[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ROK Military’s Obsession with Brass Collecting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: ROK_soldier_brass_catcher.jpg (45KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
ROK_soldier_brass_catcher.jpg
45KB, 660x495px
An odd product that has appeared on Republic of Korea (ROK) Army K1A and K2 rifles in recent years is this brass catcher. Outside of a few dedicated reloaders in the United States, brass catchers are very seldom used at all anywhere else in the world. However in the ROK army, spent brass has a much higher importance than in most other militaries. Soldiers are required to turn in every piece of brass that they fired during a training regime or else face severe consequences. The reasoning behind this is the army’s strict control over ammunition consumption and reloading ammunition. Behind that regulation has to do with serious problems the ROK Army has with hazing, suicide rates, and soldiers making off with rounds for criminal activities. Thus, ROK soldiers have to turn in every single casing fired while on a live fire range, confirming it by also counting every single one. Many of us in the Military or LE are used to long lines of “Police Call”, where we would line up after a training event, sweeping the grounds for brass, collecting it and turning it back in. However the difference was that we didn’t count every single case when we turned them, it was enough to make the range reasonably cleaner than when we arrived at it.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/08/rok-militarys-obsession-brass-collecting/
>>
>>33249160
The Japs have been doing this forever.
>>
File: 1486723406074.jpg (77KB, 640x887px) Image search: [Google]
1486723406074.jpg
77KB, 640x887px
>>33249160
a thread died for this
>>
>>33249184
Stfu
>>
File: 1464331700591.jpg (15KB, 340x442px) Image search: [Google]
1464331700591.jpg
15KB, 340x442px
>>33249184
>some form of /arg/ grade shit posting was pushed off into the archive so someone could post something interesting
What a tragedy.
Faggo.
>>
>>33249160
Accountability for ammo? Whats the problem?

Even in the us every month or so some fucking private gets divorced then an hero's in his mustang with with a round he got off the range.
>>
>>33249160
It goes along with South Korea , Japan , Singapore and all other east Asian counties having the strictest gun laws in the world. You just know with this as a background they are going by make a big deal over ammo counts.
>>
>>33249227
It's the US

It isn't exactly hard to go to walmart and get a box of ammo
>>
File: 1488948815891.jpg (159KB, 843x1106px) Image search: [Google]
1488948815891.jpg
159KB, 843x1106px
>>33249160
Yeah its stupid. They told us we can go ham after we qualified with our weapons and I dumped a couple mag out of my mp5 and I had a freedom boner. Yes I said mp5 because the flotilla unit doesn't issue korean guns. Then they say we have to pick up and return every brass we shot or we get 100 push ups for a single one that's missing. My training class missed 4 brass so we got a group hazing, only to find out later that the faggot armored purposely down loaded a couple m4 mags by a single bullet.
>>
>>33249360
Thats a good way to get soap socked
>>
>>33249304
>>33249160
This is why they will lose in any real war without americans leading them.

Because of this pseudo statist horseshit, proving how little trust they put in their own soldiers. Which negatively impacts innovation and initiative on the battlefield.

Jesus when the fucking asian commie police state countries are way less anal then our fucking 'democratic' allies, it just aggrevates me.

God I hate dense urban countries, they comprise so much freedom to function. Especially in gun control.
>>
>>33249184
>someone posted a new thread
oh woe is me
the humanity
>>
>>33249360
Do they actually remanufacture ammo?
>>
Two detail-oriented cultures double-check brass? No way!

>It does have the side benefit of ensuring everyone goes to practice.
>>
>>33249678
the faggot armored actually reloaded some ammo like 7.62s and .338 lm, but he told me he was never told or authorized to reload 9s or 5.56 natos.
>>
They don't collect brass in american military after shooting? Shit gets messy pretty quick, am I not right? Although this is a first time I'm hearing about accounting brass, that sounds crazy
>>
>>33251271
I assume someone comes and sweeps it up into a bucket when it starts getting too much, but I can't imagine you'd be expected to keep track of that shit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.