[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Full-auto ... magazines?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

File: 148614396787.jpg (118KB, 1280x898px) Image search: [Google]
148614396787.jpg
118KB, 1280x898px
Some politician in Norway has claimed that switching magazines makes a gun full-auto a few years ago. In all my time of talking to gun people and shooting guns myself, I've never heard of such a thing.
Has there ever been magazines that convert a gun to full-auto in widespread circulation, or is there like one french/italian prototype from the '30s ala Forgotten Weapons that was only produced in like 3 prototypes?

I'm putting my money on it being a statement from someone who unfamiliar with the subject, but with all the weird shit that's been done, you can never know.
>>
>>33226716
No there is no such thing
>>
>>33226716

It's not true at all, magazines just hold bullets, nothing to do with fire selection goy.
>>
>>33226716
fuckers in eu comission said the same thing. And no its not true, the magazine has no other functionality than hold, and feed rounds. if a weird prototype gun has a weird mag that somehow alters the functions of the gun, its not a magazine anymore.
>>
>>33226716
Your politicians must be from California hoe. Of the spoopy ghost gun and 30 magazine clip that can shot 30 round in lest that a second
>>
>>33226716

I'm in Norway. Never heard of something like that being said. A link would be nice.
>>
File: Gjørv.png (32KB, 387x61px) Image search: [Google]
Gjørv.png
32KB, 387x61px
>>33226767
Page 401, lower left paragraph; https://www.regjeringen.no/contentassets/bb3dc76229c64735b4f6eb4dbfcdbfe8/no/pdfs/nou201220120014000dddpdfs.pdf
>>
>>33226823
>>33226767
you should also read the report from Våpenlovutvalget. some "nice" stuff there too
>>
>>33226716
Magazine is literally a box with a spring. It changes nothing about the way your gun functions mechanically.

As an example you can pick - some broomhandle mausers which are full auto and stripper-clip fed as well as any belt-fed machinegun which doesn't exactly have a magazine.
>>
>>33226832
The new one which has been in the works since before the Breivikening? I'm partways through it. Still at the part where they talk about fucking håvamål. I need to pick it up again soon.
>>
>>33226832
There was also plenty of other small nitpicky errors like "Laplula" ammo and "Storm" not Stürm when talking about the Mini-14.
>>
>>33226716
i mean technical a magazine that holds more than 1 round can make a gun automatic
>>
>>33226886
The statement is literally "Many semi-automatic weapons can be made into full-automatic weapons. This can happen through purchase of extra equipment like new magazines" They claim a gun semi-auto gun can be become full-auto, by switching magazines.
>>
>>33226716
I don't know about Norway, but in France a lot of people use "automatic" to mean "semi automatic". For instance in our military designations for handguns. Any semi auto handgun is designated "automatique", while a full auto rifle will also be called "automatique".
>>
>>33226894
Thanks for providing the quote. With this wording it sounds like it's just another politician who went full retard.
>>
>>33226894
Fuck me. If the new EU weapons ban get through, all you can own are bolt actions without magazines. In .22 (no magnum)
>>
>>33226917
not excactly.
but its pretty shit, oppose it with whatever means you have. vote is 14th of march
>>
>>33226716
Ask them how a box with a spring make a gun go auto pew pew.
>>
>>33226917
If the EU bans anything, then you need it to be voted into local laws in each country. I don't see it happening in France. Semi autos and all handguns are already super restricted (plus a handful of calibers), but anything else very easy to get as long as you're not some kind of convicted felon (no waiting periods, the tradeoff being that every gun that gets sold is registered and you need to provide valid ID at the gun shop).

You just need to stay current on the laws (used to be all "military calibers" were illegal for hunting, then they came up with a specific list, so 7.62x54R is allowed, so is .308, but not 7.62x39 for instance, .44 mag is legal but not .357...).

Hunting remains popular and we have like 35% of the households who (officially) own at least a gun. Politicians will try to fuck with gun ownership but try telling a significant portion of your potential voters that they have to hunt pigs with single shot .22lr and you'll lose a lot of local elections (especially in rural areas).

