/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would you bet one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 23

File: Iran-SaudiArabia-640x360.jpg (38KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Iran-SaudiArabia-640x360.jpg
38KB, 640x360px
If Saudi Arabia and Iran went to war, who you place your bets on to win assuming no interventions from Russia or United States?
>>
>>33225361
I'd prefer the Prersians win, and could see them pulling it off in actuallity
>>
>>33225361
Iran has a domestic military that doesn't have to rely on foreign contractors to keep everything running so I'm going with Iran.
>>
Iran is a Paranuclear state.

what ever enriched uranium they have squirreled away gets made into a warhead and put on a ballistic missile to Ryihad or the oil fields.
>>
Persians > Arabs

Literally in every single aspect
>>
>>33225361
Iran has a semi-competent military that isn't 87% staffed by nepotism picks based on some prince's directionless son needing a career.

Iran has a domestic armaments industry

Iran isn't totally reliant on a single country (cough USA) to supply every logistical item from aircraft widgets and spare parts to small arms munitions

Iran doesn't have a population on the brink of revolution if the payouts stop

Iran has reasonably good relations with most of it neighbors, who won't fund its enemies or even pull a little-green-men style "non-invasion" in its fringe regions at the drop of a hat

tl;dr - Iran would win unless the US and Israel got directly involved in a shooting war to prop up KSA.
>>
>>33225361
Iran
>after 30 years
>40 million dead persians
>400 million dead Sri Lankan mercenaries
>literally no change in territory or trade
>>
>>33225361
Iran would have a strong start, and once the Arab armies start dropping their guns and fleeing the Saudi king will bribe Pakistan to nuke Tehran.
>>
>>33225361
Iran can keep Tomcats(bestplane) flying in spec 40 years later and you only have to look at Yemen to see Saudis in action.

Step up nigga.
>>
>imagine if they worked together to take down the Jews

;_;
>>
Saudi.... at least you could reason with them
>>
>>33225461
>>400 million dead Sri Lankan mercenaries
I laughed louder than I should.

My bet on Iran. They look more like a working system than like a bunch of middle age tribes with access to LeClerks.
>>
Iran has 80 million people, and a functional military industry system.

Saudis have 35 million residents, and 5 million of them are foreigners.

It'd be a one-way ass kicking.
>>
>>33225361
Iran, they have a professional military while the Saudis have princes with toys. Now that our domestic oil supply is sufficient, I don't know why we should continue to bother with SA.
>>
Iran, they even have decent military compared to Saudi.
>>
>>33225461
Kek
>>
Saudis would win because they have more money.
>>
of course it's Saudi
compare their military expenditure
>>
Iran. They have been in combat many times the last few decades. While Saudi Arabia's leadership, included their top brass, would go on an extended vacation to Paris at the first fired shot.
>>
>>33225361
Iran every time, the Saudis can hardly use the equipment they have and have no capability to make more if foreign supplies are cut off (not to mention economic damage for a country largely reliant on exports). Iran also spends much more time preparing for war.
>>
File: dead.jpg (34KB, 532x178px) Image search: [Google]
dead.jpg
34KB, 532x178px
>>33226472
I can say the same about your post
>>
>>33225361

Iran easily. The Saudis require US support and if Iran can kill their leadership (say through an airstrike), all hell will break loose in Saudi Arabia as the remaining people all fight for the throne. ISIS elements would pop out and do most of the damage, while Iranian troops secure the Gulf oil terminals.

The real question would be US intervention, which wouldn't be guaranteed especially if there is a question as to who should rightfully sit on the Saudi throne in the first place.
>>
>>33225361
The world
>S.A. invades Iran
>8 million dead child soldiers later Iran conquers Mecca
>shiavsunni.jpeg
>all ayyrab nations shoot randomly because Allah will guide their rounds
>like most islams they become a statistic of Islam v Islam violence/wars/terrorism
>>
>>33225361
Saudi's have no way to maintain equipment without contractors doing it for them even if they had the parts. Mercs haven't been working based on Yemen.

Iran solely because SA is such garbage.
>>
File: iran-iraq-war.png (35KB, 506x353px) Image search: [Google]
iran-iraq-war.png
35KB, 506x353px
>>33225361
Iran would stomp those Saudi vermin conclusively.

Shame it will never happen, since the US and Israel would jump in first.
>>
>all these dumb Shiaboos
Retards. Other than the Qods special forces all Iran can do is massive human wave attacks and play around with their shitty speedboats. Both countries are equally shit
>>
File: 1483825219757.jpg (49KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483825219757.jpg
49KB, 800x1200px
>>33225361

Persians are an actual civilization unlike Saudi Arabia, which is basically a tent in the desert upheld by American dollars.
>>
While Saudi Arabia would enjoy support from other Gulf Arab countries, its weakness would be its own population turning on the leadership.

