[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 40

File: image.jpg (80KB, 598x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 598x281px
I'll start...

>long-range target shooting is boring as fuck and I literally think you need autism to enjoy it
>>
>>33242134
IDPA stopped being relevant to self-defense once it was no longer faithful to jeff cooper's principles and became a contest for scoring points
>>
> 10mm is for faggots.
> Glocks are for faggots.
>>
File: 1485150641712.jpg (179KB, 1922x1279px) Image search: [Google]
1485150641712.jpg
179KB, 1922x1279px
>>33242134

>over-penetration is a myth
when it comes to carry ammo, you are far, far, far more likely to simply miss your intended target. this is the real danger, your projectile passing through a target, bones and everything, then hitting someone you did not intend to shoot, and injuring or killing them is such a far removed idea that it should not be taken into consideration when choosing your carry ammunition. if you shoot through a target and hit something unintended it was a bad shoot, and you broke one of the cardinal rules of gun safety: know what is in front of and beyond your target. guaranteed fucking replies.

>anyone who owns or likes the sig p238 or p938 is a faggot

>people who like ruger semi-autos, charter, saa, taurus etc
these people should be banned from the LGS and forced to shop online only. there should be a window out back of the LGS where they come to pick up their online transfers, similar to drive up liqueur store, but they have to get out and do it on foot and stand there like idiots.

>left handed shooters are subhuman

>people who don't carry every day are scrubs

I don't know, I could think of more but that's a start.
>>
>>33242134
>I'm fine with a no-rapid-fire rule at public ranges
Truth is, I don't want that autistic fuck in the lane to my left spraying willy-nilly and pelting me with brass
>>
>there is no good reason to buy a Glock anymore

I really mean it. Don't give me that "great aftermarket" shit either. Having the ability to buy more shit to bring your gun up to the same level of identically priced alternatives is not an advantage.
>>
>If you dress up in camo and plate carriers to hike in the woods or go to the range you're genuinely pathetic and the world is laughing at you

>mosin nagants are dumb

>the best small caliber centerfire round in the world is actually .204 Ruger

>going to a shooting range is not fun and aside from personal defense it's pointless to own more than 2-3 guns unless you have property to shoot on

>california has the best climate and geography of any state
>>
>>33242479
>california has the best climate and geography of any state
most people probably agree desu
>>
>>33242376
>>left handed shooters are subhuman

I'm a natural born lefty and I actually agree with this.

You should make a conscious decision when starting out to be most comfortable with the format that you're going to encounter on 99% of guns.

Same goes for guitars actually. No nigger you can't restring my shit upside down you should have just learned righty like me
>>
>>33242509
While I appreciate that, I don't actually have any logical reason behind my malice and hostility. I just do not like them and I feel they are wrong.
>>
>>33242506
I'm pretty fond of Utah personally, but I'll agree that most of California is nice.
>>
>>33242376
>left handed shooters are subhuman

Try running an AK lefty

It feels good man
>>
>>33242553
Can't bring myself to my man. My totally unfounded hatred of lefties does not permit. I am literally disgusted by them.
>>
>7.62x54R is the best surplus cartridge.
>5.43x39 is inferior to 7.62x39
>IO is terrible
>Ruger makes decent firearms
>The C39V2 is okay
>The 54R Vepr is superior to the PSL and SVD
>Fixed AR carbine stocks can fuck off
>Colt a shit
>>
>>33242134
> in the US
> if you're required to register for the selective service at the age of 18, then public schools should teach firearms safety, marksmanship, and specifically how to use the common military issued rifle(s).
>>
>>33242547
I love Utah but it can't compete with California's biodiversity and weather IMO

I'd still rather live in Utah, obviously.
>>
>>33242586
men are required to register for selective service when they turn 18. do you mean women should be taught these skills in school?
>>
>full-auto should remain highly restricted

I honestly feel like it does us better politically.
>>
>>33242575
I agree with at least half of those. I used to have a C39v2 and it was great, but everyone turned their nose up to it when I told them.
>>
>>33242586
That's what basic training is for.
>>
>>33242609
I've never touched one but it doesn't deserve a bad rep, unlike the RAS.
>>
>>33242506
Pretty sure most people just hate the people inhibiting california coastline
>>
>most auto-loading rifles are genuinely boring and uninteresting
There are some exceptions though and I fucking love machine guns.

>intermediate calibers are boring
>>
>>33242644
no shit
>>
>>33242415
How would you do double taps or chaos type drills then? Sure it's fine if you just want to plink away with grandpa but if you want to get better with your split times and shot cadence what do you do?
>>
>>33242553
Seems like safety would be a bit harder, but who cares I guess. Mag changes would be the same. Charging handle would be awesome.
>>
>female shooters irritate me

Not by default, it's just I haven't ever met one who appeared to have a genuine interest in firearms. They all seem to be in it for the attention.

Shotgun sports are an exception. The clay courses are totally normieville.
>>
>>33242134
here is a twist.
I actually like burst rifles.
>>
>>33242134
>there is no need to own an AR or AK
i think they are neat, but i'm a "fudd". i don't see a need for them.

>no i will never say or advocate for banning them.
>>
>>33242415
Same

>>33242665
>muh split times
Shooting for speed is a cancer to the gun world. It totally misses the point of adding stress through a timer.
>>
File: 1476412873197.jpg (141KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1476412873197.jpg
141KB, 768x576px
>>33242707
ok how about you rephrase that so we can understand what you really mean. see, you clearly know that an AR is great for shooting small game, coyotes, etc. while simultaneously serving as a great rifle for property defence, and obviously they are enthusiastically enjoyed by sports shooters. now, you can't just say "I don't see a need", you have to be more clear than that. unless you mean to say that you do not see a "need" for property defence, hunting, and sports shooting. so tell us what you really mean.
>>
>>Don't kid yourself. You are never going to hunt a bear with that 10mm you lust after, let alone use it to defend yourself against any wildlife.
>>
>>33242134

It's a fuck load more exciting than making a constipated face and shooting AGGRO STYLE at cardboard silhouettes 3 feet away.
>>
>>33242789
is an AK good for any of those things
>>
File: 1161821.jpg (16KB, 299x214px) Image search: [Google]
1161821.jpg
16KB, 299x214px
>>33242186
USPSA is better anyways. IDPA is gay.

>shooting without an objective or goal in mind is a waste of fucking time and money
>the AR15/M4 is the best 5.56 rifle in the world
>you're a faggot hobbyist moron if you own a gun, have a carry permit and don't carry a gun every day
>single stacks are for scrubs, a good holster and belt can make a Glock 19 sized gun absolutely concealable and comfortable to carry
>anyone who carries a 10mm is not to be taken seriously
>you are dumb if you load up a DA/SA gun, shoot the entire mag in SA without ever decocking
>shooting a few amount of guns you have a practical use for is a million times more enjoyable than buying guns you barely shoot and "collecting"
>>
>>33242834
>the AR15/M4 is the best 5.56 rifle in the world
That isn't an accomplishment.
>>
>>33242789
I own several bolt actions/lever actions in all sort of calibers that work fine for what you're talking about.

shotgun is for home protection, and probably grab my marlin 30-30 if i had to go "defend the property" so i guess it's that I do not have a need for it because i have guns and it would be too much of an overlap.
>>
>>33242134
Hmmm. apparently the last thread is almost dead so ill repost this here cuz i got in way late.

Hypovolemia and direct trauma caused by a bullets passage aren't the only factors involved in incapacitation. I used to be a firm facklerite but over time i began to develop more and more reservations. If a sharp open handed blow to the carotid sinus, when properly applied, often times leads to near immediate unconsciousness why couldn't a bullet have the same effect if it hit the ascending aorta? we all know that a pressure wave of sufficient magnitude can cause serious tissue hemorrhage as has been proven ad nauseum in relation to explosives. For that matter, higher velocity rifle rounds frequently cause a ring of petechiae/visible blood vessel rupture around the wound track that they create in game.
Upon doing more research I found studies, in large mammals and some involving autopsies of humans, that indicated that many relatively low energy projectiles may indeed cause mild or moderate brain damage. Some studies indicate that some combat caliber handgun rounds may be able to inflict trauma similar to a level 1 concussion. Perhaps this effect combined with a bodies attempts to maintain homeostasis by dropping BP in response to what internal baroreceptors interpret as a dangerous BP spike(caused by passage of pressure wave) along with reduced blood volume from trauma are large contributing factors towards incapacitation in SOME situations. I know i've seen videos of OIS incidences in the past where individuals seem to show near immediate signs of syncope or some similar phenomena with no direct damage to their CNS.
>>
>>33242820
yes.

>>33242852
alright, so you concede that point it totally moot.
>>
>>33242860
https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0803/0803.3051.pdf
>>
>>33242586

>implying you need a class on how to use guns when youtube is a thing.
>also implying basic training isn't a thing.

stop trying to force your hobby onto other people. automobiles are a more important part of life for most people than guns are yet they don't teach you how to drive in highschool.
>>
>>33242415

I'd be fine with it if my range had one, particularly if it was dependent on how many people are shooting. If you've got 10 lanes between you and the next guy, let loose with a belt fed for all I care. BUT

>tfw range is medium crowded, you're sighting in a bolt gun and someone takes the lane next to you with a 10.5" AR w/ a fat fucking muzzle brake on it (Canada)

FUCK
>>
>>33242134
Everyone who finishes school should do one year of social or military service
>>
>>33242860
very interesting
>>
File: nofun.jpg (84KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
nofun.jpg
84KB, 488x516px
>>33242376

>anyone who owns or likes the sig p238 or p938 is a faggot
>>
>>33242607
I agree. The whole no new roster thing is kind of bullshit. But it should take a large amount of red tape. There's no practical reason for fa, even when trying to fight the tyranny of the state- unless you're utilizing a crew serve weapon.

