[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the p90 suck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: P90 Sniper.jpg (150KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
P90 Sniper.jpg
150KB, 1024x681px
I'm not much of a gunmans. I don't own any guns at the moment, and I've only ever been in a shooting twice and not any time in the last ten years. Guns are not a thing I love or hate or really give much thought to, and I'm only passingly familiar with the extremely classic gun memes. Outside of a few MGS codec calls (back when those were fucking awesome) I don't really know much about guns and I probably couldn't tell the difference between a glock that explodes in your hand and one that doesn't. (classic? meme.)

That said, I've always had kind of a crush on the p90, I suppose purely for aesthetic reasons (those are some curves I want to fuck). I've come into some cash recently, and I've been thinking about buying a p90. Maybe as an entry into the hobby. I remember hearing great things about them specifically as a platform and bullpup designs in general (and that was a part of the love affair). But I don't really hear anything about them recently. Maybe I'm not in the right places anymore, whatever. So I decided to challenge my preconceptions that the p90 is a great gun. I typed "P90 sucks" into youtube, and mostly got videogame results, one workout video, and a vid shitting one bullpups in general that I can't get through without laughing because five minutes in I'm hearing a hypothetical situation that, based on general 4chan knowledge, I imagine to be a regular story on /k/ about clearing rooms during home defense because you don't want your grandma sold into sex slavery.

tl;dr
Rate the p90 as a gun. Tell me the pros and cons of the platform. Sell me on why I should or should not get one. And no, I don't believe that the p90 should be used for sniping. I had to look for a topic image and figured this was among the most ironic outside of anime.
>>
>>33230927
The long-barreled semi-auto-only PS90 available to civilians is useless and expensive.

The short-barreled full-auto-capable P90 available to military and law enforcement has some applications where it does very well.
>>
8/10
fool proof simple, high capacity, easy to use, no recoil, ambidextrous
If I had a cute petite gf I'd SBR it and it would be her gun.
>>
>>33230927
I can't think of a practical use for it aside from being a pocket LMG.
>>
>>33230927
I rented one at the local range for shots and giggles one time. The one they had was an SBR with the standard P90 barrel and the secret service dot sight. It had no recoil and was pretty accurate and looked cool.

That's about it. The trigger is mediocre, the ammunition costs 50 cents per round, and unless you get it registered as an SBR your stuck with the PS90 16" barrel which kinda defeats the purpose of a PDW. At that size you're better off with a 5.56x45 bullpup because you get better velocity and penetration than with a 5.7x28.

It's your money, but I'd take the 1,400 you'd spend on a PS90 and get an AUG or a Tavor SAR if future looking guns are your thing
>>
>>33230927
It is good for what it was built for: to be an extremely small, ergonomic, high capacity SMG for urban combat.

The problems with it come up when you limit what it was good at.

The civilian ones are:
>longer than the design intends
>lower rate of fire than the design intends
>higher cost than competitive designs

The P90 is not a good gun when you take away full auto capabilities and stick a barrel extention to it.

If you can get a real one go for it.
>>
>>33230997
ammunition is 30 cpr
>>
>>33230927
A PS90 is a fine rifle. If ya like that kind of ergo. A tad pricey for what it is though. And a terrible starter rifle, mainly due to complicated maintenance. If i were you id stick to an AR or AK.
>>
>>33231035
>complicated maintenance
could you elaborate on this? The PS90 is dead simple
>>
>>33230997
why did the Magpul PDR never kick off?
>>
>>33231035
Nah, my brother has an AK. It's not my cup, but I commend him for seeking out wood frame parts because he hates the plastic.

>>33230997
That was the other thing the youtube dude was shitting on. He had one of the longer "civilian compliance" models and was saying that all bullpups suck because they are only an insignificant 6 inches shorter than other guns.
>>
File: IMG_20170302_154909[1].jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170302_154909[1].jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>33230927

As a full auto firearm it's light, it's extremely controllable and despite how goddamn small it is, it's very comfortable. I was honestly afraid my hands were going to skip off the front and end up on the wrong side of the barrel, but it held steady. It has a weird kind of two stage trigger when it's in auto. If you squeeze a regular amount, it fires one round. Unless you pull it all the way back it won't go full retard. But when it does it doesn't kick you around. Reloading takes a lot of getting used to, but isn't finicky. If we could get rid of the illegal hughes amendment and the NFA goes away I'd say jump on it.
>>
File: Kraut_Space_Magic.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Kraut_Space_Magic.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>33231053
I was just saying in comparison to an AR or AK its complicated. I wasn't implying that its pic related or anything. Thats some damn magic.
>>
Faggots who do not own a PS90 or have no extensive experience with a PS90 should probably stop talking.
>>
>Take a gun that was meant to be concealable as shit and let rip a stream of 5.7
>Give it a 16" barrel and make it semi only
I mean it's a fun range novelty but the P90S is pretty much a huge middle finger to the entire concept of a PDW...which itself has pretty much passed on.
>>
>>33231213
even compared to those to it really isn't
>>
>>33231092
It was designed as vaporware from the start.
>>
File: aug-a3-nato.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (346KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
aug-a3-nato.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
346KB, 900x600px
>>33230997
Basically this, unless you have the SBR length package, you might as well be going for a rifle bullpup proper.
>>
>>33230997
Not him, I've heard an argument that triggers on PDWs and assault rifles aren't prioritized for comfy, rather consistency. The argument being that they are offensive weapons, thus you don't need the quickest draw in the West, and you want a long pull on a weapon that could cut someone in half in a few seconds. Is that bs?
>>
>>33231565
>PDW
>Offensive weapon
>>
>>33231588
Fair enough, have more offensive potential than any pistol. PDWs don't really get made anymore anyways, the hot meme is SBRs.
>>
File: 1487543160592.jpg (80KB, 960x406px) Image search: [Google]
1487543160592.jpg
80KB, 960x406px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ACX6ZcqTU

came here just to post this
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.