Saudi Arabia has the twin problems of radical Sunni muslims gaining traction under the drop in quality of life during large scale war (and inevitable mismanagement by leaders), and the dubious loyalty of Shia in KSA (10-15% of the population, concentrated in oil producing regions) gives another source of internal strife. Also, the population of KSA is ~33 million, compared to Iran's 83 million, which would count for something.
>>
>>33226428

You mean accept bribes from them?
>>
the problem is not that they're iranian

the problem is that they're muslim
>>
>>33227256
>muh civilization
5,000 year old statues don't mean that Iran isn't an illiterate dystopian theocracy now
>>
>>33225361
Iran would demolish the saudis.
>>
>>33225361
Who is on offense and who is on defense? I'd place more faith in Iran on defense even if their anti tank strategy is 2 guys on a shitty Honda dirt bike with an rpg
>>
>>33227289
I have some experience with Iranians here. They all want "Christian" aka white husbands. Very modern and quite liberal overall despite the nut running the country.

Without the threat of death constantly looming over them they'd be as secular as Israel imo.
>>
>>33227308
Cool, you've met a few nice civilized urban Iranians. congratulations. I've met some very intelligent (still fucking lazy as shit) Saudis too.
What's your point?

t. grew up as expat in Saudi
>>
>>33227308
>Without the threat of death constantly looming over them they'd be as secular as Israel imo.
So semi-secular?
>>
If someone attacks SA, Pakistan will go full psycho. Also sunni and shiite shit, shiites won't let sunni have Mecca. Will USA defend his beloved ally?
>>
>>33227341
>If someone attacks SA, Pakistan will go full psycho
Saudi Arabia is like 20% Pakistani slaves by population
>>
>>33227320
Yes.

>>33227315
Except these are the majority unlike Saudiniggers living on government welfare. SA never had the kind of freedom Iranians had in the 70s. That memory doesn't just go away because of whose in charge. Our generation of Iranians is still quite liberal.
>>
>>33227355
>Except these are the majority
lmao stop. the majority are borderline retarded Basiji-tier Ahmedinejad supporting idiots.

>SA never had the kind of freedom Iranians had in the 70s
SA didn't go full-retard theocracy until 1979. All those free Persians left and live in the West now anyway.

>Our generation of Iranians
>Our
Ah, that explains a lot. Chill out, Nima-jan.
>>
>>33225361
As a non-Saudi and non-Iranian Middle Easterner who is sick of their endless antics, I really hope they duke it out and destroy each other. But if it came to blows, and without military aid from the West, I would have to say Iran would have an upper hand for sure. They have their own military industry and are competent unlike the Saudis.
>>
>>33227375
>who is sick of their endless antics
get a hobby other than making ignorant comments, loser
>>
File: smugfrog.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
smugfrog.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>33226925
>>
>>33227255

yeah but that's compared tot he Saudis who literally park boats well within rocket range and send tanks without infantry support to get blown up.

you could probably send an army of retards against Saudi Arabia and win because of how incompetent the Saudis are.
>>
>>33227406
Lol get fucked. I'm sick of these burning heaps of trash using the region as a chess board for their proxy war. They should just nuke each other and finish it.

>other than making ignorant comments
Seriously, are you retarded?
>>
File: iranian-submarine.jpg (99KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
iranian-submarine.jpg
99KB, 600x397px
>>33225361
Putting the fact that both have un experienced military, KSA still has a large edge, I will explain it in different parts :

>Land armies :

>Iran
-Iran has a larger number of active and reserve force, but after the Islamic revolution, they killed all the professional and experienced generals and soldiers of suspect that they will lead an anti-revolution war. So currently they have leaders with zero knowledge of the battlefield, they have an incredibly outdated weapons and stupid homemade toys. and there's a small thing Iran also worries about, is that all south of Iran ( Ahvaz) are Arabs, and they have refused to fight arabs before ( Iraq war)

>KSA
They also have no experience, with smaller number of soldiers than Iran, but the Yemeni war has taught them many stuff and errors that they may fix in a future war, also they are very much advanced in tech and equipments than Iran. Also they worry about eastern Saudis destabilizing the country because most of them are shias.

>>33225402
What a meme, Persians lost EVERY SINGLE war against Arabs trough history and even pre-islam
Cont.
>>
File: advanced_f-15_multi-1copy.jpg (372KB, 1556x1080px) Image search: [Google]
advanced_f-15_multi-1copy.jpg
372KB, 1556x1080px
>>33227605
>Air armies

>Iran
Here, Iran is just pathetic
The fact that they have only 20 or 16 cannibalized Tomcats, and 20 F-5 tiger. Is laughable, and they also executed most experienced pilots during Islamic revolt.

>KSA
Is small words, they have best airforce in the middle east, they are crazy about airforce more than any other part of the military. But there are also some reports that pilots are like their land cousins, Shitty as FUCK.

They are equipped with 170 F-15 super advanced, AWACS, Tankers, Typhoons...
To be fair, if they did well in a war, they could take the full control of Iranian air in just days
>>
>>33227605
>>33227637
b-b-but muh aryan master race!
b-b-but m-muh /pol/ memes!
help!!!!!!!
>>
>>33227637
>Navy

>Iran
Here, (on paper), Iran has the edge.
They have multiple destroyers and submarines and corvettes... And they are in a (not bad) state, one of their destroyers reached South Africa, and that's a good distance for a destroyer.