But I'm glad you can't just buy a crew serve either. I know American exceptional would result in one motherfucker who would ruin it for all gun owners.
>>
>>33242904
or maybe just shoots 1911s a lot and wants a reliable subcompact carry piece with a similar manual of arms?
>>
>>33242895

why?
>>
>>33242939
so they can get their shit pushed in a little bit and be better for it
>>
>>33242457

>Market + consumer base largely acknowledges that polymer striker fired handguns with a KISS approach to manipulation are the ideal for self defense
>everyone then copies Glock
>most add some stupid shit to their gun that is a departure from the concept in order to differentiate
>those that don't have essentially reproduced Glocks with a new grip angle
>alternatives constantly coming, going, changing

If your only justification to hate Glock is that there are other pistols on the market, you're really grasping at straws.

Meanwhile
>works gud
>mags everywhere
>parts everywhere
>nearly 40 years of service make it a contemporary classic
>will probably serve another 40 years, guaranteeing a constant supply of surplus guns/mags as well as further development
>>
File: 1475627506269s.jpg (2KB, 114x125px) Image search: [Google]
1475627506269s.jpg
2KB, 114x125px
>>33242376

> people who like ruger semi-autos

You forgot to include

> people who don't use Glawk brand anal lube for their Glawk brand fist shaped variable diameter dildo with included Glawk brand chastity cage
>>
File: img.jpg (609KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
609KB, 1400x1050px
>>33242991
no I didn't
>>
>>33242971

>yet another year of shit you're forced to do by law
>preparing kids for a life of being pushed around by pushing them around for a full year
>>
>>33242736
Being able to transition between targets is very important. One of the best ways to practice is to track your split time with transition time. I'm not talking about dumping mags but to say that split times are cancer is stupid.
>>
>>33243013
wasn't the guy who gave the unpopular opinion, just giving you the obvious idea behind it
>>
>>33243002

> sheckler and kuck

It would have been better if you also posted your fedora, you aspie. Good to see both your sidearm and work bench are pristine and unused.

8/10, derishus baito famalamalam
>>
>>33242939
so they can serve they country, raise patriotism and raise interest in a career in health care, social welfare work or the military. Also to learn to get their shit together in life.
>>
>>33242376
>disliking the sig 938
That's not only unpopular, that's straight up un-American.
>>
>>33242981
For every Glock fanboy who thinks they're actually perfect and leaves them stock, there are 1000 who immediately change the sights, perform a trigger job, and add grip tape to them.

It doesn't matter if they popularized polymer striker fired handguns, they're resting on their laurels now and getting left in the dust.

Can you list some objective reasons to buy a Glock instead of a P320 or PPQ for basically the same price? If you were explaining the features of the guns to a total newbie with absolutely no brand bias, would they ever pick a Glock? Probably not.
>>
>>33243026
For all those tactical 10 assailant muggings you need to be ready for.
>>
>>33243033
oh look he has feelings and emotions. whats your beef then, are you going to claim charter arms, naa and ruger are just as good as HK, is that it? what could you possibly be talking about now. spotted the retard with a used $150 charter.

>>33243038
I've almost been shot by one of those fucking things about 6 times.
>>
File: IMG_20170306_071135.jpg (38KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170306_071135.jpg
38KB, 394x394px
Antonov-A 40 is best plane
>>
>>33242575
>7.62x54R is the best surplus cartridge.
what do you base that opinion on?
>>
>>33242134
you need to like the effect on target to enjoy it....

if you just like bang bang and recoil then close quick stuff is for you
>>
>>33243057

> guise, x firearm is better then x firearm

I'm just calling you out on your shit opinion, you moron. If you had at the bare minimum some anecdotal experience with said spic guns, your opinion wouldn't be laughable.

Aside from

> the Sig guys at the range won't stop taking potshots at my pristine '89 Chrysler LeBaron, that's why Sig sucks huehue

Stay triggered, Mr. Buyer's Remorse
>>
File: 1488656536871.jpg (59KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488656536871.jpg
59KB, 900x900px
The majority of people that own high end 1911s, ARs, etc, and then make fun of "poorfag" variants of those guns aren't nearly skilled enough to make use of the subtle improvements a high end firearm like that would make in a professional's shooting ability.

Personal choice in common handgun carry calibers doesn't matter over .380 ACP except in capacity able to be carried.

The CQR is aesthetic as fuck.
Traps aren't gay.
>>
>>33243087
Your post literally makes no sense to me. Again I'll ask you, are you claiming taurus, north american arms, and charter produce guns of the same quality as HK? I cannot figure out what you are upset about. you sound like you own a really shitty inexpensive gun and you are jealous of higher quality firearms. do you not acknowledge some guns are better than others? are you 12 years old?
>>
>>33242376
I always understood Over penetration as you missing and then the bullet goes through a wall and kills a nun
>>
>>33242882
my high school had drivers ed...do other people seriously not?
>>
>>33243034
>patriotism
patriotism for what, a country run by corporations and crooked politicians and populated by morons who only care about forcing people to think like themselves?
>interest in a career in healthcare and social work
plenty of people become social workers, nurses and EMS personnel without being forced to be one for a year.
>learn to get their shit together
how does being the government's bitch for a year teach you how to get your shit together? that makes no sense.
>>
>>33243150
I always thought it meant you were wasting bullet energy that could otherwise be used to stop the threat.
>>
>>33243157
Did you guys have the cars with the extra brake pedal on the passenger side? I use to fuck with other people so bad when driving the course
>>
>>33243150
that's barrier penetration, not over-penetration.

>>33243160
no, it refers to dangerous target pass-through
>>
>>33242603
As of this last session, all women who turn 18 after January 1 this year are eligible for the draft too. So yes.
>>
>>33243002
nice gat and all that but thats some seriously fucking maymay tier ammo.
>>
>>33243141

Holy shit, the H&K autism meme is real. I love this presidency.

> my gun is better
> the stippled stamp on the side says so
> these guns suck

And then you get assblasted when you're called out on supporting your claims, you brand-riding hypebeast. Please point out in my posts where I stated Jamal's preferred pewpew of choice was better than HK.

Pro-tip:

> you're being laughed at for not answering your own shitty rhetoric
>>
>>33243240
I have no idea why you are pissed off, I've read your posts and I don't understand. I made some humor about certain lower quality brands and you started flipping out.
>>
>>33242134
I like the Springfield M1As
>>
>>33243002

Watch and wallet are faggy as fuck.

I bet you wear a woven leather belt and pointy shoes, too.
>>
File: MmV51vT.jpg (120KB, 728x675px) Image search: [Google]
MmV51vT.jpg
120KB, 728x675px
>>33243408
anon you are hurting my feelings pls dont
>>
>>33243425

he is right though, the only people who give a shit about your watch or wallet are other fags who like to spend money on watches and wallets. everyone else is just going to think you're a tool.
>>
>>33242647
>intermediate calibers are boring
Fucking this
>>
>>33243454
oh, so you guys get your watches and wallets for free? how do you do it? the watch is a cheap $84 quarts watch and the other thing is a wallet + phone case I got off amazon for $6, that way I can also carry an extra mag in my pocket
>>
>>33243472

i don't wear a watch because there no fucking point in wearing an uncomfortable circle on your wrist that's sole function is to tell the time. and that wallet is bordering on man purse its so fucking big.

also that pen is faggy just steal some huntington bank pens like everyone else.
>>
File: 1482345825122.png (320KB, 567x521px) Image search: [Google]
1482345825122.png
320KB, 567x521px
>>33243135
>The majority of people that own high end 1911s, ARs, etc, and then make fun of "poorfag" variants of those guns aren't nearly skilled enough to make use of the subtle improvements a high end firearm like that would make in a professional's shooting ability.

Nail meet hammer. That match grade barrel doesn't mean jack if you can't even print an acceptable group at 14 yards. That match grade barrel doesn't mean jack shit if you have this belief that one cannot shoot a pistol adequately beyond 25 yards. Buying a gooch Guysnamedlee super sex trigger won't make up for your horrible shooting skills.

You cannot buy skill. The majority of people on this board will greatly benefit from going to a class taught by someone like Tom Givens or even an Appleseed course.

Again, you cannot buy skill.
>>
>>33243465

i also agree. i've shot a multitude of different types of salt rifle and they all felt almost exactly the same at the range. at least with bolt/lever actions you have some kind of enjoyable tactile movements.
>>
>>33243524
lol fuck man. I like wristwatches fuck you. the wallet is the size of an iphone 5, and all the pens at work write like shit
>>
>>33243532

what is this recent meme of paying money for someone to teach you how to shoot?
>>
>DA is worthless if you have a DA/SA gun. Just pull the fucking hammer back, it takes milliseconds.
>>
>>33242834
> You're a faggot hobbyist moron

What is the alternative though, barring police, mil, or security? I guess you could be a slightly less homosexual hobbyist.
>>
File: IMG_1176.jpg (154KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1176.jpg
154KB, 640x1136px
>>33242506
>>33242479
>california
>best climate
aside from the deserts yeah
>>
>>33242834

>buying guns for fun is for LOSER DEGENERATES
>you should only buy a gun so you can have a gun on you at all times to shoot bad guys like a REAL SWELL NOT AUTISTIC GUY
>>
>>33242479
>If you dress up in camo and plate carriers to hike in the woods or go to the range you're genuinely pathetic and the world is laughing at you

So I guess I can't wear my Rhodesian short shorts at the range ever again?
>>
>>33242134

prepare you anus because i have a big one

>guns arent weapons until used as such
>my AR-15 is just a range toy
>until when i send 30 rounds into the redguards chest who invades my home

it just gripes me when people call a 10/22 a weapon or call a remingshit 700 a weapon
>>
>>33243574
try that with 99% humidity and you've got an average missouri summer day...
>>
>poorfags hate 10mm because they can't afford it
>people who say they can """""""""""""conceal""""""""""""""" full size firearms are either lying, blind, or fat as shit, maybe all three.
>before you put on 3 coats to "prove" me wrong, do the same thing in shorts and a t-shirt. alternately, tuck your shirt in
>5.45x39 proves Eugene Stoner got it right
>derringers are fun but impractical
>a revolver is only good for planning a murder
>>
>>33243588

>how are you supposed to protect your home with that dinky single shot .22
>i use it to poke holes in paper...
>>
>>33242479
>>33242506
If California wasn't a super majority shit hole of be the GOAT place to live
>best beaches in the continental USA
>some of the best natural parks in the world
>muh in n out
>muh fat burger
>no stupid alcohol laws
>always good weather (at least in southern California)

