[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Patton right to slap those soldiers who were most likely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 25

File: PATTON SLAP.jpg (25KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
PATTON SLAP.jpg
25KB, 400x306px
Was Patton right to slap those soldiers who were most likely suffering from PTSD?
>>
>>33254839
>In 1915 Patton was assigned to border patrol duty with A Company of the 8th Cavalry, based in Sierra Blanca.[41][42] During his time in the town, Patton took to wearing his M1911 Colt .45 in his belt rather than a holster. His firearm discharged accidentally one night in a saloon, so he swapped it for an ivory-handled Colt Single Action Army revolver, a weapon that would later become an icon of Patton's image.[43]

What a faggot.
>>
>>33254858

Well, it certaintly was a change for the better
>>
>>33254858

>it's the guns fault!
Patton sounds like a 1940's fud.
>>
File: 1484956814832.jpg (75KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484956814832.jpg
75KB, 800x800px
Oh look commies bashing on Patton because he said the NAZI's need to be turned and pointed at Jewish lead Communist's. Hmm I guess we really are being raided.
>>
>>33254991

Just don't slap PTSD suffers, man
>>
>>33254839
I don't think what he did was right, but I believe he honestly thought he was helping them be better men. He was born 1000 years too late.
>>
>>33254839
PTSD is something libtards came up with because no God-fearing Republican would ever exhibit such cowardly behavior.

its a fucking cop-out and you know it.
>>
Yes. When someone is being that big of a pussy like a hysterical woman you need to slap some sense in them. I don't give a shit how scary war is:(. The world was embroiled in the middle of the biggest conflict in history, with nothing less than the freedom of Asia and Europe at stake. You can go home and cry in your lap when the job is done.
>>
>>33254839
Honestly no, I watched the movie with my grandparents and they said when they (and all of America) heard about it they were pissed.
>>
>>33256007
>I don't give a shit how scary war is:(.
>t. man whose only experience with the horror of war is video games
>>
>>33256012
Oh so your grandparents heard about it, sitting in their comfy homes away from any kind of bloodshed or fighting, and decided to get mad at what someone did to help the war effort? Fuck your grandparents. Too bad they didn't live in London so a V-2 could have blown their worthless, lazy asses up
>>
>>33256002
fearing God makes you a coward
>>
>>33254912

Found the gay guy.
>>
File: images-27.jpg (4KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
images-27.jpg
4KB, 188x268px
>>33254839
>tfw your grandpa suffered PTSD on the boat at Normandy, didn't even leave ship
>tfw he was reassigned as an MP for Patton
>tfw he died before he could tell me if he got slapped like a bitch
>>
>>33256028
>hurrrr muh horror of war

War has been a part of the human experience since time immemorial. Shut the fuck up you giant pussy. For every vet that comes home and bitches about how evil and horrible it was there's just as many who either realize that it was a job that needed to get done or actually enjoyed it.

Of course you don't enjoy seeing your friends die and killing people. But you take solace in the fact that it needs to be done, and you form bonds with the people you're doing that job with.

So shut the fuck up, pussy. If you really try shrugging off your duty by saying you you're too scared to go back out and fight with your buddies who are making up for your loss, you're honestly a worthless, selfish piece of shit and deserve a firing squad.

Again, you can go home and cry and write a blog post when the job is done. Until then, shut the fuck up, man up, and get in line. If your mind isn't mentally capable of war, then you're a genetic failure and should have been eliminated from the gene pool a long time ago. And I realize that in saying this, yes, perhaps I would be one of these pathetic crybabies if I went to war. In which case I would hope I would die because the gene pool doesn't need inferior parasites who leech off of society.
>>
>>33256047
>grandpa experienced PTSD before combat
Nah, your grandpa was just a fucking coward.
>>
>>33256034
10/10 MOST UNDERRATE POST IN THIS THREAD
>>
>>33256086
Pretty much, why he deserved to be slapped. He was actually deferred from the war since he worked in oil, but got scared from housewives hurling cans at him.
>>
Enlistedfags are there to be slapped.

In the good old days we could simply whip them to serve as examples.
>>
>>33256074

>muh war is a part of life
>muh real men are warriors
>muh genetic failure

we get it, you take /pol/ seriously.
>>
>>33256160
>genetic failure is /pol/
No, that's real life. Didn't read the rest of his post, but there are many who can be described as carriers of shit genes.
>>
>>33254858
killed a guy
the official story says muh accidentally dicharge
ya cunts
>>
>>33256160
Truly, a casualty.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (596KB, 2000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
596KB, 2000x1250px
>>33256178
What's your point?
>>
>>33256160
>every animal literally has a natural fight response
>humans are social animals
>war not being a part of natural life

Primates kill each other all the fucking time. So yes, faggot, war literally is a part of natural human life. If you aren't cut out for it, you literally are an evolutionary failure (if you're male).

You have nothing to argue except feelings. McFucking kill yourself and improve the already degrading white gene pool a bit, assuming you aren't a shitskin.