>KSA
Saudis probably forgot that they have 2 seas, their Navy is a joke compared to other armies of the middle east.
They are in negotiations with Spain for some destroyers or USA for some LCS, but the conclusion is that we can say they don't have a navy
>>
>>33227667
>KSA
No anti-ship missiles? Ground or air fired?
Coastal patrol craft? Did they really do nothing after being raided in the east by Iranian special forces a bunch in the 80s?
>>
>>33227667
The thing that makes me think that KSA will destroy Iran completely, is that if you declare a war with one of the Gulf states, you are declaring a war against all of the Gulf and Jordan and Egypt and Morocco and Sudan.
So it means that Iran has to deal with all the Arabian peninsula and North Africa.
Judging by the outdated weapons and shitty soldiers of Iran, I doubt they have a chance
>>
>>33227689
In the Anti-ship missiles and ships, UAE and even Qatar and more well equipped than Saudi Arabia, they have some ships, but very old, I honestly don't know why they left this hole in their army
>>
File: 1484368342028.jpg (201KB, 893x950px) Image search: [Google]
1484368342028.jpg
201KB, 893x950px
>>33227289

Once Trump ends the retarded Jew-inspired hostility against Iran, the fundamentalist streak will die down and Iranians will probably go back to their more secular roots or traditional Zaraostrian religion.

Islam was imposed on them by the goat fuckers in a time of weakness and collapse due to prolonged wars with Byzantium.
>>
>>33227605
>Iran has a larger number of active and reserve force, but after the Islamic revolution, they killed all the professional and experienced generals and soldiers of suspect that they will lead an anti-revolution war. So currently they have leaders with zero knowledge of the battlefield
The Iran-Iraq war was a pretty big thing anon.
>>
>>33227691
>Saudcoon using handouts and bribes to get an American degree he has no proficiency in
>Doesn't understand the stipulations of this simple theoretical exercise
Well, well, well, what a surprise. Go home Mohammed.
>>
>>33227637
>Is small words, they have best airforce in the middle east
I'd think that was Israel, certainly if you take into account pilot quality.
>>
>>33225361
Iran, absolutely no question.

Saudis have a lot of shiney military toys, but their army, air force and navy couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. Just look at Yemen, 2 years now, the Saudi AF has been bombing then and while they didn't lose any aircraft, they have made ZERO gains against the Houthis, who are militia with only small arms and almost no heavy weapons.

In a war, Iran would lob literally thousands of unguided artillery rockets across the gulf into the oil fields of SA, airfields and other important military and civillan targets, ports, refineries, etc. And with that many rockets, even if only a 10th of them hit their targets and assuming that half of them would get shot down by ABM missiles, they would decimate the Saudi industry and military. AND that's with dumb artillery rockets.
Iran is building missiles like crazy cz they know that their Air Force is no match against it's neighbours'...No, Iranian planes will get scattered inside Iran to be hidden in makeshift airfields. And maybe used as a 2nd or 3rd wave attack.

I'd wager the UAE would put up a better fight then SA.
>>
>>33226766
Military expenditure doesn't automatically mean competence. Saudi military is a show piece army, an opera battalion.

Just cz they have a lot of advanced hardware doesn't mean they can use it effectively.

When was the last time you saw Saudis participate in war games or excersizes?
>>
>>33227303
>2 guys on a shitty Honda dirt bike with an rpg

Replace the RPG with a domestically built Kornet copy and you are quite spot on. And the Kornet is by no means a shitty RPG.
>>
>>33227722
Second Iran-Iraq war leaded by Khomeini was also fought by pre-revolution soldiers and generals, they executed them some while after the war for planning a coupe

>>33227723
Wtf are you trying to say?
Can someone translate?
And you don't know how to greentext.
>>33227730
F-15SA are most advanced, more than the Ra'am, and they have large numbers of Typhoons.
But yeah, if you talk about the good pilots, Israel has the edge in the middle east
>>
>>33227774
>Second Iran-Iraq war leaded by Khomeini was also fought by pre-revolution soldiers and generals, they executed them some while after the war for planning a coupe
That I did not know, thanks for the info.
>>
>>33227605
>-Iran has a larger number of active and reserve force, but after the Islamic revolution, they killed all the professional and experienced generals and soldiers of suspect that they will lead an anti-revolution war. So currently they have leaders with zero knowledge of the battlefield, they have an incredibly outdated weapons and stupid homemade toys. and there's a small thing Iran also worries about, is that all south of Iran ( Ahvaz) are Arabs, and they have refused to fight arabs before ( Iraq war)
or you know, they might have some knowledge from the Iran-Iraq war or the Syrian Civil war, both happened after the Islamic Revolution
>>
>>33227712
I hope one day I could break bread with my Zoroastrian brothers and sisters.
>>
File: 15173521.jpg (185KB, 1024x722px) Image search: [Google]
15173521.jpg
185KB, 1024x722px
>>33227749
You know that yemeni geography is one of the most fucked up in the world?
I'm not defending the Saudis, they are horrible. But it took the British army 8 years to invade the Yemen.
And currently only the Yemeni President loyalists are the one advancing in the battlefield against the Houthis, because just like the Vietnam, only the natives can master the war in there
>>
>assuming no interventions from Russia or United States?
I like how this has to be said every time. What a world.
>>
File: Iran and Saudi Arabia.jpg (50KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
Iran and Saudi Arabia.jpg
50KB, 500x583px
>>33225361
>>
>>33227798
See above about the Iran-Iraq war

And in Syria they are using afghani and Azerbaijani shia militias, maybe you're talking about Hezbollah, who really learned one thing or two in a guerilla warfare
>>
>>33227605
>>33227637
>>33227667
what really matters is Iran Air Defense vs Saudi Air Force and Iran's ability to spam conventional ballistic missiles at the Saudis.

