[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

K-K-KILLDOZER!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 20

File: doz.jpg (474KB, 1400x1191px) Image search: [Google]
doz.jpg
474KB, 1400x1191px
K-K-KILLDOZER!
>>
>>33258155
is that a landfill?
>>
>>33258155

oh shit

http://linkbeef.com/homemade-tank/
>>
>>33258208
no, debris from destroying buildings
>>
>>33258155
How would you even stop this thing?
>>
>>33258292
They couldn't, the dozer destroyed half the town with the police shooting at it. It only stopped when the engine failed
>>
Before the guy got stuck by having a tread fall into a basement and overloading the engine. There was talk of getting the national guard with helecopters and missiles to take it out.
>>
>>33258303
no, it only stopped when a track dropped into a basement it was unable to move, blew the motor, and the dude shot himself.
it took them like 12 hours to cut through to the cab.
>>
>>33258318
Wouldn't that violate the Posse Comitatus Act?
>>
>>33258407
i believe at that point, the NG had already taken control of the situation, or it would be something the governor would call in.
of course, CO denies it, but troopers have said that there was talk of calling in an apache hellfire strike or a javelin team before he got stuck in the hardware store.
for scale on that dozer, it's in the 50 ton, 400hp weight class, plus all that shit added to it.
so it's basically something 1.5-2x shermans in size with like 4 feet of effective armor on all sides.
>>
>>33258407
does not apply to national guard, you know the guard is for domestic purposes right?
>>
>>33258208
>>33258240
how new are you?
>>
File: 1456679883215.gif (14KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1456679883215.gif
14KB, 416x416px
>>33258431
I think there's a point where people will say "we need to prioritize public safety and property damage. We'll deal with the legal issues later."

If someone made a killdozer, proceeded to rampage in my town, only for someone to cry about 'muh law' then I'd ask them what their solution would have been.
>>
File: Marvin Heemeyer.png (240KB, 600x867px) Image search: [Google]
Marvin Heemeyer.png
240KB, 600x867px
>>33258588
>laws don't apply when I'm scared

>>33258428
I wonder how effective the composite armor of concrete between steel sheets would be against purpose built AT weapons.
>>
>>33258588
>not getting out a lawn chair, a bbq grill and a ice chest full of beer. all at a safe distance of course.

just how much of a faggot are you?
>>
>>33258642
well, it was pretty much immune to all the smalls they could throw at it, I believe they tried .50BMG as well, and it took like 14 hours to cut through it with an pxy/acetylene torch, so i'd figure it would do decent.
i'm curious as to how the shaped charge of something like an RPG would react with the concrete, as there's no real way to melt it like it does with steel.
my best guess is that it would cause the armor to act like a massive HESH round and translate the energy into the inner plate, thus causing massive spalling and fuckery inside, sending shit everywhere.
>>
I lived in Granby for 6 months a few years before this happened, did a ski season working at Winter Park. It's a tiny little town, weird that something like that would go down there.
>>
>>33258703
"Melting" isn't what you think of it at those forces. You think of melting in the frame of a heresy bar in the sun, when what a shaped charge is more akin to is a semi hitting a deer going 80. It's more kinetic forces than thermal that reduce things to a liquid "melted" state is what I'm getting at.
>>
>>33258765
so you basically transfer so much (kinetic) energy so quickly in an area so small that the matter (armor) doesn't know what to do and just liquefies?
god thats fucking cool.
>how much energy to make concrete shit the bed and go liquid
>>
>>33258155
He pretty much turned himself into a WH40K Dreadnought once it was sealed up. Or maybe just a sealed Chimaera/Rhino.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (46KB, 287x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
46KB, 287x200px
>>33258155
>I heard it
>>
File: 1476681616765.jpg (86KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476681616765.jpg
86KB, 720x960px
>>33258703
Just guessing here: I assume the concrete would crack and absorb some of the energy, sort of like ceramic plates. The rest of the energy could be stopped by the inner sheet of steel. I can't find the thickness of the steel he used though, so who knows.