And again, yes, real men ARE warriors. If you aren't capable of hunting, providing shelter, and defending your tribe (or in today's parlance, being able to afford a house and food for your family and defending your country if need be), you are a fucking pathetic waste. The world has too many people as it is. We don't need to waste resources on parasites like that.
>>
>/k/ suddenly hates Patton
What the h*ck happened?
>>
>>33256142
Someone needs to whip that fatbody right next to the officer. What a disgusting blob of shit, can't believe that is allowed in the military. But I guess when you have a Navy that accepts fags and women and trannies, you'll take fatasses too
>>
>>33256204
Reddit and a bunch of leftists who suddenly browse /k/ to foster their dreams of leading a revolution against Trump. Also, spring break is also this time of year.
>>
>>33256199

>i was born in the wrong generation
>everyone else my age is a fucking degenerate weak beta nucuck
>im a warrior
>when shit hits the fan they will be sorry they made fun of me in middle school

how come everyone who talks like this automatically assumes THEY are the chosen ones and everyone else is the problem?
>>
>>33254839
Yes, I know people that have PTSD and they never once sat around crying like a little bitch. It mainly just manifested as bad dreams and getting violent after having too much to drink.

>>33256178
This sounds about right.
>>
>>33256074
calling soldiers pussies while simultaneously self-deprecating yourself and admitting you would be also one of those pussies doesn't really make your argument look good
>>
>>33256074
>>33256034
>>33256007
ITT: Patton
>>
>>33256002
Found the no gunz
>>
>>33256199
>(if you're male)
>not breeding a caste of warrior females
cuck
>>
>>33254839
By today's standards, no. In the past, things like PTSD weren't thoroughly investigated and it was widely believed that these men were being pussies (Minus those who underwent severe shell shock, they got sent to mental wards)
>>
>>33254991
>>>/pol/
is that way
>>
>>33256270
>shooting guns gave me ptsd

Go back to Sweden cuck.
>>
File: 6a2.png (47KB, 125x127px) Image search: [Google]
6a2.png
47KB, 125x127px
>>33256199
Christ, you're so fucking cringeworthy. You're like a fucking LARPer, for fucks sake.
>>
>>33256251
When did I ever say any of that shit, faggot? This applies to every generation. Just because humans have invented new ways to talk to each other and fancy new shit to wear over their naked bodies doesn't change our genetics or what is naturally expected of us.

I stand by what I said. It's supported by biology, your argument is supported by your feelings and your own projections of your failings as a man and a human being in general. I also never said I WOULDN'T be one of those people in combat. Maybe I would be. I also said if I was, I too would deserve to be wiped out. The world is too fucking full already, we don't need dead weight.
>>33256256
I didn't call soldiers pussies, but nice strawman. I said that these faggots who sit and cry uncontrollably and refuse to fight because they're too scared are nothing but cowards and don't deserve to live. If, IF, I was to be the same way, I would expect the same of myself. If you are not capable of your natural instincts to defend your people and kill if necessary, you are quite literally an evolutionary failure.
>>
>>33256338
You're so tough and cool anon.
>>
>>33256329
>"Oh shit, I'm a 25 year old neckbeard virgin who's so fat I can barely make it up a staircase without getting out of breath. My mommy and daddy still pay my rent and I couldn't survive two days in the woods without lots of Nature Valley granola bars and chicken tendies, I guess I really am a failure."
>"HAHA YEAH WELL YOU'RE JUST LARPING. HAHA THAT SHOWED HIM, IGNORE THE FACT THAT IN THE WILD PRIMATES WHO ARE INCAPABLE OF DEFENDING THEIR TRIBES ARE EITHER KILLED OR EXILED."

Neck yourself
>>
>>33256363
>"I have no argument but I must (You): the post
>>
>>33256074
woah you're so cool dude
>>
>>33256367

you're either pulling a long con or you are the retard that was attracted to /pol/ when you say people pretending to be retards.
>>
>>33256338
>"And I realize that in saying this, yes, perhaps I would be one of these pathetic crybabies if I went to war"

Looks like it's time to off yourself my man.
>>
>>33256301
How bout you fuck off you commie piece of shit.
>>
>>33256385
>"Shit, everything he said is right and supported by observations in genetics, evolutionary theory, and primate sociology"
>"Yeah well you're stupid"