Saudis and their gulf arab vassals have a lot of western airplanes, but not the western training, mindset, or doctrine. All Iran needs is a lot of s-300/400 batteries and know how to use them properly.

>>33227691
Jordan isn't going to get involved. They have millions of syrian refugees and high unemployment to deal with at the moment. So they can't risk diverting security resources.

Bahrain is Shia majority with a sunni monarchy. they couldn't handle their own Arab Spring with out getting other arabs to send reinforcements.

Oman is a non entity.

UAE will probably go neutral because they have too much to risk.

Kuwait is Belgium in this conflict. They are the most direct land route.

Saudi's east has the Shia and the oil. the only competent security forces are there.
>>
>>33227868
Oh yeah, forgot about ballistic missiles and Air defense.

Well in here, Iran has acquired alot of experience from China and North Korea, they have some powerful missiles, the only problem is that the precision is horrible.
For the Air defense, the only good one is the newly acquired S-300pmu2, the rest are outdated rusty stuff.

>KSA
They have some hundreds of Chinese ballistic missiles ( DF-3, DF-5, DF-21)
And some news about having a "last hope) nuclear war heads, acquired from Pakistan. As you know they are the one who financed Pakistani nuclear program.

And for air defense, they have latest Patriot missile system, it's very good against airplanes and small range ballistic missiles, but UAE and Kuwait have THAAD missiles, that work with Qatari Radar that forgot its name it got range of 5000 km. The Saudi and UAE and Bahrain and Qatar air defense systems are linked together.

UAE have lost disputes about islands and they will definitely use it as excuse to get them back.
You have to know that the Arab world sees Iran as more dangerous and threatening than Israel, they will not miss a war against it to end the stress between them completely
>>
>>33227712
>magical thinking
>>>/pol/
>>>/x/
>>
>>33227824
>You know that yemeni geography is one of the most fucked up in the world?

So is Irans', while the Saudi's main oil, civillan and millitary infrastructure is concentrated on the north, close to the Gulf, that's 300-500 kms tops. That's why I said Iran's going to lob all their dumb unguided artillery rockets over by the hundreds and they dont even NEED to fire their more advanced, guided BMs or cruise missiles. And they have those too in numbers.

My point being that the northen cost of SA is flat with no where to hide, whereas the southern part of Iran is like Yemen, where it's easy to hide mobile missile launchers by the dozens if not hundreds.

Geogprahically, SA is fucked in a war against Iran. It's sitting at 50 yards at a 500 yard shooting with it's pants down.

Besides, I seriously doubt the saudi mercenary pilots would take on Iran's Air Defence now that they have the S300s, not to mention the lot of 'shit' they developed themselves. Those might not worth much against US or Israeli squadrons, but against incompetent Saudi planes...They would be shooting down planes faster then they can reload the SAM launchers. They would probably have a contest on who shoots down most saudi planes.

So yea, you do have a point, but that doesn't mean the Saudis wouldn't get buttraped if they didn't get help from the US.
>>
>>33227999
yes correct, the Saudis will get BTFO if they do the dumbest strategies imaginable as you say. Nice scenario, idiot.
>>
>>33228008
Not him but the Saudis are not exactly strategic geniuses, 'throw mercs and money at it' is pretty much all they've got.
>>
>>33228013
Not him also, they may be dumb, but not that dumb, let's be realistic.
And they will not work alone
>>
>>33228019
>Not him also, they may be dumb, but not that dumb, let's be realistic.
Never underestimate overconfidence in warfare.
>And they will not work alone
The hypothetical situation in this thread has them without western support (I suppose strictly speaking the UK could still help but I think that goes against the spirit of the OP).
>>
>>33225402
You would think, but remember they fought Sadaam's Iraq to a bloody stalemate with hilarious ineptitude on both sides after 8 years.
>>
>>33228034
Iraq was backed by everyone. Iran had North Korea.
>>
>>33227637
>best airforce in the middle east
Didn't they have an F-15 crash because the pilot refused to refuel from a tanker because the boom operator was a woman?
>>
File: flock.jpg (32KB, 224x423px) Image search: [Google]
flock.jpg
32KB, 224x423px
So Iran
Iran so far away
>>
>>33228088
The pilot was hailed as a hero.
>>
>>33228088
>boom operator was a woman?
>Saudi Arabia
What the fuck are you talking about? They barely let women be civilians let alone military, idiot.
>>
>>33228032
>the guys I don't like are brainless zombies who will just willingly walk into enemy gunfire!!
Stop.
>>
>>33225361
>idiots think Iran would do shit to SA when America is their #1 friend
Good joke. Saudi Arabia wins without losing a soldier.
>>
>>33228043
Iran used human waves for everything including clearing minefields. They're not much better now, other than the Qods force everybody is shit-tier cannonfodder. I laugh so hard seeing all these /pol/ """""skeptics""""" blindly accept Iranian propaganda as gospel
>>
>>33228148
It was a USAF tanker.

