[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sako

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (105KB, 1132x750px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105KB, 1132x750px
A LGS has a used Sako 85m in .270 Win for $1500. Im interested and am going to go look at it today. Anyone know anything about them?

I'm in Kommiefornia and I'd want to use it for hunting boar or deer.
>>
>>33261679
Sako makes very nice rifles for sure. Seems a bit pricey if you just want a hunting rifle though as you could get an older Remington 700 (before they went to shit), Winchester model 70, or even a Ruger or Savage for 1/3-1/2 the price and use the money left over for some nice glass. If you have the money to burn though you won't be disappointed with the Sako.
>>
File: M05 FROST WINTER.jpg (137KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
M05 FROST WINTER.jpg
137KB, 600x900px
>>33261679
Buy it and order M05 from Finland while turning into a Finnaboo.
>>
>>33261730
I'm going to try to find out how "used" it actually is. $1500 is kinda steep but I like the .270 and if it isn't a beater then i'll probably go for it.
>>
File: texmex.jpg (81KB, 754x1060px) Image search: [Google]
texmex.jpg
81KB, 754x1060px
What gun should I use to kill a black bear in Canada?
>>
>>33261950
Well, they're about $2k new from the looks of things so $1500 used sounds about right for that rifle. My point was that there are many cheaper options if you just want a good "hunting rifle". That Sako would make a very nice heirloom rifle to pass down to your kids at some point though (assuming you have any and guns aren't banned by then).

>>33262641
For hunting black bears at a distance I'd get a bolt action rifle in .270, .30-06, .300 win mag, etc. For closer distances where putting a dangerous animal down quickly is a priority a lot of guides use pump action 12ga shotguns with slugs or something like a reliable lever action .45-70.
>>
>>33262641
50 Beowulf
>>
>>33262708
Sensible suggestions

>>33262720
Me being a snarky ass with Canadian magazine limits
>>
I desperately want one of their Bavarian carbines
the only question is 7x64, 8mm IS, 9.3x64, or 6.5 Swede
>>
>>33262740
>worrying about mag limits
>not that the fact bringing an AR innawoods in canada is a huge no no
>>
>>33263157
Huh did not know that was a thing up that way. Is it the case with any semi auto with detachable mag and scary attachments or just the ar? Or is it even weirder?
>>
Retail on finnlight is like $1750 sometimes less.

That isn't a very good price IMO
>>
>>33263285
If it's another model besides the finnlight then they can go well over $2k though.
>>
>>33262641
SVT-40. If you spend extra leafbux and get a bayonet, you can turn your rifle into a spear.
>>
>>33263583
Yep, apparently 7.62x54r is standard burr caliber on the other side of the ocean.
>>
>>33263220
Guns aren't classified by logic. ARs are not allowed innawoods. Tavors are. AKs are not allowed anywhere but VZ58s with the longer barrel are a-ok for a hike through the forest.
>>
>>33263616
Aren't politicians just wonderful?
>>
>>33263616
Ok it can get less logical than NY
>>
>>33263767
Also the G11 is prohibited. Because we didn't want gangbangers running around with spaceguns. It was a real problem when they were writing up the classification list.

>>33263864
On the flip side, at least we don't have to have those NY-legal AR abortions.
>>
>>33263875
True they are abortions where the leos give enough of a damn but can still take them out for coyote
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.