[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOT: How to kill a dragon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 13

You have been conscripted into the glorious King's Landings city defense force; the city watch. You are tasked with the artillery group on how to defend against a dragon.

How do you kill a dragon that emits napalm and has a wingspan of 240 feet?
>>
Depends, what level of technology have we reached?
>>
>>33244968
1300s
>>
>>33244986
Then light that nigga up with the biggest black powder cannons we've got, and if that doesn't work... I dunno, cry? What else is there to do when something that big wants you dead?
>>
>>33244986
Large ass ballista.

Fuck it.

20 ballistas all spaced out so it can't just burn them up in one fell breath.
>>
Trebuchet bitches love them trebuchets
>>
>>33244945
Do as the book Dornish do by just hiding away in the mountains like Taliban and scorching anything of value to the enemy and send assasination teams to kill the dragons when they sleep or poison thir feed.

Lure them into caves and trap with caves where it gets tight for them to turn easily and then stab them to death with pikes and chop em up with great axes.

There's going to be lots of casualties but it's better than losing.
>>
>>33244945
i spend three pages describing what I'm having for lunch.
>>
>>33244945
>Be Bran
>Warg into dragon
>Drown yourself
>>
>>33244945
I get blown the fuck up
>>
>>33244945
>How do you kill a dragon that emits napalm and has a wingspan of 240 feet?

feed it cattle with 30lbs of mercury and cyanide inside every day. should kill it fast or at least weaken it enough so ti can be killed.
>>
dwarven windlass and black arrows.
>>
>>33244945
It's practically impossible to kill them. Their entire bodies are covered with fucking armored scales that are impregnable to ballistas and arrows.

Your one chance of survival is a fluke shot from a ballista that pierces through its eye and destroys the brain. I would turn traitor, bend the knee, and serve my new queen.

It is better than being burned alive like the other thousands.
>>
what's the boss's attitude towards collateral damage. Chemical weapons an option?
>>
>>33245279
queen cersei says that collateral damage is tolerated. jaime lannister says he will kill any man that puts innocent lives at risk.
>>
File: 31693306675_44200b6a77_b.jpg (230KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
31693306675_44200b6a77_b.jpg
230KB, 1024x683px
>>33245053
during the assault in that colloseum that almost did kill on of the dragons. a bunch of war x-bows will do.
>>
>>33244986
giant ass siege bombards
>>
>>33245294
well, we'll need to find a nice tunnel we can bait it into then, but a big ol' dose of Arsenic gas should see the beastie off, nice and proper like.
>>
>>33244945
Does the dragon desire monkey dick?

I really hope it wants monkey dick.
>>
>>33245232
But few of those arrows were ever made.
>>
File: 1488341220803.jpg (100KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
1488341220803.jpg
100KB, 500x661px
1. Find large cave
2. Construct dungeon with it
3. Put food/bait in dungeon
4. Close it and leave it for a month or so
>>
>>33247209
smaug was a bitch compared to GOT dragons. GOT dragons have armored scales that cover every inch of their body except their eyes.

their fire is hot enough to melt steel and stone.
>>
>>33244945
That's a Wyvern, not a dragon. Dragons have 4 limbs and wings.
>>
>>33247472
then how did dorneniggers manage to kill one?
>>
>>33247472
Good point, we're going to need a flying sailboat and one the three most beautiful gems to ever exist.
>>
>>33247495
I can't be bothered to read what I can see on TV with late niteā„¢ boobage (a fetish of mine since it's what I had when I was a teen) but presumably a poisoned spear through the eye. Seems like what they'd do.
>>
>>33245189
>Lure them into caves
>Get burned to death

Dragons are immune to their own fire, genius. In a cave they would be ridiculously dangerous as they fill the caverns with flames.
>>
>>33247495
answered it here >>33245251
>>
>>33244986
how about all the dragons from GOT against a full company of marines?
> no air support
> no armored
>>
>>33244945
Admit cowardice and request a transfer to the night's wat.... fuck they've got zombies up there.
>>
>>33247647
They'd burn off all the oxygen and asphyxiate themselves.
>>
>>33247728
Do I get TOWs in my weapons platoon?

