[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on compound bows?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: compound-bow-guide-1.jpg (80KB, 1280x672px) Image search: [Google]
compound-bow-guide-1.jpg
80KB, 1280x672px
worth it? or just better off buying a rifle? what do u guyz reckon?
>>
>>33258561

Buy what you think is most fun. It's not like you're gonna oper8.
>>
File: Real Faggotree.jpg (183KB, 970x540px) Image search: [Google]
Real Faggotree.jpg
183KB, 970x540px
>Worth it?

What are you going to use it for? Is archery actually something you're interested in or is it because lolHungerGaems?
>>
>>33258561
if you like bows, go for it, but if you're looking for the most effective hunting weapon just buy a rifle
>>
>>33258561
If you want one its worth it. Do you want us to give you permission to buy one ? btw. is that Joe Rogan in the picture ?
>>
>>33258599
>It's not like you're gonna oper8
DELET THIS
>>
>>33258561
Where I'm from, you'll get less po-lice involvement for OCing a compound bow than OCing a rifle. This is a country where OC is prohibited. So in my biased view I have to say bow. Also, the skill needed to wield it is slightly higher than a rifle, so that's a plus if it gets snatched in a fight.
>>
>>33259102
Fuck, I didn't see him in a thumbnail!
>>
>>33259193
Where i live you need hunting licence to hunt and gun license for gun. But no license for bow. So if you want to skip the waiting period for gun and want to go straight to hunting ... bow is the answear.
>>
>>33259211
It's the same here. Bow hunting is forbidden, although it's permitted just across the border to another state, but you can get a bow here no problem.

I shot bows since I was a kid, right-handed and left-eyed, so that sucked a little, but I always imagined huge-ass isoceles from my left eye to the target and back through the arrow to make it work. I was breddy accurate, considering most of the bows before my first company-made one were bows my dad made me from twigs and pieces of string.
>>
>>33258561
Buy both, obviously.
Protip: throw in a muzzleloader too.
>>
>>33259102
Nah no hunger gamez just hunting and stuff.
>>
>>33258561
One thing to note is that the hunting seasons for muzzle loaders and bows is longer in most states than center fire rifles.
>>
Definitely get a good now though. I had an entry level Bear Archery bow which blew up on me. The metal lugs on the cams which hold the bow string literally sheared the fuck off. I was lucky I didn't get seriously injured.

I went out and bought a Mathews Halon 6 the next day.
>>
>>33258561
High-test af
>>
Bows are pretty fun OP. I just shoot mine at targets around the yard, not for hunting. Still a nice skill set to have if ever needed though.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.