[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future of Beretta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: wornoutlikeurmumspuss.jpg (238KB, 800x412px) Image search: [Google]
wornoutlikeurmumspuss.jpg
238KB, 800x412px
With the US military moving over to P320 what will happen with Beretta 92/M9 prices?
>>
>>33242580
we're not getting surplused guns unless Trump steps in. They will be given/sold off to shittier militaries for free or very cheap. Thanks for buying us new guns though, Mr. Taxpayer!
>>
If they make it to the second hand market (the ones in US arsenals) they'll be dirt cheap, but they'll likely see the crusher first.

As far as new production guns sold directly to the US market, probably nothing. Maybe a slight increase unless people start to get really nostalgic about them and more people start to make clones
>>
>>33242580
OP here, I know the M9's will never be sold to the public. In the near future do you think Beretta will be pricing their pistols cheaper to stay competitive or increase to cover profit losses?
>>
As long as they have been in service usable might be the only condition there in
>>
>>33242580
The PX4 has manufacture rebate right now, Beretta jumping into striker fired polymer APX is a little late to the party, not many law enforcement agencies are using their products any more. All they have left is the civilian market for centerfire pistols
>>
File: 1483474209361.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1483474209361.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>33242683
i think Beretta is more savvy than Colt.
just my guess tho. i know jack shit about firearms industry but i'm gonna bet they wont pull any stupid shit like Colt.
>>
>>33242629
No they won't.

>>33242580
Beretta prices are already pretty cheap. While in some universe those M9s might make it to buy for the average Joe, this is not that universe.
>>
>>33243091
Imho they are miles more savvy than Colt. Evidence of this would be their consistent marketing and production throughout their pistol contract of similar products. Also going ahead and releasing the m9a3 even though it lost the contract, and continuing with the APX.
They are a much bigger company with a much longer history, and I am assuming more than one government contract, being international and all.
>>
>>33242580
I mean, they're already pretty cheap.
>>
File: m9-left-side-redacted.jpg (3MB, 2883x1822px) Image search: [Google]
m9-left-side-redacted.jpg
3MB, 2883x1822px
>8th of March, 2017
>doesn't know Beretta has an agreement with the US Military to prohibit the sale of surplus M9's to civilians

Learn how surplus works, you scrubs. M9's are extremely affordable at the sub $500 mark which is pretty amazing. Even more so, the PX4 can be had for $350 new now and it's essentially the same thing as an M9.
>>
Absolutely nothing because looks and Hollywood sold more 92fs than being the US side arm of choice ever did.

The INOX, elites, and A# are the guns people actually buy
>>
>>33243928
Where the FUCK do you see PX4s for $350
>>
>>33243928
>px4 essentially the same thing as an M9.

What the shit am I reading? Rotobarrel, open slide design, rails, poly frame. Where do I find px4 parts kits and why does their resale value suck?
>>
>>33244249
Beretta rebate $75 on PX4 right now. So find one for $425 and work it
>>
Nothing.
Beretta will fade back into the shadows, selling meh/10 guns for the next 5 centuries until their next big hit while buying up small companies along the way.
>>
>>33244249
https://shop.whittakerguns.com/search/?d=amount:0:8000,count:1:4000000,category:Firearms&searchTerm=px4&list=false&paging=page:0,size:12,index:0

$75 rebate going on now.
>>
>>33244335
>back into the shadows

They have been making guns since the 1500's. I'm sure they can afford a break from making millions of military sidearms. The civilian market is still as strong as ever, if not gaining momentum.
>>
IMO, waiting for M9 parts kits and for someone to create a polymer 80% kit.

One thing is surplus magazines will eventually dry out and prices will slightly go up. This has been the case with Colt mags, but Koreans are making colt mags nowadays and they're selling for just over $5 so it's not a big deal.

>>33242839

Here in the US. They have a slew of military contracts internationally, just for the 92. Not counting their other armaments.

>>33244249

Some police trade-ins for $300 on GB.
>>
File: 1487713503413.gif (565KB, 367x265px) Image search: [Google]
1487713503413.gif
565KB, 367x265px
>>33243928
>Beretta has an agreement with the US Military to prohibit the sale of surplus M9's to civilians

for what purpose !?

it's not like we don't already have civilian versions of the same fucking thing already

why in the fuck do they have a hard on for preventing them to be sold as surplus to Americans?.
fuck i would think that would be the patriotic thing to do. i mean fuck. taxpayers payed for them in the first place.
fuck sakes they should be giving them to us for free, we already fucking paid for them
>>
>>33244573
>for what purpose !?
>why in the fuck do they have a hard on for preventing them to be sold as surplus to Americans?

Because it's buisiness. Want an M9? Go fucking buy one instead of thinking you're entitled to one by the government like the nigger you are.
>>
>>33242683
If they were smart they'd make a 15 round magazine for the 92fs compact and ramp up production of that unicorn to the point people are finding them for ~5-550 and suddenly people stop buying anything cheaper than a H&K, FN, and Beretta because why the fuck not when they cost as little as a glock
>>
File: c1280x720_50.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
c1280x720_50.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>33244596
President Camacho would mandate citizen open carry.
>>
>>33244596
>thinking you're entitled to one by the government like the nigger you are.

>implying everything i said wasnt true

Fuck i pay a fuckload of taxes from hard earned wages and all i get for it is pushed around by the gov. Told what i can and cant do, blah blah blah.

This is fucking bullshit
>>
>>33244573
Because it would cut into their civilian sales, and they make less money on the military contract pistols.
>>
>>33242580
I thought it was only a select group of officers getting P320s because they are easier to field strip. I missed something clearly
>>
>>33242580
I'd give $$ for a M9A3G if anyone had them in stock. TN plant must be cranking out a shit ton of APX, the remainder of the M9 contract, and not much else at the moment.
>>
>>33244617
Why. They already accepted every 90 series mag and people that don't like the bare mag body just use x-grips, meg-gar +2s or CZ SP baseplates.
>>
>>33242683
>Beretta
>lowering prices on their most iconic cash cow and its accessories
If anything they'll start releasing more special-snowflake and limited production models around the $1000 price point where the only things they change are drop-in parts and finishes.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.