Because if I do then we're in business
>>
>>33247730
>guy who isn't going to defect from the night's watch, join the white walkers, and fuck hot zombie babes
>>
>>33244945
Ballista with chains on barbed bolts, chains are attached to an anchor
Get 20 ships like that
5 ballista per ship
Bring that fucker down in the sea
>>
it being something that relies on fire to live, and has fire as its main weapon, I'd assume water is a cardinal weakness.
so, we just need to figure a way to shit water onto it until it dies.
or, lure it close to the ground with useless peasants and then use trebuchets and catapults to fire chain/grape shot at it in hopes of punching through its wings to make it flightless and a shitty wyvern, and then pin it to the ground using ballistas, and send in warriors on top of its back via storming ladders to stab into its spinal cord and kill the fucker.
>>
>>33248752
Not exactly. If I remember correctly, there are a few scenes in the TV show that show the dragons diving into the sea, swimming around, and hunting for fish. I think they describe the same scene in the books.
>>
>>33248739
>best post itt

ballistas with chains on barbed bolts seems the only way to deal with this dragon bitch.
>>
>>33248786
couldn't you just have a bunch of giant fucking ballistas firing bolts with large fused barrels or bottles of gunpowder and chain to fire at the dragon to act as a flak shield?
sure it would take some trial and error to figure out the fuse length to make sure it bursts at the right-ish altitudes, but it wouldn't be impossible.
or, bonus points for a combo of both chain ballistas and flak ballistas.
>>
>>33248797
What kind of flak shield protects against a flamethrower?

The only way to overcome what is essentially a helicopter with a flamethrower, and you don't have tracking missiles, is ballista

The dragon has to get close enough to set fire to the ships, which it will try to, so all you have to do to defeat it is remove all forms of powder explosive from the ships and ballista the fuck out of it

Maybe even metal wire-traps in the rigging if the dragon decides to fuck with them
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polybolos

Build a polybolos that shoots iron bolts imbued with that green fire and btfo all seven kingdoms and glorified lizards
>>
>>33248820
depends on your theory of dragon removal, there's 2 camps here
>fuck the casualties, bring it down as fast and as effective as possible, no matter the cost
>minimize casualties at the expense of time taken setting up and attacking to bring it down without effecting innocents or other parts of the castle
the problem with the ship theory is that the ships would burn, since they're wood and all, which is a problem.

you could also just
>fill ship of no utility with worthless people
>have it shoot at the dragon to piss it off
>have beastmaster waiting in the wings
>when dragon strafes close to water, have it summon a medieval mososaur or some shit
>mososaur launches out of water a la great white
>grabs dragon
>drags it down
>problem solved
>>
>>33248838
Skeleton crew of peasants
problem fucking solved

Also many historical ships could burn for hours before even starting to take on water since everything above the water that can burn can't really sink the ship, just make it unsailable
>>
>>33244945
Probably roll initiative, cast lightning bolt alot, maybe something stronger.
>>
>>33244945
Ask Petyr Baelish to shoot it with a USP before throwing it out of the Moon Door.
>>
>>33248922
Why would you stab a man before throwing him out the Moon Door?
>>
Cave seems like the best idea but I wouldn't bother with poison or stabbing
I would fill that shit full of explosives and drop a mountain on them.

Otherwise attack the mother of dragons.
Accept occupation then use gorilla tactics to undermine the new rule and set up assassination attempts.

