[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bow thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Regardless of practically, how would you set up a compound for "combat" inside 60 yards?

How many FPS would you shoot for? Prefer heavy or light arrows? A higher poundage for more speed or lower for faster ROF? Drop away rest or wisker biscuit?

It's interesting to muse over these sorts of things. In games and movies bows are almost overpowered but in practice is a different story.

If a durr jumps the string at 25 yards, whats to say an alert man at 50 doesn't?
>>
>>33228169
>how would you set up a compound for "combat"
I'd pull the string with my feet and rest the pulled arrow beneath my chin.
All the modern advancements in bow tech don't change the fact that they're a god damned bow, and shit.
>>
If nothing else, a bow would be demoralising. Guys aren't going to like hearing one of their buddies cry for his mom as he bleeds out and there shit they can do for him.

But bows aren't silent, especially fast modern compounds. Crossbows, in my experience, approach 22 rifles in loudness (not quite but still definitely noticeable).

A bow shooting like 320fps is going to have a flight time to a target 50 yards away of still under a second, but 50 yards is a pretty far shot for a target who is alive, moving, and could easily kill you as well. At more "whitetail" ranges of 25-35 yards, that's a pretty short distance for a weapon that relys on bleeding to kill. You might alert them to your presence and be killed, for them to bleed out a minute after they were shot.

If it had to be used as such, a bow could be a weapon in guerilla warfare I suppose, for a distraction (shoot a guard and his screams draw attention) or to set shit on fire from further away. But you bring a gun to a gunfight, not a bow.
>>
>>33228332
>that's a pretty short distance for a weapon that relys on bleeding to kill

I hope you brought a flamethrower or satchel charge then, because a gun's no less reliant on bleeding.
>>
>>33228227
Thorgal pls go
>>
>>33228433
When you've realistically got one shot from a bow at that distance, vs a pistol that can unload six rounds infinitely quicker it kinda make a difference.

A CNS shot is still going to drop them, but still.

I will give them that most broadheads, even two sided, cut a 2" cavity, which is quadruple what common handgun rounds do
>>
File: Lara Croft Trapped.jpg (114KB, 497x850px) Image search: [Google]
Lara Croft Trapped.jpg
114KB, 497x850px
>>
File: CNStarget.jpg (55KB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
CNStarget.jpg
55KB, 480x319px
>>33228433
.22(3) babies please go. Real fuckin' NATO stopping power has arrived.
>>
>>33228332
Maybe if you're some sneaky commando fucker, I guess, but realistically you'd be better off with a subsonic .22 rifle and a flaregun imo.
>>
So i currently reside in the bongistan and was wondering ,i have a 40 pd Draw on it with 30 inch arrows, would this be an effective fuck you to someone who kicked my door in if i was stood in the hallway?
>>
>>33233593
It would certainly make him reconsider his life choices once there's an arrow in him. Probably bleed out if he doesn't get to a hospital.
You would also get heavily fined at the least and probably go to the Tower of London.
>>
>>33233663
A shot from a broad head will probably bleed you faster than you can be saved, fwiw.
>>
>>33233593

If they have an anti-titan or plate vest it won't penetrate that, obviously, but on people that might have armor the legs will technically kill them as fast as a lung / heart shot, but they won't be startled or coughing up blood like a core shot and they won't be out for 15-30 seconds.

Good news is with 60 pound bow you can expect to knock someone out if no penetration occurs on a headshot.
>>
>>33234830

>anti-titan

Fuck I've been on /vg/ for so long my autocorrect switched anti-stab to that.
>>
Probably something like this.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.