Saudi jet fighter pilot.

Princeling went "Allah-u-snackbar" and biffed the sand.
>>
>>33228168
Iraq couldn't win with chemical weapons.
>>
File: 1488756957510.png (15KB, 749x852px) Image search: [Google]
1488756957510.png
15KB, 749x852px
>>33225361
>Implying they're not already at war by proxy
Who do you think is funding the Houthi rebels in Yemen and along the Saudi border and the Red Sea?
>>
>>33228156
Plenty of times throughout history people have assumed better tech (planes, tanks, boats) makes them invincible. Late in WW2 inexperienced German crews would often drive straight into anti-tank positions, for example, in part because propaganda claimed their tanks were idiotically superior. Iran has been preparing to fight a technologically superior nation for decades, the Saudis assume money will solve everything and that western tech makes them superior.
>>
>assuming no interventions

The tooth fairy.
>>
>>33228184
>Who do you think is funding the Houthi rebels in Yemen and along the Saudi border and the Red Sea?
In Yemen it is not Iran, at least it wasn't originally (they might have decided to if everyone is going to accuse them of it anyway).
>>
>>33228208
The Houthis are Iran backed Shia rebels
>>
>>33228215
Depending who you believe sure. Iran certainly back them politically, material support is less certain.
>>
File: 1486775312574.png (11KB, 611x560px) Image search: [Google]
1486775312574.png
11KB, 611x560px
>>33228259
>Iran providing direct assistance to the Houthis is less certain
Iran is the world's largest state-sponsor of foreign terrorism. Who do you think is arming and aiding the Shia rebels throughout the region?
>>
>>33228278
>Iran is the world's largest state-sponsor of foreign terrorism.
Depends how you define terrorism really, you could make a fair case for that being the USA. Funding the enemy of your enemy is a common move and not one the west has ever been above.
>Who do you think is arming and aiding the Shia rebels throughout the region?
I'm not denying they do it with other Shia groups elsewhere in the ME, just that specifically in the case of Yemen I have not seen anything more than propaganda claiming it. This is not a unique thought either, the entire thing seems to be a convenient excuse to excuse the UK and USA from moral responsibility for selling shit to the Saudis (Iran is doing it so we are too).
>>
>>33228278
Pretty sure the Yemeni are using more Chink/Nork arms than Iranian at the moment.
>>
>>33228259
Iran supplied the C-802 AShM used in the Swift attack.

The fact that Iran is providing material support to the Houthis is known, its the level of support that is not known.
>>
>>33228259
>material support is less certai
I wonder where they got anti-ship missiles and ammo and guns, even though the coalition destroyed 90% of their stocks.
in the video where they attacked the UAE supply ship, they used Iranian soviet anti-ship missile
>>
>>33228409
>>33228421
China is a plausible supplier also, granted more for the guns than the anti-ship missiles.
>>
>>33228088
>>33228175
It was a Tornado, not an F-15, but they did refuse to refuel from a female crew. They then elected to fly to an alternate base, probably to refuel there. Unfortunately they flew there lower so burned more fuel and came up short. They attempted to land in the middle of the desert, hit a sand dune, caved in the nose and ejected.

http://www.ejection-history.org.uk/Country-By-Country/saudi_arabia.htm
>>
>>33228421
>soviet
C-802 is Chinese
>>
>>33228447
Come to think of it also the Norks, the origin of a lot of Iran's missile tech anyway.
>>
>>33228447
But where are the Houthis getting the financial support? They're competing directly with the Republic of Yemen, Saudi Arabia, ISIL, and the AQAP.

It's more likely that the arms are coming from North Korea, Russia, and Iran. I don't know what China has to gain out of backing the Shia in Yemen.
>>
>>33225361
Iran, hands down. Saudis have better equipment in every possible field but man do they suck.
>>
>>33227691
This.

OP said no intervention from the US or Russia, but this very quickly becomes a Shia/Sunni war, so you can leave all the autistic comparisons of the Saudi military versus the Iranian one aside and see that very quickly, Iran ends up in at least a three front war, possibly four, as they are surrounded by Sunni nations, and Iraq would split.

And the Israelis will be on the Saudi side even if just intel/covert.

Only Sunnis have nukes, btw.
>>
>>33228476
>But where are the Houthis getting the financial support? They're competing directly with the Republic of Yemen, Saudi Arabia, ISIL, and the AQAP.
Money might well be Iranian (I suppose that is strictly speaking material support) though they've been around for long enough to have established other ways of making cash.
>I don't know what China has to gain out of backing the Shia in Yemen.
Money, testing of arms, influence in a fairly important region for shipping + natural resources, pissing in the USA's pool. All the usual motives really. China will sell shit to anyone willing to pay after all.
>>
>>33228518
Iran is a paranuclear state with ballistic missiles.