Wow, good one, great argument. Let me phone up Jane Goodall and tell her your revolutionary theories on the roles of male primates within the tribe caste.
>>
>>33256367
You can't expect people to take you seriously if you legitimately believe that people who suffer from PTSD are genetic failures and should not be allowed to live. You're a joke. I don't give a fuck about what wild primates do. Looks like the thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to contemplate our actions, huh? Looks like you should go join the fucking monkeys in their shit-flinging contests because your intelligence sure rivals a fucking ape.
>>
File: 1485722261832.jpg (545KB, 1200x746px) Image search: [Google]
1485722261832.jpg
545KB, 1200x746px
>>33254839
No, but at the time we had no idea about the science behind PTSD so i can't blame him. I'm certain if he knew about the moral implications and its effects on a fighting force he would be less of a hardass about it.
>>
>>33256429

face it dude, you look like a moron and everyone is laughing at you. nothing you say can change this.
>>
>>33254991
>Patton because he said the NAZI's need to be turned and pointed at Jewish lead Communist's.
??
>>
>>33256453
Primates can eat raw meat and not suffer from improperly folded pirons from cannibalism.

we are an order of magnitude different from great apes.
>>
>>33256237
I guess I'm a ledditor and a leftist now because I don't like the dick sucking of a cunt and what who would be considered a dumb fudd by today's standards.
>>
>>33256512
Patton wanted to immediately rearm and redeploy the Nazi's and annihilate the communists. After taking Berlin he questioned whether they had defeated the right enemy.
>>
>>33256470
That's not really true. The 1000 yard stare was well documented and there were plenty of Great War vets who suffered terrible PTSD.
>>
>>33256199
Did you graduate top of your class in the navy seals?
>>
>>33256514
>not suffer from improperly folded pirons from cannibalism.
I'm pretty sure the reason why is because they avoid the brain. Also, yes, they can into going to war as presented with our closest companion, the Chimpanzee
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War
>>
>>33256409
How the fuck am I a commie for not wanting Nazi drivel on /k/, especially when this pertains to the dude slapping people suffering from PTSD?
>>
>>33256563
>No, but at the time we had no idea about the science behind PTSD so i can't blame him.
>at the time we had no idea about the science behind PTSD
>had no idea about the science behind PTSD
>the science behind PTSD
>the science
>behind PTSD
>science
>behind
>PTSD
>>
>>33256002
>God-fearing Republican
>he got cucked by the jewish god
>>
>>33254839
It's hard to say given the lack of information regarding the lives of either Kuhl or Bennett.

We can, however, say pretty conclusively that slapping Kuhl was wrong. This is because Kuhl wasn't suffering from PTSD, but from undiagnosed dysentery and malaria and was running a fever of over 102 degrees.

Bennett is a harder case, as it seems most likely that he was suffering from PTSD, being a 4 year veteran with a previously exemplary record. We know that he served later in Korea, so he did recover, and we also know that he didn't remain in the hospital of his own wishes but because of the medical staff. However, we also know that his original visit to the hospital involved him falsely representing his condition and going AWOL, so he becomes a much less sympathetic victim.
>>
>>33256570
If you knew anything about cannibalism in humans you'd know that Kuru forms whenever part of the nervous system is ingested, that includes sensory organs found in the fatties meats of humans.

Humans are just flat out not supposed to engage in cannibalism, even the Fore tribe didn't build sufficient resistance to avoid annual deaths from Kuru
>>
>>33254991
>Hmm I guess we really are being raided.
I guess we are, by you.
>>
>>33256570
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War
Sounds like they chimped out so hard it gave Goodall a mild case of battle fatigue.
>>
>>33256007
>with nothing less than the freedom of Asia and Europe at stake.
The Nazi's & Japs were fighting for freedom
>>
>>33256204
Noone said they hated Patton, for fuck's sake.

>>33256237
And this idiot doesn't know what he's fucking talking about. There's nothing inherently librul about OP's question. It's actually one of the better attempts to foster discussion around here.

But because of this bullshit about how we're being raided by fucking reddit, you and every other /pol/-smoking idiot keep jumping on anything that triggers you and begin screaming "leftists!".
>>
>>33254839
No.

The first soldier he slapped was actually very ill, and the second soldier had repeatedly requested to be returned to the front. Neither were the type of malingerers that Patton thought them to be.
>>
File: 1472774914709.jpg (353KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472774914709.jpg
353KB, 1920x1080px
>>33254839
>>
>>33256621
Faggot
>>
>>33256817
I've all ways been here. I don't want my children to grow up and be genocide for being white. Guess I'm a racist. Rhodesia is the model. S.A is about to be Bush War 2.0, LARAZA and BLM are calling for the open Genocide for white people. Sorry it is the world we live in. The people of Europe, according to Article 2 of the Geneva convention on Genocide. Are being Genocided hell even here in the U.S.
>>
File: S1History_Von-Steuben_1941.jpg (158KB, 852x508px) Image search: [Google]
S1History_Von-Steuben_1941.jpg
158KB, 852x508px
>>33257055
oh, great riposte, i am mortally wounded good man! yield! I yield!
>>
In previous wars, battles were face to face, or at least within view of eachother. Also, there are other mental and nervous issues that can arise from being exposed to prolonged artillery barrages. Hysterically crying or laughing is kind of normal for people who have been through things you dont even get to see in movies
>>
>>33254991
Hey /pol/lack, by the way, Patton also forced those same Germans to clean up the camps that you deny exist.

