[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/all me a fag all you want. Just shot my first squirrel. Not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 1488228813394.jpg (36KB, 600x552px) Image search: [Google]
1488228813394.jpg
36KB, 600x552px
/k/all me a fag all you want.

Just shot my first squirrel. Not my first kill which was a rabbit and before that a turkey. The rabbit and squirrel didn't feel right. I was excited for the turkey.

Down to it can we discuss ethics and feels?

I was full for the day and about to go to sleep yet i shot it. Was i right? should you take game even if you have everything? What about its twitching after death is that involuntary and the animal already dead?
>>
File: 1488210980490.png (13KB, 555x407px) Image search: [Google]
1488210980490.png
13KB, 555x407px
Also given my hesitance aforementioned should i bury it or eat it?
>>
>>33241210
It's dead. Reckon you might as well eat it. Just don't eat armadillos
>>
>>33241210
You'd be dishonoring the animal if you wasted the meat.
>>
Eat it, or properly skin, gut and preserve. I was raised old school to never kill unless I were going to eat it.
>>
>>33241199
OMG U FUCKIN MURDERER

I BET U VOTED TRUMP

YOU SICK BASTARD SHAME ON YOU

MURDER IS WRONG KILLING IS WRONG

I WISH I HAD A GUN SO I COULD SHOOT AND KILL YOU SICKO
>>
>>33241199
I tend not to shoot squirrels because I don't particularly enjoy the amount of work it takes to clean them, just for a little bit of greasy rodent meat.

Personally I don't see a problem with it as long as you eat them. The exception would be for invasive or destructive species (fucking feral pigs). Cull those all day long.
>>
>>33241210
Don't waste shit. Then it makes your moral quandary totally your own fault.

If you want to be really useful, tan the rabbit hide for something.
>>
>>33241258
Fuck hogs. Unlike most furry woodland critters, hogs will eat anything and everything in sight, and chase whatever is left away.

I don't even feel bad about killing them and letting them rot where they drop.
>>
>>33241199
you feel bad because Disney has cartoon characters that are rabbits and squirrels but not turkeys
>>
>>33241199
You feel bad because you killed it for no reason, you'd feel better if you had a reason to do it like you wanted some tasty squirrel meat. You're not a pussy, normal folk generally don't enjoy needless killing something, just make sure the next time you kill something you have a legit reason to do so.

The twitches could be both though.
>>
>>33241199
>Twitching
Animals generally don't die cleanly. Sometimes they twitch when they die, sometimes they twitch after they're dead. Sometimes they run and they're dead but their body doesn't know that yet.
>>
>>33241199
did you at least clean it and save for later. hunt for fun, but you have to use what you kill. I was raised to the point that almost all the meat on the deer/squirrel/rabbit/duck were used.

you don't feel bad if you know you're going to eat it. they multiply pretty fast anyway.
>>
File: 1444935649705.gif (1MB, 200x188px) Image search: [Google]
1444935649705.gif
1MB, 200x188px
I see all the replies to eat it and sorry to say i buried it before I read the thread again.

I'll build a squirrel shrine Japanese style(whatever they call those things) as to bring peace and good fortune.
>>
>>33241708
If you want to go wanton waste stuff, go kill pests like coyotes or raccoons or starlings. Leave the squirrel bros alone.
>>
>>33241708
>>33241817
Yea man, only kill a squirrel if you're going to eat it. I hunt squirrel all the time but I still feel bad when I run one over.
>>
>>33241199
I shot a rabbit once with my nugget. Got excited because i hit it as it was running full speed after it popped out of a bush. As i got closer i saw what i though i saw the trail of guts and was able to make out little ears and faces as I walked closer, then I realized I murdered a pregnant bunny along with 4 babies that looked like they were about ready to come out. I started crying as i packed my shit up to go home and I have never shot another animal since then
>>
Killed 87 squirrels last year over the course of three months while protecting my pecan trees.

Ate none of them. Threw the bodies in the woods, scavengers made off with them the following night.

No regrets.
>>
>>33242065
Should've at least salted the tails and made a ghillie suit out of them.
>>
>>33241708
>Burying it
>Not leaving it in some bushes so other animals can eat it and it can eventually return to the ecosystem as fertilizer
Death brings life anon
>>
>>33241817

I'm friends with a Korean guy who buys dead coyotes off of me. I don't ask.

Squirrels CAN be invasive. If you guys ever own old houses, you'll realize that they can act like a gang of niggers in your attic, chewing the wires up.

Generally I leave them along though, except during hunting season. I do eat 'em and do skin 'em. I made a sling for my 10/22 using leather wrapped in squirrel fur
>>
>>33242072
Thought about it, but that would be work. I shot them every morning first thing when I woke up, right before I got ready for work; stuck my head outside my front door with my shotgun in hand, and shot at the 2-4 squirrels which would inevitably be climbing around my three pecan trees out front.

After I'd gotten the first one by surprise it was a lot like shooting trap, except the clay likes to run along the opposite side of the branch that you're facing, so the window to hit them is really small.

The most satisfying kills were when I got them mid-air as they jumped from one branch to another trying to escape to the safety of the woods.