And when I say some things are "banned" it just means they require a special license (which takes time and paperwork to get) but then you can own basically anything (any caliber, any gun) barring full autos, and things like "high capacity" mags (which is defined as over 30 rds). But then you can't use these for hunting.
>>
>>33226920
Aren't they making the rifles that were previously illegal (ones that look like military full auto weapons but are actually civilian semi auto ones) legal through that directive? That would help me in Croatia since I can't even own a fucking saiga sporter because some fuckface thinks it's an evil scary babby sniping gateroony because of the way it looks
>>
>>33226977
the excact implications of the current directive are as follows:

>registry of mags
>no loading devices above 10 for long guns 20 for short, without special permission
>you will loose your licence if you have a mag, it is not specified that it has to be for the gun, so better hide that ww2 sten mag you found as a kid.
>5 year licenses on cat B guns
>military arms converted from FA to semi not allowed anymore, if you own one, you cant sell it.

thats what I remember atm
>>
>>33226983
each government have the liberty to have their own restrictions, the directive is the minimum baseline, they can keep all more restrictive laws.

so no, its higly unlikely that the directive will cause your government to loosen up their laws.

the directive has 0 (zero) advantages for you as a gunowner
>>
>>33226997
Well that's shit. Should I cache my guns and magazines if they try to take them and just report them stolen or something? I don't want to be nogunz :(
>>
>>33227003
the directive wont take your guns unless they bust you with illegal mags, so yes, cahce your mags, they have no way of knowing you have them
>>
>>33227006
better yet, get everyone you know to oppose the fucking shit undemocratic directive.

particularily mentioning that Hassan with his illegal AK can own as many 30 rounds AK mags he wants,
but you, that own a bolt action rifle or w/e, and have proven that you are a reliable law abiding citizen. will loose your property without a trial for owing an AK mag.
and the whole reason they are pushing this directive is to prevent Hassan from shooting someone.

that shit's so illogical that most people I talk to dont even believe me when I tell them its from an EU directive
>>
>>33227012
>>33227006
Yeah I've been following it for a while and it's very clearly a gun grab as opposed to being a safety and security directive.

It genuinely boggles my mind that these politicians "believe" this will stop alohas from snackbaring our shit. Oh yeah let's make the people that go through all the bullshit to get a gun legally give their guns away, that'll do it.
>>
>>33227021

I love how that because of guns from Eastern European countries causing problems in France, all of the other EU countries get fucked as well.

The best part about it, it affects Switzerland as well because of Schengen.

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-16-4465_en.htm
>>
>>33227003
Cache ammo. I don't know what the laws are like in EU, but if you have unregistered barrels, cache those too. As well as any other gun parts that are not registered, but those two are the hardest to build yourself.

You can always make garage guns, but if you claim your guns were stolen, that'd put you dead centre on the radar for dodgy people to watch.
>>
>>33226902
We usually do that in Norway as well, but usually it's understood that "automatic" means semi automatic unless it's in a military related setting or specified.
>>
>>33226716
Just another case of anti-gunners who don't know what they're talking about or are making stuff up to scare people.

A magazine making a gun full auto is like saying a different fuel tank will make your manual transmission car an automatic.

In California they have a button on their AR rifles that make it take LONGER to change the magazine. It is called a bullet button by some since you can push the head of a 5.56 bullet into the hole on the receiver to push the button. I believe there was one person on TV saying that the bullet button could me used to make the gun shoot fully automatic.
>>
>>33226991

...which makes it clear that you should really get your memory tested, since you apparently got practically every one of those wrong.

In reality:
1. No registration of mags, but firearm category (A or B) may change depending capacity of the mag that is inserted firearms (yes - the whole idea is really retarded).
2. Yes. If you insert mag of more than 10 rounds to long arm (rifle/shotgun) or mag more than 20 rounds to pistol that is semiautomatic and uses centerfire cartridges your firearm will be on category A. Otherwise with smaller capacity mag inserted the same firearm may be in category B.

3. Owning mags of all sizes remains legal - you can for example have truckload of 100 round drum mags and houseful of guns - but depending the category to which your firearms have been registered inserting high capacity mag to one of them may make you a criminal (category B license vs category A firearm due to high-capacity mag).

4. For new gun permits authorities will from that on check if you are a valid gun owner every 5 years unless there is a valid supervision system (what ever that means will depend the local legislation).