I figure some of the crazy things being in Syria used the same armor design and have been taken out by AT weapons, but all people care about western tanks being killed.
>>
I'm curious as to when (if ever) he would have stopped without getting blown up by a helo. after he had razed all the homes and businesses of those who had ever fucked him over? after that, go dozer-columbine and just start killing people until the dozer crapped out or there was nothing left to kill?
after that, what else was his plan? would he have offed himself regardless? did he have some sort of an escape plan? give himself up?
wait for the cops to cut into the cab, kill them all, and suicide by cop?

really wish I coulda talked to this crazy ass motherfucker.

also, there was another guy with less justifiable motives who did this - barry swegle. dude crushed houses, cars, and power poles with an unarmored dozer, although he didn't have any morals, he just razed everything he could, although I'm unsure of how the cops stopped him.
>>
>>33258847
>would he have offed himself regardless
Like I, and the articles about it, said, he was sealed in there after having the armor lowered onto the dozer by a crane. He didnt have any way out.
>>
>>33258847
his tank had no door, he lowered the armor onto himself with a crane after getting into the drivers seat. Once the armor was on, there was no getting out of the tank. So yeah he was planning to die
>>
>>33258292
>How would you even stop this thing?
A bunch of C-wire
>>
>>33258407
>Wouldn't that violate the Posse Comitatus Act?
No! That only applies to the real branches of the Military.
>>
>>33258862
>>33258860
jesus christ, a 30 ton shell of fucking armor on top of a 50-ton dozer.

how would you improve upon the killdozer, assuming no limits on armor?

>caterpillar D11T dozer, about 2.5x the size, plus raised drive sprockets which are harder to kill
>do the same as he did with steel-concrete composite armor, with 3/4" steel plates, and 2 feet of rebar reinforced concrete as layers
>this shell would cover the entire cab, hood, top drive sprockets, blade cylinders, and main drive access plate
>add another 2 inch V shaped armor plate on the bottom of the dozer like an MRAP, with the dead space between the bottom of the frame and the plate full of reinforced concrete
>add an extra turbocharger to the engine and bore/stroke it for more power
>integrated weapons would be as follows;
>2x oerlikon 20mm autocannon at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions
>1x ar10 at the 6 o clock of the cab
>3x ar15, at 12, 3, and 9 o clock positions
>go pro cameras at all weapon stations as well as 2 tv grade cameras at 12 and 6 integrated into the armor, 6 inches of plexiglass protection covering their lenses
>all of these fed into multiple large TVs in the cab to see outside
>concertina wire surrounding the cab in a large net, energized with 100kv
>carry a 1911 on my person for self-removal if/when the dozer dies if it isn't blown up
>>
>>33258795
How do you 40k fags manage to gay up every thread you touch?
>>
>>33258318
>There was talk of getting the national guard with helecopters and missiles to take it out.
And this is why you don't let Civilians have authority over military assets. This is also why when you have rouge heavy vehicles tearing shit up you first call up combat engineers. They specialize in how to stop vehicles like this see >>33258930
>>
>>33258954
dozer tracks are different from tank tracks, so they're less susceptible to C-wire entanglement
best chance would be trying to get some sort of explosives to blow apart the drive sprockets. granted, there's still the problem of the armor and the integrated weapons, and now you have an 80 ton pillbox to deal with.
>>
>>33258949
Oh, that's the other thing, he had two gun ports at the front left and front right diagonal arcs and a couple rifles for plinking at soft targets and stuff like Power Transformer stations, which he tried to do but failed to penetrate.
>>
>>33258155
Post IDF d9 pls.
>>
File: caterpillar_d9.jpg (87KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
caterpillar_d9.jpg
87KB, 600x400px
>>33258973
gotcha anon
>>
>>33258823
That's because they know the armor on western tanks actually works.
>>
>>33258979
Man. Saw one of these up close a couple of weeks ago, they're huge. Much larger than an MBT. Some even have a couple of FN MAGs on them.
>>
>>
>>33258964
>dozer tracks are different from tank tracks

