[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this possible /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: rambo-2.jpg (262KB, 953x687px) Image search: [Google]
rambo-2.jpg
262KB, 953x687px
is this possible /k/?
>>
File: hicOCK.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hicOCK.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>33218175
>>33218204
I wonder. If fired full auto, wouldn't the next few shots have a good chance of striking the grenade in flight?
>>
>>33218204
this works as a grenade launcher or a proper rocket powered projectile launcher?
>>
First shot launches the projectile, subsequent shot blows the projectile up close enough to kill the whole squad

(Assuming first round is a blank, assuming rest of the belt isn't, assuming Stallone doesn't tacticaly taps the trigger for one shot)
>>
>>33218245
i think that the portraied rpg rocket is accurate at the range of 250 m so it would be possible to hit it since it keeps for long enough in line with fire.
>>
Technically possible. It looks like some retarded launching cup system.

>>33218263
Grenade launcher

>>33218284
Modern rifles grenades use a bullet trap system that allows the use of live ammo to fire the grenade.
>>
>>33218175
Do you have the photo without the circle ?
>>
>>33218384
US used similar system in WW2 with bolt action rifles right?
>>
>>33218407
here you go
>>
>>33218408
yeah

remember that one band of brothers scene where one of them puts it on the end of the rifle and shoots it through a window and then a guy toss a grenade in through a window and then opens the door for it to explode in his face
>>
>>33218408
They jerry-rigged 60mm mortar shells to fire from the rifle grenade mount too.
>>
>>33218408
Not exactly. The M7 system use the pressure generated by blanks to propel the grenade. You'll blow yourself up if you use regular ammo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=161JT0WRVf4

The wikipedia article about rifle grenades is also decent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifle_grenade

>but why use rifle grenades instead of underslug launchers like the M203?
Greater diameter means better AT abilities (and explosion radius). For example the AC-58 grenade has similar penetration to the PG-7VS1 rocket.
You can get some neat gadgets like the SIMON door-breacher
Every rifle can shot grenades without adding accessories and weight to the weapon

It's a trade-off. Whether it's worth it or not depends on your doctrine.
>>
>>33218542
thanks for explaining
>>
>>33218416
Literally the only Rambo movie worth a damn but holy shit that clumsy title name triggers the fuck out of me
>>
>>33218175
His anatomy is even more messed up than the failed Ripley clone he is holding.
It's a bizarre mashup of different angles.
>>
File: photo[1].jpg~original.jpg (137KB, 750x677px) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg~original.jpg
137KB, 750x677px
>>33218572
You're welcome. I fucking love rifle grenades.
And french rifles, since the french have a massive hard-on for rifle grenades and designed their gear and organization around it.
Also things like using an assembly of outdated rifle barrels to make impromptu hedgehog mortars.
>>
>>33218694
Why do people shit on the French again?
>>
File: BombardeGerard398AP5002a.jpg (58KB, 606x600px) Image search: [Google]
BombardeGerard398AP5002a.jpg
58KB, 606x600px
>>33218920
because cultural warfare.
>>
>>33218384
Not in an MG you fucking retard. The rocket would be hit by the next shot and blow up as it is slower than a round of ammunition
>>
>>33218983
>It's physically impossible to shoot blanks with a MG.
>It's physically impossible to shoot a single round with a MG.
Geez, chill out anon. You're going full retard and being needlessly aggressive at the same time.

Anyways, OP's question wasn't "Is he going to blow himself up", it was "Is this possible".
And it is. It's not practical, not even plausible, but it's definitely possible.

Also this isn't a rocket, it's a grenade.
To make it simple, let's just say that we don't produce 7,62mm rockets, and you don't want to fuck your rifle with the jet.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.