Only Pakistan has nuclear weapons and they are kept in pieces.

So Iran has time to build their own nuclear arsenal.
>>
>>33228526
My point about China was that they weren't willing to provide arms to the Houthis in the same manner their allies would. China would absolutely sell arms to anyone willing to pay, but I suspect that the money is coming in from Iran and Hezbollah.

It seems that the Houthis are hurting right now, without enough fighters on their front lines, they've now resorted to recruiting young teenage child soldiers right out of school.
>>
>>33228541
Iranian breakout time is ~6 mouths.

Paki nukes are ready to use now.
>>
>>33227712
>Once Trump ends the retarded Jew-inspired hostility against Iran, the fundamentalist streak will die down and Iranians will probably go back to their more secular roots or traditional Zaraostrian religion.
You do know that before Iran went all Islamic theocracy time Israel and Iran had decent relations right? The remains of Israel-Iran pipelines are still around in Israel at least. Hang the Ayatollahs and watch Iran being the premier Middle East power, as it should be.
>>
>>33228518

You need to consider the Sunni/Shia divide much like the Catholic/Protestant divide in 1500-1700 Europe. It does exist and it is is disingenuous to dismiss it or deny it, but it's also not the all supreme force. Remember Catholic France was happier to work with protestants in Europe or Muslims in Turkey than with the Catholic Habsburgs. Likewise, the cooling relations of Egypt and Saudi Arabia mean Egypt has little reason to worry about the Iranians.
>>
>>33228561
>My point about China was that they weren't willing to provide arms to the Houthis in the same manner their allies would. China would absolutely sell arms to anyone willing to pay, but I suspect that the money is coming in from Iran and Hezbollah.
Fair enough, that seems more likely to me than Iran giving them weapons directly.
>It seems that the Houthis are hurting right now, without enough fighters on their front lines, they've now resorted to recruiting young teenage child soldiers right out of school.
Welcome to the Middle East, at least we'll get good video games out of it eventually.
>>
>>33228585
>>33228541
If Pakistan gets involved expect India to provide covert support to Iran. This goes double if Pakistan even threaten to use nukes.
>>
>>33228597
>You do know that before Iran went all Islamic theocracy time Israel and Iran had decent relations right? The remains of Israel-Iran pipelines are still around in Israel at least. Hang the Ayatollahs and watch Iran being the premier Middle East power, as it should be.
To be fair the UK and USA fucked up big time with Iran.
>>
File: 1486858314832.jpg (193KB, 708x718px) Image search: [Google]
1486858314832.jpg
193KB, 708x718px
>>33228638
>Welcome to the Middle East, at least we'll get good video games out of it eventually
>when you were hoping this would the basis of BF5 but then you get BF1 instead
>>
>>33228670
Syria already has one game made by crazy slavs. Insurgency 2 was pretty much the ISIS game also.
>>
>>33228658
That they did. It's a shame as many of the protesters were calling for a democratic regime, something the West supposedly likes, before Khomeini (or whichever Ayatollah it was) hijacked the revolution. Some of the pieces that Iranians of the time have written are quite harrowing. So many executions right after the revolution...
>>
File: 324899324924923.png (240KB, 688x820px) Image search: [Google]
324899324924923.png
240KB, 688x820px
>>33228638
>>33228670
>>
>>33228711
They might also help to destroy the EU depending how the French, Germans and Dutch vote. Worth a few dead Frenchmen and a fuckton of dead kebab in my book (shame about the archaeological sites though).
>>33228706
Yes, Middle Eastern policy as a whole has been half-arsed since the Suez Crisis.
>>
>>33228711

>When your caliphate collapses in less than 2 years
>>
>>33225361
Neither would be able to substantially harm the other, since neither could project their power into the places it matters.
Their land routes are blocked by other states.
Crossing the straits is incredibly difficult and risky.

They might have an air war, which the Saudis would probably win, and they might have a naval conflict, which could go either way. But ultimately, no troops would end up on the other guy's soil. And if by some fluke some did, they'd be apprehended with no damage done.

Watching the IRIAF getting shot down and seeing Saudis vessels get swarmed would be pretty fun though.
>>
>>33228792
they'll shoot a bunch of rockets and missiles at each other across the gulf. Oil fields and oil infrastructure gets wrecked. Suddenly a very significant part of the world's oil is out of the market. Price for a barrel goes up to $100 or more. Russia, Venezuela, Canada, Mexico, and the United States get rich as fuck from oil sales.

Iraq falls back into civil war. Iran just annexes the shia and kurd parts or Iraq.

Shia and Sunni terrorism against each other for a decade.
>>
>>33228638
>>33228670
>>33228682
>>33228711

The Insurgency remake in Unreal 4 will have a campaign and the protagonist is a young female Kurd who was enslaved by radical insurgents.

