[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Walther P99 thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: p99.jpg (120KB, 1024x1002px) Image search: [Google]
p99.jpg
120KB, 1024x1002px
what are /k/'s thoughts on the walther p99? considering getting one for recreational use.
>>
A truly patrician alternative to the PPQ (assuming you get the AS trigger variant).
Single action trigger is shorter and lighter overall than PPQ with shorter reset.
>>
>>33235510
Is the P99 Compact built differently then?
I held one at a store today and while the SA trigger was light with a good reset, it felt like it had a mile of takeup/travel.
I don't mean a mile of travel as in the AS bit either.
>>
File: walther collection.jpg (1MB, 1800x1483px) Image search: [Google]
walther collection.jpg
1MB, 1800x1483px
>>33235453
like many walthers, underatted as hell. I got to hold one in my lgs a few months ago, comfy as fuck in my hand, say what you want about the vp9 but this and that both feel great, they have that same grip angle.
Its also one of the few plastic pistols that doesnt look like it was drawn by a 7 year old and not a glock block. Its the perfect mix of aesthetics, functionality and special snow flake without delving into custom/fedora territory. If I had the cash on me then I would have bought it
>>
>>33235510
PPQ's aren't as aesthetically pleasing though
>>
>>33235853
>though
He's saying that the P99 is the patrician choice.
>>
>>33235453
where can i find a gen1 they looked so much better
>>
>>33235890
Shit, sorry, read "alternative to" as "alternative is"
>>
>>33235453
Amazing firearm. For recreational use, go wild my man. Walther has the best ergonomics in the industry.
>>
File: pistolas_dos.jpg (152KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
pistolas_dos.jpg
152KB, 960x719px
I don't have a single negative thing to say about mine. Gen I for aesthetics, Gen III for functionality.
>>
File: two glocks.jpg (2MB, 2600x1733px) Image search: [Google]
two glocks.jpg
2MB, 2600x1733px
>>33235453
9.5/10 single action trigger, 9/10 ergos for correct-handed humans, relatively inexpensive Mec-gar clips, very accurate, very well made, adjustable sights standard, ground breaking features like cocked striker indicator, loaded chamber indicator, swappable backstraps, ambi mag release are still being copied today, and it's the first-and-only DA/SA striker pistol.

>>33235606
P99C is mechanically identical to a P99. You're describing take up like it's a bad aspect to a trigger break. Take up happens before the trigger break in any DA/SA gun, but in addition to the double action pull, the P99 SA has two modes of single stage trigger; Safe Action (long) and staged (short). If you don't want take-up, then another striker pistol is probably better suited to you. I like take up as a safety feature alongside a DA/SA trigger.

>>33235902
Any place that sells used guns. Waltherforums is a good place to keep an eye on, somebody sold a new gen 3 P99 Compact there for $400 recently.
>>
File: Hate Crime.jpg (981KB, 1800x1620px) Image search: [Google]
Hate Crime.jpg
981KB, 1800x1620px
>>33235453
>logo looks like it's for a supermarket

Walther you need to address this, that logo is subconsciously undermining your legitimacy, if your logo and name looked/sounded like HK you would be HK

>>33235773
>burt flat circle posting
>>
>>33236816
I need to feel one of those.

>>33236870
You make me not feel bad about collecting polymer wonder pistols.
>>
File: 1450480238183.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1450480238183.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>33236920
>You make me not feel bad about collecting polymer wonder pistols.

And all for the better.

It's nice to appreciate history but the past is the past and technology has no agenda except efficiency and performance.
>>
>>33236958
I ended buying a Sig320 (2 actually) a Glock 19, and a VP9 just because I wanted to try all of them. Didn't like the FNS, so didn't buy one, but did buy a FNX9. Got a CZ 75 clone, love that. And it's little more fancy counterpart, the Sphinx SDP compact. And had to add a 226 since they've been around forever. Same for the Hi-power. You see where I'm going?
>>
>>33236958
The weight saving of polymer aren't that big of a deal to me. There really haven't been many major improvements to handguns that make a 80 year old design like the hi power obsolete or even objectively superior
>>
>>33236995
I see exactly where you are going and I applaud your methodology.

But we are now eternal internet adversaries because of your waffle dislike

just teasing broski, buy and use what fits, period, we are individuals not clones and you are doing handguns right.

>>33237018

>There really haven't been many major improvements to handguns that make a 80 year old design like the hi power obsolete or even objectively superior

spoken like someone who doesn't take gunfighting or training seriously

Not trying to disparage you, just pointing out that your metric for efficiency and performance might not be the standard of the high end of the spectrum.
>>
>>33236816
I didn't mean to make it sound like I was complaining about the trigger. I was just under the impression that the PPQ's trigger and the P99's single action trigger were nearly identical in all aspects, and my only point of reference was a PPQ.
I liked how the trigger worked overall because I like a longer, heavier double action as a safety instead of a manual safety or trigger safety.
>>
>>33235453
Absolutely adore my P99AS 9mm. Ergonomic, glorious stock trigger, super fun to shoot.
>>
>>33236816
>minnesotan, unwittingly lived 30min from MR for 9mo, found out towards the end when a buddy pointed out the road to the place when we were driving back from the gravel pit
>love my P99, EDC my P99
How did I not know about the MR9!?
>>
File: more walthers.jpg (1MB, 3200x1411px) Image search: [Google]
more walthers.jpg
1MB, 3200x1411px
>>33237146
>didn't mean to make it sound like I was complaining about the trigger
BETTER NOT MY DUDE

The PPQ and P99 (single action) triggers are extremely similar in break, weight, and reset length because of the shared guts, but the P99 take up is (necessarily) yuuge in comparison to the PPQ. If I were a strikerfag I'd prefer the PPQ for the consistent trigger, but I'm a DA/SAfag forever so I gotta rate the P99 higher.

>>33237249
They were sneaky man, I found one on accident while browsing thankstobudsgunshop. I've seen MR9 clips for $18 too! Eighteen dollars for Mec-gar clips that fit P99s, PPQs, MR9s, P88 Compacts and SW99s! Sadly those dried up.

Fun fact about the MR9 (and also SW99): with the exception of the naked slide and barrel, every component is made by Walther in Germany, including the frame. The MR9 is (was) 90% of a P99 for 70% of the price.

Canik clones are not made or authorized by Walther tho. They're very crusty.
>>
Test
>>
File: 1488532927311.jpg (32KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1488532927311.jpg
32KB, 460x460px
>>33237308
You need to change your name to WaltherAutist or something more acute

A decent tripfag should bask in his utilitarian qualities because everything else is cancerous
>>
The P99 is one of the best carry guns around hands down. The only drawback it has are the expensive magazines - you also can use the PPQ M1's but they aren't any cheaper.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1024x768px
>walther
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.