[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a guy out.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1478151575794.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478151575794.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
Hello /k/.

Need some help here.

I'm 22 years old I just bought a property for me and my family in southern Oregon, I've grown up here around guns, shooting, hunting, ect.

But I don't own a gun. I'm looking for a sturdy rifle for defense, and hunting. Mostly the wild turkey that roam these parts and of course the deer in the fall.

I have a budget of $450, I've done some research on a few rifles that may suit my needs. But nothing conclusive.

Reccomendations /k/?
Advice?

Thanks, Yogi.

Ps: I've never really posted or been to 4chan last time I was I was probally 17 and I probally fucked around on /b/ or something. So please forgive my "normie" tendincies.
>>
>>33248429
>turkey
>rifle

you dont hunt turkey with a rifle. What you need anaon, is a shotgun.
>>
>>33248429
You want to use a bolt action rifle for home defense?

Get a shotgun.
>>
>>33248460

No, the turkeys around here are very accustomed to people and normally don't fly away you could honestly hunt them with a rock. They are very tame, and aren't easily spooked Esspecially the ones that wander into my property.
>>
>>33248470

I would prefer not to have a bolt action rifle. Also I probally worded the post wrong. I'm more looking for a ranch rifle. I have 5 acres of land and a small house on it.
>>
>>33248485
Well, aside from
>nugget
>sks
>AR
>AK

I think we're looking at
>HD shotgun

And....well, whatever else you want, really.

Tell me more. What do you want? Plinker? Target practice? Something with a scope? Something that can kill anything in North America?
>>
>>33248429
10-22 ruger
Nugget
Savage or sako .308
AK
Ar
Shotgun
>>
Just get an SKS
>>
>>33248499

I'm really just looking for something that can take down large (Deer mostly), medium, and small game, is reasonably reliable, can be fired in semiautomatic if need be and can drop something at 350 yards.
>>
>>33248499
Also sorry for long reply had to take care of baby. He's been hellbent on falling asleep for an hour then waking up and screaming his sister was different lol.
>>
>>33248460
Savage .308, base model. I picked one up on sale for $319 a few weeks ago. You'll still have enough left over for a scope. Make sure to get the Accutrigger.
>>
Build an ar15 for 450 for a general ranch rifle. Then save up a few pennies more and pick up a maverick 88 for 180 for hunting.
>>
>>33249136

I would rather not use a bolt action. Tbh.
>>
>>33249151

For right now I'm really just looking for an all purpose gun. I dont really plan on purchasing another gun unless I have to.
I also do not have the time to build a gun with my kids being 8 months and 3. My time is devoted to working the land and them. And any free time I have is either taken up by spending more time with them or resting.
>>
>>33249162
Then get more money.

5.56 is a shit deer cartridge btw.
>>
>>33249115
You're never going to find a semi 308 for your budget, which is what you're describing. Shop around for a used PTR, FAL, Vepr, or similar 308. Expect to pay around 700.
>>
>>33249191

I'm aware, which is why I came here. I was hoping you guys might know of some guns that are not well known, or at least not known to me, that would help my situation.
>>
>>33249190

I know it is, which is one of the reasons why I'm not going to be buying or building an ar.
>>
I've hunted deer with .223 before. Would a mini 14 be a viable option?
>>
>>33249245
Not preferred, but viable.

Reasons why
>proprietary magazines

And....yeah, that's all I know for sure. I don't have one, but built myself a 450 dollar AR.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.