[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is better, LBE or chest rigs (basic ones without plate)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: DSC05914_zps015a1fbd.jpg (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05914_zps015a1fbd.jpg
68KB, 800x600px
Which is better, LBE or chest rigs (basic ones without plate)?
>>
For what?
>>
>>33219305

chest rigs will distribute weight more evenly, are more modular so u can customize for comfort, and are much more comfortable to wear and access gear while prone. and they don't dig into your shoulders as bad.

but it depends on how much shit you want to carry, if you just want a pistol belt to hold a handgun and a few spare mags plus some AR mags for 3 gun type shit, a pistol belt without the suspenders will be fine, but if you want to wear 6+ rifle magazines and a camelbak, go for the chest rig
>>
>>33219305
LBE is good if you *have* to carry a lot of long term weight on individual personal gear. I would raise the example of a machinegunner/AG as somebody who's going to be carting a lot of ammo that they need ready.

If you don't NEED a bunch of heavy gear all in one package, then I think a chest rig, light belt, pack combination is much more flexible, modular, and sensible. Everything a your ALICE LBE can do can be done by a light chest rig and a hydration pack.

Since modern packs have gone for a tall and thin shape as opposed to a big high set cube, having a light belt without a bunch of straps or things loaded along the back makes everything much easier. Trust me, wearing a fully loaded ALICE + any ruck sucks immensely compared to a light belt, chest rig, and modern ruck.
>>
>>33219305
I like my simple chest rig.
>>
Chicom>all
>>
I feel lbe offers better freedom of movement and air flow if no armor is involved.
>>
The idea of wearing a plate carrier in the summer in Alabama makes me want to kill myself.
>>
srs though where do you guys even wear your chest rigs? like, training situations and shooting while moving but where else? theoretically they're cool and I kinda want one but have no fucking clue when I'd ever actually wear it
>>
>>33219795
Consider that plate carriers are the lightweight military option. When you've trained in full armor in the middle of a humid summer, a plate carrier is like wearing a cute summer dress.

If you're acclimated to movingly around outside a plate carrier really isn't a biggie. Honestly all the stupid shit people often willing tack onto them, while at the same time not carrying enough water is a bigger deal.
>>
>>33219851
Well 90% of it is
>Put on in your bathroom and take selfies in the mirror and upload them to /k/
C H E C K M A T E
>>
File: ImRetarded.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
ImRetarded.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>33220062
Meant to quote >>33219817
>>
I'd like to get a budget brand PC or chest rig just to carry AR mags, but like >>33219817 said I would probably never actually use it.

Does anybody have opinions on the Condor Recon?
I know Condor is usually just airshit tier, but I've heard the Recon is actually pretty good and it's pretty dang cheap.
Btw I'm 5'8", 150lbs if that matters.
>>
>>33220135
m8 just get either a chicom, sadf, or serbian chest rig, all cheap and better quality than condor
>>
>>33219851
LAWLS my BAWLS! A plate carrier is not an OPTION for the military and sit sure as fuck is not lightweight.

Kids dying from heat stroke from running around in a few pounds of football pads for less than an hour after weeks of getting used to it and your ass wants to talk about acclimation. I detect basement dweller.

I would only rock plates in Bama in summer if I was in a static positon. The minute you start talking movement I'm going to LBE and extra water.
>>
>>33219851
Where do you live? Maybe I'm picking on someone who has no fucking idea what 100 degrees at 98% humidity is like?
It would be interesting to see how the US mil would handle another jungle war as far as requirements to wear a PC or giving LBE as an option.
>>
>>33220333
Louisiana "tiger land" for three years.
>>
>>33220355
You should know better then lol. The only reason the southeast is a populated as it is is the existence of air conditioning. I see so many fatasses who wouldn't survive a week without AC in summer.
>>
>>33220441
Being familiar with the military, I know that plate carriers are over represented in the public mind- the vast majority of troops wear full armor. Plate carriers are the lighter alternative. We can argue back and forth if they are too heavy, but for the military they are the lighter of two options for armor.

I'm sure you see "fatasses" as you put it passing out from heat. They'd pass out easily anyway. I've spent a lot of time outside with a lot of military gear on. A plate carrier and medium weight gear ain't too bad-provided you're acclimated and in shape. Also if you're aware of staying hydrated and using powders like Cera Sport to extend yourself.

As you said, I should know. I've seen a lot of heat casualties and the biggest factor was always acclimatization and lack of packing enough water.
>>
>>33219305
>Which is better, LBE or chest rigs (basic ones without plate)?

Depends if you are in vehicle a lot or not.

Chest rigs if yes.

LBE if no.
>>
>>33220288
>A plate carrier is not an OPTION for the military

The USMC issues an Improved Scalable Plate Carrier system as an alternative to their version of the IOTV and has done so since at least 2009.
>>
>>33220288
>Kids dying from heat stroke from running around in a few pounds of football pads for less than an hour after weeks of getting used to it and your ass wants to talk about acclimation

meanwhile soldiers and marines are running around in 105+ degree heat with armor, magazines, and water

you're just weak and can't hack it, just admit it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.