If California had Arizona gun laws and Texas hunting laws, we'd be one of the best states to live in, I mean aside from the high taxes and the cost of everything is expensive
>>
>>33243671
What calicucks believe
>>
>>33243630

>implying you can't kill someone with a .22
>implying a burglar is going to stick around after you take a shot at him
>inb4 muh bath salt gang initiation break in killer

stop turning self-defense into an addiction.
>>
> a full ban on guns in the US would significantly reduce violent crime
>>
>>33243034
That's right goy, conscription for your children is a good thing. They can go fight for democracy, diversity, globalization, and our greatest ally in the middle east. And the children, don't forget the children. If they don't get killed they will be super patriotic. And patriots usually work hard and pay their taxes. How are we going to feed all of these foreigners and people of color if we don't have hard working patriots to foot the bill?
>>
>>33242674
Isn't the safety on an AK retarded whichever hand you're using?
I was under the impression that most eastern manuals of arms for the AK dictate that in a combat situation the safety goes off and stays off rather than the more western dynamic on/off.
>i hate to use the word dynamic in the context of firearms but it is actually correct there
>>
Some of the most accomplished infantrymen (Audie Murphy, Alvin York) in United States history were fudds. Your typical fudd is an objectively better shooter than the majority of /k/ users, because he actually a.) shoots his guns rather than posts pictures of them online and b.) shoots at something other than static and inanimate targets.
>>
>>33243702

good one
>>
>>33242134
side charging AR > standard AR charging handle
>>
>>33242134
Gun control is effective and helps produce a culture of respect around firearms.
>>
>>33243749

i mean he isn't wrong numerically speaking. it would certainly cut down on suicides and murder. and the whole 'criminals don't follow laws' thing is sort of untrue. just because someone wishes to do a crime doesn't mean they automatically know how to get their hands on a gun illegally.
>>
File: 4shop2.png (63KB, 225x184px) Image search: [Google]
4shop2.png
63KB, 225x184px
>>33243757
>>
>>33243061
Ballistically it's a little better than 308/7.62x51 but the rim really limits its usefulness outside of machine guns. I'd call it toss up depending on your purpose, 7.62 NATO is better as a general issue cartridge, 54r is marginally better as a marksman's or machine gunner's cartridge.
Considering they're the same price at point and 308 is much more available 54r loses a lot its appeal for anything other than getting your slav rocks off.
Having a 54r Vepr though, it a shit. Would much rather have 308.
>>
>>33243671
As an LA native, I agree.

You also left out what I think is the best thing about living here, and that's access to an incredible array of shopping and food options. I can drive 20 minutes and have Chinese food that would pass for good in China, buy the latest weeb merchandise in person, build a race car from the best components without ever dealing with shipping, pick up a full suite of top of the line camera equipment, etc. Those things are what I missed when I moved away for a few years.

I could do without the annoying and vapid people, the pot, and of course the stupid gun laws though.
>>
>>33242134
I love it so much. So relaxing. Mmmm. My range books..my loading data....do I have the autisms?
>>
>>33243033
Poorfag detected
>>
>>33243679
CA is pretty nice aside from the spics being allowed to flood the state and democratic party politics. I wouldn't want to live year round in socal though, I prefer cooler weather.
>>
>>33243157
Yeah, had drivers ed and mechanic shop classes. Thought that was pretty standard.
>>
>>33242376
>ruger semi-autos
I don't know about you but I don't think there is anything wrong with the AR-556
>>
>>33243768
The latter bit is true. It's not worth it as a trade off, but having shot all over the world it certainly is true. The countries with more restrictions have a higher standard of shooter. Would I want those restrictions personally? No. But they do have that effect, intended or otherwise.

I'll add to this: I would not consider gun laws a deal breaker for moving somewhere, unless they were restrictive to the point of harm (California, NY, Hawaii). It would contribute but it is not the deciding factor. The overwhelming majority of gun owners seem to be with me on this one but on /k/ there are people recommending shitholes like Alabama and Louisiana over far better places with slightly worse gun laws. I am not moving there. I have a job that doesn't require a hammer and my children have all their teeth. PA is just fine.

Alaska, most places in the South, the Dakotas, Wyoming and so on may have the best gun laws in the world but there's a reason no one lives there - aside from in the South where they're there because they got kicked out of England for being too inbred or stolen from Africa.
>>
>>33242834
>holster and belt
>also, just never tuck in your shirt
>what do you mean you don't wear ironic t-shirts and cargo shorts??
>Adults tuck in dress shirts??
>>
>>33243775
>>33243702
The U.K. and Australia would like to have a word with you. alternatively, maybe try posting a source with good evidence of gun control reducing overall violent crime. I've actually bothered to examine the homicide rates in multiple countries over time and compared it to the implementation of GC laws. Never have I seen a significant crime drop immediately following such a bill. Examining murder by weapon type where such data is available indicates that people merely change from using firearms for the majority of homicide and knives for a significant minority with using knives the majority of time, followed by firearms being the second most significant now.

>>33243768
20% respect. 80% fear and hate.
>>
File: IMG_4521.jpg (144KB, 750x777px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4521.jpg
144KB, 750x777px
>>33243671
>if cali wasn't shit it would be great
Damn, you really know your stuff
>>
>>33243831
>Build a racecar
You're objectively cucked when it comes to building vehicles
>>
Handguns are tools and nothing more, to the point where absolutely no fun or enjoyment can be had shooting them. This is why the best handguns are from Austria, a nation where having fun outside of the family basement is punishable by death. Same with Switzerland, which replaces the incest with rampant homosexuality.

The Vickers is the finest machinegun ever produced and was, ironically, made by a nation that hates firearms. The M60 is the worst machinegun ever produced and was, equally ironically, made by a nation in love with them.

Nations without nuclear weapons are an irrelevance in a military sense.

French rifles are good.

The Russians have perfected procurement where it matters

Accuracy International is worth the money and more.
>>
>>33243013
It's actually a good idea. And it isn't about getting pushed around. You sound like a coward so you probably won't understand even if I try to explain
>>
>>33243615
>5.45x39 proves Eugene Stoner got it right
What do you mean by this? Legitimately curious.
>>
>>33243157
>>33243910
I just barely missed the chance to have Drivers' Ed., I think they dropped it during my freshman year.

I was class of '04 in LA public schools, though, so my experience is probably an outlier, as I went to one of the worst-funded districts in the country during its worst period in history.
>>
>>33244074
In what way? You mean because emissions laws?

At least we don't have actual inspections other than smog checks every few years, and anything else is fair game as long as your car meets basic road worthiness requirements.
>>
File: IMG_1209.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1209.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33243671
>best natural parks
If they weren't so crowded yeah
>>
>>33243612
Fuck humidity, fuck no humidity
I hate feeling wet after doing nothing, I hate breathing in dust because the air is so dry.

I live in MN, winters can get -40 and so dry it burn to breath, and summers can be 100+ and feel like you're in a sauna. In general hot and cold are easy to deal with, it's humidity that fucks me up.

That being said I'd rather live in a desert than somewhere that an average summer day is 108 with 99% humidity
>>
>>33242882
My high school had mandatory drivers ed.
>>
>>33243825
>best surplus cartridge
>"Well only in machine guns"

so it's shit then
>>
>>33243702
Lol, funny.
>>
>>33242647
I kind of have to agree.

Although I like the AK and 7.62x39, I vastly prefer a bolt-action in a stronger caliber.

Manual action firearms in general are the coolest, and most fun to shoot, in my opinion.
>>
>>33243048
>Objective reasons to buy a Glock over a PPQ or 320
What he said, you can find mags for under $20 almost anywhere. Same with compatible sights, etc. Why would I buy a slightly more expensive pistol that has $30-50 mags just for a carry piece? I have nice guns for the range, but I carry a Glock.
>>
I don't see the need to own multiple guns in the same caliber unless you're a collector.
>>
>>33243825
>tfw strongly considering selling vepr
it hurts.
>>
>>33245375
Different actions brah
>>
File: ar15-sten.jpg (49KB, 660x383px) Image search: [Google]
ar15-sten.jpg
49KB, 660x383px
I feel little to no need for common calibers, and mostly dislike intermediate calibers. I think 8x57 is the best rifle caliber out there. I love .45 LC. I like pistol caliber carbines and everything smaller, and then jump straight to .243 and up.
>>
>>33245375
>you shouldn't own guns unless you want to own them

Gee what a shocking and controversial opinion.
>>
>>33245491

You're just an idiot. You'll grow out of it, hopefully, by the time your balls drop.
>>
>>33244017
>thinking you can't tuck your shirt in and carry effectively
>thinking you need casual ware to effectively CC

There's like 5 different "Super Tuk" or whatever holsters available for relatively cheap.

the anon you're replying to may be autistic but you're just a moron
>>
>>33245515
It's like it's an opinion or something.
>>
i dont like any sigs. like seriously, none of them have any appeal for me.
>>
I don't like STALKER
>>
I think m00t is a cutie pie
>>
>>33245555
I thought sigs were cool. then i got a .40 S&W p229 DAK on the cheap from some faggot. Bitch was bizarrely top heavy, high bore axis, chunky in general, heavy in general. I've shot many different handguns including magnum caliber revolvers and no handgun has physically hurt me like that one. IDK how to explain it, maybe something about my skeletal frame and its grip geometry formed the perfect storm of assfuckery but owning that firearm turned me off of older P series sigs. maybe id consider a 2022 or 320, but otherwise i just don't really like anything about them.
>>
>you're not a big guy
>>
>>33245907
for you ;)
>>
>>33244202
Not Anon who posted.
>5.45x39 has near identical ballistics to 5.56.
>fudds say 5.56 is underpowered.
>Soviets, Israelis and Chinese say otherwise.
>>
>>33245984
>implying the Soviets and Chinese know anything
>>
>>33245984
it's gotta be popular for a reason. at the least, such cartridges have enough merits to sway countries away from other choices of the time.
>>
>>33242506
no shit that's why it's so overpopulated and expensive
>>
>>33245543

It's an idiotic opinion, clearly held by a child.
>>
I think ruger makes guns of which their quality matches their price tag.
>>
>Unless you're expecting to be mugged by Robocop, any pistol caliber over .38 is unnecessary. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to buy a larger caliber pistol if you want one, but "muh stopping power" is a dumb argument because it's not like dindu street punks walk around in body armor.