He didn't like the Nazis, he just hated commies more.
>>
>>33256251
is that a rhetorical question? if you have to ask, you ARE the problem.

i think i hear them calling you back to tumblr
>>
File: youre-dumb-deal-with-it.jpg (42KB, 553x412px) Image search: [Google]
youre-dumb-deal-with-it.jpg
42KB, 553x412px
>>33257615

what a faggot

mfw he didn't like nazis, but the soviets murdered him anyway
>>
>>33256142
>dat cadet

you know what that officer will be slapping later
>>
>>33256204
Pointing out a fuckup does not necessarily equate to a general dislike.
>>
>>33256470
Battle Fatigue was a well documented and recognized illness by WW2 and accusing a soldier with it of simple cowardice was out of line.
>>
>>33256034
Kek
>>
>>33256941
Patton was a gloryhound faggot, but was competent at what he did. He's the archetypal cavalry officer.
>>
File: 1480074264429.png (105KB, 954x1157px) Image search: [Google]
1480074264429.png
105KB, 954x1157px
There's been nonstop leftishit shilling on here and other boards since Trump won.
>>
>>33256204
>thinking someone shouldn't slap soldiers with PTSD
>hating one of America's greatest generals
ain't the same faggot warehouse gund
>>
File: anymG2E_460s.jpg (39KB, 460x459px) Image search: [Google]
anymG2E_460s.jpg
39KB, 460x459px
Everybody who thinks it was justified gtfo. You dont belong on /k/ if you lack the appreciation for those men who gave everything to the point where they developed a mental illness. Somebody needs to slap some sense into you since you apparently never learned to be thankful.
>>
>>33257754
this.
fug gommies :D :D :D
>>
>>33255942
They are pussies is what they are. Yellow bellied cowards.
>>
>>33257865
You're right. We should treat deserters and cowards just the same as we treat Medal of Honor recipients.

Fuck off, faggot. If your time in the service fucks you up, that's tragic, and you should definitely be given support... when you get home. There's no excuse for being a literal coward, especially in the middle of a non-meme war like WWII, just because you can't hack it.
>>
File: 1474662267981.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1474662267981.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>33257754
>No one could possibly disagree with me by believing that trauma is a real thing, that it's not 'unmanly' to get fucked up by watching people torn apart around you
>no, they're just commies and redditor saboteurs, and CTR
Take your meds, schizo.
>>
>>33256546
And after making these statements, he gets killed in a very mysterious, odd car crash
Hmmmm
>>
PTSD doesnt exist.
>>
>>33257719
Correct! It was a very controversial gesture at the time, and frankly unjustifiable. Patton was a rich kid LARPer who built a persona of what he thought the ideal military man should be. He did his job well, but he was still more than a bit of a nutter.

>>33256875

I saw some thread on /pol/ made by a self proclaimed ex-shill who described how CTR would false flag on other boards with insanely retarded opinions. The objective was to alienate /pol/ and stymie the number of people flowing to it. Frankly, I didn't believe much of what else he said, but I'll cherry pick that.

So on one hand, opening with a RWDS banner and the claim that "PTSD is for pussies," is almost too stupid to be real. ALMOST. I just really, really don't want to believe that somebody is so insanely mind-numbingly retarded that they think PTSD is a jewish lie, or just for pussies.

Protip: if you think biology is the end all be all, then start looking at neurology. Brains are machines and machines can be broken. PTSD has a neurological basis and some people are more susceptible to it than others. The tl;dr is that the experience is so overpowering that it literally etches neurological pathways into the brain. The hippocampus, which is concerned with memory, and the amygdala, which is concerned with fear learning and the sensation of fear. PTSD victims usually see the hippocampus shrink, and I read a study not too long ago which stated that a more active amygdala is likely what leaves people susceptible to PTSD. From what I understand, during the traumatic event, both of these areas basically get completely overloaded. The experience actually seems to etch pathways into the brain of patient. That's why people with PTSD can get flashbacks. The memories are literally still there, and if you activate those pathways they experience it all over again. Pretty shitty deal.

DNA and epigenetics are only one half of the picture.
>>
File: avGPN5X_460s.jpg (28KB, 460x264px) Image search: [Google]
avGPN5X_460s.jpg
28KB, 460x264px
>>33258061
There is a difference between ptsd and just being afraid you dumbfuck, you cant just overcome it like a fear
>>
It's not about wet her Patton was right or wrong beating those soldiers. It's much more about why other Army commanders like Hodges etc were able to achieve their goals without the stance Patton showed each day.