Enjoy.
>>
>>33228963
>The Insurgency remake in Unreal 4 will have a campaign and the protagonist is a young female Kurd who was enslaved by radical insurgents.
Well fuck that then. I might pirate it if there's fapworthy shit in the game though.
>>
>>33225361
If the two fight everyone wins.
>>
>>33225361
Iran any day. The Arabs cannot even fight a bunch of skirt wearing and Enfield armed Houthis.
>>
>>33227605
Iran has experienced troops as they have men fighting in Iraq and Syria. The Ssudi army is laughing stock tier. Saudi pilots would crash their high-end F-15 and F-16 in panic as soon as they would hear that enemy planes are coming.
>>
>>33227749
>they have made ZERO gains against the Houthis

But Houthis have lost all their important cities and military bases outside of the capital.

>almost no heavy weapons

They have anti ship missiles, MLRS and balistic missile systems.

>In a war, Iran would lob literally thousands of unguided artillery rockets across the gulf into the oil fields of SA, airfields and other important military and civilian targets, ports, refineries, etc. And with that many rockets, even if only a 10th of them hit

Much less than 10% of their unguided rockets would hit if they had to pass over the Persian gulf, they could expect less than 1 in a thousand rockets to hit.

Iran's main strategy in a war would be to mine the Persian gulf and thereby block any commercial oil transports from the Saudi oilfields, in effect starving the Saudis for cash and everybody else in the world for energy.
>>
>>33225361
No interventions?
Iran easily, they have a military that has actually seen action. Unlike Ferrari bin-al-Saud.
>>
File: vhf guard.jpg (69KB, 513x720px) Image search: [Google]
vhf guard.jpg
69KB, 513x720px
>>33225361
Overall Saudi Arabia is in a much better position.

Airforces will be the primary means of winning the conflict and the Saudi Airforce has better training, more aircrafts and better equipment than the Iranian one.

The Saudi Airforce would simply destroy the Iranian airforce (which mostly consist of cannibalized pre-iran coup planes) and then proceed to bomb any ground forces who amazes to groups larger than platoon size.

Meanwhile none-Persians would use the destabilization of the conflict to press for secession (half of Iran's population is not Persian).

So Iran would have half its population rebelling while being unable to stop them since their airforce has been destroyed and the ground forces are unable to gather up troops/assets to launch any offenses against the rebels since the Saudi airforce would just bomb them.
>>
>>33231162
assuming the Saudi pilots don't panic when they get painted or get shot down by s-300 batteries.

they can barely bomb houti rebels
>>
>>33225361
Iran, because unlike Saudis they actually know how to learn from past combat experiences and their soldiers fight rather than to run away and dump behind a whole brigade's worth of equipment and vehicles.
>>
>>33226291
>Let's trade one cancer for the other.

What a fantastic idea. You're starting to sound like that single-testicled lunatic midget from Austria with a terrible taste for mustaches.
>>
>>33230893
>Iran easily, they have a military that has actually seen action.
If you know of any monograph showing Iranian military capability (particularly expeditionary capability) in an even quasi-positive light, please share. I'm not aware of any.

The last time the Iranian military saw significant action was the Iran-Iraq war, where it wasn't substantially more effective than its opponent.
>>
File: UKimeanPak.jpg (102KB, 743x518px) Image search: [Google]
UKimeanPak.jpg
102KB, 743x518px
>>33227354
Peasants. Pakistan will defend SA with everything.
>>
>>33232370
>Muslims being capable of loyalty

doubt.jpg
>>
>>33228164
OP explicitly stated WITHOUT help of outside powers. l2read dumbass
>>
>>33225361
Iran. Saudi Arabia is losing to Houthis atm.
>>
>>33232591
On what basis do you argue Iran would fare better, assuming it were placed in a similar position?
>>
>>33232674
IRGC as an organization appears levels above the competency of anything SA has to offer. War is won by organizational culture and structure on top of resources and population, which are already Iranian favored.
>>
>>33225361
As the two nations do not share a land border the war is not going to be about taking land, rather wining would consist of either
-Crippling the opposing economy to the point they sue for peace.
-Causing regime change to friendly/puppet government.

Both sides possess enough force to close the Gulf to shipping. As Iran is less dependent on oil money for stability this hurts Saudi more.

Neither side has the ability to conduct a massive air operation over the other nation.

Neither side possess a real amphibious capability.

Saudi has larger cash reserves but the spend far far far more to maintain internal stability.

I would give the edge to Iran simply due to Saudi having more high-value soft targets and needing a much larger cash flow to maintain stability.
>>
File: vietnam.jpg (284KB, 2500x1660px) Image search: [Google]
vietnam.jpg
284KB, 2500x1660px
>>33232674
And, further, how representative would a conflict with a non-state actor engaging in guerilla tactics be for determining conventional conflicts with centralized, formal militaries?

If every military which lost in a war against non-state actors were determined as "ineffective" for those purposes, there wouldn't be very many militaries worth speaking about.