>For similar reasons, .22lr is adequate for home defense. I didn't say optimal - I'm not claiming that it's the absolute best choice out there - but again, home invaders don't tend to wear body armor, and .22lr will go through normal clothing with no problem. Also, remember that .22lr bullets are just about the same diameter as 1/4" roofing nails. If you don't think .22lr will stop a criminal, try hammering one of those nails into your chest and see how long it takes before you don't want to do anything other than getting medical attention.

>I have no problem with background checks. I don't want criminals or mental patients buying guns. For similar reasons, I also don't have a problem with concealed carry permits, as long as the process isn't made unnecessarily burdensome just to discourage law-abiding citizens from carrying.

>That said, most people in most circumstances don't actually need to carry a concealed firearm. I'm not saying you should be denied the right to do that if you want, but people who bring their Glock along to Starbucks in perfectly safe suburban neighborhoods strike me as being paranoid goofballs.

>Open carrying a long gun, even (maybe especially) to make a political statement, just makes you a douche.

>Anyone who Bubba's a milsurp rifle is defacing a piece of history and ought to be shot with the rifle he's chopping up. I'm only half kidding. Hey asshole - if you want to do a hack job on a gun, buy some cheapo Stevens that was one of millions that rolled off an assembly line in Chengdu this year. Don't do it to an irreplaceable 75-year-old antique that was probably there for some of the most historic moments of the past century.
>>
>>33246899
I agree on the last point.
>>
>>33245984
this guy got it right
>>33246899
3/6 agree
>>
>>33247159
>3/6 agree
Which ones?
>>
>AR15 is the worst rifle ever designed, proliferation has killed every other firearm import.
>Glocks are the best striker fired polymer pistol period.
>5.56 is the best all purpose round ever designed.
>The US Army is full of retards, the M4 is the worst service rifle, UCP the worst camp pattern. The Army only exists to waste money the Marines could use.
>Roller delayed blowback is the best operation PERIOD.
>10mm is the apex handgun caliber.
>The scout rifle concept is unappreciated and is a good concept.
>SCAR is OVERPRICED.
>Piston AR's are better than DI.
>any barrel length below 16in is retarded.
>shotguns are the supreme HD weapon.
>>
File: 1487401600213.png (27KB, 780x825px) Image search: [Google]
1487401600213.png
27KB, 780x825px
There's a fuckin' lot of autism in this thread.
>>
>>33242457
Has the sights I like, holsters I like, grip I like, trigger setup I like ( OEM - w/ NY1 Olive), quality I like, and I buy mags both factory and pmag a few points over dealer cost.

So at this point with 30+ glock mags I have no reason not to buy a Glock
>>
>>33243557
>what is this recent meme of paying money for someone to teach you how to x?
You mean the obvious fucking thing to do?
>I dun need no teacher I got GOOGLE!

Just go ask somebody better than you to teach you to do shit right. Often this means asking someone who does so for a living. You will, and I mean this as an absolute, get more out of it than just faffing about at home fucking up your form. Anything else is just standard 4chan arrogance.
>>
>>33247245
>any barrel length below 16" is retarded
What about handguns? Why 16" and not 20"
>>
>>33243547
>I like wrist watches
>has a cheap shit quartz watch
I agree with the ruger point, but people like you shouldn't be allowed to show your shit taste like that either.
>>
>>33247284
For rifles. Pistols can have any barrel length they want.
>reduced velocity.
>increased recoil
>muzzle flash is huge.
>>
>>33247245
Holy fucking shit, so much wrong.

>>AR15 is the worst rifle ever designed, proliferation has killed every other firearm import.
Manual of arms is ideal. Fastest rifle to operate, period.
>>5.56 is the best all purpose round ever designed.
Not optimal. This is on the basis of objective physics. There are rounds that perform better, and the OAL is a significant limiting factor on the cartridge.
>>Roller delayed blowback is the best operation PERIOD.
At sending brass to the moon, sure. It's inherently idiotically violent. Obsolete.
>>10mm is the apex handgun caliber.
All handgun rounds above .380 and below .44 Magnum are equally unreliable at killing humans. Stopping power is only a thing in rifles. 10mm is a meme. Use a lower recoil caliber so you can follow-up shots more quickly because if you didn't kill them in one with 9mm, 10mm wouldn't have done any different. Only a memespouting fool thinks otherwise.
>>The scout rifle concept is unappreciated and is a good concept.
I would kill a man for a 16" bolt gun in 7.62x39 that took strippers, had a siderail and a bayo lug. Only good thing you've said thusfar.
>>Piston AR's are better than DI.
Piston ARs are a meme answer to a question that doesn't exist, and carrier tilt is a problem that cannot be solved.
>>any barrel length below 16in is retarded.
Please spend two minutes in a shoothouse. You've likely never fired from any position but a standstill.
>>shotguns are the supreme HD weapon.
Shotguns fire WRECKING BALLS that DO NOT STOP and will DESTROY YOUR SHIT and KILL YOUR FAMILY and cause SEVERE COLLATERAL DAMAGE. A 5.56 SBR AR using 75gr OHP ammunition is the supreme HD weapon. Extremely light, insanely quick to point, drops people like they weren't ever alive to begin with and rounds disintegrate after hitting two sheets of drywall. Completely ideal.
>>
File: 1972.jpg (411KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1972.jpg
411KB, 1000x1000px
>>33247310
>I don't like your watch
fuck you nigger, that is a skagen watch, and it is a nice watch. just because a watch isn't expensive doesn't mean it sucks. there's lots of very good watches for $400-$1000. do you like muh accutron better?
>>
>>33243408
Square toe high top boots a best
>>
File: 36.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
36.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>33242134
I genuinely think that the mosin nagant is a very nice rifle, not in the sense that it's a swiss-tier match grade shooter, but it's got a certain charm and look to it that strikes me as a mere humble peasant's tool to defend his village, I'm not even a commie. Its caliber is very fun and doesn't kick hard (learn to shoulder properly, even if the stock is too small for a big guy like you). People shit on them too much.

I don't exclusively like them because they are the only rifles poorfags can afford either (they are the cheapest arms in my collection by a large margin), but I still find them charming.
>>
>>33247245
>AR15 is the worst rifle ever designed
maybe not the worst, but having a bolt that (even on rifle gas) doesn't last the life of the barrel is pretty shitty
>proliferation has killed every other firearm import
this
>5.56 is the best all purpose round ever designed
what is 6.5 grendel
>The scout rifle concept is unappreciated and is a good concept
Jeff Cooper pls go
>>
>>33244326
You could always stop being a fucking tourist and actually get a permit for backcountry.

dork.
>>
>>33243048
This.

>>33243604
I think I love you.

Glocks were always overrated trash.
The Metric system is gay and so is any bullet measured with it.
Aesthetics over functionality every time.
Shrek 3 was an underrated gem.
>>
File: ocanada.jpg (157KB, 953x780px) Image search: [Google]
ocanada.jpg
157KB, 953x780px
>>33247440
>americans need a permit to go innawoods
>>
>>33247489
>California
>America
>>
>>33247365
>makes a stupid point about rugers
>gets defensive for having a Ruger of a watch
>posts some garbage like that's supposed to prove he doesn't have shit taste 99% of the time
>>
>I really want an AR in 243
Not because it fills any particular role. It's just a light, low recoil round that's a little faster than 5.56.
>>
>>33247512
you didn't tell me if you like it better though. i mostly like seikos. i want a grand seiko but can't afford.
>>
File: federal-public-land-map[1].jpg (137KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
federal-public-land-map[1].jpg
137KB, 650x487px
>>33244791
The rim and case design lends itself to pretty easy manufacture and reliable extraction but introduces problems in double-stack magazine fed firearms. It's not really ideal for use in 20 round or so magazine fed semi-autos, it works but it's less ideal. That's all.

>>33246617
In regards to their handguns I would say this is accurate, their centerfire rifles are ~10-15% overpriced though. If their mini series and scout rifles were just a little cheaper they would probably have a lot more market share despite the magazine faggotry.

>>33247489
You can't legally camp outside of designated camp sites in national parks and most state parks (frequently requiring a permit) but federal and public land that is not managed by the military is generally free game to do whatever in unless something has been explicitly banned at that locale.

>>33247546
If 243 didn't absolutely shred barrels I would be on board. PTR as JLD did make .243 G3 clones.
>>
File: nice.jpg (36KB, 391x545px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
36KB, 391x545px
>>33243532
>you can't buy skill
>but you can if you attend my course goy- i mean guys
>>
>scar rifles were meant to be in tan. They look disgusting in any other color

>using an 18" + barrel with a 5.56 is stupid. If you're engaging a target over 200 yards you should be using a .308

>bullpups are the future of rifles
>>
>>33247633
>Classes are for suckers!
Stay MM. You'll never even hit SS with that attitude.
>>
>>33247440
>stop being a tourist
I was in Yosemite for a day
we were on a tight schedule
>>
>>33247662
Saying you need classes to ever be good at shooting is retarded and you know it
>>
>>33247622
Is there really no way to harden the barrel enough to withstand the velocity of 243?
>>
>>33245984
Referred to as the inevitable mistake by Mikhail
>>
>>33247689
But they do direct your attention to hugs you might have missed. It's like learning anything from cooking to shooting to guitar, you can get good on your own but someone more experienced than you can always give pointers.
>>
>smith and wesson M&P series is shit, they copied glocks and made it look more mall ninja

>shields are an indication of poverty and anyone who owns one should be barred from procreation

>if you willfully live in a cucked state you deserve what they make law.

>99% of the ar-15 community are faggots who cant use their rifle for shit, the rest would be too pussy to actually use it in the intended way they practice and if you think im not talking about you, youre who im talking about.

