[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Police trade in USP accuracy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: H&K.jpg (83KB, 504x352px) Image search: [Google]
H&K.jpg
83KB, 504x352px
Hey guys. I made a thread about where i bought a police trade in USP. everything on the gun looks good. But I'm shooting it very shitty. I'm honestly not sure if its me or the gun. I brought it along with my 1911 and bersa (both of which I shot very good groups with at 30 feet). the USP on the other hand was shooting like 10 inch groups. I was disappointed. I know the sights on my 1911 are better than the USP but even my bersa was making much better groups. Is it possibly a gun issue?
>>
>>33218216
theres a 95% its you. on the other hand the condition of the gun is suspect cause its used. whats the overall condition of the gun and have you bothered to replace common things that wear out like springs?
>>
File: The Man Who Saved Antartica.jpg (122KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
The Man Who Saved Antartica.jpg
122KB, 600x739px
I mean the bore could be worn out but i highly doubt it on a police trade in, they usually show more holster wear on the finish than wear from shooting. The USP does take a bit of practice to get the feel for it, especially the play in the trigger. What does the bore look like?
>>
File: gaggleofHKs.jpg (218KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
gaggleofHKs.jpg
218KB, 900x675px
>>33218216
>>33218265
It's you OP, that said TDA USPs have a shitty mushy SA trigger and do take more mental discipline to tack drive with.
>>
File: IMG_1390.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1390.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
The rifling is there though, it definitely seems much less aggressive than my 1911
>>
>>33218427
Even if the rifling was shot out to the point of being smooth bore your boolits would print fairly tight at 7-25 yards.

I would guess, mechanically from a ransom rest at 30 feet (10 yards) with a smooth bore bbl a pistol like that would hold 3" easily.
>>
the trigger is pretty shit, should I get a better trigger installed?
>>
>>33218465
I would convert it to LEM, LEM trigger isn't nearly as mushy and is more consistent.

Also LEM is the most practical and useful trigger system ever devised so there's that.
>>
>>33218216
It's probably you. It takes me about 150-300 rounds to get used to a new pistol and then I train with it at least every month. Even then the USP has a particularly shitty DA. I would get used to the trigger.
>>
>>33218216
Anyone who asks this question ....It's you , You shoot like shit ... Get better
>>
>>33218216
What ammo were you shooting, OP?
>>
>>33218427
>What is polygonal rifling
>>
File: Battal bruthas.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Battal bruthas.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
2nd'ing all the suggestions about the trigger. The USP has a notoriously mushy/creepy trigger. One of the first things I did when I had my USP was upgrade it to a match trigger kit and that helped a lot. Though I don't shoot my USP much anymore since I got my MK23.
>>
File: 1484652157201.jpg (101KB, 534x460px) Image search: [Google]
1484652157201.jpg
101KB, 534x460px
>>33218427

Remember that USPs are polygonally rifled. Comparing it to a 1911 bore that is probably cut rifled or button rifled isn't a good comparison at all. Your bore looks fine as long as those objects at 12 and 4 oclock are just schmoo and not something more pernicious.

I also shot like garbage when I got my USPc .45. I read somewhere that USPs are sighted such that your front sight should obscure the target. As opposed to every other pistol I have heard of, where you put the target on top of the front sight post. It is apocryphal but I shot significantly better once I had that in mind.
>>
>>33218688
I was shooting low I noticed. I'll try that.

Which trigger is best, match or LEM?
>>
>>33218688
>I read somewhere that USPs are sighted such that your front sight should obscure the target

This is 100% the opposite of my personal experience with my 4 HKs.

All of them have a exaggerated 6 O'clock hold for me.
>>
>>33218717
>I was shooting low I noticed. I'll try that.