>>33232729
>IRGC as an organization
IRGC doesn't fight wars. They advise, might take up arms from time to time, but fundamentally, aren't a military. They are few in number, are lacking in heavy equipment, and most aren't even trained for outright conflict.
In any war between the two parties, significant portions of the IRGC wouldn't even be able to take the field, such as the Basij.

>War is won by organizational culture and structure
The Iranian military itself, a separate entity of the more mercurial IRGC, have no digitized C4I backend, no experience fighting in combined arms, little doctrine for operational-level offensives, no experience training with coalitions outside of minimal coordination with its meager set of allies, no significant experience in military operations to draw from, save its dismal performance decades ago in the Iran-Iraq war, no logistical capability for force projection, decaying equipment, no reliable mechanism to ensure high-quality imports, a mostly grounded air force...

I could go on. The IRGC isn't made of wunderkinds and rainbow gumdrops, and what little it has to affect a conventional battlefield (to what extent it coordinates with the military at all, a separate issue), isn't enough to compensate for the innumerable deficiencies which plagues the Artesh, which is what Iran has to rely on in war.
>>
File: 1480903070081.jpg (61KB, 614x676px) Image search: [Google]
1480903070081.jpg
61KB, 614x676px
>>33225543
Bullshit. They have almost no spare parts,no replacement engines, few countries that will supply those parts, and not enough of the airframe. KSA will still get parts from The US.
>>
File: 1383255373000.gif (1015KB, 666x369px) Image search: [Google]
1383255373000.gif
1015KB, 666x369px
>>33227248

>USSR and North Korea supporting opposite sides
>>
>>33231267
jews are a much greater threat to humanity than muslims
>>
>>33225361
I hate both of them, but Iran would win.
>>
>>33225361
Saudi has way better tech, but Irans actual military isn't garbage foreign contractors doing all their work.

Who's a better fighter, someone fighting for their home or a guy being paid to defend someones home?
>>
>>33227605
>-Iran has a larger number of active and reserve force, but after the Islamic revolution, they killed all the professional and experienced generals and soldiers of suspect that they will lead an anti-revolution war.
this was FORTY years ago
you realise they've basically run tonnes of covert (Afghanistan and Iraq) and overt (Syria) interventions? they've learned a lot from those conflicts
>>
Israel, only regional power in middle east, BTFOed them both.
>>
>>33225377
Because Militias are a capable military force.
>>
>>33227354
>>33232370
They'll March their army through Afghanistan just in time to get invaded by India
>>
>>33232757
>Neither side has the ability to conduct a massive air operation over the other nation.
Iran to Saudi arabia over the Persian Gulf is roughly 150-180 miles.
It's highly likely that democratic Iraq, provided it still exists and is still Shiite dominated, will let Iranian land forces pass through
>>
>>33225361
Iran has the capability to put Marines on Saudi Arabia's shores and the navy to back it up, they also have airborne forces.
They are probably still dogshit compared to western forces, but will be stellar against SA
>>
Saudi.

They could just arm the 10 Million Kurds (sunnis) in Iran with MANPADS and ATGM and look on as the shit hits the fan.
>>
>>33226600
sigh, not understanding geo politics.

Because they still can manipulate the prices if they wanted. This isn't empire earth where we only care about how much of some item is on the top of the screen. Not everything is so simple. Sorry.
>>
>>33225361
>no interventions from Russia or United States?

Literally impossible
>>
>>33228278
>Iran is the world's largest state-sponsor of foreign terrorism

Did you confuse them with Saudi Arabia and Pakistan?

Oh wait, those two are bum-buddies with the CIA, so they are on the "good guys" list..
>>
Iran has been destabilizing and reinforcing everything they want in the region for more than a decade now.
you wanna blame someone for turning them into a regional superpower blame Israel and the US
>not knowing that KSA routinely intercepts huge weapons shipments being smuggled into KSA shia areas by Iranian special forces
>not knowing KSA has deal with pakistan for nuke warhead to be delivered or already has been delivered
>>
>>33225361
Given the way Iran-Iraq played out and the way the populations are arranged I would be comfortable betting everything on Iran.
>>
>>33226291
they already tried that.
at least four times before the US allied with Israel.
>>
>>33228450
this isnt fucking real. why? how? how is that haram?

I wont believe this without a link. I've heard tons of dumb snobbish stories about the arabs but that takes the cake if true.
>>
>>33240331
I'm pretty sure it's Iran, then Pakistan, then Saudi Arabia at this point honestly.

Iran has been stepping up their game, and the Pakis have actually attacked the Taliban.
>>
>>33243327
>>33240331
Isn't it just semantics or something? Like Iran is the largest --state-- sponsor, but for Saudi Arabia, it's rich private citizens and not the state that's doing it? That's what I've always heard.
>>
Why is everyone forgetting the fact neither Iran, nor Arabia can inflict much damage to the other outside of missiles and air combat? Naval invasions are unthinkable for both.
>>
I would also want Iran to win. Saud Arabia is full of salafists, was home to the 9/11 hijackers, and I suspect they're secretly funding ISIS.

Meanwhile, when was the last time Shia muslims launched a terrorist attack on the west? Iran is a mostly westernized country despite being ruled by muslim conservatives.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.