>majority of /k/ spouts garbage with no experience to back it, the ones who are knowledgeable are shunned.
>>
>>33243768
thats not an opinion, its a factually incorrect statement. at least the first half is.
>>
>>33247770
>>99% of the ar-15 community are faggots who cant use their rifle for shit, the rest would be too pussy to actually use it in the intended way they practice
thats a pretty broad statement pertaining to 90% of the gun owning community.
>>
Guns really aren't that important.

I prefer people carrying a gun in public be educated on self defense law to prevent newly empowered retards from shooting people in unjustified situations

The second amendment is a good concept but has little practical application today

Ownership of firearms is not an essential human right for the most part, but the idea of the people being the ultimate check on the government had validity and has little application without a realistic means of fighting back

I find shooting to be somewhat boring in general, the relation of firearms to history and their mechanics are more interesting

A year of public service of an individual's choice being required for full citizenship (or at least voting purposes) would help to foster a sense of civic duty and be a positive thing for our country. People forget that they have both rights and duties to their nation, if they were exposed to other parts of the country and the people that reside there they'd feel more connected to their fellow man.

Trump and the GOP are doing a terrible job of actually running the nation (the Democrats aren't much better and are high on self righteousness but this isn't unpopular)

/k/ can provide valuable information and is a good place to learn about developments in the gun world as they happen (if you can dodge the misinformation - once again not unpopular)

There is literally nothing wrong with most Muslims in the US or Jews. Muslims are irrelevant except as a target of hate or people to prop up to show how righteous you are. Jews are masters of working the system to their benefit but are often legitimately more talented than their competitors. Most Jew hatred should really be aimed at the entire ruling class regardless of ethnicity.
>>
>single stack pistols are worthless
it's like these fuckers think they can't miss.
>sub compact/micro pistols for CCW
increased recoil, decreased grip surface and low round count. yeah. that's what I want for a gun I may one day use to defend myself and/or others. fuck you and your stupid tiny guns. anything smaller than a Glock 19 or CZ P01 is just dumb.
>faggots that carry a gun but can't fight are worse than chad
99% of the bad situations you get into can be resolved with words, or fists. if you don't understand that, you shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun. hand to hand is crucial to self defense and every time you draw, you're at risk of ending up in a fight for your gun. You have to know how to retain your weapon in a fight, and should be carrying a weapon retention tool of some sort (SOCP, TDI, or even good folder)

>>33242376

>over penetration is a myth

fucking this. so much. I can't stand it when dipshits talk about overpen in a standard service caliber. Sure, overpen becomes and issue *sort of* when you're using something like a 7.62mm or bigger, but for pistols it's not an issue.

If there's someone/something behind your target you don't want to hit, you don't shoot. A simple step to the left or right changes the angle and can clear you for a shot. I don't care what kind of ammo you're carrying, or how often you practice, you've got to realize that in an intense situation, you're likely to miss your target completely.... more than once, so you MUST be sure of your target, AND what lies beyond it.

Trained police officers, who shoot pistols far more regularly than the overwhelming majority of CCW holders (and get professional training) have a national average of 20% hits during a live shoot. It's not much different for a trained infantryman using a rifle either.
>>
5.45x39 is the best commonly available intermediate cartridge.
Machineguns should be NFA or otherwise restricted items. A PKM in the wrong hands could kill a FUCKTON of people, and a couple M2 Brownings in KKK technicals rolling through New Orleans would redefine massacre. Same for explosives. Fuck "shall not be infringed" I like being able to get on a plane without having to worry about some punk whose dad wasn't around enough lurking just past the tarmac with a man-PADS.
Cheap guns are fine. A Taurus, Nugget, or Hi Point will still work. I'll never personally buy any of them but I don't disparage those who would put their discretionary income elsewhere.
"Stopping power" doesn't apply to anything weaker than .357 magnum.
Some "communist" stuff like ready access to food, shelter, and medical supplies is necessary to form a decent society.
Eugenics was a good idea. It's too late now with the advent of genetic modification just behind a regulations/ethics wall.
Shooter video games are awful. Not in a soccer mom sense I mean they suck.
True faith in anything or anyone is dangerous.
If you conceal carry more than one gun you need to reevaluate your autism.
If you think "SHTF" (as preppers describe it, not riots or a flood) is a real possibility you need to reevaluate your autism.
Ounces are not pounds.

>>33247777
Repeating digits and truth in the same post? It's more likely than you think. Click here to learn more.
>>
>>33247842
>Trained police officers, who shoot pistols far more regularly than the overwhelming majority of CCW holders
most police officers only touch their guns once a year to qualify, not that i disagree with the point youre making
>>
File: chrome_2017-02-10_18-04-35.png (310KB, 426x416px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-02-10_18-04-35.png
310KB, 426x416px
>>33242882
>Muh Youtube
>>
>>33242376
If you miss with a single hollow point you are more likely to kill a bystander
>>
>>33242736

>Shooting for speed is cancer

yeah, because being able to get hits are target quickly would NEVER help in a gunfight. You sound like a fat tard that can't shoot, so you bitch about people with actual skill.
>>
>>33242278
OP said unpopular opinions
>>
>>33247868

yes, but during academy they fire more rounds in a week than most CCW guys do in a year. Additional training classes are also taken at least twice a year (at least here anyway, differs from PD to PD I imagine). I'd also say that many (but probably not most) are avid shooters outside of work, either with shooting has a hobby or just a strong work ethic that keeps them honing that skill.

>source: several family members in CPD

I'm not saying that police are the end-all-be-all of pistol shooting. far from it. I just think that they are, in general, much more competent shooters than your average CCW guy
>>
>>33247842
>99% of the bad situations you get into can be resolved with words, or fists. if you don't understand that, you shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun. hand to hand is crucial to self defense and every time you draw, you're at risk of ending up in a fight for your gun.

You've never actually lived in a bad neighborhood, have you? Protip: "Words or fists" ain't gonna help you when a pack of half a dozen feral niggers needs cash for malt liquor and weed, and your white ass looks as good as an ATM to them. Double that if you happen to be female and they feel like getting some pussy, too. Take your bullshit Chuck Norris fantasies back to the sticks, cowboy.
>>
>>33247356
>Shotguns fire WRECKING BALLS that DO NOT STOP and will DESTROY YOUR SHIT and KILL YOUR FAMILY and cause SEVERE COLLATERAL DAMAGE.
What do you think of lighter loads in shotguns? I use #4 birdshot as my go-to HD shotgun round. It'll stop a bad guy at under 10 yards, but probably won't do much penetrating through the wall behind him.
>>
>>33247394
Thumbs up on this.
>>
>>33247960

I live in Cincinnati, home of literal race riots that pop off here about every 3 or 4 years. Worse yet, I live in the burrow of Westwood, in the worst of areas (which will only make sense to locals).

Words and fists do indeed solve 99% of your situations. the "half a dozen feral niggers" is the 1%. If you're getting jumped at an ATM you made "half a dozen" stupid decisions that led you there, as anyone that's lived in a "bad neighborhood" knows better than to carry cash or hit the ATM on foot.

>Take your bullshit Chuck Norris fantasies back to the sticks cowboy

you sound like an out of shape little bitch that's never been in a scrap. fact of the matter is, learning how to resolve conflict with words or fists is a life skill.

just because you're a pussy that can't fight, doesn't mean the rest of the world is as big of a bitch as you are. You better pray that when you pull your CCW (lol j/k you're probably noguns) that one of those "feral niggers" doesn't tackle your weak ass because you wont have a clue what to do next.

also

>implying women can't fight

you'd be surprised how well a 120lb girl can defend herself against the average man if she's /fit/ and knows how to handle herself.
>>
File: ninevah_isis_execution-edit.jpg (48KB, 538x314px) Image search: [Google]
ninevah_isis_execution-edit.jpg
48KB, 538x314px
>>33247819
>There is literally nothing wrong with most Muslims in the US or Jews.
This is how you let jews destroy a country and drown you in muds because "they're just people too." Granted, they are people but violent people who hate western values.
>>
>>33247819
>The second amendment is a good concept but has little practical application today
Because powerful men have stopped wanting to grasp for power? Because it's no longer possible for governments to be oppressive? Cool story bro, but stop reading Progressive Era futurist novels and pick up a history book. Protip: Edward Bellamy and H. G. Wells were dippy utopian dreamers.
>>
>>33247998
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/02/robert-farago/shotgun-penetration-with-various-rounds/

you get like 7 inches of penetration in ballistic gel. its not a good choice.
>>
File: immigration_act1965.jpg (264KB, 1276x997px) Image search: [Google]
immigration_act1965.jpg
264KB, 1276x997px
>>33247819
>>33248023
>>
>>33248015
>you'd be surprised how well a 120lb girl can defend herself against the average man if she's /fit/ and knows how to handle herself.
Maybe if the "average man" is the pussy you're replying to. Girls get knocked out too easy. Something about muscle density around the neck. One solid noggin knock and she's a fleshlight.
>>
>>33248030

I'm not saying they're equal in physical ability. Yeah you're right in what you're saying. The average american male IS a pussy. Most dudes are painfully out of shape, have never taken so much as a boxing class, and would get hurt BADLY trying to take on a /fit/ girl with some training under her belt.

but.... that's just average Joe Blow. If a dude IS in good shape, and DID take a little bit of training.... well.... I hope she's armed.
>>
>>33248015
>Words and fists do indeed solve 99% of your situations. the "half a dozen feral niggers" is the 1%
Hey dipshit - those 1% of situations is *precisely* what you need a gun for in the first place. Yes, 99% of your interactions with other human beings will *not* end up in a gunfight, nor in any other kind of violent confrontation. And 99% of the time you drive your car, you won't crash - but the 1% of the time that you will is what your seatbelt is for. Yes, knowing how to talk your way out of a bad situation is good, but it's not a substitute for a gun. Just like being a careful driver is good, but it's not a substitute for a seatbelt.
>you sound like an out of shape little bitch that's never been in a scrap. fact of the matter is, learning how to resolve conflict with words or fists is a life skill.
Yeah, I'll go ahead and say that your implied claim of being able to beat down the 'hood with your bare fists is image board bullshit.
>you'd be surprised how well a 120lb girl can defend herself against the average man if she's /fit/ and knows how to handle herself.
No, really, they can't. Again, this is reality, not a Marvel movie where 105-pound Scarlett Johansson beats the shit out ten burly dudes carrying rifles without breaking a sweat. Reality doesn't work that way.