No, they really, really are not. Source, me after an ass hole boot ass ass hat dozer operator rolled the c-wire and I and 3 H. E. mechs spent the next 15 hours cutting out C-Wire
>>
>>33258993
hows 12N life? it's an MOS I've considered
>>
>>33258703
Concrete is less effective than steel against shaped charges on a thickness basis. Look up rated penetration of RPGs against bunkers.
So a handful of LAWs targeting the engine would have put a stop to the killdozer.
>>
>>33258997
>hows 12N life?
Don't know I was a 1371 (combat engineer). But From what I have witnessed HE operators have the easiest life as long as their equipment works and they don't fuck up, like rolling the C-wire. god damn boot ass lcpl shmuchatelli.
>>
>>33259005
assuming he didnt get on a gun and shoot at the LAW-firing personnel. now, it was notably considered that he went out of the way to not kill innocents, but I don't see this man as having any qualms at killing some LEOs or guardsmen who try to LAW him and his toy to death
>i fought the law and the law won
>>
>>33258930
Wernt tanks originally invented for the purpose of climbing over wire obstacles?
How far they've fallen.
>>
>>33258155
"He triiieeed to kill me with a forkliiiiiiift..."
>>
>>33258783
Concrete generally explodes when it gets hot

> be Auckland, New Zealand
> Build tunnel out of heat proof concrete so it didn't explode
> put barriers along the side/middle of regular explosive concrete
>>
>>33258303

The US would make good tank country. Large flat fields, relatively little AT weapons, and wide roads for ease of movement.
>>
>>33258588

By supplying police forces with anti-tank weapons capable of disabling the killdozer themselves so they can do their jobs in upholding the law. I mean, if we can trust the various Arab paramilitary units we hand them to, surely we can trust the NYPD with them?
>>
>>33259398

The Bradley isn't a tank. It was never designed to be a tank, and looks like one due to people trying to cram everything but a kitchen sink on it.

Though, the Merkava, which IS a tank, performs notoriously poorly against the trenches a Mk. IV has no trouble with specifically because the Merk is designed to operate in an urban environment. Different shapes for different roles.
>>
File: killdoser.png (48KB, 649x496px) Image search: [Google]
killdoser.png
48KB, 649x496px
>>33258155
KILLDOZER!
>>
>>33259434
Elaborate? Why did the Bradley struggle against c-wire? Why does the Merk IV perform better than the other Merk's? What happened to the Merk III's? It's been a long time since I've played Steel Panthers...
>>
Daily Reminder: he was murdered by police
>>
>>33259513
>Bradley IFV against wire
I want you to imagine what razor wire in the treads of a tank looks like. Now take away a few dozen tons from the overall weight and a few thousand horsepower from the engine. Shit is all fucked up and shit, yo.
>Why does the Merk IV perform better
Its the fourth iteration of the tank for a reason brohiem. Updated shit.
>>
>>33258703
Concrete is shit tier vs. anything other than small arms, improvised concrete armor has been tried plenty of times and it never worked
>>
>>33259513

The Bradley uses tracks modeled with built-in grousers in order to reduce its ground pressure, supported by torsion bars: these grousers are likewise liable to snag on curved wire when attempting to circumvent such obstacles, leading to the wire in question to getting dragged into the sprocket, thus disabling the vehicle. If you've ever seen WWII-era French tanks up to the ARL-44, you'll note how their tracks are constructed a specific way with a protruding contact point and the rest of each plate being fairly ovular with no jutting sections of geometry as well as the rollers and sprockets being covered behind metal plating: this allowed these specific tanks to cross barbed wire without risk of the wire ever getting tangled stuck in the drivers: if it somehow happened to snag, it would break against the external plates and slide off the tracks in sections, assuming it wasn't simply crushed.