5. Military firearms converted from full/select-fire to semiauto-only will be category A as well (A6 or A7 - don't remember which, the other of those two categories will be firearms built as semiauto-only from the start but with large-capacity mag).

Suggested reading for more info: Firearms United in Facebook.

EU-parliament is about to vote on the directive 14th of March and latest news it that French representation of the EU-commission has been trying to strong-arm less-aware representatives of other countries to support commission's demands which remain much more tight that what EU-parliament has been supporting.
>>
>>33226823

Right. I actually went and looked it up.

First of all, Alexandra Bech Gjorv is just the head of the commission which write the report, and that is why it bears her name. She probably didn't write much of it.
Here is the relevant quote from the report.
"Mange halvautomatiske våpen kan omgjores til helautomatiske våpen. Dette kan skje ved kjop av ekstrautstyr som nye magasiner. Våpenlovutvalget slo nylig fast at samtlige halvautomatiske rifler i utgangspunktet vil kunne omgjores til å avgi helautomatisk ild.185 Enkelte halvautomatiske rifler deler for ovrig karaktertrekk med militære eller politimessige skytevåpen, slik som utformingen av selve riflen, men også dens mulighet for å kunne påmonteres ekstra magasiner, lasersikter, lys, bajonett med mer. Riflen kan på den måten omgjores til å få et mer militært eller politimessig preg.

Det kreves i dag ikke tillatelse til å anskaffe seg ekstrautstyr til skytevåpen. Dette kan i dag fritt anskaffes eller importeres over Internett av privatpersoner. Slikt ekstrautstyr kan være både ekstra store magasiner, siktemekanismer og utstyr som dramatisk endrer et våpenets funksjon eller utseende. Det finnes en rekke filmer på Internett som illustrerer hvordan rimelig ekstrautstyr kan omgjore halvautomatiske våpen godkjent i Norge til helautomatiske våpen. Med slikt utstyr kan for eksempel en pistol som blir solgt på en ordinær sportshandel i Norge, omgjores til å bli en helautomatisk maskinpistol. Slike anskaffelser registreres ikke, og modifikasjoner er heller ikke forbudt."

Basically the quote says that the police claims that all semi autos can be rebuilt to full auto if the right kit is purchased. What the claim does not underline is that these kits are bulky as shit, and they also do not mention what kind of magic magazines are used.

Although not in the quote but elsewhere in the report though, it is mentioned that most murders are NOT done with guns and that...
>>
>>33227021

Bullshit the post. EU is shitty organization responsible for massive increase of bureaucracy, but what you are telling is fairy-tales.
>>
>>33227146

continued:

...and that the new terror trends are performed with much simpler weapons, like knives and bombs.

It also underlines that even though Breivik used only legally purchased guns, the vast majority of guns in Norway are owned by law abiding citizens. The police have been shitty at keeping up with the paperwork and there are many unregistered weapons, but no mention was done - as far as I could see - of any confiscation spree.
>>
>>33226716
Switching the magazine has no effect on the trigger group, which is where the auto sear is, which is actually what makes a gun full auto capable. All the magazine does is hold ammo. That's some Tier 1 stupidity that politician has.
>>
>>33227156

Sorry, should be response to 33227012.
>>
>>33227185

The closest I can think of this mattering, is that a gun with say a five shot internal magazine can have a bigger one fitted if the weapon is rebuilt - which is fairly necessary if you have successfully rebuilt it to full auto, otherwise there isn't much point is there.
>>
>>33226716
He's retarded.
>>
>>33227156
>>33227193

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/news-room/20170126BKG59909/revision-of-the-eu-firearms-directive-an-overview

http://legistelum.sk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Trialogue-doc.pdf

3. Member States shall ensure that an authorisation to acquire and an authorisation to
possess a firearm classified in category (…) B of Annex I shall be withdrawn if the
person who was granted the authorisation is found to be in the possession of a loading
device apt to be fitted to centre-fire semi-automatic firearms or repeating firearms
with one of the following characteristics:
a) loading devices which can hold more than 20 rounds;
b) loading devices for long firearms which can hold more than 10 rounds,
unless that person was granted an authorisation under Article 6 or Article
7(4a).