There was a reason that Bradley got chosen instead of him.
There was a reason that Patton didn't have a command for one year after that Italy beating incident.
>>
>>33258138

weak ass GI, I was at FOB Boris for 8 months, honestly was the best time of my life, killed 3 haji's too.
>>
File: Bomberbattle.webm (1MB, 586x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bomberbattle.webm
1MB, 586x400px
>>33256074
>We used to hit each other with rocks, therefore this is not scary and totally natural
>>
>>33256546
Nigga that was mostly Churchill. Operation Unthinkable.
>>
>>33258126
Gr8 B8 M8
>>
>>33258188
This

Patton had several shortcomings including mindless attacking. Don't get me wrong, being aggressive is absolutely necessary but he attacked for the sake of attacking - wasting his own men just as much as his enemy.

As you said: other generals did the same without sacrificing their men.

And in my opinion: Patton was a big old asshole
>>
>>33256178
>kill man with 1911
>switch gun to single action army
>???
>profit?
>>
>>33256714
>the only reasoned, potentially sourceable post answering the OP in the entire thread
>pol-fag has no answer
>Nazis btfo by fact and logic
>>
>>33258405
It's not even just on the attack. He also fucked his men away from the front, like with his asinine rule against driving jeeps with the wind screen and top cover up. In the winter.
>>
>>33257615

>given orders to make nazis clean up
>hahaha this proooves that he hated nasis just like me! Ignore his words they are irrelevant!
>>
>>33256251

because everyone else is a degenerate weak beta nucuck?

read the fucking post he explains it right there
>>
>>33254839
Turns out people good at commanding armies are sometimes huge assholes.
>>
>>33256620

these are strange times

if you arnt actively against commies you might as be one
>>
>>33256007

im sure glad we won

would be terrible to not have freedom heh heh

anyway I better get back to work.... mr shekleberg said if he catches me slacking again he`ll replace me
>>
>>33256817

>I dont like that fact!
>Get out pollllllll!!!!
>>
>>33257738
>was competent at what he did.
>Disregarding direct orders
>fucking up battle plans by glory hogging battles that weren't his to fight
>Getting exponentially more casualties than any other military leader in the same operating theater.
>competent

kek!
>>
>>33258717
>good at commanding armies
>Paton
>good

Kek.
>>
>>33257813
>one of America's greatest generals
When did this Thread become about Chesty Puller?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrtS2_TfbeY&spfreload=10
>>
>>33258604

Unless pol hates people with dysentery for some reason id say this answer didnt really BTFO anyone, he was just trying to answer the question

not everything is about the boogyman
>>
File: e5e.jpg (56KB, 527x705px) Image search: [Google]
e5e.jpg
56KB, 527x705px
Look at all these faggots in this post, thinking their grandpa was the biggest coward.

My Grandpa was conscripted to fight for Fascist Italy in ww2, so when he was walked to the recruitment officer he did a 180 and ran as fast as he could. Then the Carabinieri would eventually catch him and he'd get court marshaled. He's an Italian hero
>>
File: 1486858910807.jpg (106KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1486858910807.jpg
106KB, 400x300px
>>33257615

Modern day US limp wristed Antifa commies need to fuck off out of the US and go to their bastions of Communist country shit holes. Hell, they shit on Putin and China, and Putin would probably be the poster child of the closest thing that a Communist Leader would look like. They can't even point too, to a communist country they would like to see American become or one that has existed or exists today, or has been successful anywhere, and just uses deflections of, "well, none of those communist countries are REALLY communist, we need to fight fascists everywhere", vague boogeyman justifications and arguments that can point to no one in particular, but towards the white population for whatever reason (funny, that a lot of Antifa protestors are white themselves and burning "free speech" flags and instigating riots and violence) and ghost hunting, using vague buzzword terms like "institutional racism", "Nazis", "fascism" etc. without pointing to any every remotely major institution, or person, or group, EXCEPT, white America, claiming that if YOU DON'T agree with me, you are a fascist. Which in a sense is fascism itself, using violence and silence tactics to stop other from debating in a civil manner, and using double think and double talk as their weapons.

Hell, they even protest lectures and OPEN debates at colleges that actually let students and members of the community debate, and when they don't get their way, they riot, burn down buildings and attack people.

The left is closer to the authoritarian world of thought and word police, in George Orwell 1984 than it is in being the bastions of freedom.

>The very concept of objective truth is fading out of the world. Lies will pass into history. - George Orwell

>War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell

>The further society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it. - George Orwell

(Please excuse me, I know this is not /po/.)

Save 1st and 2nd amendment!
>>
File: muh ptsd isnt real haha.jpg (63KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
muh ptsd isnt real haha.jpg
63KB, 400x366px
>>33254839
this entire thread
>>
>>33258652
>windshield wiping in record-breaking winter
>conductive to rapid movement
Spot the brit.
>>33258405
If you're not attacking while you're ahead, you're not going to do shit, period.
>>33258188
How many of bradley's doctrinal advances have survived to this day?
I'd go as far as to argue that bradley was second to most italian theatre commanders. The difference is that bradley doesn't make mistakes and had better conditions to fight under overall.
>>
>>33254858
>discharge 1911 accidentally while in belt

i mean even if he didnt use the frame mounted safety, there is still a grip safety to overcome. i really wonder what the fuck he was doing, probably showing off to some drunk bitches
>>
>>33254858
official story =/= what actually happened

I suggest you read a little further into what really happened
>>
>>33256074

The disconnect comes when the Gov. orders you to kill people you don't want to kill in order to protect people you don't want to protect. Why should we defend California with the blood of patriotic Americans from the Russians who also don't want to kill us when its actively undermining the Union and they have stated out right that they do not want us to fight under their behalf?
>>
PATTIN DINDU NUFFING
>>
>>33259099
>Spot the brit.

