[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MRES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: mre-tan-ravioli-pasta.jpg (31KB, 412x310px) Image search: [Google]
mre-tan-ravioli-pasta.jpg
31KB, 412x310px
All right I've been watching Steve1989 MREinfo and now I want some MREs. Tricky to get in Australia: do you guys know any good places to order them?

I'd like them to be genuine military ones, within best before and ideally they have at least half a dozen to make shipping prices worth my while.
>>
>>33225449
Amazon.
>>
>>33225449
Try ebay. If you like buffalo sauce the pulled chicken in buffalo sauce is the nuts. Ranger bars are amazing. Any mre with tuna has the most candy
>>
>>33225449
You can find them on ebay pretty easily. I bought some back in the summer, all menu items dated for inspection early 2017 for $100.
The fresher ones are going to cost more obviously, but I wouldn't suggest paying too much because even if they're past the insp date, they're still good. As you know Steve will eat an MRE from 30 years ago like nothing.
>>
>>33225490
>>33225493
>>33225607
Cheers for the tips. I'm not that man Steve is I bet some of that stuff would have killed me.
>>
>>33225449
Why? genuinely, why?

There's nothing in an MRE that you can't prepare yourself and freeze/can. Especially so if you're just hiking or camping for a few days; leftovers in tupperware should be sufficient.
>>
>>33225449

I got like 15 packs some USMC guys left behind when I did a stint on HMAS Betano, so damn tasty.

That was back in 2010 though.
>>
>>33225764
Fun.
>>
>>33225764
Because that would take effort, and probably wouldn't save much money if any.
If you were in the military and had to eat these things all the time, I understand why you might not want them. But to people who haven't they're fun to eat, like a big lunchable.

I too wouldn't recommend MRE's for backpacking though. They can be a bit heavy, and they produce a lot of plastic trash that you'll have to hold on to.
>>
>>33225934
>Because that would take effort,

>I-i wanna survive le shtf!!
>bbut im lazy

kys yourself cunt
>>
>>33225934

You gotta field strip your MREs then you put them in your ruck
>>
Alright i'm starting to get into MREs. What's this meme about them and shitting? Do they actually fuck with you that drastically? Do they make you spray diarrhea everywhere or do they make you constipated to hell where you one day manage to gibe birth to a large Indian child? Is it immediate after eating one specific MRE or is it just if you eat nothing but MREs for weeks?
>>
>>33226167
>fucksticks ignore the chewing gum, the mixed nuts, the peanut butter, the dried fruit, don't eat enough bean/pea entrees, etc
>basically everything included for fiber or bulky stools
>on top of this they don't drink enough water
>they're somehow surprised when they shit literal bricks

It's just poor decision making.
>>
>>33226167
MRE meme is eating too many will make you constipated
>>
>>33226167
Myself having never served.. I only eat them once and a while as novelty, a day hike, or once in a while hunting or fishing, have a couple in my truck.

What I have heard, from LOTS of close friends who have served that they stop you up something fierce and you literally shit a brick. A large, chunky, anus altering, unforgiving, massive log of burning relief. That being said, they were in the desert... dehydration = hard turds and easier constipation. They had also been eating them with frequency, rather than once in a while. But everyone always talks about the blow-your-asshole-out massive dumps.

Also heard some debate on this being because the last thing you want is to take a shit during battle, but probably fuddlore

I also heard this can be mitigated with chewing the gum? Because it's a laxative or something? Idk could be military fuddlore too for all i know
>>
>>33226236
After Rick and Michonne ate, what, five MREs between them you know they're going to die of blocked bowels and turn into zombies.
>>
>>33226236
>I also heard this can be mitigated with chewing the gum?

Most gums use artificial sweeteners. Sugar alcohols are a laxative.

Things like Atkins brand chocolates ought to help move things along.
>>
>>33226323
>the walking pleb
2011 wants their show back. Who the hell still watches that shit? Anything past third, shit maybe even second seaon is complete garbage. It was dope when it first came out. Then the selling out shows up, then everyone's parents and shit start watching it too
>>
>>33225607
Ive had 5 year old MREs that were fucked so you never know. If they have maybe been in the sun forever or something, you'll never know.
>>
>>33226074
this, boots.
>>
>>33226397
Negan is better than anything in the first two seasons.
>>
>>33226431
>all that garbage in between though
No thank you. When a show debuts and you watch the first few seasons... then it rinses and repeats for another dozen half seasons, then your 60 year old parents ask you one day 'ya ever heard of that zombie show the walking dead?? Its great!' ...that's when you realize it should have died and stayed die years ago.

Now it is literally the walking pleb and only complete retards still watch it. Like it's not even a normie show anymore, it's just terrible, the only people who watch it are autistic prepper wannabes, dweebs, old people, and all the slowpokes still holding in to 'le zombie apocalypse everything' from 7 years ago
>>
>>33225449
Uh, I know this isn't really contributing anything but my question is: Why in the everloving fuck would you ever voluntary consume an MRE with better options available?
>>
>>33226386
>>33226236
There's caffeine in the gum
Caffeine is a laxative
>>
>>33226397
>Unironically being a TV hipster
Consider suicide.
>>
>>33225983
>shtf
more like LARP
>>
>>33225449
N I C E
I
C
E
>>
>>33225449
>within best before
GET OUT IMPOSTER YOU AREN'T A DISCIPLE OF STEVE
>>
>>33226167
Most of the items are filled with laxatives, here in the UK our ratpacks are generally all laxatives apart from the savoury and sweet biscuits. It's a godsend you don't need to be wasting time shitting in the field, so after a week long exercise you have your exercise shit when you get back to camp which is glorious.

Honestly one of the best things about going on exercise is the post exercise shit and having a coke back in camp.
>>
>>33227557
I don't know i said laxatives, i mean they're filled with the stuff that does the exact opposite of laxatives.
>>
>>33225983
Who said anything about surviving shtf..?

But I am super lazy about cooking. I absolutely hate the preparation, and how it takes forever to make something, then all the dirty dishes just to top it off. I've eaten MRE's at home just so I don't have to deal with it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.