As for the Merkava, I was referring to the British Mark IV of WWI vintange, not the Merkava IV, which still has problems navigating trenches and wires largely because it has short, narrow tracks relative to its weight, since as stated before its cross-country abilities are secondary to its mobility within urban environments. As far as tanks go, its an anomaly in design.
>>
>>33259566
>its cross-country abilities are secondary to its mobility within urban environments
Citation fucking needed.
Last time I checked, Merks were designed to fight Soviet-style tank hordes on 2 fronts, both the rocky Golan Heights and the dunes of the Sinai desert. And their mobility is pretty damn good, getting up to 60 km/h cross country. Even non-joo tabk designers have praised the suspension on the things.
If it were designed for urban combat it wouldn't have a 120mm gun.
>>
File: IMG_2196.jpg (109KB, 620x434px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2196.jpg
109KB, 620x434px
>concrete fags btfo
>>
>>33258407
depends on the circumstance but >>33258431
is correct. Technically the guard isn't supposed to even deploy overseas but we see how that has gone. Guard Soldiers are able to be deputized by LE during emergency situations and natural disasters. I have friends from my old Guard MP unit that were activated for Katrina and were deputized in some LA Parish by the Sheriff.
>>
>>33258930
As a former Bradley crewman this sent an IRL hill up my spine. Mechnics would definitely sham out and say this is a 10 level task.
>>
>>33258240
>>33258155

Holy fuck this man's a real genius, a legend! He deserves to be in the history books for his bold last stand.
>>
File: 1478950671929.gif (90KB, 260x233px) Image search: [Google]
1478950671929.gif
90KB, 260x233px
>>33258765

> heresy bar

Best candy idea ever.
>>
>>33258642
You're not violating the town's NAP, you're just responding to yours being violated. You're allowed to retaliate.
>>
>>33258862

Can you imagine the butthurt if he wrecked half the town and then shut the dozer down, called 911 and asked for help getting out?

> lay waste on all those cocksuckers who wronged you
> bitchslap the local cops
> destroy infrastructure everywhere all over town
> the Nasty Girls show up with the heavy artillery
> call 911 and say "Sorry, lol. Now you have to help me because I surrender."
> the local FD spends a day cutting you out while you drink whiskey and laugh at them

Fucker would have been a God for that.
>>
File: IMG_2395.gif (990KB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2395.gif
990KB, 360x274px
B-B-BILLDOZER
>>
How much damage do you think someone with a fully-loaded M41 could do to a town? Say you have a bunch of 76mm HE shells and go to town on your hometown. You pick the three other crewmen.
>>
>>33258208

It is now.
>>
>>33260941
Probably do enough damage it buildings to get them condemned but other than that nothing very impressive
>>
>>33258990
I need the link to this video
>>
>>33259419
Light. Rail. Enthusiast.
>>
>>33260916
would have indeed been great.
>>
He should've pulled into an auto shop and gotten his killdozer resprayed. It's the best way to drop a 5 star wanted level.
>>
>>33258949
It better come with WIFI.
>>
File: 1460365713747.gif (1MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1460365713747.gif
1MB, 480x272px
>>33258949

>napalm flamethrower for extra damage, fuck the fire department.
>shaped charges and claymores pointing outwards, allahu akbar
>said shaped charges may also act as reactive armor useful when the national guard comes for your ass
>spikes bristling the armor like a korean turtleship
>smoke grenade tube launchers for added confusion
>Tube launchers to launch pipe bombs into buildings.
>Nitrous oxide boost for building up ramming speed
>Redundant air intakes
>More turbochargers
>Extra fuel tank
>More cameras, can't afford to go blind.
>Loudspeaker for blasting out edgy, or ironic music.
>More napalm
>even more napalm
>an oxygen tank for those times you can't breath
>A tank helmet and padded clothing so you get knocked out by the shaking.
>Rig it to explode when they crack it open, allahu akbar
>>
File: 1287751307.jpg (57KB, 600x487px) Image search: [Google]
1287751307.jpg
57KB, 600x487px
>>33258949
>>carry a 1911 on my person for self-removal if/when the dozer dies if it isn't blown up
>not pic related
>>
>>33261803
no but he did make the cabin climate controlled kek
>>
>>33258407
Did you just call me a pussy communist?
>>
>>33258155
h-hes fast!
>>
>>33258650

