[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good first rifle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 600px-Jadotville_FAL_3.jpg (38KB, 600x251px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Jadotville_FAL_3.jpg
38KB, 600x251px
I don't have one yet and I'm not genuinely really asking what a good first rifle is (unless you have fantastic advice). I have one person saying AR15 around $1,000 is my best bet because stoner accuracy, etc. Meanwhile someone else I know says a Nugget will do just fine.

I'm not looking for self defense or inching smaller than a fucking inch. Just looking for something to plink with and learn on for awhile.
>>
>>33249074
nuggets
>>
>>33249074
All depends on your taste, really. AR's are good guns, but many people find them boring.
>>
File: 1488655463131.jpg (145KB, 851x768px) Image search: [Google]
1488655463131.jpg
145KB, 851x768px
>>33249084
fpbp

still have my nugget and still love her
>>
>>33249074
Shit mang, get a good .22LR.

Has probably gotten more people into shooting than all others combined.
>>
>>33249074
Get a S&W M&P sport II or a cheap Ruger AR for $500-600
>>
File: 455AmericanCombo.png (60KB, 1070x713px) Image search: [Google]
455AmericanCombo.png
60KB, 1070x713px
>>33249074
Go with a .22 LR bolt gun, like a CZ 455. Ammo will be cheap, it's fun to plink and work the bolt, and it's great to learn with. Get the american combo and you can swap the barrel to shoot .17 HMR
>>
File: top.jpg (107KB, 1400x425px) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
107KB, 1400x425px
>>33249074
A cheap 10/22 sounds like your best bet.
>>
>>33249074
I'm not sure what you're asking for if you're not "genuinely really asking what a good first rifle is." If your choice is between a thousand dollar AR, and a nugget, get the nugget. You'll wind up regretting the thousand dollar AR if you ever grow out of it, but at least with the nugget you're only out two hundred bucks and you can work for a weekend to recoup that cost.
>>
Just get a basic AR like a PSA to begin with. It has all the perks of a .22, with the added bonus that .223 doesn't periodically vanish from shelves. When you feel you're proficient and want something better, switch out the parts for something more fancy because the whole thing is modular.
>>
>>33249074
Whatever tickles your pickle, really.

For some, it is the venerable nugget, because you have to be special type of mong to fuck it up, used to be cheap and eats cheap. It is also powerful and let's not forget muh slavshit.

For some, it's things like Ruger 10/22. Nice, handy little rifle with dirtcheap ammo that will teach you how to handle a rifle and have fun. Ye olde village bicycle, really.

Some prefer to go all tactical/tacticool and buy themselves an entry level AK/AR with muh capacity, salt guns, operator stuff, relevancy in modern armed conflicts, yada yada.

Then there's good 'ol SKS that some love and some hate. It's a centerfire semiauto with nice a e s t h e t i c s, won't ruin your wallet, can drop a man or a deer and also muh slavshit.

Some guys buy a pistol for self defence as their first weapon. This is the only thing I would suggest against if you have no prior gun expirience. Pistols are harder to git gud with generaly, and you might develop habits that you shouldn't.

Last but not least, there's good old shotgats. For people who are into hunting, clay, fucking around with homemade shells and sending several metal balls flying at near super-sonic speeds at an intruder.

Literally, man, just pick something you think you'll like.
>>
>>33249134
Here's a post I can get behind. Also, got a doe with my nugget last year. muh slavshit.
>>
There is nothing that will make you a better rifleman than practice. The cheapest way to cram a lot of practice in when you're starting is cheap ammo. Nothing beats .22LR for this purpose. Semi, bolt gun, lever gun IDGAF what you choose but you can not go wrong with a .22 for your first rifle.
>>
File: beretta-92fs.jpg (1MB, 1200x745px) Image search: [Google]
beretta-92fs.jpg
1MB, 1200x745px
>>33249134

Op here. Kind of a reply to all about my preference.

Honestly I'm sick of the AR aesthetics. I was considering an AK or an SKS, too but I haven't decided yet. I may just get myself a nugget because poorfag

A 92FS may be my first actual gun. It'll be my home defense firearm for a while. I wanna throw woodie grips on it.

Also yes I'm a poorfag nogun BUT IT'S NOT MY FAULT
>>
>>33249330
OP your use of the word aesthetics makes you sound like the typical noguns who wants a gun(because reasons) but doesn't have an interest in becoming proficient(ie shooting a lot). If that's the case it doesn't make a damn what meme gun you get that will sit in your closet.
>>
>>33249367

My goal is to become proficient

I'm just nicely saying I fucking hate ARs.
>>
>>33249415
>wants to become proficient
>admitted poorfag
>wants anything besides .22lr
>>
>>33249415
Pick something in .22 LR
In Semi, bolt, lever, or even fuckin single shot. Whatever you prefer.
>>
>>33249330
Whose fault is it you homo?
>>
>>33249445

lol when did I say I didn't want a 22?
>>
>>33249580
OK, let's narrow it down: What's your budget and what action (ideally) do you want the gun to be.
>>
>>33249580

>people say get .22
>OPs next post: AK, SKS, Nugget, 92FS
>>
>>33249580

get a .22 you faggot
If you like manual action then get a fucking pump-action .22LR
>>
>>33249605

Budget $200-$800
Ideally bolt action or accurate semi
>>
File: 1488919620089.jpg (28KB, 639x215px) Image search: [Google]
1488919620089.jpg
28KB, 639x215px
>>33249622
You're right, but I kek'd because
>AK, Nugget, 92
all technically have been chambered in .22LR
>>
>>33249635
If you want accurate without tons of aftermarket shit, go for a CZ 455, I'd recommend varmint model for that THICC bull barrel. Learn with the irons, then get scope rings and a scope down the line.