Yeah because driving in open vehicles without windshields AND sufficent winter clothing sure is good both for morale and health

>If you're not attacking while you're ahead, you're not going to do shit, period.

True, but attacking where waiting and concentrating forces and THEN attack would safe lifes is just stupid. We had the equipment, we could exchange material for blood - Patton's overly aggressive manner forgot that more than once, killing way more of his men as necessary for the mission.

>I'd go as far as to argue that bradley was second to most italian theatre commanders.

Yeah, thats why Bradley was, although younger, chosen to be senior to Patton. Eisenhower himself said, that

"Patton was not being a good team player; he was causing problems in the allied font"

Here you can read it all: http://www.militaryhistoryonline.com/wwii/articles/twogeneral.aspx

Patton was a hothead who made the wrong decisions more than once. We would have won without him - in the same time but with fewer loss of GIs
>>
>>33258717
Yeah but that would assume that Patton was a good commander - he was not.

All he could do is act like the tough guy, giving big speeches to his man while totally ignoring the reality of theatre.
>>
>>33259406
Spoken like a true bleeding heart. Having men does not win war. Having no men loses war, but having more men does not win war. The wellbeing of the average soldier is of inconsequence nine times out of ten because A - fighting men adapt (which they did) and B - war is about a balance between danger and morale. If we wanted good morale all we need to do is never send men into battle, problem solved. Wars are a bit more complicated than that.
>but attacking where waiting and concentrating forces and THEN attack would safe lifes is just stupid
Putting aside that lives are overrated (They are, see russians), the race to germany had implications on the cold war well beyond patton's time. For ever potential life saved from a more conservative patton, tens of thousands would be made to live in east germany.
All the jeering of patton as a non-politically minded general who knew about nothing but to charge seems ludicrous when you realize the Berlin airlift never would've been necessary had patton got his way.
>We would have won without him - in the same time but with fewer loss of GIs
With amazing warplans like Market Garden? Plans where they should have, as an anonymous poster noted, "waiting and concentrating forces and THEN attack", withOUT breaking millenia old adages such as "make sure you have a supply route you dumb tard"?

That Montgomery essentially condemned such a large sum of war resources, and by extension germany, into nazi and soviet hands, yet is lauded as Britain's hero, proves just how brittle and vain the old empire had become.
>>
>>33258921
This is like /pol/ Autism bingo
>>
>>33254839
no the guy shot him self in the foot by accident but patton thought he was a coward he was actually a vet who went into lots of battles

kinda sickens me the higher ups are all psycopaths they are not in the firing line all the time i wonder how long wars would be going on if it was just those fat cunts fighting the war
>>
>>33259441
>All the jeering of patton as a non-politically minded general who knew about nothing but to charge seems ludicrous when you realize the Berlin airlift never would've been necessary had patton got his way.

LMAO What possible feasible scenario would the USSR allow the Allies to keep Germany mostly intact?

Further, dismissing morale as an important factor in warfare and with a side of muh asiatic hordes...damn son.
>>
>>33259441
>says a bunch of edgy horseshit that is directly contradicted by the current direction of US military protocol
kids like you should serve and learn something
>>
>>33257110
Ill agree with you on the bush war 2.0.
From what l understand the govt got rid of the rural commandos, then promised to replace them, but havent, and blacks are now running/killing the white farmers off their farmland, while zuma and his cronies refuse to acknowledge whats going on.

Come to new zealand, heaps of you safas here, and youre not too bad.
>>
>>33258803

That's not how you spell W.T. Sherman.
>>
>>33259543
We're talking WW2 here. Compared to his contemporaries, Patton's actions were highly positive. He never had the option of fighting sandniggers with a 200 to 1 artillery ratio so don't pretend your LT wouldn't send your ass to Fallujah. And don't fucking lecture me on obscure commands from up high affecting morale, at least Patton had reasons that were halfway sensible.
>>
>>33259522
>kinda sickens me the higher ups are all psycopaths they are not in the firing line all the time
Something called "commanding a modern armed force." m8.

Advances in logistics, communication, command & control, weapons capabilities, and the amount of men modern society can throw in a war meant military campaigns were a vast & complicated exercise that basically removes the general from being in the field.