Article 5b
Member States shall ensure that, in cases involving the acquisition and selling of
firearms and their essential components and ammunition classified in categories A, B
and C set out in Annex I by means of "distance contracts" within the meaning of
point (7) of Article 2 of Directive 2011/83/EU of the European Parliament and of the
Council(*), the identity, and where required, the authorisation of the person
acquiring the firearm or the essential components thereof or ammunition is checked
prior to, or at the latest upon, delivery thereof to that person, by:
(a) an authorised dealer or broker; or
(b) a public authority or a representative thereof.
3d. Authorisations under this Article shall be reviewed periodically at intervals not
exceeding five years.

In Article 7, the following subparagraph is added to paragraph 4, after point c):

"The (...) authorisation for possession of a firearm shall be reviewed periodically, at intervals
not exceeding five years. The authorisation may be renewed or prolonged if the conditions on
the basis of which it was granted are still fulfilled."

notice that about the mags they specifiy A loading device with a capacity.
>>
>>33227193
>>33227690

one thing I forgot on the other hand, is that buying guns online and mailing them will suck. has to go trough police or authorised dealers. so basically an european FFL deal.

no more getting guns in the mail
>>
>>33226838
All automatic firearms have magazines you fuck. External magazines no, but internal clip or belt fed magazines yes.
>>
>>33226716
It's a box with a spring that does nothing but hold the next round up for the bolt whenever it is ready to come and get it. Some magazines are a bit more mechanically complex and have multiple springs, or a clockwork mechanism, but ultimately, all a magazine can do is to hold the rounds loaded, and to present them at the top for when the gun picks them up, regardless of if the gun itself is full-auto, semi-auto, or manually cycled.

Whether or not a gun is full-auto is generally determined with the Fire Control Group (the trigger, hammer, sear, disconnector, etc), the bolt carrier group can also be involved in this, and modifying all of this to full-auto is often not easy without suitable substitute parts, and even then, many civilian market variants of military rifles are designed for it to be difficult for you to do this, either having a different FCG setup, or having blocks in place.
>>
>>33226716
the only thing that comes close would be pedersen device
>>
>>33226902
I like to say "self-loading".

Here in Sweden, it's not uncommon to call a gas-operated, semi-auto rifle a "gasomladdat gevär", as in, a gas-reloading rifle.
>>
>>33227851
Pedersen Device was semi-auto I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>33227852
sounds anal

>>33227075
yeah cause semi auto and auto are effectively the same
Im gonna get a couple americans reply to this who don't know what effectively means, much less how it's different than functionally.
>>
>>33227163
>>33227146
As a Norwegian, i kinda want to get my hands on some of these magic mags
Fucking deer will never know what hit them
>>
>>33226716
Eurofags and democrats shouldn't be allowed to make gun legislation due to their autism.
>>
>>33226977
>I don't see it happening in France

Top lel, France is going to get fucked the most by this, because the whole thing was started by Cazeneuve and Le Roux, which in case you haven't noticed, are our prime minister and minister of interior. They aren't going to leave before giving us this farewell gift of massive human rights infringment.
>>
>>33226716
It's theoretically possible to have the magazine be the disconnect, but it would have to be deliberately designed for that to happen. And that's a pretty stupid design.
>>
>>33229032
benis :DDD

The whole point is of course your "maschinengewehr" is the Devil incarnate. Perish the thought of laying hands upon it outside conscription. Your "selbstlader" is nearly as bad, though, because if you have access to a modern rifle with good, standard capacity magazines (i.e. AKs or AR-15/18 clones), you're pretty much golden as long as you can get plenty of ammunition. People with those rifles, thinking independently, and, worse yet, stocking food and other supplies, pose a dire threat to the system because they could sever ties or launch attacks on elements of the system at will.

Thus the impetus to limit everyone to single shot rifles and side-by-side shotguns in the home, or if possible even go beyond that and make everything beyond a pellet/air gun nigh impossible for a normal citizen to get.
>>
>>33226716
Under norsk lov så defineres et helautomatisk våpen, som et våpen som skyter flere en ett skudd per trekk av avtrekkeren
Hvis det finnes et magasin, eller noe som helst annet, som kan simulere helautomatisk ild, så ville det vært ulovlig å bruke
Hvis det finnes noe sånne magasin, så ville de nesten garantert vært ulovlige
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.