Nice try.
>>
>>33248025
>you get like 7 inches of penetration in ballistic gel. its not a good choice.
I think a couple ounces of lead penetrating seven inches into their body would be enough to stop just about anybody.
>>
>>33242134
I actually like Century AKs.
>>
File: 1427198636421.jpg (26KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1427198636421.jpg
26KB, 600x450px
>>33247245
>Piston AR's are better than DI
>>
>>33248068

fuck me you are dumb as you could possibly be. I'm saying that you carry a gun for those 1% situations, everything else you can handle with words or hands. I also never claimed to be able to "beat down the hood". you're either really, really bad at reading comprehension, or your'e reaching for straws because you got BTFO and sound like an autsitic child. I also never claimed that a 105 pound girl can beat the shit out of "ten burly dudes". What I said is a /fit/ girl (which ScarJ is NOT) can defend herself against and average man.

you really are completely goddamn retarded.
>>
>>33242575
>IO is terrible
The thread is UNpopular opinions
>>
>>33248075
youd be wrong. making hamburger of someones gut probably isnt actually going to kill them, definitely not quickly. theres a reason the fbi has a 12 inch minimum standard. if you want to reliably stop someone, choose a caliber and projectile combo that will reliably penetrate at least that much.

despite what /k/ tells you, you do actually want enough penetration to pass through a few layers of drywall.
>>
>>33248085
What is HK416 for $100?
>>
>>33248046
>>33248015
>and would get hurt BADLY trying to take on a /fit/ girl with some training under her belt.
I think you're delusional. For most women being fit is having some cardio health.
Unless that girl is a goddamn prize fighter, body builder, or the guy is completely unmotivated there is just way too much physical disparity in the overwhelming majority of cases. Out of shape or not the male anatomical structure is simply better suited to physical ends and more resilient to damage, an average dude is going to destroy women who aren't near him in muscular skeletal weight.
Granted, I've met women I wouldn't want to fight both for training or ogre status but examples of either are very few and far between. A woman's best bet is to be armed or scream and attempt to flee.
>>
>>33248089
>fuck me you are dumb as you could possibly be. I'm saying that you carry a gun for those 1% situations, everything else you can handle with words or hands.
First, you're backtracking. Second, you're still full of shit. Packs of hood rats aren't interested in resolving their differences with you by means of gentlemanly pugilism, by Marquis of Queensbury rules. You'd be a fool to even take the chance that they were. I have no intention of initiating violence but if it is initiated against me, or if it's obvious that it's about to be initiated against me, I have no intention of "playing fair". Unlike you, I'm not out to prove how gar I am. Initiate violence against me, and you take your life in your hands (or more accurately, you take it in my hands). End of story.
>I also never claimed to be able to "beat down the hood". you're either really, really bad at reading comprehension, or your'e reaching for straws because you got BTFO and sound like an autsitic child.
More backtracking. Yeah, you pretty much did, and it's obvious bullshit.
>I also never claimed that a 105 pound girl can beat the shit out of "ten burly dudes". What I said is a /fit/ girl (which ScarJ is NOT) can defend herself against and average man.
Which is bullshit.
>>
>>33243048
>For every Glock fanboy who thinks they're actually perfect and leaves them stock, there are 1000 who immediately change the sights, perform a trigger job, and add grip tape to them.

It's probably the other way around considering the ratio of average gun owners to high volume shooting autists. Not to mention, guns like the ppq and p320 dont really have aftermarket trigger options. And I'd bet the owners of guns like that replace the shitty oem sights just like glock owners if they shoot the things semi frequently.
>>
>>33242134
OP, I gave up on your post when you used the word literally... You're a child. Fuck off and die.
>>
>>33247356
>2 min in a killhouse.
Nigga I spent a WEEK in a MOUT course with a M16A4 go fuck yourself.
>10mm is a meme
Go tell that to Denmark forest rangers.
>roller delayed blowback.
Go find me a operating system for MG's SMG's Assault Rifles, Battle Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
>75gr OTHP will frag after 2 layers of drywall.
No... Just no.
>>
>>33248122

I agree with most of what you're saying. I guess the difference is, I have much lower expectations for the average male. Maybe it's different in other areas of the country, but most of the men in and around this area are sadly, painfully out of shape and weak. We're talking skeletors and fatboys. most of them working at call centers, etc.

You're right that her BEST defense is to be armed, make noise, and attempt to flee. But I maintain that a /fit/ chick with some training can be more than the average male.

>>33248134

>you're backtracking
sorry I changed one word, my bad kiddo (autistic screeching)
>Packs of hood rats aren't interested in resolving their differences with you by means of gentlemanly pugilism

holy shit you are so stupid it hurts. the "pack of hood rats" trying to beat/rape/rob you IS THE 1% YOU CARRY A GUN FOR. What do you not understand? I've only explained this to you three different ways now.

>initiate violence against me, and you take your life in your hands (or more accurately, you take it in my hands)
>tips fedora
you are on cringy little fucktard. so if someone shoves you to the ground, you'll just shoot them? if someone punches you (and you weak ass somehow is still conscious) you'll just shoot them? some guy sgrabs your shoulder, so you shoot them? Your logic is flawed, you're fucking dumb, and you shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun.

>Yeah, you pretty much did, and it's obvious bullshit.

I specifically said, multiple times now, that facing down a group is part of those 1% scenarios where you need to carry a gun. You must live in some bizzare dream world where you get attacked by angry mobs on a daily basis. You apparently do not understand how fucking rare that shit actually happens, even in bad parts of town. the overwhelming majority of people go through life without ever needing to pull a gun. You're an idiot. 99% of the time it's not a pack of feral niggers, or group of skin heads, or legion of ninjas.
>>
intermediate calibers are a meme
>>
>>33248134

>which is bullshit

and you've OBVIOUSLY never spent any time on the matts. I'd love to watch your fat, weak, fedora tipping ass get rolled on by my girlfriend. she's only 5'7 and 130lbs, and I've seen her knock out men nearly twice her size. granted, they weren't athletic in any way (neither are you) and they had no training (neither do you) but against the AVERAGE male she's got no trouble putting them away.

She does get a little 'overconfident' sometimes, so we throw her on matts with one of my buddies just to remind her she's still a woman. I don't spar with her mind you.... only a goddamn fool would spar his own girlfriend. that's a good way to ruin a relationship.
>>
>People should go through mandatory firearms training every time they buy a gun

Seriously. I decided to show a friend my arsenal once and handed him my AR-15. Before doing so I told him very seriously not to point it at anything. Motherfucker put his finger on the trigger and swept the room with it like Tony Montana in Scarface.

It was unloaded and safetied, but Jesus Christ...the lack of basic gun safety amongst the people is terrifying.

To be fair, probably was at least partially my fault for letting fucking normies touch my guns.
>>
>>33242376
I'm left handed and I own a mini-14, a 10/22 and a SR1911, why the hate ?
>>
File: 1464806852829.jpg (66KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464806852829.jpg
66KB, 620x400px
>>33248321
They're just mad we're better at everything except being right handed, both for better and for worse.
>>
>>33248331
>aggressively overcompensating for being genetically inferior
literally the reason why /fit/ is nothing but manlets
>>
File: ned.png (221KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
ned.png
221KB, 500x336px
>>33248406
>comparing lefties to manlets
Hahaha. You have nothing left.
>>
>>33248417
>comparing genetically inferior to genetically inferior
i see no problem here
>>
>>33248262
Holy shit that's so true, every time you hand a gun to an untrained relative or friend, no matter how many time you tell them about trigger discipline, first thing they do is wrap their finger around the trigger.
>>
>>33248424
>left handed
>more rich and smart on average than right handed peoples
>genetically inferior

???
>>
>>33242834
Someone just listened to 3 episodes of SOTG and regurgitated Paul markel's top talking points...
>>
>>33248196
>you are on cringy little fucktard. so if someone shoves you to the ground, you'll just shoot them? if someone punches you (and you weak ass somehow is still conscious) you'll just shoot them? some guy sgrabs your shoulder, so you shoot them? Your logic is flawed, you're fucking dumb, and you shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun.
It must be great to have psychic abilities such that, if someone punches you or puts you on the ground, you know for sure that the next thing they'll do won't be to pull a gun or a knife, or to start curbstomping until your skull caves in. I prefer not to take the chance. I also know how to pull a gun and point it at someone without firing it, so whether or not I'll shoot them is still undetermined. Hopefully they'll just run away when they see a gun, which is how the vast majority of occasions when someone pulls a gun in self-defense end
>>33248227
>and you've OBVIOUSLY never spent any time on the matts
And here we have the issue. Self-defense is not a sport or a game for me, as it seems to be for you. I don't go around shouting at people because I can't handle my emotions or getting into bar fights to prove I'm a tough guy. I leave others alone. I mind my own business. If someone refuses to do the same with me, they're taking an awful risk.

Let me re-emphasize: Personal defense is not a sport, and street fights don't go the way that high school wrestling matches do. Your Rex Kwon Do fantasies aside, a real street fight with virtually any male would put your girlfriend in the hospital or the morgue. You're obviously fucking delusional in more ways than one, and suspect, though don't hope, that you're big mouth and overestimation of your own toughness is going to get you very badly hurt someday.
>>
>>33248553
>you're
Oops, "your". Hey - typos happen at 2:30 in the morning.
>>
>>33244173
>you are a coward if you don't want to serve Israel's agenda.