You are applying pre-ignition counter force out of sync with the recoil - this is very easy to do with the USPs Mushy, creepy inconsistent trigger.
>>
File: 1281323314893.jpg (45KB, 300x433px) Image search: [Google]
1281323314893.jpg
45KB, 300x433px
>>33218717

I cannot even into DA so if I were to change it, I would go match. That said, it is my carry gun, where I don't necessarily need or want a light pull. I just shot it until the gun and I developed an understanding.
>>
>>33218823
LEM is DAO in a technical sense only, in terms of shooting it feels exactly like a nice SA trigger with long as fuck take up - and that's the best feature, the long light take up is safe as fuck but doesn't effect shoot-ability or reset.

Everything else is like SA though.
>>
>>33218216
It's you.
>>
>>33218740
it really depends on the distance you are shooting at. a 6 oclock hold will turn into sights obscuring the target easily if you just move.
>>
File: 1488057256114.jpg (111KB, 680x979px) Image search: [Google]
1488057256114.jpg
111KB, 680x979px
>>33218688

Checked
>>
>>33219819
That's just the thing anon, the hold becomes more exaggerated at 25 yards than at 7, it's not the end of the world but it's kind of annoying aiming at dirt when trying to slap a 10" plate at 25

I'm half convinced its me and I have a buddy who is OK enough to at least not jerk the trigger and he reports a more center hold. But on literally every other pistol I've ever shot I've never had this come up, yet it's a thing on all 4 of my HKs.

I just don't know anymore.
>>
>>33218216
HK barrels last forever, but it might be worn out. look inside and check the rifling. cops shoot a TON of training rounds so it's possible to wear one out.
>>
>>33219916
I've seen a USP barrel with a small amount of pitting in the bore, but it wasn't from being shot out, but rather from severe abuse and exposure to constantly moist conditions. It's very unlikely that OP's gun's bore has been "shot out."
>>
>The USP has a lousy trigger

I have never handled one before, but this is news to me. If the trigger is bad, and I am not going to be shooting the gun enough to profit from its legendary durability, is there even a reason to consider getting a USP over the other options out there? Or are there no good hammer-fired automatics with a decent factory trigger?
>>
>>33220316
>is there even a reason to consider getting a USP over the other options out there?
The LEM trigger is top tier compared to their TDA trigger
>>
>>33220316
>>33220326

Also it should be clarified that the trigger is till a very practical and functional trigger, it just takes more mental focus to shoot tight groups because of the inconsistent mush. But when shooting fast or practically - you won't notice a thing.
>>
>>33218649
How much better is the match trigger? All the complaints about it having molded parts aside?
>>
>>33220316
The match triggers they have in them on the tacticals, elites, experts, etc. are all pretty good. You can even put a match trigger in just the regular full size USPs pretty easily since they sell the kits and all that.
>>
>>33220339
It's just kind of surprising to hear that a gun that's widely acknowledged as being top-tier has a trigger that has a lot of room for improvement. Is it a function of the gun being designed for reliability and durability above all else?
>>
>>33220430
>Is it a function of the gun being designed for reliability and durability above all else?

yes

and as I said when shooting the gun "practically" - the way it would be used in a fight it's a great trigger.
>>
>>33220344
Absolutely worth it. The LOP and weight is reduced considerably, especially for the DA pull and it has an adjustable reset screw. It's pricey no doubt about it, but I think it's a worthwhile investment and personally don't think it overly compromises the "duty" ability of the pistol like some competition triggers do.
>>
MAKE A 10MM USP YOU FR*CKS! THE USP IS THE ONLY PISTOL BUILT AROUND .40 SO STOP FL*PPING AROUND AND GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!
>>
Not surprising that you'd get bad accuracy. That is not a soldier's gun.
>>
Appreciate the responses gentlemen. I think I will be purchasing a match trigger, this is purely a range toy for me. I may also purchase different sights if I can. the tritium ones on it are kinda..eh crappy IMO.
>>
>>33221416
>GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!
>H&K
oh boy.
>>
>>33222878
They've been saying for a bit that they really don't mean that, this is how they can prove it. Give us the big boi future gun in the big boi future cartridge.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.