[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reloading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
I'm looking to reload for pic related (8x56r)
What equipment do I need if I'm going to reload it and swage down .338 bullets?

Do I need a press, what sizing die, etc?
I have no idea what combination I need to get started.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 640x601px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 640x601px
Bump
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 202x202px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 202x202px
Bornp
>>
Vamp
>>
>>33215758
Buy a reloading handbook. Stop asking for serious advice on a Cambodian beekeeping forum.
>>
>>33215758
>reloading nugget food
LOL
>>
>>33216620
>8x56r
>Nugget
Really senpai?
>>
>>33216620
>being this retarded
>>
>>33216532
It's excluded from a lot of handbooks except for hard to find ones, and a lot of handbooks that include equipment advice are shills for expensive machines.
>>
>>33216905
It's obvious that he mistyped. He either meant nugget good or mauser food. Those are the only rifle rounds in that range.
>>
>>33216931
At least he tried
>>
>>33215758
Here ya go chief, cheaper and faster than swageing down .338 pills.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/925?
>>
Only loading data I've found that wasn't someone's home brew was in cartridges of the world and the data that comes with the Lee 8x56r die set.

Good luck, op.
>>
>>33217259
So what else besides the dies would i need?
excluding bullets, brass, powder, etc.
>>
>>33217190
A helpful tripfag????????
>>
bornp
>>
>>33217523
You mean other than the basics of a press, powder measure, scale, Etc?
>>
>>33215758
before you buy a shitload of gear make sure the components are available and economical,you need: the bullet tips,the brass,the powder load,and primers.

if you have a crate of ammo and count on using it to reload consider that it might berdan primed and not box primed,box primers are the commercial standard and primer punches wont work on berdan.

for equipment you will either need a press or a die kit specifically for that caliber,i would recommend a press,if you go with a press you will need a powder measure and a caliper and a scale .
for the cartridge reloading you will need a shell holder, a sizing die and a bullet seating die these items are specific to each caliber.
>>
>>33219206
I meant the basics, I figured you guys would know the jew shortcuts for those things
>>
>>33219587
https://youtu.be/5v72SgS0bo8?t=14m1s

not to sound like a dick but do it right or dont do it at all.
>>
>>33215758
For 8x56R you will need at bare minimum:
>Press
>Dies (and shell holder)
>Scale
>Components
>If you want to size bullets down, you are going to need two sizing dies preferably.
>Chronograph
Now for the hard pieces
>Reliable load data
>experience

I have been working on and off with 8x56R. I can get acceptable accuracy with surplus (3-4 MOA) but my hand loads are just not hot enough yet. Lee data is laughable weak (they use a similar cartridge and extrapolate that data) and I have exceeded it by a measure without any pressure signs. Grow your charges very slowly.
>>
>>33219587
Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you mean, but you don't take "shortcuts" reloading. That's an easy way to lose part of your face.

I'm away from my manuals at the moment but I'm pretty sure Speer #14 Has several loads for the 8x56. When you start a new load, always reduce the charge 10% and work your way up.
Don't cheap out and use a kitchen scale to measure your powder, spend the money on a good digital if that's what you want (my personal preference).
If you don't have a kit, the RCBS rock chucker one works great. It's what I started with and most of that I still use today.
>>
>>33221163
shortcuts meant something like a table press vs a hand press, special dies vs identical relabeled dies etc.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.