag in the passenger seat with three extra loaded mags.
>>
Pocket sand
>>
>>33262161
what if its a round trip, i would never plan to stay in california. Im thinking about turning around in nevada just because but i hear cali is beautiful and im not that autist who refuses to go anywhere without a gun.
>>
Bring a baseball bat, and a baseball. Glove optional. Keep it tossed nearby someplace with the ball. Then you just like baseball but can also beat a fool if you need.
>>
>>33262294
that pretty good.
>>
SKS's are cali legal right? jk.
>>
>>33262182
Give us the backstory
>>
>>33263711
>my mom gets a call from the assisted living facility my grandpa(80yo) is staying in Tennessee
>"he got into wreck and we sent him to the VA hospital"
>mom ask me to go with her.
>We get to the hospital and talk to the nurse on duty. he tells us grandpa has
>AFIB
>congestive heart failure
>he has pneumonia
>he has discolored skin(they didnt realize it was from agent orange)
>his legs are covered in sores
>he has lost the ability to walk
>he has internal bleeding
>he passed out while driving and side swiped a concrete barrier on the interstate
>he gained 15lbs on friday
>he lost it the next day.
>he gained 19lbs on tuesday and hasnt lost it.

....well shit, grandpa is dying fast.

>the next day we go back and find out half that shit was wrong the nurse was reading the shit wrong.

okay

>but he has temporarily lost the ability to walk and he does afib and congestive heart failure.
>"grandpa why were you driving around at 3am"
>I found one of my guns and i cant have them in the facility so i broke out to go sell it.
>on the way back i passed out.

he gets tranferred to a nursing home and ask to sell his cars because he doesnt think he can drive anymore.

the cars are a 2007 HHR and 2014 jeep wrangler unlimited. Grandpa is well off, he spent alot of time the military so he buys and sells car every year. He paid cash for the jeep.
>okay, but the cars probably have bed bugs. we will need to clean them out.
>car are so dirty there gunk on every control and you cant physically get in the passenger or backseat.
>we buy painters coveralls so we dont get bed bugs on us.
>get the cars and bug bomb them then cover them in diatomaceous earth powder.
>drive them to the nearest gas station with a car wash and public trash can.
>we find about 500rnds of mixed ammo and a loaded glock 19 with 3 extra loaded mags.
>we clean the cars pretty well and my mom goes off to use a free vacum place around the corner
>its about 7pm
cont.
>>
>>33263962
cont
>i put everything we werent going to throw away in the back of the jeep
>and i throw the glock in a bag with all the ammo and set in the passenger seat while im finishing up.(i end up forgetting about it)
>when i have everything ready a cop pulls into the gas station.
>i go to pull of when the cop pulls up directly behind me and gets out
>i turn off the jeep
here i am
>i just got pulled over
>in a car i didnt own
>dressed like walter white
>crotch of my white painters suit split open
>pants legs pulled up to my cowboy boots and tucked in
>hair messed up
>dripping in sweat even though it was about 65 degrees
>covered in white powder
>a funny chemical smell leaking out of the car.
>with a loaded glock 19 that i didnt own in a plastic bag in the passenger seat with three extra loaded mags.

before the cop can get into the window i lean my head out and put both of my hands out.

>"whats up officer"
>"i got a call about two people in white hazmat suits cleaning out cars and throwing stuff out of white powder"
>"oh, yeah. that is whats going on"
>"whats the white powder"
>"oh thats diatomaceous earth powder"
>"what is it for"
>"its for the bed bugs"
*cop takes two steps back
>"is it safe you to be in there"
>"its safe or humans and animals but kills bed bugs on contact. and oh i just remember, i have a gun in passenger seat"
*he puts his gun on his hip and stands on his tippy toes and try to see in the jeep"
>"where is it?"
>"its in the bag at under the extenstion cord"
>"which bag"
*while trying to keep my hand out the window i crane my hand and point at the bag
>"ehhhhhh, just dont look at or reach for it"
then i go into the whole spiel why im driving the car and why im here
*he couldnt give a shit
*ask if the managers knows im out here
>"yep"
>"can i see your "ID"
>"yeah but i got get out of the car to get it"
*i get out and show it to, he sees im from SC
*goes inside and talks to manager and comes out
>>
>>33264180
*he ask where my grandpa is staying i list the three places he is renting and tell him which nursing home he is in.
*he gets in his car and spends about 30 minutes on the phone
>when he gets out he gives me a handshake and says im doing a really nice thing for my grandpa

the best part is, that he did not want to fuck with bed bugs so bad that he never checked registration, insurance, or even bothered to get the gun out of the car or run its number.

This cop would rather risk getting shot than getting bed bugs.
>>
>>33261769
What about a Mag Lite? You know, the really big ones? I always thought those could make a good makeshift baton in a pinch.
>>
>>33264213
yeah, but i dont have a mag lite and they arent that great anymore. So im not going to buy a flash light just to whoop ass when i could just >>33262294
>>
File: IMG_1933.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1933.png
31KB, 720x644px
>>33264203
>>33264180
>>33263962
Wew lad that was a wild ride

>yeah that's what is happening
Lol
>>
What you want is a functional poleaxe for when you run into some niggers challenging your honor

Seriously though I would just have a tomahawk, knife, and maybe a glock
>>
>>33264203
Lets be perfectly honest here, a lot of people would rather risk getting shot than spend weeks of bed bug bullshit, only to ultimately pay $ for a pro or throwing out shit and spending $ to replace. And the psychological aftermath.
>>
>>33264775
holy fuck, that it....but if im going to get a poleaxe i feel like it would be better off with just a spear or javelin.
>>
>>33262611
they are, but definitely not that one
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.