[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap knife for self defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: KA-1250-Kabar-USMC-Knife.jpg (71KB, 750x436px) Image search: [Google]
KA-1250-Kabar-USMC-Knife.jpg
71KB, 750x436px
What's a cheap knife for self defense while I'm walking around in the woods. Been hiking down paths in the forestry preserves of my state and I want a knife for self defense just in case. Can't afford a gun. I don't need some super duper tactical survival knife I just want something cheap and effective that will let me stab an animal or a human to death. I won't be using it for any other purpose.
>>
>>33219474
Best budget innawoods knife out there imo...

https://www.amazon.com/Schrade-SCHF52-Frontier-Fixed-Blade/dp/B011US7KWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488839812&sr=8-1&keywords=schf52
>>
>>33219474
>knife for self defense
you've already lost

that said machetes and kukris are able to be found cheap and large
>>
>>33219496

Will this be good for stabbing a human or animal? Looks like it's made for chopping wood and whatnot from the video I watched on that page.
>>
>>33219552
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

It's a 7" carbon steel blade. If it can chop a log it can chop an arm.
>>
>>33219600

Cool thanks think I'm gonna go with that then.
>>
>>33219474
>>33219474

depends of the situation, main criteria is the attack range of your oponents.

animals and unarmed man, you'll need a double edged knife or a dagger because it perforate cloth and skin way better. plus its more practicable and discrete.

if your opponent has a baton, he has better range than you and can breaks your hand that hold the knife. In that case machette and kukri are better. you have the same range and you are deadlier
>>
>>33220160

The situation is in the woods and getting attacked by an animal or a bunch of potheads out there smoking or bums camping out there. The chance of me not being able to run away is pretty slim because I'm very fast but I like to have small extra layer of comfort knowing I have some means of defending myself if I had to.

What do you recommend for cheap?
>>
>>33220160
I don't know what type of animals you got there, but if you are attacked by a wild one, you'll probably get thrown on the floor with the beast trying to bite you or crush you. in that case of really close range, double edge is the best choice.
be sure to get a good quality steel, no stainless, go for carbon steel.
>>
>>33220231
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SCHF19/schrade-schf19-tactical-boot-knife-black-double-edge-dagger-blade-tpe-handles
>>
>>33220249

>I'm in Florida so coyotes, alligators, wild boar, panthers, small bears.
>>
>>33220387

Did not mean to greentext that.

>>33220279
Says it's stainless steel in the description which >>33220249 told me to avoid.
>>
>>33219474
>What's a cheap knife for self defense while I'm walking around in the woods

A six inch or longer Phillips screwdriver.

About as cheap as you can do and useful to plus it is considerably more lethal than most knives sold for the purpose of meme self defense.
>>
File: 190rzax043q95jpg.jpg (87KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
190rzax043q95jpg.jpg
87KB, 800x533px
you probably already own one
>>
File: 510.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
510.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
Ahem
>>
>>33219474
any knife from the walmart outdoor section
>>
>>33220398
Yup stainless is cheaper.
but its not weak, its as stronger as carbon.
its a matter of confort, carbon steel has a better sharp durability, you can use it longer before you have to sharpen it.

I didn't read you well, I believed it was for multitasking, if its for rare defense scenario, it will do the job as well as carbon steel.
>>
File: 1.jpg (95KB, 900x316px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
95KB, 900x316px
>>33219474
>>
>>33219474
Whats your budget
>>
File: IMG_20170303_214530.jpg (820KB, 1765x1310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170303_214530.jpg
820KB, 1765x1310px
>>33219474
>cheap and effective that will let me stab an animal or a human to death

Get a surplus Ontario M7 Bayonet, you can probably pick one up for like $30. It's literally made to stab shit to death. Double-edged dagger profile.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.