And Patton KNOWS how it is to be in the field: he was in the shit in WWI.
>>
>>33254991
Learn to spell you illiterate skinheaded troglodyte
>>
File: 200w.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>33256074
The edge is so strong in this post, I'll need a few stitches. So hardcore.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 765x933px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 765x933px
>>33254991
How does I feel being literal human trash?
>>
>>33256251
Because you have fat, lazy basement dwelling neckbeards who have the social skills of a rotten carcass (as well as the odour) and who have a vendetta against normal and well adjusted people that they rationalised and thus perceive them to be weaker or lesser than them because they have never been properly socialised and have been shunned ever since childhood. So rather than admit the problem, they rather immaturely put the blame on the world around them and become even more anto-social and reclusive. In their minds, it is the "others" that are weak and undeserving of them and they are always under threat from the "others". This is why they form these twisted anti-social mindsets, and these niche subcultures that they turn to echo boxes on the internet. I would know, I was once one of them.
>>
>>33257754
You do realise that these are the exact same tactics you /pol/tards, stormfags, and alt-rightards have been employing on this website for years now? I don't see why we should side with you. As far as I can tell your partisan drivel has shat up this board and ruined what would have been a legitimately interesting thread. And this shit has been going on since 2010 and has been getting worse every year.
>>
>>33258226
You were a pog taking potshots
>>
>>33256404
>perhaps
>>
>>33254991
I am commie and approve slapping cowards.. Don't assume every leftist is a soft cucked sissy blacked faggot actual revolutionary communists are probably tougher and more disgusted by this modern western decadence than right-wingers..

And back to /pol/. Both of us.
>>
>>33256028
Go back to reading those faggy existential artist types, who also happened to be commies. War ain't that bad.
>>
>>33256142
What a horrible fucking posture
>>
>>33254839
Easy for him to slap his troops when he was in the rear drinking bourbon
>>
>>33254839
>all the kiddies and hipsters saying PTSD isnt real
No shit when you faggots don't even know what it's like to live one hard day in your life. The extent of your trauma ranges from spilling your ice cream or stubbing your toe. If you're a sheltered faggot, like 90% of you, your opinion on the subject is wholly irrelevant.
>>
Slapping brings people back to their composures, so yeah, I side with Patton.
>>
>>33259809
How is it exact same tactics?

At least /pol/acks are 4channers.
>>
>>33256367
Have you ever served? Be honest, you have no incentive to lie. Clearly, a warrior such as yourself must be out in the battlefields everyday.
>>
>>33259851
>be leftist
>complain about western decadence
Nigger, your whole ideology is about not having to work but can eat anyway.
>>
>>33259724
grammar nazi
>>
>>33259724
?
>>
>>33254839
Didn't it turn out this guy actually had Malaria?

>Also when is Patton supposed to be back?
>>
But what would Creed do?
>>
File: tumblr_mt1m5ftbta1qh8a0zo1_250.gif (494KB, 205x194px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mt1m5ftbta1qh8a0zo1_250.gif
494KB, 205x194px
>>33254858
>mfw patton had a ND

dude him and mcarthur, i just dont have any admiration for anymore.
>>
>>33259156
He probably had the grip safety pinned and the thumb safety off, as many revolver guys were known to do.

People being dumb with guns is hardly a new concept.
>>
>>33258009
i know this is a troll, but god damn are you so ever wrong.
>>
>>33259809
>siding with redditers

I FOUND THE INFILTRATOR!
>>
>>33262551

xdd internet tribalism
>>
>>33256002
Na dude, anyone who has gone through some severe trauma can recognize the symptoms if they aren't drunk or on drugs like some shitbag. PTSD is no joke. People think I'm fucking crazy but I was raped after being knocked unconscious and had my jaw dislocated(5yo), witnessed a murder suicide around the same age, then the cops shot my dog ten feet away from me(6yo), ingested 3 hits of LSD at once(5-7yo) while I was held down and forced to keep quiet in a dark garadge, all around the same age. Been jumped and hit in the head with skateboards, knocked me out and I woke up with broken ribs(23yo).

Didn't even remember most of it until I was older because the jolting emotional and physical trauma from those things happening was so fucking powerful I couldn't even remember entire memories all at once. Fractured memories especially with the rape. No joke dude.

I avoid social situations where people are behind me and have night terrors that have me waking up swinging fists and terrified trying to turn on the lights at 2-4am. Haunted by those memories.
>>
>>33256142
golem get ye gone!
>>
>>33263439
ptsd only happens to war vets you stupid faggot,, now back to /r9k/
>>
another plebbit commie thread

how wonderful, /k/'s already shit quality plummeted when you shitters came here in flocks.
>>
>>33258921
>this autist doesn't even know that George Orwell was a communist militant in the Spanish civil war and remained a virulent socialist until he died

For fucks sake, stop thinking that identity politics = leftism/communism, you're only helping them by providing them with a sense of purpose and an identity.