As is /k/s answer to all citizens vs gov hypotheticals:
A dragon can not patrol the streets, and would not be used to enforce a curfew
>>
Kill the CGI artists.
>>
.308 for larger game. Set up a deer stand on top of the castle.
>>
>>33244945
>Have Ballistae and shit rigged up in ambush config
>Poisoned the tips with the nastiest shit we could find
>Strap on wildfire jars just to be sure
>Turns out Smyth the cook was actually working for Littlefinger and poisoned th3e entire garrison the night before the battle
>>
>>33248797
>>33248820
the dragon and its rider chooses the terms of the engagement. if it is apparent that the fight is a trap or too uneven she can bypass your army and go fuck up some other area of interest
>>
>>33244945
I would poison cattle/pigs and bait them into eating it
>>
>>33244945
Is this scene from the new season? I don't remember it.
>>
>>33250104
it is from season 6, episode 9
>>
File: pussyslayer.jpg (271KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pussyslayer.jpg
271KB, 1280x1024px
I use a blade made to kill a dragon
>>
>>33250056
I already posted that, but nobody responded ;_;
>>33245220
>>
>>33247728
>no armored
what about them avenger humvees?
>>
File: tumblr_mkf1it6jjw1rbrhffo3_4001.gif (941KB, 400x169px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkf1it6jjw1rbrhffo3_4001.gif
941KB, 400x169px
>>33244945
you should have asked about reign of fire dragoons. at least those were somewhat believeable. still a .50BMG would have felled even the biggest one of them. imagine going on dragon safari, with your dentist freinds, sporting 4 bore double rifles and a british pith helmet.
>>
Jack off on his big gay head.
>>
>>33250668
It's so obvious why didn't we think of this before???
>>
File: 1467460219010.png (851KB, 1524x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1467460219010.png
851KB, 1524x1067px
>>
>>33245193
for excruciating minutia there's nothing like a tom clancy book
>>
>>33250868
Not even close to Redwall and food.
>>
>>33244945

My either stopping or rewinding the show
>>
>>33250908
The bible spends an excruciating amount of time describing how the ark of the covenant was built.

There's no way "god" would write such a boring book.
>>
>>33247728
Full company means these men (and women. Yes fuck gender equality) would have access to shoulder-fired anti-tank weapon as well as heavier crew-served weapon (like TOW)

Yes they would tear that dragon several new assholes. Hell I would like to think that a platoon is enough to kill a dragon
>>
>>33250945
>boring
>prophet calls two female bears to destroy a bunch of kids for dissing him
>boring
>>
>>33251166
>Two chapters that just list Jesus's Geneology
>>
>>33251390
>the gospel of Matthew was intended for a largely Jewish audience, so it was important.
>>
>>33251390
But I digress. This is off topic. However, would bears be considered weapons in this context?
>>
>>33251019
>reading superior force subjugating primitives with sharp metal sticks the manga

seriously its like watching goku fighting a fly
>>
>>33251525
The Cell games were pretty cool in my opinion.
>>
>>33251525
>GATE makes /k/ butthurt

Like clockwork
>>
Mass produce few of those Siege Crossbows with 1.2 ton draw weight

Then trian my Dragon slaying xbow men day and night

would not wastebolts by shooting into the air but wait til the beasts land and start rampaging inthe streets

then give it a broadside i and hopefully killing them one by one in street fights

bolts would be made of steel of course
>>
File: 51231.png (180KB, 680x1483px) Image search: [Google]
51231.png
180KB, 680x1483px
>>33250513
I still stand by my strategy.
>>
>>33244945
Cancel my HBO subscription.
>>
>>33244945
Lots of crossbows with big ass poisoned bolts.
>>
360noscope it with a crossbow.
>>
>>33245189
>Do as the book Dornish do by just hiding away in the mountains like Taliban and scorching anything of value to the enemy and send assasination teams to kill the dragons when they sleep or poison thir feed.

are we assuming the dragon is part of Daenerys's army? they would be well guarded at night.
>>
>dig hole in ground
>Fill with wildfire pots, metal scraps and spikes on top
>Cover that with meat and animal carcasses
>Soak nearby ground in wildfire
>Wait for dragon to come feed.
>Fire arrow or flaming projectile at pile
>shred dragon with shrapnel
>>
Siege crossbows with 1000+ draw weight and ballista emplacements
>>
>>33244986
Combo of ballist like >>33245110 said and Black powder cannons like >>33245053 said. Basically try to replicate a flak cannon as much as possible. Hide the positions of the weapons and draw the dragon in with an easy looking target and then open up.
>>
>>33253340
What is the range for something like that? couldn't the dragon just fly out of range or some shit while burning us
>>
>>33244945
Ballistas and cross bows. Aim for the wings. When he eventually runs out of wing surface, he will have to land.
>>
>>33247647
that's how it worked in the book... over ambitious dragon sticks it's head in a hole and get stucks...fire goes one direction unless they fart fire.
>>
>>33249210
Worked in Monty Python...as a kid, I honestly was disappointed when the animator died.
>>
>>33256372
wtf I don't remember this?
>>
The Dornish managed to kill a dragon.