Safe distance is for faggots. A real man would do all that while inside it.
>>
>>33265666

Satan trips to confirm.
Safe distance is now for faggots.
>>
>>33258292
czech hedgehogs
obama would have air striked it he had no problem striking americans
>>
>>33259419

>In the future, a great tank battle will take place.
>Tens of thousands of tanks will fight across Wyoming, Montana, the Dakotas and Nebraska
>>
File: Sandcrawler.png (2MB, 1070x816px) Image search: [Google]
Sandcrawler.png
2MB, 1070x816px
what do you guys think about my new killdozer
>>
>>33265928
looks like it would run out of gas in a couple miles
>>
>>33259419
NAAAAAH
Without the highway system the country is pretty much impassable.
>>
>>33261665
It was too hot
>>
>>33265946
its powered by dark matter, one 1 inch piece lasts a couple months time
>>
>>33258783
Yup. When the kinetic energy is greater than the binding energy, collisions look more like two liquids hitting each other than solids.
>>
>>33258949
you're forgetting
>put net armor around the whole thing that will stop rpgs and other munroe effect based explosive warheads
>have external layered armor plates outside the concrete to fuck with HESH
>>
>>33260916
And then pop yourself anyway right as the camera crews get their first good angle
>>
>>33261874
>no ivan is bomb/10
I wonder how a V plate would redirect a claymores 20ft backblast
>detonate claymore
>anyone to the sides of it near the tank but outside the cone of death gets fucked by the backblast
>>
>>33259419

The logistics of something like gasoline would be a fucking nightmare
>>
>>33267343
the number of vital bridges and overpasses in the east an west coasts would be a fucking nightmare/terrorist and enemy "march to atlanta" field day
a shaped charge or a line of thermite on a super skyway overpass in a megacity, especially going off when overloaded by bradleys and humvees would make ISIS killdozer footage pale in comparison.
>>
>>33259419
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Try telling that to anyone who lives in a state with mountains. You could split Montana in half by blocking a dozen roads with debris from the cliffs above.
>>
File: Flags-on-Elbert-.jpg (328KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Flags-on-Elbert-.jpg
328KB, 1200x800px
>>33259419
60 tons is a lot of weight to get up mountain passes.

Especially is those mountain passes are full of people shooting at you.
>>
>>33267909
>is
if*
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (262KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
262KB, 1920x1080px
>>33258930
I really doubt it. A dozer would just tear up C-wire.

It's made to push dirt, and lots of fucking dirt at that. It's u/c is much more stout than most tanks, the main compenent of a dozer is it's undercarriage.
t.heavy equipment operator
>>
>>33268002
A dozer may fare better since it could try pushing the c wire out of the way, but one that shit gets caught in the tracks and in the drive you're stopping. It's not a matter of the strength of the undercarriage
>>
File: 7815647866_846561f043_b.jpg (464KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
7815647866_846561f043_b.jpg
464KB, 1024x768px
>>33258990
>vs. loader
>loader
It's a scraper anon

>>33268063
I really doubt it man. It would just tear it. It isn't about pushing it out of the way, it's u/c would just pinch and crush it. There is nothing the c wire could do to bind it up, you don't understand the immense forces at play here. Especially on something the size of a d155.
>>
>>33259437
fantastic
>>
>>33258155
required listening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8rS-pamGdE
>>
>>33268370
>don't say he was a hero
shit video
>>
>>33268122
shit, even something D6-tier could roll over it. there's nothing to bind.
>>33268002
>t.heavy equipment operator
hello friend
>>
>>33258730
Working a ski season here in salida at monarch. Kinda sucks but that free season pass is the shit
>>
>>33260916

>do you have any weapons in there?
>... no...
>>
>>33265991
MAJOR choke points at the Appalachians, Mississippi, Rockys, and Sierras
>>
>>33260805

>operators recklessly trash their shit.
>HURR DURR MAINTENANCE HELP
>they get handed tools and a tm
>FUCKING POGS

Take responsibility for once in your life
>>
>>33258240
interresting this thing doesnt have a door
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.