Moreover, how the hell did Patton ND a 1911 in his belt?
>>
>>33254839
dunno i personally think ptsd is bullshit in 90% of the cases. it's just people giving too much way to their feels.
>>
>>33257110
>ranting about muh white genocide
>which has nothing to do with Patton slapping people
Yeah you're totally not from /pol/

Keep this shit up and maybe Chinese-moot will burn your board down. We can only hope.
>>
>>33258130
>I just really, really don't want to believe that somebody is so insanely mind-numbingly retarded that they think PTSD is a jewish lie, or just for pussies.
Sadly we've had many threads about PTSD over the years I've been here, and there's just too many people who act like assholes about it for them all to be fake.
>>
File: sensiblechuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sensiblechuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>33259766

???

We know youre human trash whats your point
>>
File: 1460328602821.jpg (10KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
1460328602821.jpg
10KB, 234x250px
Like some have already stated, the situation is not that easy to judge. We know a lot more about Shell Shock, Combat Fatigue, PTSD, whatever you want to call it, today then they did back in WW2.
In the context of Patton we must remember that most people didn't know all that much about PTSD back in WW2 because it hadn't been talked about all that much. Sure there has always been symptoms and various "treatment" but it was still a subject that's hardly debated.

But my personal opinion is that Patton was in the wrong here.

Also, I know I'm probably just feeding the trolls, since we are on 4chan but I gotta say some of the opinions expressed in this thread are absolutly disgusting.

Calling a serviceman/woman a 'pussy', 'Suck it up', 'man up' etc. does not help, those are just words. It's easy to say but it's not that easy to deal with. Do you tell a wounded marine or soldier to just 'walk it off' when he's been shot? No you treat him and show him the respect he is due.

The same should go for PTSD. It's just as much a wound as a physical one. And calling it cowardice when there are obvious signs of PTSD is not only a disservice to the soldier or marine, it's downright unamerican and unpatriotic.

So I would like to claim, that the commies in this thread are the ones that minimize what soldiers and marines have to go through mentally. You have the right to express those opinions but I also have the right to call you as close to a traitor as one can get without actually commiting the act or treason.
>>
>>33267316
How do you figure in the 40's they'd treat PTSD when it didn't even exist as a medical condition yet? The early stages of it being recognized as a condition didn't start until the 50's and even then it didn't really become widely recognized/accepted til much much later. Your modern opinion of if being more or less a casualty like a gunshot 100% doesn't fit this situation. Back then it WAS seen as being a coward, yellow bellied, pussy or whatever you feel like calling it. The solution WAS sucking it up and doing the job at hand or being reprimanded up to even being shot. Calling someone unamerican or unpatriotic for not saying Patton was wrong just makes you a giant whiny faggot sitting on the throne of the MMQBs. Patton was just following what military culture dictated at the time.
>>
File: 68634.jpg (37KB, 302x475px) Image search: [Google]
68634.jpg
37KB, 302x475px
>>33256012
>I watched the movie
well, then you don't know what happened, so.
>>
>>33257615
>that you deny exist.
... literally no one denies the existence of work camps.
The thing that people/skeptics deny is that the delousing program was deadly.
>>
>>33254839

no. its bad for muh morale.
>>
>>33267527
I don't think it's immorale to slap sense into people, is it?
>>
>>33267419
Weren't the French looking into it after ww1
>>
>>33267419
If you reread my post you'll see that I never actually called the people siding with Patton unamerican. The people I call unamerican are the ones that dismiss PTSD as bullshit even with todays knowledge.

I think he was wrong but I don't blame him for acting the way he did. The reason I dont blame him is because hindsight is always 20/20 and like you stated, the term PTSD didnt exist, it was called Combat Fatigue or cowardice.

So I think you're the one being a whiny faggot who can't even take the time to properly read through a fucking post.
>>
>>33267550
The French, the Germans and the British all did during the first war. They all came up with different treatments such as electicuting the soldiers, psychotherapy etc. The term Shell Shock was actually coined by an englishman.
>>
>>33267545

m8 pls
>>
>>33259851
Russian troops were summarily shot by commissars for returning from a failed attack on a german position. Patton served in WW1 where allied soldiers were executed summarily by firing squad for being awol on the battlefield. So by the way he was trained a few slaps was leniency. Why he is castigated for slapping a couple of guys when russians were being executed for far less reason seems unreasonable.
>>
>>33267657
The problem with your logic is that you assume anyone gives a shit about the russians. Not even the russians give a shit about russians so why should we?
>>
>>33267316
>the situation is not easy to judge
>here's my final judgement
>no chain of reasoning attached
ok

stress from combat happens, stress from trauma happens, the stress can resurface later, that happens

what, precisely, elevates this phenomenon to the level of a psychological disorder? isn't it because it continues long after the threat is rational to perceive?

why shouldn't an active duty soldier in a field hospital be dealt with exactly as harshly as patton did, for disobeying orders, when the trauma isn't even over yet, and he isn't post-fucking-anything until actually discharged and sent home?
>>
>>33267678
Keep foaming at the mouth if you want to. Be sure to stay hydrated yo!
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.