The first day I finally decided that it was time I killed as many tree-rats as I could, I got eight in the span of a few seconds before the rest managed to get away.
>>
You know, on another board we have these paid shills who try to do this thing called "suggested depression," where they try to ruin their enemies' morale with long emotional stories. But that couldn't happen here.
>>
>>33242249
I'm >>33242065 and I can 100% guarantee that I'm not a paid shill.

I'd love to be one though. How much do they make per post?
>>
I only kill birbs because I don't give a shit about them and they're tasty as hell. I haven't hunted a lot of furry things, but the few times I did I kinda felt bad about it.

I'm fully aware of my delusions already, thanks.
>>
>>33242051
big baby, it's a rodent
>>
>>33242271
Usually they're CTR shills, and about $.02 per post.
>>
Feel happy OP you have the capacity to kill another living being, progress to a larger mammal, and then to terrorist-communist humans.
>>
>>33242396
It was 5 rodents actually. And i feel rly bad about it even now even tho it was like, 8 years ago
>>
>>33241199
???

It's a fucking squirrel, who cares? Good chance it was an invasive species anyway.
>>
File: idgaf9.gif (481KB, 499x315px) Image search: [Google]
idgaf9.gif
481KB, 499x315px
I remember when I killed my first animal. (rabbit)
I expected to feel something, since that's what people say happens.
So it was a bit surprising when I didn't feel anything at all. It was as meaningful as if I'd just shot the dirt.

Not trying to be edgy, I just honestly don't care about killing animals.
>>
>>33241226
Don't want to get leprosy like that one anon did. Also don't touch prairie dogs unless you want to get the plague.

>>33242827
Communists aren't people and are lower than insects on the list of things I give a fuck about killing.
>>
>>33242954
Did leperanon died?
>>
First kill stories thread?

First kill was a sparrow with some shitty airsoft shotgun when I was about 11. Felt kind of bad

Next was at 16 me and best bro were riding through woods on offroad golf cart. I was in the back with his 870 and we chased a rabbit down and filled its ass with #3 BK

Then at 17 with same friend an unsuspecting Opposum wandered into the back yard so we killed it with a shovel and a machette. Turns out Opposum are tough as fuck

At 20 I killed 2 owls with an AR-15, partly accidental because I thought I was just shooting into a hole but it turned out to be their den. They fell about 40 ft and flopped on the ground so I brained them both to put them out of their misery.

Then this Winter I was staying at an empty fairgrounds for a month for work. Me and my boss bought a break action air rifle and killed about 40-50 pigeons in 3 weeks while getting drunk.
>>
>>33242928
for me I felt bad because my first kill was for no reason. I just saw it and killed it. if I was hunting I wouldn't have minded, but it was a waste.
>>
>>33243039
I don't think so. Last I heard he was on heavy antibiotics.
>>
>>33242900
Go for deer then. Much easier to tell if pregnant or male
>>
>>33243121
Ah. I haven't seen him post in a while. I was assuming he either was kill or his hand fell off so he couldn't post anymore.
>>
>>33243112
I shot a lizard with an airsoft gun when I was like 16 and that's it. I felt kinda bad afterwards.
>>
>>33243198
I'd assume his hand would have fallen off. Or he got sick of /k/. Leprosy is pretty treatable in this day and age.
>>
>>33241199
>squirrel didn't feel right.

Turn in your firearms and replace them with dildos.

Faggot.
>>
>>33241199
I killed 4 animals

First was a snake I killed because it was scaring my sister who was 9 at the time. Didn't lose any sleep over it.

The other 3 were infants.
This was just last fall and I feel real bad about it. I was splitting and burning excess wood we had after one of our tree's fell down. Right away when I was getting the fire started I was trying to use dry grass as kindling and before I lit it I noticed movement. All in all there were 3 little (I don't know because they were just infants, but I'll say they were chipmunks) chipmunk infants. I set them aside in some shake on a piece of bark and felt bad their home was destroyed. As I kept burning the wood I kept thinking what I should do, knowing the mother wouldn't come back and rebuild a new nest for them. If she would come back at all. So all day I just tried to make sure nothing bad happened like a snake coming up on them. At the end of the day when the sun was starting to go down they were still squirming around and I knew I should finish up for the day. I didn't want to leave them out where they could be eaten and die slowly and painfully to a predator, and I knew I couldn't take care of them, nor would animal control give a shit. So I set them on my chopping block, told them I was sorry, and beheaded them as quick and painless as I could. I put them into the fire with some more wood and watched as they were cremated. I fell asleep easy as I was very tired, but the next night I felt really bad at how their short and comfortable lives were ended after a day of their home being destroyed and forced into the cold clinging to life with their dying brothers or sister, only to have it ended by my hatchet.

I don't know if I did the right thing or I should have let them die peacefully with a chance the mother would find them.
>>
>>33245560
Think you did the right thing, m8. Took responsibility for them instead of just leaving them to fate.
>>
It's normal to feel bad for killing something without the need to. Use this experience to become a more ethical person.
>>
>>33243193
I'd rather not, I would cry then too, even though I know it would be eaten and not wasted
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.