[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Campus Carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: assault clip.jpg (39KB, 640x602px) Image search: [Google]
assault clip.jpg
39KB, 640x602px
What do /k/ommandos think about campus carry?

Should university students be allowed to conceal firearms on campus, or is the high pressure college environment ill-suited for it?

How would you convince the opposition of your stance?

Georgia is cooking up a campus carry bill currently so I'm interested to see what happens here
>>
>>33241868

My uni has allowed conceal carry for like the last 10 plus yrs. No school shooting or any thing.
>>
>>33241868
I love the principal but I'm not sure if the liberals are mature enough to be in the same space.
>>
Colorado and Utah have had campus carry since 04. Idaho started a couple years after. There have been exactly zero incidents involving concealed carriers since.
>>
Universities usually have very open campuses, meaning pretty much anyone can walk on. Also, at a lot of universities I know, criminals tend to gravitate towards them because they know they're full of young kids with no guns.

On the Facebook page where pretty much the majority of my school's student body is subscribed, there's always stories about people being mugged or shootings in the area, and even home invasions yet no one realizes to arm themselves or defend themselves beyond putting some extra lights on the streets. Not to mention the possibility of campus shootings or terrorist incidents.

tl;dr You have just as much, if not more, of a reason to arm yourself at a university than anywhere else.
>>
>>33241886
I imagine if the bill passes, there will be protests across the state (GA fag)

Despite a majority backing it, and an increase in crime in down town Atlanta, the libs still presume that they speak for everybody
>>
If someone is psychotic enough to shoot people just because they happen to have a gun on them, they're probably alright with carrying illegally anyway.

In a perfect world I would have concealed carry legalized absolutely everywhere with open carry permitted at the property owners discretion.
>>
a lot of college kids are still really stupid.

i'd definitely carry on my campus though. prohibiting guns doesn't keep a crazy fucker from bringing one anyways.
>>
>>33241868
Good shit, wish my school wasn't so Libtarded and (((allowed))) me to exercise my right to bear arms. Anyone who wanta to do something illegal like steal, rape, or murder will just carry illegally anyways. No gun zones are just nutjob shooting ranges.

>>33241988
Same but I'd have open carry everywhere too with the caveat that holding a long gun by the trigger's grip is brandishing, because fuck the "protestor" in Starcucks with his AR low ready.
>>
>>33241868
>high pressure college environment
kek
>>
Moms Demand Action is framing it as giving guns to college kids.

Nobody is giving anything to anyone; kids who already have guns should be allowed to carry them, kids who don't want to carry don't have to do so.

The opposition to Campus Carry is entirely emotion based. There is no security, there are no metal detectors or xray machines to stop people from carrying. And until there are, I think the rest of us deserve a chance.
>>
>>33241868
>What do /k/ommandos think about campus carry?
UTA fag here.
As soon as campus carry became legal, crime rates around the school plummeted.

Only bad thing that happened is that the teachers protested the admins to push all student to the South parking lot because "W-we don't want angry students with guns to follow us back to our cars" (implying it wouldn't have happened anyway regardless of the law). South lot is where nigs would rob people at knife-point then get away on a bicycle. Strangely enough, nigs are too scared to rob you when they know you are armed. So now I have to walk farther to class, but it's worth it imo.
>>
Carried every day I went to class at IU. Didn't give one fuck about it, Virginia Tech had happened not too long ago and I didn't need some neet autist taking me along in the group exit.
>>
>>33243103
Is there a source for that? I'd love to be able to share it with friends/family
>>
You still have to be 21 which rules out half of college students at least, and the people who go through the trouble of getting a CCP and actually carrying are usually "gun people" anyways.

The people who actually carry every day are dedicated. Usually people who wouldn't be prone to doing stupid shit just because they have a gun on them.
>>
>>33242161
>Moms Demand Action is framing it as giving guns to college kids.
I will never understand this mindset. It's like they frame everything in their life as a gift from the government.
>I don't want to give you a thing!
You're not I'm doing it myself.
>REEEEE you shouldn't be allowed to get things for yourself!
And the flipside,
>Give us a thing!
No, get it yourself.
>REEEE you shitlord, you're stopping us from getting that thing!
>>
>>33243700
It's the mindset the progressive left has. Everything inside the state and nothing outside of it. All actions are either mandatory or forbidden.
>>
>>33243103
UTD here, lemme see those numbers
>>
File: 1418975826007.jpg (157KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1418975826007.jpg
157KB, 1024x768px
Here it's legal, as long as you have a permit to carry. However, if you're a student/faculty, the school can impose their own punishment. Fucking stupid
>>
>>33241958
When I was going to university women wouldn't want to walk alone at night on campus. There were quite a few incidents of people walking onto school grounds and groping women at night.

Robberies and muggings would happen every few weeks on school grounds as well. It would have been nice if concealed carry was allowed. It might have cut back on the crime.
>>
>>33241868
>high pressure college environment

lol it's the lowest pressure environment you will find in your adult professional life
>>
>>33241868
>What do /k/ommandos think about campus carry?

Seriously? That's like asking what dogs think of beggin' strips.
>>
>>33243985
Their words, that's what mom's demand action wrote

They think that their special snowflake spawn are so delicate that college is too much of a burden to allow them the slightest semblance of responsibility or personal accountability.
>>
>>33241868
The state says it's fine but the school system says no. I don't want to risk expulsion because my piece printed or someone glanced over and saw it in my backpack.
>>
>>33244123
>That's like asking what dogs think of beggin' strips.
And...?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.