I'll enlist when China attacks
>>
File: dwights-black-belt.jpg (65KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
dwights-black-belt.jpg
65KB, 600x400px
>>33248227
>>
>>33248134
Look, the guy you're arguing with is stupid on the whole 'fists' and ability to hand-to-hand defend himself, but this boogeyman you've set up is even stupider. You've obviously never spent any real time in any hood where these "feral packs of niggers" would dwell, because what you've set up doesn't exist. If your pasty white ass was wandering around the wrong side of town with money hanging out your pocket, the groups of bangers wouldn't touch you unless you went up and started shit, because any banger has enough street sense to know rolling some stupid lost white boy is going to bring down a world of heat on them over whatever petty cash you were carrying. Spend a little time out in the world instead of shitposting on a Mongolian overnight trucking forum and you might be able to carry yourself as somewhat intelligent in conversation.
>>
>>33248406
The only reason /fit/ is filled with manlets is because its way easier to put on muscle and show progress in a shorter period of time when you're shorter vs taller. So the shorter guys see progress sooner and stick with it, while a lot more taller guys get fed up at not being able to see the fruits of their labour and give up.
>>
>>33243602
Only if that's all you're wearing
>>
>>33246899
6/6
>>
>>33243265
lol you got your butthole owned senpai
>>
File: visalrail04[1].jpg (56KB, 600x359px) Image search: [Google]
visalrail04[1].jpg
56KB, 600x359px
Bench shooting has a respectable place in the overall genre of shooting sports.

It's done more to advance the science of small arms ballistics than any other discipline.
>>
>>33249063
I dont think anyone would argue over this.
>>
File: 1487651587826.jpg (217KB, 726x695px) Image search: [Google]
1487651587826.jpg
217KB, 726x695px
>>33249063
Good job posting the least controversial opinion in the entire thread, dumbass.
>>
File: 1487927297111.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487927297111.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>33243048
>aftermarket
plain and simple
what gun do you think most holsters are going to have an option for?

glock 19

what if you have a light mounted as well? and you don't want some shitty universal handgun holster?

glock 19

don't like the stock gun?
new sights, maybe some grip tape, a little bit of framework if you want to go that far.
can you safely assume almost any gunsmith will work on a glock 19?

the point being, the aftermarket is such a massive advantage for a carry/woods/range/all around gun, that it outweigh's a lot of other things, and i've never personally seen a glock malfunction in anything but pouring sand and mud into the action.

hope you enjoyed buddy boys
>>
File: swedish army.gif (3MB, 356x217px) Image search: [Google]
swedish army.gif
3MB, 356x217px
>9mm has more recoil than a fawdy-five
>Ruger gets too much shit
>Mark 23's are fuckhuge and have no real purpose other than being the worlds biggest brick of a pistol
>shotguns don't kick hard
>>
>>33245375
I do. One 9mm pistol for carrying, one suppressed 9mm carbine for home defense.
>>
>>33246899
>People who conceal carry anywhere outside of Chiraq or fallujah are paranoid
>>
>>33243768
Kind of agree. Silencers and SBRs wouldn't be anywhere near as cool if they weren't verboten.
>>
File: IMG_3406.gif (2MB, 290x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3406.gif
2MB, 290x337px
>>33249005
downvoted!
>>
>Piston is better than DI, in terms of maintenance, reliability, durability, sustained fire

>NATO should replace 5.56 by 6.5 Grendel

>AK are unergonomic POS
>>
>>33243963
this post is SAVAGE
>>
>>33244047
He's obviously saying the land and climate are great but the people are awful. How dumb are you?
>>
>the STALKER series sucks

>s will never htf and you'll never need that plate carrier and your 20 extra mags

>milsurp is for poor people

>open carry is cancer and it harms gun rights

>people who say "manual of arms", use "run" to describe what's on their gun, or say "platform" need to kill themselves asap

>banning cheap handguns would save lives
>>
>>33243963
How do you feel that PA's gun laws are significantly different from states in the south? Assuming you don't in a rats nest like Philly, the laws are remarkably similar.
>>
>>33242575
100% agree.
>>
>>33250127
Forgot

> Glock are outdated, they haven't updated their design for years ang lag behind new polymer striker like the CZ P10C, Steyr M9A1 Beretta PX4 or Sig P320
>>
>>33250200
kys
>>
>>33242860
What about people that get shot with level 3A or less soft body armor? They get a serious bruise not a concussion.
>>
>>33250200

This faggot acts like natural disasters don't happen.

Nigger, that's what a lot of ppl plan for when it's a shtf scenario. Look at Katrina and how many tens of thousands who lost their home?

What about the 2010 Haiti earthquake that displaced 3 million ppl, killed almost a quarter of a million.

What about the 2011 Japan earthquake that killed over 15k ppl, followed by the giant tsunami that fucked up how much property?

That's just a small list, try googling the last 10 yrs, you'll see nothing but death and destruction

When ever a disaster like these happen. Looting, riots, murder, all that shit is pretty common. Like in Haiti, a guy got beat to death with a rock, so the perso could take his garbage bag full of plastic pitballs.

Natural disasters are not this rare occurrence that happens once every 50 million years. It happens frequently.

So you're either a dumb ass, a faggot fresh from highschool who don't know shit, or some one who never leaves their house and has no clue what is happening in the world. I wouldn't be surprised if you're all three. I Def know that you're a dumbass.
>>
>>33250200
>>banning cheap handguns would save lives
Sure, and reducing the national speed limit to 15MPH would save lives, too. What's your point?
>>
>>33250200
not really, no
>people who say "manual of arms"
literally who says this outside of the proper context?
>>
>>33250428
Japan and Katrina had high death tolls, but Japan had no breakdown of society such that people needed to lone ranger themselves against roving hordes of looters, and the breakdown in Katrina was so short lived lived that if you went SHTF Rambo all you'd end up with is serious criminal charges after order was restored.

Haiti isn't a fair comparison because the state of living there is so bad that any 'shtf prep' would be shit that would already be useful on a daily basis there. And I can promise you that nobody that lives in Haiti is posting on /k/
>>
There is nothing more disgusting than the sight sound and smell of a Speingfield XD user.
>>
File: 2000px-Flag_of_Cascadia.svg.png (86KB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flag_of_Cascadia.svg.png
86KB, 2000x1200px
>>33242479
FUCK YOU WASHINGTON A BEST
>PALOUSE REPRESENT
>>
>>33250200

how can you say this with a straight face with the average price of milsurp these days
>>
The katana is a good sword design, but not so much better than some other swords that it deserves the reputation it has.

Related:

The Imperial Japanese military was actually pretty shit. The Bushido code may have romantic appeal, but is actually a hindrance in modern war. Among other things, an martial code that encourages experienced soldiers and officers to die with honor will soon run you out of those precious commodities (which is what led to disasters like the Marianas Turkey Shoot). Also, saying that you'll never retreat is just stupid - sometimes retreating is the only thing that makes sense. Let's not forget that the ChiComs still brag about the Long March, and that was one huge retreat that spanned all across China - but it was also a great accomplishment for them because of how well they handled it. Speaking of which, the only reason Japan ever had any success against China was that China was already in the middle of a civil war when Japan attacked, and, frankly, had never really recovered from the Taiping Rebellion. As soon as they faced an adversary that *wasn't* already in total disarray when they got there (the US military was/is mediocre at best, but at least it didn't have China's internal problems), they got rolled up like a cheap rug.

Oh, and the Zero was a pretty bad design, too. It was maneuverable, but that's far from the most important thing in aerial combat. Its armament was WAY too light, and when the Americans got around to designing equipment (like the Hellcat and the Corsair) that had enough armor to take those hits, the Zero was rendered essentially completely ineffective. Oh, and making your warplane out of flammable magnesium (you know, the stuff that the firesteel in your camping pack is made of) is a pretty stupid idea, too.
>>
>>33250200
as a poor person, i can no longer afford my sweet sweet milsurp, prices are actually rising quite fast and it's depressing
>>
>>33250578
>how can you say this with a straight face with the average price of milsurp these days
Speaking of which:

I'm actually glad that the prices of milsurp rifles have gone up. Irreplaceable, antique pieces of history should be in the hands of people who will appreciate them instead of in the hands of poorfags who just want a cheap shooter or something they can chop up and bubba.
>>
File: HEEEYYAYAYAYAYAYAYA.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
HEEEYYAYAYAYAYAYAYA.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>33242376
>I am all of these things
>>
Related to the milsurp comments:

When all the 20somethings here are 40something, their Mosins will be by far their favorite rifles, even though they'll have disposable income and will be able to buy much more expensive and objectively better-made guns. By that time, their "garbage rod" will be an old friend, and taking it shooting will make them nostalgic for the days when they were young and poor, but a genuine WWII milsurp rifle was sixty bucks and you could spend all day innawoods blasting cheap surplus ammo through it.

t: It's the same reason why, of all the game systems in this house, the one I actually enjoy playing the most is my 25-year-old Super Nintendo.
>>
>>33250622
i want to cherish and afford raifus though
>>
>>33250428
Holy shit you're mad.

In NONE of those scenarios would you need all the cosplay shit you see in this forum. I'm talking stuff like plate carriers with your blood type on it and pockets stuffed with glow sticks and 30 rd mags.

You need some canned food and fresh water. Some basic medical supplies. Candles and batteries. Maybe a 12 ga or a Glock.

It's pretty clear you're a cosplayer who got absolutely ass rustled because you use "prepping" as a cover for dressing up and playing army man in the woods.
>>
>>33250622
On one hand, I can agree.

On the other hand, cheap milsurp allowed people who DO appreciate such things (but are on a budget) to get pieces of history at affordable prices.

I remember when I bought my Mosin. I didn't know much of anything since I was still into guns at the time, but I was just thrilled to own a rifle that served in WWII.
>>
>>33250480
>literally who says this outside of the proper context?

>>33242920
>>33247356

BTFO
>>
I like the forward assist on the AR.

It is a decent compromise because reciprocating bolts seem like they could get in the way when shooting around barriers but I've had more than one ftf on (not AR) guns with non reciprocating chargers that could easily have been solved with a forward assist instead of pulling the charging handle and praying it goes into battery and doesn't fucking doublefeed.
>>
>>33250741

Did I say I needed all that stuff? I don't even own a plate carrier. I have enough food and water to last me and my family for a week and a half. My firearms is nothing more than my g26 which is my daily CC, my home HD gun which is my AR. I don't plan on being some top tier operator who operates. I plan on gtfo as soon as I can, or try bunkering down until shit ends. If I don't see a end in sight, I don't plan on being mad max, I plan on just ending my life and not having to deal with that shit.