First guy in this competition video demonstrates the kind of accuracy a CZ 455 can do if you have the skill.
https://youtu.be/GbHMV8G9EQk
>>
>>33249664
whoops, technically a CZ 452 in vid, but they're identical for all intents and purposes.
>>
>>33249640
Lawls now you just trollin'

Look I get it, there is not much pure lustability in a .22 compared to other funs. If you genuinely want to become a shootist you got to walk before you run though.

I'm assuming you're young though so go forth and make mistakes. It's the only way forward. hehe
>>
>>33249635
Ruger American in 30-06.

I know its not really a pretty or striking rifle and it comes covered in those tacky stickers. Also, its not sexy at all. Nobody is going to be impressed by it.

But it's a pretty fantastic rifle for the price and if you're a poorfag you really should be thinking about the quality of the firearm instead of impressing people.
>>
>>33249235
>>33249330
Sorry, was outside doing work. Thanks for the kind words.

OP, nugget isn't really a poorfag thing anymore, relly. Unless you can get it from a friend or whatever. It is a nice rifle though.

The people here who say .22LR are kind of right though. If you have no prior gun expirience, it is a cheap way to get you on the right path. Avoid a pistol for your first firearm, please, even though a fullsize is better for shooter comfort, it's not really a good call.

With your budget, you can get an SKS, Nugget or AK without much problem, with the first two, you might have money left for some cheapo plinker .22lr as well. That being said, slavshit isn't really known for it's accuracy. Sure, you will be able to ding some plates at 300m, but don't expect sub-MOA guns. CZ boltguns, while never having handled them, are quality and well regarded here. If you want something in larger caliber for a boltgun, they make all sorts of calibers, including 7,62x39mm. I am not sure if I've seen any other boltguns in this caliber.
>>
>>33249767
I'm >>33249640, and not OP. I just kek'd at the fact that you can get an "AK" and a "M9" in 22, and the polish trainer nugget means that there is a nugget in .22, technically speaking. I'm also the guy telling OP to just get a bolt CZ in .22, I'm just being a smartass prick.
>>
>>33249074
>I have one person saying AR15 around $1,000
Lol no
>AR w/ rails $1K

>Sporter $550
>3 magpul mags $40
>Cleaning kit $30
>Cleaning chems $30
>Eye, ear, hand protection $60
>paper targets and chamber flag $30
>rifle bag and sling 40 dollars
>400ish rounds for break-in and practice $170
>3 mags worth of lowflash HD ammo $100
>>
>>33249786

Thanks for the advice, Anon.

I called myself poorfag because family was never interested in firearms until recently, so being 18 and with a job, I actually can invest in a rifle.

Brought up the 92fs because family can't stand the thought of anything else for home defense. It's my favorite handgun from experience with it on a friend's farm, so that's the main option rn.

I'll look into some CZs then, and keep my options to those or SKS.

At some point or another, I will invest in a .22 plinker, but I'd like a surp rifle as first rifle.
>>
>>33249940
No probs, man.

As for the 92fs, I'm sorry to say this so bluntly to you, but really, pistols are good for one thing, and that is carrying. Which with a fullsize is going to be annoying. Also, in stressful situations and time press, such as home defense, it is way easier to aim a long arm than a handgun. And you kinda wanna know for sure you hit the intruder. I would recommend a longarm instead of handgat for home defense, especially bigger spaces.

That being said, a semi-auto handgat is sure as hell going to be more valuable than a boltgun, but that's about it. Keep that in mind.

As for your budget, with 800 burgerbucks, I'm sure you could get slavshit milsurp for the feels and serious business, 10/22 for training and plinking and on top of that some equipment/ammo or even a used shotty. They can go for real cheap and they are really fun.

Last thing that came to my mind - if you like the Berreta and you don't dwell on 92fs, I might suggest M71, if you can get them in the states. They are pretty small, .22lr handguns and I find them cute. A friend of mine has one as a CC to go with formalwear. Being .22lr, it won't fuck with your hands if you hold it improperly, you will be able to feed it stupid cheap, you will be able to train for a larger caliber pistol efficiently, it's a berreta so you could swap guns with your farm friend every once in a while to have some fun, and if, gods forbid, home invasion/shtf occurs, it will be a nice handy gun to give to your less expirienced family member or a grill so she can be useful while you tot the bigger gun.

Hope my rambling is useful somehow to you.
>>
>>33249085

This. AR's are the mcdonalds or ford of the gun world
>>
>>33249940
>>33250052
Oi, also. Little .22lr handgat (or any .22lr gun) is going to be a good way to get your close ones on board with guns. No recoil to speak of and the thrill of shooting tin cans is fun and effective way to get people not to fear guns and teach them basic gun handling and gun safety.
>>
>>33249074
>Just looking for something to plink with and learn on for awhile.
AR.
Pretty cheap to feed, accurate at any distance you are going to shoot at, easy to shoot, actually useful.
Nugget is garbage, no reason to get one over any other decent milsurp if your goal is to learn how to shoot.
>>
>>33249940
Buy what you want to buy and think you will shoot. Just keep in mind at the beginning to improve you'll need to run through a lot of ammo, and corrosive surplus 7.62x54R ammo will run you closer to ~$0.50 a round, and you'll have to clean the shit out of the SKS after every shooting session if you're shooting corrosive, while you can run .22LR for $0.08 a round and it isn't corrosive.
>>
>>33249330
>I don't shoot
>I can't shoot
>But I hate how ARs look
I recommend airsoft, you clearly aren't serious about this.
>>
>>33249074
if you want a gun for purely home defense then buy a 12 gauge pump.

remington 870 or mossberg 500

shotguns are still the best home defense weapon.
>>
>>33250097

but i have shot lol

ARs are lame asf
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.