[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any recommendations for a first time buyer? I was considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 995TS.jpg (57KB, 940x275px) Image search: [Google]
995TS.jpg
57KB, 940x275px
Any recommendations for a first time buyer? I was considering a Hi-point 9mm carbine, is that a good rifle? I live in Alaska.
>>
>Pros:
Fun
Cheap
Reliable

>Cons:
Low capactiy
Plastic
>>
a 10/22 should always be your first gun

pretty sure hi point guns use their firing pins as ejectors
>>
>>33218734
What's wrong with plastic?
>>
>>33218715
Ever check Alaska's List anon?

Good deals to be had on there from time to time if you know what to look for.
>>
>>33218744
I already own a 10/22. My dad gave it to me.
>>
>>33218763
Okay, then what do you want to do with your second gun?
>>
>>33218792
Anything that can kill a man.
>>
File: b53ob5.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
b53ob5.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>33218800
>>
>>33218751
It's not just plastic, it's yesteryear's McDonald's toy plastic
>>
>>33218800
Most guns can do that with good shoot placement...
>>
Great choice OP. Their warranty is retardedly good.
>>
>>33218824
That explains the price tag.
>>
>>33218715
that is a good choice.

>cheap as fuck
>so is ammo
>durability ain't so hot, but the warranty is industry best, so if you break it they fix it
>seriously got-tier customer service
>but that plastic will probably break
>and 9 rounds of 9mm is pretty shit

I'd almost suggest to get one in .45. Mag capacity doesn't change.
>>
My dad bought a Hipoint 380 off a buddy for $50. We went to the range, I shot that bitch 3 times and it jammed. Ejected the round, shot 3 more times and it jammed. Moral of the story, don't buy Hipoint unless it's strictly a "let's go shoot some shit" type deal.

pic related: $86
>>
>>33219544
oops, just woke up
>>
>>33219024
Op is in AK. It will cost him half the price of the gun just to send it in for warranty work.

t. also akfag
>>
>>33218715
It's an alright PCC, good for the price and a great way for those with a small budget to get into the ground floor. That being said they work, the aftermarket is pretty interesting, but it is generally not recommended to buy aftermarket mags because they apparently scrape the shit outta the bolt. If you are looking to spend a bit more you can go get a sub2k which will give you more mag choices, or you could drop $500-600 on an AR9 from PSA parts.
>>
>>33219544
Send it back to the factory muh dude.

They will sort it out or send you a new one. Don't send the magazine because they will send you a new one.

Attach a video to the tracking number.

My high-point is reliable as fuck. I would trust my life to it.
>>
File: 4595ProMag.jpg (92KB, 1023x526px) Image search: [Google]
4595ProMag.jpg
92KB, 1023x526px
>>33219024
They have extended mags for them all.

If you go 45 1911 mags work with minor alterations pic related.
>>
>>33218715
Why does it kind of looks like a star wars blaster?
>>
>>33220296
The blasters used in starwars were modeled after real guns.
>>
>>33218715
You might want to get a shotgun for your first gun if you are as concerned about bears as everybody else I met in Alaska was. But if you can get that Hi-point for a good price you will probably have a bunch of fun with it.
>>
>>33220268
>They have extended mags for them all.
yeah, single stack, even longer than jamal's cock and of dubious quality.

but i agree that it's fun as shit
>>
>>33219925
maybe, but he'll spend 1/2 as much on ammo and even less on tacticool mall ninja add ons
>>
>>33220845
i'd almost prefer anon come back with a story about how he unloaded 50 rounds with his hi-point into a bear to stop it
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.