So shut the fuck up. Clearly you're just making speculations, where I actually have harden facts from FEMA, Red Cross and all the other agencies who job it is to study this shit. So no cosplay here, loser.
>>
>>33242736

choosing speed OR accuracy

>implying you can't have both

practice more
>>
>>33250741

What fantastical paradise do you live in? Because natural disasters happen on the local/regional scale pretty much every single fucking year for the majority of areas on the globe, with regional/national ones happening every couple of years.

Or have you forgotten about things like the Flood of '92, Hurricane Hugo, Hurricane Katrina, Superstorm Sandy, the nearly-monthly mud slides in SEA that kill tens of thousands of people, the hurricane+earthquake that hit Haiti, Fukushima Daiiki, etc etc etc that've happened in just the last 30 years and effected thousands of square miles?
>>
>>33250741
>It's pretty clear you're a cosplayer who got absolutely ass rustled because you use "prepping" as a cover for dressing up and playing army man in the woods.
This. Sometimes I suspect that Sa/k/uya is actually a brilliant troll who's out to make a point, which is that the way he dresses up to go innawoods and shoot guns really isn't any different from what the guys who do it in plate carriers are doing. Both are unnecessary, not particularly practical, and mostly just cosplay to make themselves feel good.
>>
>>33242134
try it with randomly popping up moving targets, fgt
see if you're "bored" then
>>
Cold Steel knives are perfectly fine.

Shotguns are only good for doors and birds.

Hard armor outside of anything other than actual warfare is a liability.

Keeping your HD or CCW weapon with an empty chamber isn't a real issue.

The differences between any commonly compared firearms or calibers are always too negligible to matter.

There is no reason to buy milsurp over modern production guns other than collecting.
>>
>>33243058
I don't get it. were you trying to be controversial, or did you just post in the wrong thread?
>>
>>33250916
Agree 5/6 (disagree on the shotgun thing). Especially agree on Cold Steel. Yes, they *do* make some "badass" meme knives to appeal to mall ninjas, and you shouldn't buy those. But if you know what's practical and stick to buying those, CS actually makes some pretty damn good knives at very reasonable prices.
>>
Nutnfancy actually makes a lot of good, informative videos that cover interesting subjects in good depth.

While I like iv8888's videos, he's been making them for years and he's still as stiff, wooden, and visibly uncomfortable in front of a camera as he was on day one. The man's made over a thousand videos and has nearly a million and a half subscribers, and his delivery on camera still reminds me of an eight-year-old kid in a third grade production of Romeo and Juliet.
>>
>>33248118
>What is HK416 for $100?
*What is HK416 for $2899?

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>33251041
Nutnfancy just has a autistic attention to detail and a lot of opinions that he fleshes out to strange levels.
>>
>>33250741
HAHAHAHAHAH

>REKT

For REAL!!! so many of you faggot autists collect these tacticool load outs expecting some jericho (tv show) style thing to happen... smdh. honestly if anything is to happen they are SMALL LOCALIZED disasters or crises' that require as >>33250741 said a glock a 12 guage food water.

on that not i understand the reasoning behind hoarding a basement full of shit and stocking up a workbench etc, but when you fags start wearing riotgear i feel second hand embarrassment
>>
>>33242134
>rocket rounds will never work, we tried those back in the 70's

People never seem to note that manufacturing has come a long way since then, and laser micro nozzle drilling is now a very reliable things that can be done cheaply. Along with new propellants and completely new control circuitry tech options.

So where are my new generation of Gyrojets?
I am not saying they will be the end all of guns, but they got a much bigger role they can fill now that we got the tech to build them right.
>>
>>33251672
Find me manufacturer that can get costs down to 10 CPR. Until then it's not going anywhere.
>>
>>33250412
I'd assume it's likely due to the way that the force has to pass through the vest, skin, muscles, fat, bones, and organs before reaching major vessels. The bones in particular may do a good job of redirecting these forces over a wider area when trauma occurs, for instance, on the outside of a rib cage. it's also possible that these impacts occur over a slightly longer time then penetrating wounds. Any increase in duration would significantly effect peak forces. Alternatively if a round actually penetrates all of these structures will be compromised and the round will be able to apply force much closer to the vessel, who's non compressible contents will direct these forces towards delicate structures. Also, something like a mild to moderate baroreceptor reflex response might only involve slight momentary light headedness akin to what many people feel from orthostatic hypotension while leaving no noticeable long term signs. This would be very easy to not notice when in a highly stressful situation, while your mind is entirely focusing on the sharp pain from being hit, and the threat you are currently facing. This same reflex occurring to a slightly greater degree due to blood vessel proximity, working synergystically with minor brain trauma and very quick blood loss would be much more likely to produce observable effects on target.
>>
>>33251693
With off the shelf industral gear I could buy and build them for ~$30 per round, current goes for ~$100.

If someone actually made a dedicated factory setup (which would take a lot more time and money upfront then I have now) then $10 per round is reasonable depending on economics of scale and specialization optimization.

But that is for dumb rounds.
Trick, smart and heat seekers would run more like $200 given the added guidance systems.
>>
>>33252152
That's my point though, even at $10 a pop no one will ever want them.
>>
>>33242134
Body armor is more important than a rifle, and less important than having a good head on your shoulders during SHTF.

Keeping a trauma kit in your range bag is a prudent decision.

Wearing a chest rig to a non RO'd public range isnt an entirely crazy idea.

Knowing how to properly set the stage is more important than anything beyond basic weapons familiarity for surviving a violent encounter. Split times, target changes, and quick presentations do very little to improve your likelihood of a good outcome compared to camping a fatal funnel, having the only solid cover, and using lighting to your advantage. A speed shooting champion will lose 8/10 against a fudd who goes to the range once a month if the fudd is the defender and uses these simple ideas against him.
>>
this thread makes me want to fucking kill myself because I now know how stupid so many people are

retards
>>
>>33243958
>>33248321
I was only talking about semi-auto pistols (which was fairly obvious)
>>
Most American-made firearms are garbage.
>>
>>33252394
comrade, how's the basement at your mothers house?

faggot
>>
>>33252350
Feel free to actually counter any points.
>>
>>33251693
Find me anything literally anything that's not 22lr for less than 10cpr. Idiot. Maybe $1 per round is a more reasonable goal there bud.
>>
>>33252802
Cost to manufacture, dipshit.
>>
Hunting medium to large game with anything less than a full size 30+ caliber rifle round is retreaded.
300 black out is a useless meme.
If a rifle is too heavy for you than you're too weak.
>>
>>33248029
that doesn't disprove anything they said. The main ethnicity growing in your graphs is the hispanic/latin ethnicity. "Others" group stays at 2010 level, Blacks even lower in proportion, but Hispanics double in proportion. All it could serve is to defend the wall of mexico thing.
>>
>>33252438
>mad because true
>>
>>33248553
so if someone shoves you to the ground, you'll aim your gun at them ? If I wasn't afraid of jail I'd love to shoot your kind in the back. You're an anti-gun argument incarnate, fragile little cuck.
>>
>>33250874
>>33250896

I'm not even sure what we're arguing about or why you're so mad.

My original complaint was about people who want to dress up as top tier DEVGRU tier one snakeaters delta GROM and use "muh natural disasters" as an excuse.

Being prepared for realistic contingencies like hurricanes and earthquakes is fine and prudent.
>>
>>33253598
>so if someone shoves you to the ground, you'll aim your gun at them ? If I wasn't afraid of jail I'd love to shoot your kind in the back. You're an anti-gun argument incarnate, fragile little cuck.
So if someone disagrees with you on the internet, you'll shoot them in the back (real brave, BTW)? You're a pro-gun argument incarnate - I'm very happy that I can have a gun to defend myself against unhinged violent lunatics like you.
>>
>>33253598
not the faggot you're talking too, but if somebody strikes you and you go down, or throws you to the ground and attempts to continue said assault, lethal force would likely be justified.
>>
File: 1452513098445.jpg (552KB, 1625x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1452513098445.jpg
552KB, 1625x1117px
>>33246899
>I don't want criminals or mental patients buying guns
>mental patients

I was voluntarily committed to a mental institution for suicidal tenancies and ideations. I can still buy firearms even though I was committed twice and was put on anti-psychotics (lithium, the only drug proven to stop suicidal ideations, lmao, yeah, and my dick is solid gold too.).

I'm pretty sure I have undiagnosed bipolar disorder/manic depression and not just MDD, but that's what lying to your psychologist gets you. But, that's neither here nor there.

Plus, either way I have brothers and friends that know me well enough and trust me to the point that they would gift me firearms if I asked, so it's a moot point because private sales exist.

My point I guess is that crazies can buy firearms, and so can criminals, and since I've already spammed/blogged a wall of text I should just go ahead and mention that I probably won't buy any firearms for a while considering the last set I had before I was committed just ended up being sold after I was tired of going through night after night of sitting around with a gun in my mouth. Also, don't buy wafffenwerks, kiddos, mine failed to fire the one time I actually nutted up and pulled the trigger. That light primer strike is the bane of my existence.

/blog
>>
.30-06 is shit

>requires long action
>in general military use offered no real advantages compared to its counterparts
>.308 and even 54R can pretty much fulfill the same purpose with smaller casings and shorter actions
>>
>>33242882
>His school doesn't have drivers ed
Do you come from a private school?
>>
>>33242895
yes comrade, you must work in service of the people. the people are the state, so you must be slave to state
>>
>>33242981
>striker fire weapons are not reliable
>Police firing ranges showed 400% increase in FTF/FTE after switching to Glock
>Police firing ranges showed huge drop in accuracy when switching to Glock
>only wannabe rappers carry Glocks
>>
>A 12 gauge shotgun is literally the only type of long gun any civilian would ever need.

Unless you are 100% certain you will need to kill someone wearing modern plate armor, there is a type of 12 gauge shell and a type of shotgun ca0able of filling every need not met by a handgun. I'd rather have a 870 with a variety of barrels over anything but a hypothetical box-magazine-fed design that actually works in any SHTF scenario. I just wish someone would improve on the concept of a Saiga 12 by making a semi-auto, box fed shotgun that works right, then I'd be set.
>>
>>33247638
Yes to all 3
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.