[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PM63 Parts Kit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.png (365KB, 750x345px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
365KB, 750x345px
So I bought a PM63 parts kit. I got it for a great deal.

I have no clue what to do with it and don't have the skills to put it together. Suggestions?
>>
>>33253414
In you case you at least have some nice paperweights
>>
>>33253414
put it up your butt.
>>
>>33253447
Yup, sounds like /k/.
>>
How many people here have worked with parts kits anyway?
>>
>>33253526
Probably a few in the AK general threads. Honestly unless you already know where to get receivers made, stay away from parts kits. The amount of tools and additional money you'll need to get a single gun together from a parts kit is crazy. If you just want the gun from the parts kit you're in for a rough time.
>>
>>33253526

Shit like the Sten, Pps43, Sterling, other tube/box bullet hoses can be put together by any fuck head with a pipe/sheet metal and knowledge of welding. plus they're super cheap, buuuuuuuuuut rip your dog unless you want to drop way more than the kit is worth on a semi auto kit. Anything more complex has the same problem of being fuckin illegal as balls but with the downside of being more difficult and expensive.
Good if you're a real handy piece of shit with deep pockets.
>>
>>33253526

I have a semiautomatic STEN mkII project in the works. Bought the tube from Indianapolis Ordinance. Magwell and trigger housing are fitted to tube just need to weld and install barrel trunnion.

It'll end up costing around $500 but I wanted to build my own gun from scratch to say I did.
>>
>>33256684
So $500 for all the parts you needed, you already had all the tool right?

If you owned nothing but a hammer and some screwdrivers, what would your cost be from start to finish?
>>
>>33253526
Been working on a PM-63 kit for years

Turns out the mill I have worked on to turn the thing closed bolt with is shit and I still have yet to figure out a charging handle design that doesn't flare may autism.
>>
>>33257211

Had a Dremel and old drill press, that was really only machinery used, and some old files. Will use welder from friends.
>>
>>33253414
Good luck finding a barrel, semi auto receiver and semi auto bolt/FCG
>>
>>33253414
>What do
Weld the receiver and make it a close bolt gun. Of course, before you do such a thing, I advise practice or have a professional do it for you. I know there are gunsmiths willing to reweld and assemble parts kit builds. All you gotta do is look up online closely
>cajuncountryarms.com/t/pm-63
>>
This shit gets spendy quick. Purchased an uzi kit from apex for like $130 on sale.

Well, the receiver repair section is $75, the S/A bolt assembly is another $300, semi feed ramp is $30, and a barrel averages about $120.

That is for a popular and easy build. My $130 kit is now $650ish, without any mags.

As an anon mentioned earlier, It would be hilariously cheap to build these guns in their original format. Making them legal is more expensive and more difficult.
I've been looking at the VZ26 kits on RTI for $49 with 5 mags, sling and pouch, but that's an even pricier build.
>>
>>33253414
Send it to gunsmith and pay him to build you one?
>>
>>33258789
barrel is easy
http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/PM-63-RAK-BARREL-NEW-298p3682.htm
the receiver is going to have to be rewelded and modified for a hammer and the slide is going to need a non fixed firing pin or you could just make a striker fired pistol out of it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.