"Meraxes and Rhaenys Targaryen both met their end in the First Dornish War at Hellholt after an iron bolt from a scorpion went through Meraxes's eye. Her skull was later returned to Aegon by a peace delegation."

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Meraxes
>>
>>33257872
>just shoot a dragon flying at like 200 mph with a scorpion and hit the only unarmored part of its body; the eye.
>>
Hire Mellisandra, and a giant. Have her enchant said giant with protection from fire. Chill and watch.
>>
>>33258342
Except the last giant known to be alive became ramsay's pincushion.

I'd do what everyone else is doing and go with ballista ships, Firing bolts attached to heavy ass lead weights. Get multiple ships to focus fire the lizard and then roll the weights into the sea, See if breathing fire can save it from drowning.
>>
>>33258483
Probably the most practical. Not even sure that Mells COULD perform such an enchantment.
>>
>>33258342
>you will never watch a male dragon fuck Mellisandra with his BDC and watch her give birth to a shadow dragon
>why even live
>>
>>33244945
Easy, you just have to magically find a way to contact Euron Greyjoy quickly and convice him to fight for you, so he brings that magical valyrian horn that kills dragons with it's horrible sound that it make (It also kill those who use it).
>>
>>33247728
I think I read a short story like that. It was in an anthology called Operation Arcana, if my memory serves.
>>
>>33244945
>grab dragon by the ear holes
>put ponis in his mouth
>make dragon swallow poner vigorously
>pull out and jizz on its face
>call it a fag
>tell everyone about how that one dragon is such slut he'll go down for anyone
>bully dragon on Facebook
>terrorizing calls in the middle of the night
>show up at his work place with flowers and direct eye contact
>[>rape intensifies]
>dragon attempts suicide
>it's to late
>I already gave it aids
>Khaleesi tries to interfere
>give her aids to
>aids for everyone
>resurrect Boromir with the power of fucc
>go home and watch POKEMANS movie and eat tendies
>today was a pretty good day
>>
File: Wild Boar hunting.jpg (295KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Wild Boar hunting.jpg
295KB, 1200x900px
>>33250497
>see, everyone else was forging fancy swords
>I said fuck that, and hammered a fuck-huge chunk of iron into a sword-shaped hunk of iron

Best blacksmith ever. Too bad he dies after repairing the Dragonslayer.
>>
Turn a bell upside down and fill it with gunpowder and metal bits,when the dragon gets close detonate the gunpowder
>>
>>33259447
Dragonslayer?
>>
>>33244945
FUS ROH DAH.
>>
File: Monster Hunter Rathalos.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter Rathalos.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>33244945
>Wants to murder dragon
>post a wyvern

first you have to identify the proper target.
>>
>>33259501
they have been stuck with the same technology for thousands of years now. i think it is fair to assume that there is no sulfur in that world or that it is incredibly difficult to acquire.
>>
>>33244945
Set up a group of ballistas that fire a chain net, then pound the fucker with cannons
>>
>>33258118
Think about how slow that giant lizard actually flies. Basically slow motion.
>>
>>33260658
I don't think they would fly that slow? The largest pterosaur had a wingspan of 40 feet that and that had an average flight speed of 80 mph. It could also fly 12,000 miles nonstop.
>>
File: lance61x[1].gif (322KB, 718x598px) Image search: [Google]
lance61x[1].gif
322KB, 718x598px
>>33260514
>>
>>33244945
I only answer to the King in the North!
>>
>>33261663
>guy that doesn't mind being burned alive by a napalm lizard
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.