[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The average human reaction time is 250 milliseconds (quarter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: CQB01.jpg (26KB, 519x423px) Image search: [Google]
CQB01.jpg
26KB, 519x423px
The average human reaction time is 250 milliseconds (quarter of a second)

how hard would improving reaction speed be? say, if the goal is to reach 150ms

what's the best way to improve it?

what would be the average reaction time for SWAT members?
>>
>>33228634

Practice, practice, and more practice

But I'd rather be a little slower and hit the mark everytime instead of some wannabe cowboy
>>
Human Benchmark has good test you can take.
>>
Muscle memory. Practicing a movement at autistic levels.

Not really something you can improve as if its a muscle or something. Your eye receives data, that gets sent to portions of your brain via electric signals to be interpretted as an image, and then signals from that portion of the brain are then sent to another portion to analyse what the image is, what it means, how to react etc etc. once thats done computing your brain fires a signal to whatever muscle groups are needed (ie trigger finger) and you react. All thats takes place in that 1/4 second window at best.

All you could feasibly do is cut out the phase where the image needs to be analysed - with training youd skip it and go straight from receiving the image to reacting.

I dont think 150ms is possible. You are biologically limited on how fast you can react.
>>
>>33228634
play more counter strike
>>
>>33228634
Human benchmark
>>
>>33228747
OP here

what the fuck? best i've got is 260 ms average ande i'm only 23
>>
>>33228759
-internet
- mouse
=250
>>
3 options anon
>Adderall
>Cocaine
>Meth
>>
>>33228854
don't forget crack. crack makes you invincible.
>>
>>33228634
First person shooter, not even memeing
>>
>>33228782
There's no internet latency, the program runs from your RAM.
>>
>>33228708
>You are biologically limited on how fast you can react.
No. as long as you have a reaction speed, it can be trained
>>
>>33228634
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMSlCyc-SQQ

do it lots and lots, record and watch is slowmo, do it lots more.
>>
>>33228671

>Not training to be the next Miculek

You know you can have speed AND accuracy? Just takes a lot of time and a lot of money. Like Jerry, it's estimated he has shot over 2 million rounds and counting. Explains why he shoots the way he does.
>>
>>33228708
>I dont think 150ms is possible
my reaction time is 154 on human benchmark, and it used to be about 210. why would you spread info about shit you know nothing about
>>
>>33229435
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQHGBr_Dy7k
>>
>>33229482
What did you do to achieve 154?
>>
>>33229522
training_aim_csgo2, ffa deathmatch
>>
>>33228634
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ2HmQK1kdQ
>>
methamphetamines
>>
>>33228634
(NOT A TROLL)

as goofy as this might sound at first; video games.

playing cs(and other fps games) at a decently high competitive amateur level increased my reaction time drastically.

I started to noticed that when i played at a higher level and took the game more seriously it had a direct correlation to things in real life.

inb4 "video gaems dont make u an operator"
im simply saying i believe due to firsthand experience that higher level competitive fps can transfer your reactions into some real world applications
>>
>>33229482
>>33229561
im the op of >>33229937

i didnt read ur posts b4 i posted.. but you have the right idea.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.