[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about trading in my G19 today /k/, It was my first gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

Thinking about trading in my G19 today /k/, It was my first gun and I've put a lil money into it, but I literally never carry it and I barely ever shoot it anymore. Whenever I'm at the range I'm generally practicing with my Shield which is what I carry all the time.

Whats a fair asking price for it with the installed Ameriglo I-dots?
>>
It has light wear and tear and only 1000-1500 rounds through it
>>
gen 3 or 4? what condition?
>>
about three fiddy
>>
>>33216788
genuinely curious, why did you go to carrying less gun? Were you having concealment problems?
>>
>>33216805
This. OP is most likely having issues with carrying it concealed.
>>
I'm gonna have to find a buyer, its going to sit in my store taking up space and I need to make a profit too. Let me call my buddy who is an expert on hand grenades and he can tell us what it's worth.
>>
>>33216797

it's a gen 4 I bought last year new, clean it regularly and its barely even been fired, I ended up hating carrying it as I prefer smaller pistols
>>
>>33216805

This is the reasoning. I just feel like I have a massive bulk of weight attached to me with double stacks, as opposed to my shield that completely melts away.

Even the shield feels too big sometimes, I really prefer mouse guns desu.

Shoot like a damn dream though.
>>
>>33216810

Never had a misfire or even a jam, (besides my limp wristing sister who cant shoot for shit)
>>
>>33216821
Fair enough, I cannot stand small guns, I just can't get the on demand performance I want from them.
>>
>>33216814
I'd say 400 depends though, you sell it to another buyer you might be able to walk away with 475. If you sell it to your LGS they're going to low ball you to make a profit
>>
File: OQCy0f4.jpg (107KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
OQCy0f4.jpg
107KB, 752x1063px
The average price on armslist is about five hunna, so maybe about that price?
You could maybe throw on an extra couple of dollars because of the sights
>>
>>33216835
you'd be better off keeping it, and saving up for your next purchase. never hurts to have a Glock in the collection
>>
>>33216831
I'm like this too. I used to carry a Shield, convinced I was unable to carry something as big as a Glock 19 but with the right holster and belt, it was nothing. Now, I carry a gun slightly thicker and heavier than a 19 and still have no problems.

I firmly believe anybody can carry a Glock 19 regardless of their body style or size.
>>
>he fell for the "Glock 19 is the best gun for concealed carry, period" meme

At least you learned that a gun that you can't easily carry is not a good carry piece. Most of /k/ isn't even on that level yet.
>>
>>33216831

It's definitely a trade off. They aren't near as quality in shooting as something like the G19 but The way they conceal makes it far more comfortable for me, especially when I'm carrying in the summer or if I have to carry for extended periods of time.
>>
I just picked up a brand new G19 gen 4 last weekend for $529. used is used, you loose value as soon as u step out of the shop
>>
>>33216846

Yes sir, frankly a 5" bbl double stack is no problem with a correct holster. Fatty, manlet or lanklet it matters not.
>>
>>33216835
>If you sell it to your LGS they're going to low ball you to make a profit

This is what Im worried about. The two LGS in my area are essentially Gamestops of the gun community here.
>>
>>33216846

OP here, don't get me wrong I can def carry it. I have a really quality holster and belt, I just have this weird feeling of heavy awkwardness with it even if nobody else can see it.

I carried it for a solid 6 months and the feeling never went away for me
>>
>>33216849
>he fell for the "Glock 19 is the best gun for concealed carry, period" meme

I honestly did. I can't say it was a bad purchase, as it got me into CCW, but it was def an expensive lesson learned.
>>
>>33216866
it's honestly how it works everywhere, unless you're walking in with something you don't see everyday their only goal is profit
>>
>>33216896
should have gone with the G26
>>
>>33216930

Yeah your right. I still don't think I would carry it though. As Ive gotten more into carry Ive learned I prefer the single stacks.

Im thinking about purchasing an LCP II
>>
>>33216930
Going with what this anon said. A Glock 26 with a 12rd pmag is a good compromise if you're concerned with weight.
>>
the way iv always looked at it, no matter what you carry, you're going to know it's there. as long as the public eye can't see it. you're good.
>>
OP what state are you in? If youre in CA I'll pay you $300 cash no paperwork.
>>
>>33216821
>my shield that completely melts away.

are you sure your shield isnt an FNX?
>>
You are going to lose quite a bit on the sale.

Why not keep it and trick it out with a light, silencer, optic, and a big mag and use it for home defense/vehicle duty?
>>
>>33216941
LC9S is much better than LCP. I think I saw them for 300 recently.
>>
unless you're content to lose a good chunk of money, i'd hang on to it.
>>
>>33217881
And it isn't a mouse gun.
>>
>>33217987
if you can't carry a lc9s, well I would say kill yourself bit you'd probably be physically incapable of that, too.
>>
>>33217626
>Why not keep it and trick it out with a light, silencer, optic, and a big mag and use it for home defense/vehicle duty?

Ive thought about this, but I have a pretty badass shotgun that I keep for homdefense, so my glock is in the safe anyway.

I might end up keeping it anyway, I know I'll lose a shitload trying to sell it.
>>
>>33218035

who said anything about being incapable of carrying an lc9s? carrying smaller handguns is simply my preference you insecure geek.
>>
>>33216788
350-450 bucks probably 400
less than 300 if you try to trade it in at a gunstore
your aftermarket sights add zero value
>>
>>33218475
LC9S is a small gun. LCP is slightly smaller.
>>
File: Ruger-LCP-LC9.jpg (96KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-LCP-LC9.jpg
96KB, 500x429px
>>33219448
>slightly smaller

Look a hell of alot smaller to me. Its also 7.8 ounces lighter.
>>
File: screenshot.236.jpg (193KB, 918x525px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.236.jpg
193KB, 918x525px
>>33219497

Oops, wrong picture. Had the correct weight though.
>>
What would a Gen 2 Glock 19 fetch over a Gen 3/4. Would it be more? Less? About the same?
>>
>>33219497
why do people ask for advice when they've already made up their mind on what they want... the LCP is inferior quality to the LC9S. but if your only concern is size and weight, I suggest you get one of these.
>>
>>33219687

I never asked for advice at all you mongoloid, I was asking for a decent price gauge as for what price I should sell my glock 19.

You just interjected your retard opinions on why you aren't a big tough man if you don't carry a LC9S.

Why don't you learn some fucking reading comprehension.
>>
>>33219575
to the average person like 50-100 bucks less than a 3rd or 4 gen in the same condition
however there are people out there that really want 2nd gen glocks for no finger grooves and will pay a premium

any stock glock is still worth a minimum of 300
>>
That feel when you can get a Glock brand new for $330.

To the OP: your gun is worth about $450 on the open market. $400 if it didn't come with the sights.

To move it quickly, price it at $425
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.